||EPS - Basic
||Market Cap (m)
Expansys Share Discussion Threads
Showing 2326 to 2350 of 2350 messages
|Just picking up and correcting one more general comment here about action groups etc. I have little knowledge of the background here, apart from reading posts and it is correct to say action groups are often unsuccessful.
However I have personally come across several actions groups set up at very short notice which have been very successful. Amazing what investors etc can do when they want as I have seen at first hand. The key to success is establishing a set of clear objectives, being determined and publicity. Just thought I would mention that for future reference.|
|Personally think you need to look at Med's poisition the other way round - maybe they entered the stock with hopes of leveraging their hand only to find out they didn't have that much power.
A slight gain allows them to exit with their heads held high|
|Directors recommended this because they do not have shareholders interests at heart. Who stands to gain from this mean spirited attempt at carpet bagging?|
|Is embarrassing for the Independent Directors...........recommend at 0.62p.........now suddenly that is not enough and have to recommend 0.65p
thesloth.......how come MedDeb knew......do not think they did.....they bought a blocking stake and then waited to see if PJ would increase offer. They seem to have made peanuts|
|If the figures relating to the Medical Debentures holding banded about on this thread are in any way near accurate, then they would appear to be desperate for every penny (well not even a penny).
Still not impressed with the revised offer.|
|How come Med Deb knew.....
I feel shafted and will be launching my Rubber Brick at the TV
for Dragons Den in the future.
How come the Directors recommended this?|
|117m at 0.65p is only £760,000 worth. They might have made 10%, but I very much doubt it|
|See the volume.......was mainly around 0.56p to 0.62p. The really big trades started around 0.55-0.56p. I do not think they made much|
|117 million shares at 0.03p !!!!!
Hope they paid a bit less for them.|
|So Med Deb turned to PJ and said, go on, give us a decent turn, we have been paying 0.62p, let us make a bit. Abfacadabra 0.65p,everyone happy|
|The fat lady is singing.
PDJ has increased his offer to 0.65p and Med Debentures are selling.|
|Agree with u Larry. Saddest thing about markets these days is lack of commentary in the press. Even FT has less and less analysis. So scandals pass without comment, rip offs go ahead with massive shareholder apathy, institutions say nothing.
A number of instos took stock at 5.6p just three years ago to buy out his overvalued interests. Now he buys back at 0.625p. Why are they not going public ? Why they not shouting from the roof tops.
And so it will quietly go through. Only hope is that Med Deb are out to build pressure, and as soon as they have the holding they want they will shout|
|I'm with Geckoman. At least with MedDeb holding more than 10% (having also bought above the offer price recently) PJ can't enforce the compulsory purchase (90% needed). I suspect PJ doesn't want to delist, he wants to buy out completely and I suspect MedDeb will have a price in mind that they will accept. If PJ plays the game, then that is the price the rest will have to be happy with also, which one would imagine is more than 0.62p. I expect PJ will struggle to get even 75% and raise his offer.....IMO
But really all these goings on are very strange and it's a very sad state of affairs. There ought to be a full investigation into what has really gone on here with this company and Peter Jones over the last few years. Maybe they could make a TV programme about it, scheduling it just after Dragon's Den....|
|If Med Deb continue to accumulate, we've got until Thursday 27th according to Barclays Stockbrokers.|
|Can see no reason for accepting this derisory offer.
At present, it would appear to make more sense to hold on, unless anyone knows better?|
|Well my share club has 103,000 shares.
I wonder if we hold a few million between us here?|
|OK, that's interesting.
Medical Debentures now over 10%
Anyone care to hazard a guess as to what's going to happen?|
|LOL not pointless if he ends up with 74.9% as a result. Then, revised offer forthcoming.
Chance of success = very small. But not pointless. If, like most of those in the action group you had bought in at between 0.63 and 10p, then spending twenty seconds to register your holding might just - just- save you hundreds or thousands of pounds. Put in that way, surely it amkes sense?
Before you sneer, sometimes great change is begun with a small act of defiance.|
|An shareholders action group starting on LSE.|
|swong. Doesn't that depend on whether enough holders accept PJ's offer? If holders collectively holding more than 25% don't accept 0.62p what happens then? Wouldn't PJ have to make a higher offer since he wouldn't be able to enforce a compulsory buy nor would he be able to delist without buying more on the market. If he starts buying from the market the price will go up and every time he buys he is compelled by the takeover and mergers rule to make an offer at his highest buy price.
MedDeb just paid 0.65p on the market for 12 million shares. Why would they buy millions of shares at 0.65p if they knew they had to sell at 0.62p?|
|Isn't it going to be taken over at 0.625?|
|Well I was going to accept the PJ offer because I thought it futile to resist. The MedDeb purchase has at least made me wait a week or so to see what happens next. I am watching out for any more RNS holding declarations. Threadneedle Management had 4.7%. Best scenario is an RNS to say TM are increasing their holding also. That would then indicate that MD and TM are rejecting the 0.62p offer. They already own about 15% between them.
It's just really difficult to know what is going on here....|
Med Deb must be looking for a bit more than 0.65p then?|
|Anyone here noticed that MedDeb seem to be adding from the market above the offer price? Prior to Jones buying the L&G shares MedDeb owned about 4%. Since then but before PJ's official offer MedDeb doubled their holding to about 8%. Since the offer they have added (see RNS) and now have 104m shares. Another 9.5m delayed buy gone through at 0.645p. If that is also MedDeb they now have nearly 10% of the company. Maybe they don't like being ripped off. If they hold on to them the compulsory purchase (90% needed by Jones) at least would be off the table. It will be interesting to see if these large buys continue to go through. If one or two large shareholders like MedDeb capture 25% between them they could prevent the delisting scenario and force PJ to up his offer.|