Share Name Share Symbol Market Type Share ISIN Share Description
Concateno LSE:COT London Ordinary Share GB00B06LBN62
  Price Change % Change Share Price Bid Price Offer Price High Price Low Price Open Price Shares Traded Last Trade
  +0.00p +0.00% 117.50p 0.00p 0.00p - - - 0.00 05:00:10
Industry Sector Turnover (m) Profit (m) EPS - Basic PE Ratio Market Cap (m)
Equity Investment Instruments - - - - 132.04

Concateno Share Discussion Threads

Showing 126 to 148 of 150 messages
Chat Pages: 6  5  4  3  2  1
DateSubjectAuthorDiscuss
26/5/2011
03:56
Wasnt any real divergence with the large traders in EURUSD at the recent peak, as there was in Nov 09, Jun 10, Nov 10... although Jan 11 didnt have any either.
tpaulbeaumont
17/9/2009
10:05
Accidental Entrepreneur Keith Tozzi may have stumbled across the idea for drugs and alcohol testing provider Concateno, but there's nothing fortuitous about the chairman's approach to growing a business for a big sale. rest of the article... http://www.growthbusiness.co.uk/channels/raising-finance/flotation/1066922/accidental-entrepreneur.thtml
investinggarden
18/8/2009
09:05
I havent seen this chart before, so I want to share it here == == == I have been doing some work on how much money they had committed to Gold Longs in the past. The result is surprisingly range bound, as you can see in the following chart: If gold is going to push through $1,000, then the Large Speculators will have to be willing to invest more than $25 Billion in their Gold Longs. Assuming just 10% gearing, supporting $25 Billion only needs $2.5 Billion margin. Surely the Big Funds can find more margin money, if/when they become really frightened about a falling dollar. source: GEI's Gold Watch thread: http://www.greenenergyinvestors.com/index.php?showtopic=7266
energyi
20/7/2009
01:12
GOLD - COT's (Spec.Longs) One indicator that I have found useful, is the $value of Gold holdings per Large Spec (holding Long.) In the past Gold prices have peaked when this indicator has nudged above $15 million, towards $16 million+. Last week's figure was $14.7 million, which is near the "peaking" level. But I do not think we are at the top yet. Why? More hedge funds may enter the market Long. Last week's number was 81. This compares with a peak figure in late September of 101, and last May/June of 97. The current situation, with a falling dollar, is likely to attract new funds to the gold market. Longs could exceed 100 funds again if the dollar bear market continues, I believe. But some caution is warranted if you are Long gold or gold shares. Date... LONG - # NET LONG.pm Fix..S's Value.. per Spec ------------------------------------------------------ 12/30? 12/23..86,100-97..28,995..$343.95: $1964 mn.-$20.25 mn 12/17..86,949-96..31,749..$339.00: $1871 mn.-$19.49 mn 12/10..73,216-97..21,857..$323.10: $1659 mn..$17.10 mn 12/03..48,545-81..15,584..$319.70: $1054 mn..$13.01 mn 11/26..52,488-83?.14,934..$317.50: $1192 mn..$14.36 mn 11/19..56,665-85..18,809..$319.70: $1150 mn..$13.53 mn 11/12..57,600-81..36,907..$321.75: $1187 mn..$14.65 mn 11/05..38,982-67..19,985..$318.50: $ 637 mn..$ 9.51 mn 10/29..33,696-63..15,331..$317.17: $ 486 mn..$ 7.71 mn 10/22..34,838-64.. 9,462..$312.55: $ 296 mn..$ 4.63 mn 10/15..40,830-71..15,914..$316.20: $ 503 mn..$ 7.08 mn 10/08..61,992-88..37,672..$319.00: $1202 mn..$13.65 mn 10/01..67,739-89..42,702..$321.75: $1374 mn..$15.43 mn 09/24..68,074-101.42,181..$326.30: $1376 mn..$13.62 mn 09/17..46,110-95?.25,186..$315.90: $ 796 mn..$ 8.38 mn 09/10..45,693-93..19,821..$319.10: $ 632 mn..$ 6.80 mn 09/03..29,706-74.. 6,115..$313.50: $ 192 mn..$ 2.59 mn 08/27..27,532-73.. 2,382..$310.50: $ +74 mn..$ 1.01 mn 08/20..28,280-69.. 4,708..$308.00: $ 145 mn..$ 2.10 mn 08/13..25,632-63....-476..$313.80: $ -15 mn..$-0.75 mn
energyi
07/6/2009
16:20
