||EPS - Basic
||Market Cap (m)
|Software & Computer Services
China Eastsea Share Discussion Threads
Showing 651 to 674 of 675 messages
|I've had my 10p/share for which I paid 30p|
|According to the thread header.
'16 Jun 08 Seymour Pierce Recommendation: Buy Target Price: 60p
30 Jun 08 Evolution Recommendation: Buy Target Price: 56p'
Unless there has been sone type of share split I've missed, or something else perhaps, this looks to me like yet another Chinese stock for the AIM sick bag. Sorry for holders.|
|Is anyone staying the course?|
|This is a done deal so why are people selling. I got 40,000 at 9.1p on the day they announced the 10p tender.|
|mm's only offering 8.75p at the moment which seems a bit greedy given the 10p offer.|
|Why are there buys at 10p ? Can't see that they would be sells as the MM's wouldn't let you sell to them at say more than 9.5p so they get a cut.|
|I doubt there is enough liquity to make it worth while.
Does anyone know if foreign investors can hold shares on the shenzhen exchange? And how you get the money out of the country when you sell them?
I always assumed that was why the company couldn't have a dual listing because the RMB is not an open currency. Dual listings would have to be in Hong Kong and this company wasn't big enough.
I sold these at 8.5p after the last bad results. They seemed to be stuggling because they were not a big player, based in a non-IT area and reliant on domestic state-regulated businesses for income. It looked like in order to generated new work they had to reduce margins and thus profitability. They are ambitious and have the technical skills so I expect that they will relist to raise more funds.|
|WHat is more stupid is the muppets selling yesterday at 8p.|
|I have phoned my broker (TD waterhouse) and they said as soon as it got approved they will send me a letter. So I don't think the cost would be very high. Maybe the volume is too small to atract institutional investors. And for private investors maybe either not bothered or just stupid.|
I have seen this quite a lot with other stocks, but have never taken the risk.
Hows it work, if I buy the shares now ( and get a certificate), do I just sell them directly to the company without any costs for 10p each?|
|Why the offer price is still 8.5? Isn't it virtually riskless to buy at 9.5 and sell 10 in one month's time? That's 5% gain in one month and 60% yearly..|
|Congrats to holders - I sold my small punt some time ago at around 7p, but thought CESG might be a good recovery bet at some point. That looks like it's the case, but AIM investors won't get to see the full benefit.
Janeann, I'm pretty sure any tender offer would be relayed to you by a decent broker (they normally are by mine), but it might be worth phoning them to flag it up and get them moving on it.
Any departing CESG investors might consider GNG as an alternative Chinese software domestic market-leading stock - double CESG's m/cap, on a likely historic P/E of 6 or less and with around £5m of net cash against a £14m m/cap. Ramp over :o))|
|janeann, this happened to myself some years ago and i was not connacted. Asked your broker what the position is, cesg have appointed a broker to set the price to be paid that is the key factor. IMHO the share price should be higher than the closing price yesterday.|
|Is anyone able to shed light on what is meant by certain shareholders.....
The Company announces that it is proposing to delisting from AIM and offering a tender offer to certain Shareholders....
can small shaerholders who hold in a nominee accoumnt expect to be cosndiewred as 'certain shareholders'.
|pec - I think that Geong is quite different as the directors have a much smaller proportion of the shares and the company is worth a lot more anyway. They might need to raise £10m or more from Chinese banks to pay us out. But I don't think they could have easily raised £2m recently , otherwise why do a placing in london ?|
|Lets hope the Geong directors don't have the same idea before value is realized.|
|Thanks longsight. Overall loss but pleased to get out at this price now. The message is clear that AIM undervalues all Chinese companies.So they'll either find the funds to buy us out, or dual-list elsewhere to get nearer true value.|
|I mentioned this on the GNG a while back but what has happened here bears a resemblance to what happened at OCZ except there they are relisting on the Nasdaq at many multiples of the closing price on AIM.
I'd be tempted to sell half at 10p and keep the other half for a relisting on another exchange.|
|Arthurly - hope you make something on your holding.
Real shame, imo. Very hi quality business & I had followed them with a view to buying in at some point. Despite the cash flow difficulties they were far too cheaply priced by AIM.|
|pec - you can't be forced to sell them. But what if they didn't list somewhere else ? Your shares may be worth only what the owners would give you for them.
PS - Yes, idiotic to sell at 8p unless you have a sure fire investment to make 25% in a month !|
2 good questions.|
|Can you be forced to sell at 10p a share. I'd take 15p for mine and I hold quite a few.
Why on earth would people sell this morning at 8p??|
|So could they be taking this off AIM very cheaply only to list it elsewhere and make a killing?|
|James Heywood -Dunne
Now, that's a name I've across before. I wonder where though?|