||EPS - Basic
||Market Cap (m)
Geest Share Discussion Threads
Showing 276 to 300 of 300 messages
|Hyper hey dude, how do u get on ur email list thingy, I was thinking of becoming a Billionaire can you please add [email protected]nsharehse.com
|Well not much traffic on the boards on this one; today I see;
Groupe Eurotunnel (GETS) Industrial Transportation 451.9 -28.6%
but to buy I am quoted 721 - how the hell does a company of this size have a spread of over 30% ?|
|This one is doing well|
|Have decided to take my profit today. Out at 641p.
Now it'll probably surge upwards!
Anyway...... I've made a good four figure profit - so good luck to all current holders.|
|Great trading update. Up18pence ! Lovely ! So much for yesterdays broker downgrade. How do they get away with it?
Reckon the bid is virtually a 'done deal' now.|
|markth: Not in the short to medium term is my view .Reckon SSL is much more likely !|
|wendsworth - still here? take a look at Northumbrian Water. Seems like a prime takeover candidate to me.|
|wendsworth - best of luck with SSL. It rose again today and I hope you got in early. I'm signing off for the New Year now so compliments of the season to you.|
On the basis of research ,following your comment above, I have taken a position on SSL .Looks interesting.Although there have been previous bid rumours - this one appears to have a genuine head of steam - particularly in view of the latest trading figures. If a predator is lurking - now would appear to be a sensible time to pounce.
As to GET - it looks really solid and I am sticking with it right through to formal offer stage.|
|Wendswirth - Following your logic, I have been long on SSL for some time. Nice rise today. Latest talk is that Reckitt Benckiser are interested at £4 a share, not bad considering today's share price ~£3.|
|markth : Coudn't agree more . Both the predator and the prey are well known to each other .
I've spent this year trying to spot undervalued stocks likely to be on someone's bid radar. So far Abbey National and Geest have been successful.For what its worth my other two are Cox Insurance and Xansa.|
|The DD won't turn up anything untoward. This is quite a simple business. If it were otherwise, Bak would have put out a price range or kept schtum on price till DD was done and dusted. Even at 630p it's still a buy, with 5% of upside to come.|
|markth : PS . Citigroup knew WELL what they were about!|
Accepting that the offer is 'subject to due diligence'.... BUT with a surplus on the pension fund , consolidation in the sector,and BAk'S stalking of Geest over a long period....reckon this is "a done deal".
I'm sitting tight - happy to accept 6-55p plus 7p dividend. A good way to start the New Year !|
|If this one dips any more, it's a speculative buy on the merger premium. I saw an RNS where at least one house (Citigroup?) was filling their boots at 620-odd. If I had noticed it at 615 this morning I would have topped up :((|
|Looks promising - virtually 630p now.
We could well see 650p over the next couple of weeks when trading levels tend to be thin.
we'll see !|
|Settling down in the mid to high 620s .
We could well see some further action by the end of the month.|
|markth:Noted ! Anything in the Sundays ?|
|I shall vote 'no' (with my 1250 shares, lol) if they cheapskate it. Geest is worth 700p a share.
On another note WTF are they going to do with all these bananas up in Iceland?|
|markh: Reckon the take-out price will be within the 650 to 700p range.
There is consolidation in the sector and Bak have already squirrelled away a fair slice of the company at a much lower price .
Reckon they'll have to move smartly because this would be a good fit with Iceland .....and possibly Somerfield - if Baugur decides to acquire the latter ?
Bak are well aware of other potential 'players' and will be looking to wrap GET up fairly quickly.
Weekend press could prove to be interesting !|
|The M&A guys along the corridor from me reckon they'll try to cheapskate it, as they will have to issue paper and/or take on debt to do the purchase. I couldn't prize a figure out of them but I got the feeling that 15-20% on the current share price was likely. £7 seems a nice round number. Assuming cash of course.|
|and your view on the takeout price Bak. will now possibly offer?|
|Whoops looks like I was wrong (happy to be though!)|
|IMO no bid. Not at this price anyway. Baugur have to eat Big Food (lol) and Bakkavor were clear that they just wanted to have a stake and werent interested in an acquisition. The bar got lifted on Nov 28th, and they could have bid then but didn't. No reason for them to delay, since their fundraising they have got at least a third of the acquisition price available to them so why delay? Also, if they were going to bid, they would have taken their 20% up to 29.9% before making a bid, as that would have saved them money.
I have been long for a while on this. Bought in when the price crashed after their profits warning. Waiting for 6 and a half quid.|