Share Name Share Symbol Market Type Share ISIN Share Description
Indian Film LSE:IFC London Ordinary Share GG00B1VX1S93 ORD NPV
  Price Change % Change Share Price Bid Price Offer Price High Price Low Price Open Price Shares Traded Last Trade
  +0.00p +0.00% 107.50p 0.00p 0.00p - - - 0.00 05:00:10
Industry Sector Turnover (m) Profit (m) EPS - Basic PE Ratio Market Cap (m)
Media 19.9 -4.6 -8.3 - 59.13

Indian Film Share Discussion Threads

Showing 401 to 424 of 425 messages
Chat Pages: 17  16  15  14  13  12  11  10  9  8  7  6  Older
DateSubjectAuthorDiscuss
04/10/2010
13:16
Where are all the trades?...
diku
04/10/2010
09:20
Wow. Let's hope it happens to Eros next!
evaluate
04/10/2010
09:09
In August 2009 most share holders above 80% I think accepted a cash offer for 40p ish, as the directors recomended that. Now 1 year later they are worth 115p! I guess most PIs sold then as this share has been down for ages, so todays offer of no benefit to PIs - right?
mali7
01/10/2010
18:11
I have a vision of all these IFC shareholders wandering around this weekend oblivious to the fact that their shares are no longer worth 35p but in actual fact are now worth 115.56p.My word i bet they are going to be smiling when they see the price on Monday,i don't own any but i love the romance of buying shares,it doesn't happen often but when it does isn't it wonderful.
spooky
13/10/2009
20:01
Quite glad i got forced out here, as current trading has been poor. TU is probably overly miserable so that the last few holders sell up.
stegrego
29/8/2009
08:23
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------- mali7 - 25 Aug'09 - 12:04 - 316 of 319 Very suprised myself. Hence today decided to accept their offer! I gave up fighting against a giant predator - there is not much you can do as small private investor! I guess more will accept that now that they have acheived about 70%, which I can see, take them easily above 75% by September deadline. I guess its time to move the money to something else... ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------- There is no fight, just dont accept the offer. Why the hell would you accept the offer if you dont like the offer???? Private investors have nothing to lose by taking no action and declining the offer, if Network18 get the 75% you will still get your poxy 40p whether you accept or not!!
spadman
28/8/2009
11:23
why is the bid 39p when there's a 40p bid on the table that no one wants?
spadman
25/8/2009
16:53
I had this on my watchlist but picked Eros instead. Seems like I got lucky this time. Might be worth the reluctant sellers taking a look at Eros. I think it has many similar characteristics. Just a thought.
evaluate
25/8/2009
15:30
Hi Mali7, I find myself in complete agreement with you and have hence reluctantly decided to accept the cash and move on. Regards, TC
thecornishman2
25/8/2009
11:04
Very suprised myself. Hence today decided to accept their offer! I gave up fighting against a giant predator - there is not much you can do as small private investor! I guess more will accept that now that they have acheived about 70%, which I can see, take them easily above 75% by September deadline. I guess its time to move the money to something else...
mali7
24/8/2009
17:49
Hmm very suprised that they have now got nearly 70%. Id concur that its looking quite likely now that its going to go through. Daylight robbery
stegrego
24/8/2009
14:35
Hi Stegrego, Thanks for the reply. I understand the IFC response to the bid and have little doubt that the company is being purchased for less than it ought to be, but as I said before it is the possibility of delisting that has concerned me. I see Network18 have now released a further RNS saying they have reached approx. the 70% level and have set Sept 7th as the closing date of the offer. I have been undecided as of yet as how best to proceed, but given that the 75% level is getting closer and with the closing date set, I think I am more inclined now to accept but remain a little uncertain (or that might more accurately be described as 'greedy' I guess ;-) Would be interested to hear your take on the new RNS. It's going to be a shame to see this one get taken-out as such a low level, but it does now look to me like that is how this is going to play out. Regards, TC
thecornishman2
20/8/2009