Had an eye on COT but hesitated too long. Mediwatch - when bigger - may be the next IMA target. www.mediwatch.com They are rumoured to have approached Jan 08 and then walked due to price and the then financials at IMA. Price went to 14p. Now back towards 7p and since MDW have shown decent growth and a new test strip idea for multiple POCT in one sitting - Zeroflow. If they approach again I think it will have to be somewaht higher than double the price now - more like 3x - but MDW have a good chacne to get their on their own in any case. I feel for the COT holders that have stuck with this - you've been sold down the river by the looks of it. Probably a good deal for the directors. If you get lucky IMA stock will perform over the next 5 years but I wouldn't like the currency risk. The $ is best avoided compared to sterling imho. Taking a small position in MDW with any trading profits from COT might be worth consideration. Good luck.
timtom2
05/6/2009
14:16
Yes - it was a quick profit of 12% or so in a week for me. However, the longer term shareholders have been sold short IMO.
apatel21
05/6/2009
12:13
Price not so good as I'd hoped but still a good profit for me. Mustn't be greedy!
mercury123
05/6/2009
11:44
Frankly - im disgusted with the price and am out
apatel21
05/6/2009
11:25
Recommended offer is out, cash plus US shares.......
eburne1960
05/6/2009
09:13
Does anyone know what they paid for Cozart plc ?
apatel21
05/6/2009
09:13
Well given most will be off on their holidays my mid-July. The max possible wait is 6 weeks IMHO. 6 weeks isn't that long given some have waited about 40 weeks since 1st takeover talks announcement. Nevertheless i share your frustration ; (
apatel21
04/6/2009
16:53
Don't like the look of such big sells but it hasn't decimated the share price so maybe we're OK. Wish they'd get on with their announcement.
mercury123
04/6/2009
15:10
Another large trade today - also GAM Int'l Mgmnt appear to be shorting these. This could just be a hedge though for stock they hold - who knows?
apatel21
03/6/2009
21:30
Sadly I'm not in that league! I limited myself to 5000 rather than one of the big numbers - must draw a line somewhere...
mercury123
03/6/2009
16:11
some big trades going through today. and you call that just a few more ; )
apatel21
03/6/2009
10:54
It's moving up - bought a few more today!
mercury123
02/6/2009
18:12
The other positive from the AGM statement is that the business is still going strong. This is not a distressed sale and hopefully therefore we should get appropriately compensated.
apatel21
02/6/2009
16:44
Nice to see someone else following these - thought I was all alone! I've been tempted to sell at 1.08 but resisted - as you say the take out price is likely to be 1.25 or above so am waiting
mercury123
02/6/2009
15:34
I have bought in today - these have to be some of the longest takeover talks ever. I took encouragement from their AGM statement where they said "The process is as at an advanced stage and we expect to be able to announce a conclusion in the short term." Looks positive to me so it just depends on price. From what i can gather the price pre-talks was 125p and so we should expect at least that. We should really get a premium so up to 150p is possible. I was in a similar position with Macro 4 and that bid came in at 135p in the end. Would be good if we got the same outcome here.
apatel21
27/5/2009
17:54
Massive selling at the end of today - tho I suppose someone was the buyer at 1.04 so perhaps not so bad
mercury123
20/5/2009
11:37
125 looking more likely at the moment - steady as she goes - we can wait!
mercury123
16/5/2009
10:46
could be 125 or 90p in three weeks depending on the results of the offer talks...?
mw8156
15/5/2009
16:37
I know - I think all the excitement has gone to the oil threads but this may be the one at the top of the board next week. Nice to know I'm not alone!
mercury123
Chat Pages: 6  5  4  3  2  1
Your Recent History
LSE
GKP
Gulf Keyst..
LSE
QPP
Quindell
FTSE
UKX
FTSE 100
LSE
IOF
Iofina
FX
GBPUSD
UK Sterlin..
Stocks you've viewed will appear in this box, letting you easily return to quotes you've seen previously.

Register now to create your own custom streaming stock watchlist.

By accessing the services available at ADVFN you are agreeing to be bound by ADVFN's Terms & Conditions

P:31 V: D:20161211 00:16:54