Share Name Share Symbol Market Type Share ISIN Share Description
Iofina LSE:IOF London Ordinary Share GB00B2QL5C79 ORD 1P
  Price Change % Change Share Price Bid Price Offer Price High Price Low Price Open Price Shares Traded Last Trade
  -0.625p -4.39% 13.625p 13.25p 14.00p 13.75p 13.50p 13.75p 303,791 16:35:21
Industry Sector Turnover (m) Profit (m) EPS - Basic PE Ratio Market Cap (m)
General Financial 20.3 -3.3 -2.3 - 17.38

Iofina (IOF) Latest News

More Iofina News
Iofina Takeover Rumours

Iofina (IOF) Share Charts

1 Year Iofina Chart

1 Year Iofina Chart

1 Month Iofina Chart

1 Month Iofina Chart

Intraday Iofina Chart

Intraday Iofina Chart

Iofina (IOF) Discussions and Chat

Iofina Forums and Chat

Date Time Title Posts
23/11/201715:20Iofina recovery892
09/11/201718:59IOF tipsters2,537
02/6/201710:21Iofina41,441
01/6/201711:27Iofina Holdings in Company9,922
02/3/201719:16IOFINA ABOUT TO ROCKET ON TRADING UPDATE!17

Add a New Thread

Iofina (IOF) Most Recent Trades

Trade Time Trade Price Trade Size Trade Value Trade Type
16:51:5213.5040,8595,515.97O
10:01:4113.9010,0001,390.00O
10:00:5613.3047162.64O
09:28:1813.5020,8592,815.97AT
09:26:3913.5020,0002,700.00AT
View all Iofina trades in real-time