11:55
They have said they wont condsider delisting unless they get at least 75%. I cant see them suddenly getting 25% more or anywhere near that. Im going to stick with them, as IFC board is still advising..... Re-read IFCs response from yesterday.
stegrego
20/8/2009
10:08
Hi Stegrego, Thanks for the reply. My greatest concern would be that Network18 now acquires enough shares to delist - then other shareholders will find themselves with an investment they have no obvious way to exit. If the company does well from here on out that might not be so terrible, but the possible future loss of a market quotation, for me, removes an important, indeed fundamental, aspect of the margin-of-safety which is being able to step away if things don't go so well. The more I think about it, the more I think I will probably accept the offer now. I've enjoyed a pretty sizeable gain (in % terms anyway ;-) over a very short period of time and whilst I was originally hopeful of more, to hang on in this position intuitively seems riskier than I am happy with. If other shareholders feel the same way, then obviously the de-listing could become a self-fulfilling prophecy, so in essence we are all stuck in a game of prisoner's dilemma until the offer closes. Before Network18 moved over 50% there was still hope but now that shareholders have handed-over effective control my view would be that the company is, ceteris paribus, worth less than it was before (although probably still more than 40p)! However, as such, the guarantee of 40p looks relatively better (to me) than it did previously. That's my line of thinking at the moment, but it is open to revision if someone can point out any errors in my reasoning. Best Regards, TC
thecornishman2
20/8/2009
00:01
It suggests that the company will find it hard to maximise shareholder value; Network18 have shown their intentions and will, most likely, continue to try and buy the company on the cheap. I've been watching this share for a while, deciding whether to buy in... solely because of Network18... still undecided...
mokhan2
18/8/2009
22:43
They have 50.2% or something like that. That means they will stay listed on AIM. Sure they have majority ownership, but i dont see that being a big problem. What does it conjour up for you?
stegrego
15/8/2009
21:08
Nice to see the independent Directors urging shareholders reject offer by taking no action. I was concerned they may have sold us out. My documents went straight in the bin as should everyone elses :)
spadman
13/8/2009
11:48
daylight robery
spadman
06/8/2009
19:49
The bidder holds so many already - so they may well get away with this bid at a far too cheap price. Pity I hold these and didn't switch to Eros after their good news yesterday. I had hoped that the rising share price was hinting at other bidders but the fall today makes that less likely. In these bid situations the market seems to get it right far more often than not.
kenmitch
05/8/2009
11:54
They can recommend whatever they want - doesnt mean that people will sell at that.... This could go the wrong way if the directors hold large amounts of shares and they get offered a nice position in the new company... No time to check holdings at the mo though.
stegrego
05/8/2009
10:57
True, and hope so. With NAV so high, hope offer comes in at least 50p/60p+
mali7
05/8/2009
10:50
Can't see how the Board can recommend sale at 40p when the share price is closer to 45p, offer must be increased.
bardfield1
05/8/2009
10:16
NAV is above £1. Although share price increase could be good, it could be just short-sellers having to cover their postions, that is pushing up the price a bit now? Any thoughts? I wonder what the company would recomend?
mali7
04/8/2009
11:15
Share price rising above the offer price, does this mean that there is going to be a counter offer ?
bardfield1
Chat Pages: 17  16  15  14  13  12  11  10  9  8  7  6  Older
Your Recent History
LSE
GKP
Gulf Keyst..
LSE
QPP
Quindell
FTSE
UKX
FTSE 100
LSE
IOF
Iofina
FX
GBPUSD
UK Sterlin..
Stocks you've viewed will appear in this box, letting you easily return to quotes you've seen previously.

Register now to create your own custom streaming stock watchlist.

By accessing the services available at ADVFN you are agreeing to be bound by ADVFN's Terms & Conditions

P:35 V: D:20161211 00:17:20