|Eco Animal Health Group
||EPS - Basic
||Market Cap (m)
|Pharmaceuticals & Biotechnology
Eco Animal Health Share Discussion Threads
Showing 726 to 748 of 750 messages
|Well, you might be fortunate and I wish you the best of luck. I can wait an extra week or two for 'take off' and certainly don't expect to be even 'top slicing' for quite some while as I think there is still a lot of long term potential here.|
|I think we can expect some more regulatory approvals as we head towards May and, you never know, perhaps an update indicating results ahead of expectations. I need to wait until next tax year to add so I hope the price action is later rather than sooner!|
|Actually, looking back at the 1 year chart on the iii site, I realise that the sharp uplift in the share price started earlier than I was saying, namely in late March, ahead of the year-end trading statement. If it's the same this year, and it might well be given the expectations of a major advance in profits and eps, then it's not long to wait!|
|The price action looks like it will be a repeat of last year, I.e. little overall movement until late April/ early May, then a big rise in anticipation of and following excellent annual results. There could be little price drops on the way; if so they should be seen as top up opportunities.|
|It's encouraging, too, to read today that one (or more?) institutions are buying in at this price, clearly in the confident belief that there's more progress to come.|
|Yet more opportunity for revenue growth. Pound still weak against the dollar so we should see continued gains on dollar sales. And there are many more approvals to come. Should all translate in to the share price pushing towards 600 by May.|
|Yes, and another big market. Looking good.|
|Another marketing approval this morning (Mexico) with 'numerous others' to follow!|
|Welcome to the discussion, nfs. Hopefully you will have read back over past posts and have a good appreciation of the strengths of the company. EDIT -
I've just realised that you said earlier that you had!
I don't think you should be concerned about short term price movements, or lack of them. Just be prepared to be reasonably patient. The company is in an increasingly profitable growth phase, paying out increasing dividends, and is, as Au says, in a very secure position as far as competitors are concerned. It may well be sold out to a bidder in due course at a price well above today's.|
|A new investor from a few weeks ago. Disappointing that the share price didn't go up post results but it's been roaring up in the last 18 months, so I have to accept that I need to wait and watch the company performance improve each reporting period and trust the share price will follow|
|Have just seen your post, Au, and would like to thank for it and the reassurance it gives.
I came to the board thinking I might post a comment along the lines that the interims haven't done anything for the share price (yet anyway) and there you were having said just that!
Never mind. The strong upward trend, which has been going for over 18 months, is clearly still intact.|
|Well the interims didn't set the share price on fore; priced in perhaps...
On a different note, I looked in to the situation regarding patent protection, IP and the ability for Eco to defend any future pressure from generics. This was to address a lingering concern I had about the longevity of Aivlosin and therefore how well protected Eco's ability to sell it at a premium would be in future. The good news is it is very well protected on a number of levels such that we can probably be confident that we have at least 15 years before there could be serious generic pressure eroding margins. Aivlosin is also incredibly difficult to synthesise greatly reducing the likelihood of competition from cheap copies. All-in-all this gives me confidence that so long as efficacy is maintained, there will continue to be significant growth in sales and increased revenue for many years to come.|
|Peel Hunt target price now 575p.
Applying the same first half/second half ratios as last year and rembering that the drop in sterling applied only from late June it seems that the full year should see eps close to 16p. Fab' if it happens.|
|I note a small comment about tariff free trade in the announcement. Looking ahead to trump/brexit impact?|
|Yes, fantastic results.|
|Yes, all round but especially eps up 61% and dividend up 32%.|
|I really appreciate the trouble you have taken in your reply, Au. Thank you.
We'll exchange thoughts after the interims are out, no doubt - next week it now seems.|
|Would be strange if we didn't have interims by end of next week at latest. As for my bet, it's a little complicated but I have set a stop loss at 491 which means if the buy price hits that level my bet automatically closes. So using my £20 a point example I would lose 528-491 x 20 = 740 quid. However this amount of loss isn't guaranteed under circumstances where the share price is very volatile either due to general market volatility or major bad news for the company. If there is a dramatic fall in share price in one day, say £1,then my loss would be 100x 20 = £2000. This is why you have to stump up extra cash to secure you're bet. They call this a slippage factor and it's always higher for AIM shares that aren't particularly liquid. The same bet on BP, Lloyds or Rolls Royce would be much cheaper. In terms of profit you have a choice. You can set a level at which your bet automatically closes and you earn a known amount of profit or you can keep the bet open up to the expiry date. In this situation I would never set a level at which I close the bet with a pre-determined profit because I have absolutely no idea how much upside there could be especially if the company is taken over by a big player. If....and it's a big if, they were taken out at £10 per share whilst my bet is live then the profit would be 1000-538x20 = £9240. My realistic expectation is to make about £2000 but I am risking losing a minimum of £740 which is unlikely but possible. I'd be very surprised if there was a dramatic fall in share price and I lost £1800....but it's a possibility. I also own shares which I will keep for at least 10 years and hopefully will collect nice dividends along the way. I just don't have enough free cash right now to give me the exposure I want hence the spread bet.|
|Interims tomorrow perhaps. Or next week at the latest, surely.
Meanwhile, Au, is the £1800 returned to you if the selling price exceeds 600p? it's not a sunk cost that you have to bear, is it? And is the deal closed (a) the moment the nominated price, 600p in your case, is reached or (b) when the nominated expiry date arrives - whichever is the sooner. On can you run the price on and profit further?
You say there is a risk of 'losing all one's money if the price moves against you', but only if it is below the nominated figure at the nominated closing date surely? In your case 600p by some date in June '17. What happens in between time is irrelevant isn't it? If so, I would have thought your risk level is pretty low.
Anyway, fingers crossed for a good send off on your journey towards 600p. You just may reach it sooner than you dream.|
|The wait for the interims continues. Hopefully the £10 per share take-out deal is delaying matters! Good to dream!|
|Thank you very much, Au, for taking the trouble to explain all that.
Betting in that way doesn't appeal to me. I much prefer to invest in a company.
Nevertheless, as I say, I do appreciate having a better understanding of how it works.
I think a target of at least 600p by next June is very reasonable and so you should do