Iofina (IOF) Top Chat Posts

DateSubject
23/11/2017
08:20
Iofina Daily Update: Iofina is listed in the General Financial sector of the London Stock Exchange with ticker IOF. The last closing price for Iofina was 14.25p.
Iofina has a 4 week average price of 13p and a 12 week average price of 10p.
The 1 year high share price is 18.50p while the 1 year low share price is currently 7.50p.
There are currently 127,569,398 shares in issue and the average daily traded volume is 409,720 shares. The market capitalisation of Iofina is £17,381,330.48.
05/11/2017
15:33
superg1: On the dilution side you have $20 mill at 25p per share average re the loan notes. Current exchange rate 1.3 it adds about 60 mill shares making it around 180 mill in issue. The debt not yet drawn down in full 6% interest pa. Notes payable by June 2019. I see IOF can demand conversion of the notes if the share price goes over 50p for 5 consecutive days. "e) the Company may require that any or all of the Notes outstanding be converted into Ordinary Shares following the publicly quoted closing price per Ordinary Share being 50p or more for at least five consecutive trading days;" Using a PE of 15 if they were in profit then it equates to .83p per mill profit. So £5 mill profit would mean around a 40p share price then add in the growth factor if that was in play. All things being equal then each $1 rise in the iodine price adds about 6p. That assumes io7 and 8 in play with around 800mt plus per year. In short if the iodine price does well then the IOF share price is going to take off.
29/9/2017
18:11
woodpeckers: Zendo, thanks for your reply. Completely agree that 'The share price ultimately will reflect the underlying business prospects over the long term'. As you say, institutions tend to hold their shares rather more 'tightly'. IMO this is what this company/share price needs. At the moment, any small rise seems to be sold into as many private investors are generally far too short sighted. I remember chatting with a FTSE 250 CFO who told me that they really don't want many private investors as they are far too emotional and would 'mess up the share price'. Institutions, he told me, look at the companies long term prospects, not what they think the share price will do tomorrow. Anyway, as I say, thanks for responding, I was just a little confused as to why you thought institutional investment would be a distraction, but I now understand that what you mean is that less shares in circulation could magnify the effect of private investor trading which I agree it possibly would, though a little institutional investment now would at least get the share price up to a 'fair current valuation'.
06/6/2017
06:43
rogerbridge: We have to remember that there is an election in two days time and many have taken money off the table, since the Labour Party apperering to be neck and neck with the Conservatives. Some weeks ago, it looked a stroll for May, now investors are not sure. I think May will win, and there will be some re-investing, otherwise, the market is probably in for a drop. One thing is sure, as the iodine price increases, so will the IOF share price.
20/12/2016
08:29
jonnybig: Half a pence half a pence half a pence downward Into the valley of death Fell the IOF share price LOL!!! JonnyB:)
03/8/2016
10:35
rogerbridge: The oil price is down at the moment, interestingly, around February time a chartist who is usually quite accurate forecast that crude would be $46 in July, down to £38.43 in July and back up to $60 in November. Who knows, but traders can not make money unless the crude price goes up or down, there is no money to be made if the price is flat. The result is that we get volitility with all of the money slopping about in the markets, due to Q.E. Money has to go somewhere and eventually it will go back into crude, the question is when. It's a pity about the IOF share price but the board have never been ones to release rns's and talk things up.
01/7/2016
14:17
joestalin: According to Yahoo (yes I know) there has been no IOF share price change since 10.20 this morning. Either the interest in it has dissipated or it has been suspended. Has anyone been following this today?
08/4/2016
19:09
johnsdale: There are still bulls left but there is and has been nothing to rally around for a long time. I set aside a large sum to buy back into IOF from around the 7p mark, however as I've watched it capitulate and fall without any care from the board or putting a penny of their own money in I'm really not so sure now. I bought my first chunk of IOF shares just after Biggys investment at around 50p so nowhere near as high as some who are left here. Foolishly I took chunks at 10p intervals as this went down, believing like many here that the underlying principals were good. Like Rheumking said an iodine price war and earthquakes are beyond there control and no one can blame them for that. However the bond issuance compared to a funding was their fault and that could have been corrected as the share price fell. When biggy got involved we had monthly updates on production which gradual release of other news, which helped reassure investors each month. That was stopped once all the plants came on line (from memory I think the share price was about 65p at that point). Since then I haven't really seen any care or time from the company or any effort to preserve shareholder value. It's alarmed me and against my better nature I ignored it. Not getting the water decision was a big blow and the fundamentals of the company have been pulled into question ever since. However like Beez says they could have done a funding at any point all the way down but now they have probably left it too late if that's what's needed to survive. I have a lot of decision making too do over the weekend about whether I continue to support the price or whether I get out at any costs on Monday into next week. My holding is about a million shares, I'm in a position to double or treble that holding if I believed that IOF were capable of turning the corner and I suspect many here have the same or decisions to make. However if there is no statement on Monday/Tuesday I think my decision may have been made for me. The bod at that point simply has no regard for shareholders or the value so why should I waste another penny of my money or my time in that situation. They issued a release after we dropped from 22p to 9p stating they were operationally robust after the earthquakes which shored things up for a time. However they dropped the bombshell with the end of year production that they had made a loss despite saying they made a profit before ebita all the way through 2015. The size of the loss? We simply do not know and let's face it if Hekking hadn't of gone we'd still be around the 8p mark right about now, hell even if they found a permenant replacement we wouldn't have dropped below 7p All the uncertainty is of their own making with partial or cryptic releases, the fact is "operationally robust" does not mean they have enough cash to survive however many times we read it. I struggled with the Bears view for a long time as I believed they were way too negative, but I've realised I came to the board late and they had that view after being kicked off the board or shouted down. I've done my own calcs and depending on the value of the contract and the profit margins on the derivatives business it still may not be so bad. The currency fluctuations have improved by around 15% since January and are likely set to continue which should fuel a similar or if not larger boast in the iodine price. The earthquake issue which knocked 15p off the share price has largley abated. Water is still a 50/50 and I remember a time when that alone could add 5-10p to the share price. I've read all the other permits as many others have and to deny IOF would mean that all other permits would be invalid, so it seems easier to change the point of law than eventually revoke all permits or fast track IOF's through with better letters of intent. I remember the oil price crashing putting pressure on the share price, that looks to have stabilised and the Bakken players are still producing against everyone's expectations. The only thing that can sink the company is cash flow and let's face it a simple production report next week won't lift this share. They will notify us whether they are a going concern or not and its as simple as that. If they are not then the bond holders get everything left and if they are the share price will double or triple from here. Phoenix is right in that the selling is made worse by all the buyers sitting on the sidelines. With positive news the share price would jump 50%-100% or more in a day, with bad news Depending in the content I'm not sure any of us would be able to get out in time. If it's a leak like fresh mentions then we will know and be out of our misery by Monday morning. Truth is we help create the bottom, there was a time when a message from biggy could create a bear squeeze and we all unfortunately believed his statements about hoovering up shares at various points all the way down. I will make ready a sizeable share buying chest for Monday morning and beyond, but whether that involves me frantically buying or frantically selling rests on what the company do between now and Tuesday. As much as I still believe in some of the fundamentals (and I've gone against the herd and won many times in life and in business) I'm not prepared to be involved with a company that doesn't care enough, or are not able to issue news on time or support a share price that has collapsed 50% in two months or 80% in 4-5 months, I don't even want to think about the £2-£2.50 days that some of you have witnessed and I'm glad my pain has been relatively short lived. I wish the Bears and the Bulls well on this, I have no emotional attachment to this share anymore and I salute the Bulls for calling it right so far. Forgive the size of the post its my own way of setting out my investment path so far and helps me keep my mind clear for the weekend, I wish you all the same!
14/1/2016
11:41
ridicule: I agree johnsdale. It is the future that will drive the IOF share price, performance last year will help the price in the short term if it is good; destroy it if it proved to be bad, but I think we can all assume the 2015 target will be met from last Trading update. The real point is that, even if the 2015 target is met, it will not produce enough financial firepower to fund the necessary forward investment - IO1 and mobiles. This investment is badly needed to derisk the 2017 convertibles in May 2017. That is why I have banged on often in the past that the Company should have gone for a rights issue when the share price was North of 70p, instead they relied on a successful outcome to the Water licence application and that the iodine price would hold up better than it has. In the lack of further announcements, it seems to me that the Company are still relying on these two factors. Both factors are outside the Company's control, however, and, having run a business myself, cash is king and always make sure you manage it with factors that you control, not others. The concentration on this Board over the past 18 months on whether the Water Appeal would or would not succeed and whether Chile output would or would not fall to provide a firmer iodine price, has been the predominant debate here. and the outcomes have not, so far, been as predicted or hoped. While these issues have provided good background research, they should have been just that. Instead, they have dominated this Board and there has been very little discussion about the performance of IOF itself. The last few posts have been most welcome in this respect.
23/12/2015
11:27
ridicule: Che Ileeming. I note the chart discussion. Technical analysis is usually best practised on blue chip shares with daily trading volumes in the millions of shares. Smaller shares such as IOF, particularly given it's fall from grace due to lack of cash to support a forward plan (esential for a commodity based company on Aim)and the water contract legal contention is why the shares are where they are, even given the current Iodine price. I say the latter because, as many argue on this thread argue, IOF looks EBITDA stable, even at current prices. Given the foregoing, if even modest net buying kicks in from here, with just 127.57m shares in issue, the IOF share price will rise. If more selling occurs, it will fall regardless of the chart.
17/12/2015
13:45
ridicule: eagle eye Surely the optimum price is £1.999. All gain with no pain. On a more serious note, the willingness to sell into any penny rise, reflects the general loss of faith a lot of PIs have in the way the company has managed it's liquidity over the past 2 years. Had they come out with a rights (old fashioned, but just)around the 75p + level on the way down, their financial war chest would have been able to fund the 01 redeployment and the development and deployment of mobiles. There are only 127.57m shares in issue and we need a capital warchest asap, but sadly not at the current share price level. They clearly relied on the water licence coming good but this was a mistake. Always keep the Company's ability to invest indepedant from outside forces, including the market that has savaged the IOF share price because they were seen as naked in terms of their ability to invest in a growth plan once the share price started to tank.
Iofina share price data is direct from the London Stock Exchange
Your Recent History
LSE
GKP
Gulf Keyst..
LSE
QPP
Quindell
FTSE
UKX
FTSE 100
LSE
IOF
Iofina
FX
GBPUSD
UK Sterlin..
Stocks you've viewed will appear in this box, letting you easily return to quotes you've seen previously.

Register now to create your own custom streaming stock watchlist.

By accessing the services available at ADVFN you are agreeing to be bound by ADVFN's Terms & Conditions

P:40 V: D:20171123 20:43:07