||ORD USD0.10 (DI)
||EPS - Basic
||Market Cap (m)
AZ Electro. Share Discussion Threads
Showing 1101 to 1125 of 1125 messages
|Done and dusted!
|67.53% acceptance to date , will lower threshold to 75% , when cleared .|
|Closing date extended to 2 nd May or earlier if Chinese monopolies clear.|
|Latest closing date is 18th April, clearance from Chinese competition regulators expected to be received by 18 th April .|
|Hi, The acceptance seems to be stuck around 64%.... does this just go on and on until the correct level is reached? (is this 75%?)
|64.03% acceptances by 6th March , offer price is 403.5pIC say accept, shareholder Threadneedle reckons the bid undervalues AZ.|
|Any news on the vote for acceptance of the offer?|
|Now here's a laugh. Barclays are listing my AZEM shares as ZEMA shares at £17.97 each. My percentage profit is given as 6519%. What is more, they seen prepared to sell them at the price quoted. I'm tempted to try but I'm not sure that I quite have the guts for it.|
|I agree Robert. I bought ADN yesterday for 389.7 and they are up 2.4% today. I hope they stay that way. They seem cheap at the moment.|
|Maybe enough SHs have made such profits at current share price they are just taking 392p now rather than wait for the 403.5?
What is it about 2.2% less, bird in the hand and all that. Especially if you can see a good investment potintial today|
|Jarvis sent me the form to fill in, telling me to get the acceptance back before the 15th. Apparently telephone confirmation is not possible, I don't know why. It would be nice if their website had some kind of facility for accepting offers.
Incidentally, I would dearly love to know why, over the past two days, the share price seems to have developed an absolutely hard and fast upper bound at 393p -- it's a real glass ceiling. Maybe stock is becoming unavailable, but it smacks of MM manipulation -- I would have expected a *lower* bound, if anything, from the dynamics of a takeover.
I am worried that MMs know something we don't about the acceptance percentage. Has anybody had any experience of buying put options at times like this? Where can you do it? How much would it cost? Would it be cheaper than just selling in the market?|
|I suppose it's still possible they won't get the 75% acceptance, which is their minimum to go forward with the takeover. If that happens, the share price will fall back to where it was before the offer: around 260p, or even lower.|
|Is the closeing day for acceptane of Merck offer 22nd Jan?
Still seems pos to buy now at 391p(on a dip) and make a good profit on the offer price of 403.5p|
|Still priced at a discount to offer price of 403.5p??
I have buy at 393.2p
It can't be a done deal?|
|Is it only big 250/FT100 companies where if there is a bid, the share price goes over the offer price in the hope there's another counter bid flushed out?
There is no stamp duty on AZEM so it is very cheap to buy and just wait for the 403,5p|
|Salty: feeling good! Anite up 6% today.|
|There is nothing unusual in the share price movement, at the moment. If there were a problem, there would be a much bigger drop. I am sure that there are people trying to talk the share price down so that they can buy in.|
|Shareprice talks, is this saying something wrong?|
|Could there be competition rules that cause probs|
|What would happen if bid was withdrawh, would it mean that Merck has looked at the books and not liked what it's seen
Or do they do all that before they bid?|
|It looks more like market manipulation to me. If people are prepared to sell their shares for 393p, so be it. If there was a problem, the auction at the end of the day would be much lower.|
|The discount to the bid level is getting interesting - 2% gain for holding for a few weeks is more than it shoyld be so evidently the market is seeing a potential problem!|
|Why is it down to 395p, is this the chance 94% don't vote for Merck or is this the cost of buying shares (to get a profit if they are bought for 404p)|
|Nom - I'm in anite too. Only a matter of time in my view.
|Well done to all those who stuck with AZEM. They were a sizable chunk of my portfolio at one point but I gradually sold out at the end of last year on the way up to 350p (so way before it peaked) because I felt it was getting closer to fair value (which I opined to be 350p at the time).
Looked at them again when they crashed but I wanted the dust to settle before buying (and to see if there was another warning on the way), but the share price was quickly back over £3 when it had settled, which put me off buying (as they seemed even more fair value then given the profit warning). Been watching closely for the past few weeks though and was waiting for the chart to bottom out, which is seems to have done with yesterdays higher low, and so I was all set next week to start accumulating some AZEM again. Doh!
Oh well, best laid plans and all that.
Congrats again to holders (£4 is a great premium to the current price, especially as the share price would likely take at least a good year to reach that of its own accord, and that's with lots of good news flow, which was certainly not guaranteed)|