||EPS - Basic
||Market Cap (m)
|Oil & Gas Producers
Global Pet. Share Discussion Threads
Showing 9926 to 9949 of 9950 messages
|Interesting to see that Chariot was up 37% on Friday, thanks to an Investors Chronicle tip. Similar sort of assets to GBP?|
|Note the new phrase near the end......."well-placed....to implement a change of focus through acquisition"......intriguing!|
|A bit of realism would be welcome after watching the BBC trying to pretend that Gina Miller possesses any kind of credibility.
I continue to hold, but only until the cash runs out.|
|Fair point on the Peters - and a highly likely complication. However, it is my view that the best environment for doing a deal is the one we seem to be getting in the near term - ie oil prices in the third quartile of the recent range but with expectations that it will soon be in the second quartile. In other words, middle of the range - encouraging realism from all parties|
|Possibly the 2 Peters are only going to sanction a deal that keeps them in control ie. they may not be interested in a reverse-takeover type deal that leaves them out of a job even though it would give them a good price for their shares.|
|It's not easy to be optimistic here. They can't do a deal when the industry is bouyant with $100 oil and they can't do a deal when oil is half that price and the industry is in the doldrums! Two and half years ago they had over $15.5M cash and were banging on about how strong a position they were in relative to their peers. Sound familiar?|
|As I know from elsewhere, it is correct to say that there have been improvements in the outlook for development financings.....but it is still slow.However, they surely must by now have a clear idea of everything there is out there - and so what deals they think are preferable and viable.Certainly the fact that they are now spending some cash on seismic suggests that all is not lost re the prospects for their acreage in Namibia (written down though it is).If we start to see the prospect of a material move in oil prices (as the OPEC moves of late last year work down the excess inventories) that might kickstart action before services costs rise again?|
|Dec Quarterly reports out in OZ.
1,Italy delays /appeals - not at all unusual/to be expected there of course .
2.FC Cash down to 7.4m$ at end of this qtr because of big chunk of explo > 1m$ - presumably fc 2D shooting offshore Namibia.
3.Perhaps because they are rapidly running out of road in terms of cash the commentary here seems less negative than usual and suggests they are actually going to DO something for once - perish the thought
However, oil prices increased in the latter part of 2016, and market conditions for E&P financings have shown some improvement recently.
Global remains in a strong cash position in comparison to many of its peers, and is thus well placed to fund work activity on its Namibian acreage, its Italian application interests (subject to award), and to implement a change of focus through acquisition. We have continued over the latter period to engage with counterparties holding what we consider to be attractive assets, and remain confident of making a key investment in due course
TRP is such a rock bottom valuation (~ 3m$) after their knock down placing it must be a consideration but that would require some visibility on TRP's own cash req for 2D in Cameroon of course.
Elsewhere I see Tullow are still after farming out their Namibian interests which might explain their dilatory behaviour with PCL.
Africa Oil still must be a farmin option you'd have thought.|
|....must be tricky for a new NOMAD when no stock is available.|
|Some five years ago I sold all the shares I had that were in profit. I now only hold two and although they are well down on their best they don't owe me anything because I've sliced many times. I hope my kids get something out of them :-)|
Looks to me like TLW want to delay the drill again otherwise really rather odd at this late stage..|
|Hope you're right ohisay. That would give us something to get excited about.
Same argument applies to the Italian offshore but maybe to a lesser extent. If there's a discovery nearby it may give GBP a boost.|
Presumably Africa who know TLW well from Kenya wouldnt be doing this if they didnt believe TLW are close to naming a drill date (they are bound to do it by end March '17 acc to their stated intentions earlier in the year) and with oil seemingly firmly over 50$ the drill now seems more or less a certainty
So its back to plan A for GBP then (the old "piggy back" strategy involving doing more or less SFA for the last 5 years)
[It's Italian offshore isn't worth the proverbial in my book - a cynic might think they've been coached by NOP who turned that into an artform over many years.]|
|The key is actually the oil price. If the Saudis are correct in expecting the oil price to recover during 2017 (as they have said, in the context of their plans to float a piece of Aramco) then industry interest in large deep water opportunities in politically-safe areas may well increase significantly.............and on that basis GBP should at the minimum close the discount to cash over the next 6 months or so.|
|Some of us will need a lot of convincing.|
|GBP had nothing before this A came out, now they have a real chance. If they are lucky with the options awarded in the Adriatic they could generate real interest from some of the big boys. Anyone that bought in at 2.5 shouldn't worry as this share is easily worth that price now.|
|I thought that a possibility 3-5 years ago......but not in the current oil price environment!|
|My worry was a merger with Tower, who are even better than GBP at destroying shareholder value !|
|That's the central point re the investment case. Suppose, for example, that a seismic company shoots 3D in the Adriatic and earns a stake in the blocks....and that 3D shows that the 100 sq km lead has become a drillable prospect in 500m of water (yes...fairly deep). Given the operating difficulty and risks of many other hydrocarbon-prone areas, what level of interest might there be in a large prospect just off the heel of Italy?And, in that event, what might GBP be worth? Looking miles ahead of course and making massive guesses based on very little info etc..... but, still, GBP's acreage in Italy and Namibia is just option money.|
|Finally things are looking a bit more positive here. The fact there are some big players operating in this region should make it easier to farm-out, or sell, this asset. And if there is a big discovery nearby GBP should benefit. However with a £3.7M market cap and net cash of $10M at end of June still absolutely no value being assigned to any of GBP's assets.|
|it is looking likely that today will be the highest volume day in GBP for over three years....|
|so 4p next week|
|...in fact the free float is around 110mn, with 45.3% in the hands of three holders:http://www.globalpetroleum.com.au/investors/major-shareholders|
|....worth noting that 1% of the free float in GBP has traded in the first hour of trading. Free float is under 120mn....and I suspect a big chunk of that has been held quite long-term.|