||EPS - Basic
||Market Cap (m)
|Oil Equipment Services & Distribution
Kbc Adv.Tech. Share Discussion Threads
Showing 2351 to 2371 of 2375 messages
|beutefull [hd] re jumbo keep smiling :-)))))))))))|
|Anyone still holding this ?|
|[hd] re jumbo|
|L2 5-1 Looking good , some are at 225 on the ask!|
|Always a good idea to read through the Appendices , in this case Appendix III.The reason the price is currently more than the latest cash offer is that the market sees this going higher. (probably helped by the 250,000 purchase this morning at 118p)There are a multitude of large oil services companies out there with far deeper pockets than the two that have appeared thus far.|
|the cash takeover equates to 210p but the market price is higher? is nit better to sell on the market? i thought the first cash offer was adone deal and therfore binding- can someon explain please?|
|Phew. Glad I held on to mine.|
|Cant quite see this being the end of the story. This is likely to go to a full blown takeover as opposed to the scheme. GLA|
|And there you have it.|
|All to play for here I reckon! Maven have been buying steadily since the offer (exactly the same outfit that bought into ARP last year before whoever it was upped their offer by 20% and took them out)|
|Sand Grove have committed nearly £3.5m since Aspen deal announcement. If the deal goes through at £1.85 they will have made a profit on that investment of £25,695 ????|
b a baracus
|Either that, or they're betting on Aspen having to raise its bid or another bidder emerging.|
|Probably of passing interest to most now, but I'm guessing/speculating that this isn't a done deal yet. No irrevocable undertaking from Coltrane or Kongsberg, who together hold around 15%. Will that be enough to block a deal, or force Aspen to offer more? I can imagine Kongsberg in particular not being particularly thrilled with this deal. I think I read that Aspen's credit rating had been lowered as a result of this deal being announced, so will they be prepared to up their offer? With a bit of luck the deal will fall apart and I can buy back in much lower down.|
|Edit post 2093 . Got muddled .... 8.3 disclosures have to be made within 10 business days of the offer. Any dealings by the 1%+ holdings gang after the offer have to be disclosed by close of business following day. Hope I've managed to make that sound as clear as mud.|
|I am still considering (dithering?)about this although I am leaning towards taking the cash now just in case something goes wrong, unlikely though I think that might be. I nearly sold a couple of times last year but luckily I held on.
Does anyone know if Simon Thompson of the IC has expressed a view yet? I think he has been very supportive of KBC in the past. If he has not posted online I would imagine he would have something to say in this week's IC so I may just wait for that.|
|Konsberg will have to disclose their holding by close of play tomorrow (which last stood at just under 4.9%) so any changes from that percentage holding may well indicate their intent. (The krone is fairly weak at the moment and Aspen have quite a lot of ammo)|
|Anyone think that Kongsberg might be interested in bidding?|
You've taken the correct decision there fella.
Good fortune and GL!|
Certainly agree with you that that is the sensible move -- and I've offloaded most of my stake today at 183.5p. Just commenting that it may not be a done deal. I'll probably keep a small 'gamble' stake, just in case there is a higher offer.|
|The downside risk due to the deal falling through is far greater than the gain to be made by another bid.
The mgt believe today's bid reflects full value and they know the business from the inside so one would assume today's mkt cap is the max that can be achieved. Another bid, should it come in, would only be a small percentage to today's value. Say 5% or less?
Now, if the bid falls through I am telling you the share-price will get hammered by at least 20%
It's a no-brainer. You sell today, take the cash and seek other opportunities elsewhere|
|Looks like a done deal... or does it?
It's interesting that Coltrane Master Fund (which has been building its stake up recently) has not given any commitment to support the deal. That could suggest that they see 185p as too low. Given that Coltrane has over 10%, that could be a problem for Aspen, as Aspen can't squeeze them out. That might be why the offer is being structured as a scheme of arrangement, rather than a direct takeover, since that gives Aspen more certainty of acquiring 100% of the company, even if Coltrane does not accept.
Also, the undertakings that have been given by the other large shareholders are expressly stated to fall away if "an announcement is released by any person of a firm intention to make a competing offer for KBC at a value that is (in the opinion of [the shareholder]) in excess of that set out in this announcement..."
I'm not sure I'd be tempted to sell out completely at this stage.|