||EPS - Basic
||Market Cap (m)
Hyder Consulting Share Discussion Threads
Showing 1876 to 1899 of 1900 messages
|Well 750p was the killer blow. A great ride and happy to have the cash in these turbulent times.
Goodbye to all.|
|10p above offer - looks like market expecting a NK counter-offer - maybe 775?|
|NK still considering - clearly 750p may not be the killer blow.|
|Tricky to call this one now. If Nippon were planning to go a little above 750p - say 760p to 780p - there doesn't seem to be any reason why they shouldn't still do so and see if that's just too much for Arcadis. Shares trading above the offer price.|
|Another 20p - could be the killer blow to the Japanese - maybe Arcalis had a whiff of a counter offer by the Japanese at 745/750p. Anyway no point not hanging in until the bitter end.|
|Still no news from NK - taking their time which suggests that they are seriously contemplating a further counter-offer. Staying in as little downside risk and plenty upside.|
|It's all playing out very nicely, and pretty much a re-run of the Scott Wilson takeover in 2010. Now, will Nippon Koei come back with a knockout blow? I think they will, as they probably expected this and 680p would not have been their highest price. As Arcadis have gone to 730p, Nippon might have to go a bit above the 750p I originally suggested but I think they will, and I think Hyder would rather sell to Nippon as it would seem to be the better deal for their people with the company being left pretty much as it is now. Arcadis would not walk away empty handed as they would make a tidy profit on the HYC shares they have acquired.|
|Well, a whole week has gone by with no news but the market still thinks there's more in this. Arcadis promised a further statement, and you'd think it would not have taken this long if they had just decided to walk away. Still holding and awaiting further developments.|
Ready to take 50% in 5 months. Best of luck all.|
|I think Nippon would have offered a bigger premium if they intended this to be a knockout blow. I reckon they expect Arcadis to up their offer to somewhere around 720p, and they have 750/760p in mind as the price they are prepared to pay. We shall see. The market is clearly expecting more now, and if Arcadis had decided that 650p was their maximum bid they'd have said so in the statement they've released this morning.
From the company's point of view, the Nippon deal will probably look more attractive as they have said they will keep Hyder as a standalone division.|
|Think URS t/o of Scott Wilson!!! Given the latest offer is just above a 12 month high - still inexpensive. However the Parsons B. sale maybe keeping some others out of this acquisition.|
|And the market reckons that might not be the end of the story.|
|Nippon Koei agreed bid 680p cash !!!|
|I wonder what happened just before midday. The price briefly spiked up to 660p. Now back in the high 640s, but it has still risen a few pence on the day.|
|Well, if it appears to us that the price is too low there's a good chance that someone else is thinking the same. It might well be that Arcadis are prepared to pay more but have decided to put in a cheeky offer which they hope they might get away with. It wouldn't surpise me at all if a rival bidder comes in and spoils their plan in the next few days, and they might not be too surprised themselves.|
I quite agree though I do not have a Capital Gains Tax issue as my investment is in an ISA. This company has considerable potential alone and although this seems a big advance in share price the company has the muscle considerably to exceed this. I anticipate it will go through and though I do not know specifically here it is often very much to the advantage of the board in such circumstances, all supported by the shareholders. Members of the board then often get re-employed in the new company!|
|I don't think 'agreed' is too much of a problem - I have seen loads where counter bids still happen. ....|
|This is a damn shame - £6k to the tax man for me.
Wanted to keep these and drip sell over the next three years.
Not sure what agreed does regarding any counter offers?
This company is worth £8+.|
|As soon as clear no higher bid I always sell. Always big risk deal can fall through. ...also with Dmatek had terrible issues with Israeli Tax paperwork - lesson learned. ....p|
|I am inclined not to sell as the offer price is from recollection,somewhat lower than the level attained naturally before the publication of delays in the last results. If there have been no further problems this offer is not quite as good as it initially looks. I too remember Scott Wilson!|
|Probably worth hanging on a few days just to see if a rival bidder emerges - remember the bidding war for Scott Wilson which pushed the price up from an initial 210p to 290p. However, at the moment the market doesn't seem to think that's likely in this case. You never know though as there has been quite a bit of M & A activity in the sector.|
|Only decision is whether to take the 642p now or wait a few months for the 650p no divi likely so is it worth waiting for the 1% or so extra when other opportunities
|seems fair 2 me, YES!!|
|Nice. Been a while coming though.|