Share Name Share Symbol Market Type Share ISIN Share Description
Arla Foods Uk LSE:ARU London Ordinary Share GB0002577657 ORD 2P
  Price Change % Change Share Price Bid Price Offer Price High Price Low Price Open Price Shares Traded Last Trade
  +0.00p +0.00% 70.75p 0.00p 0.00p - - - 0.00 05:00:10
Industry Sector Turnover (m) Profit (m) EPS - Basic PE Ratio Market Cap (m)
Household Goods & Home Construction - - - - 433.08

Arla Foods Uk Share Discussion Threads

Showing 526 to 550 of 550 messages
Chat Pages: 22  21  20  19  18  17  16  15  14  13  12  11  Older
DateSubjectAuthorDiscuss
19/9/2008
22:43
http://nz.youtube.com/watch?v=TDKRLfeo6N8
frizzers
17/4/2007
19:41
Thanks damofarl. Much appreciated. QP
quepassa
10/4/2007
15:36
quepassa; excellent posts on AFN thread...D.
damofarl
21/2/2007
07:32
Thanks Gerry. Yes, my trading view on SBRY is for a bid coming through and you are right, that is what is justifying the current share price I'll look into ITM over next few days- timing on AIM stocks is so crucial. QP
quepassa
20/2/2007
15:54
QUE Had a quick look at SBRY vis a vis TSCO the market leader.....I have no feel for the bid prospects so won`t comment on that NAVps PROFIT ps Sp growth 5yrs SBRY 2.4 times 6p up 40% TSCO 4.5 times 28p up 80% This suggests to me that SBRY has done rather well over the past 5yrs in getting its share price up to around 500p when you consider that TSCO has only achieved double the improvement despite sweating their assets nearly twice as much....... So I reckon SBRY can only get significantly higher on the back of a takeover bid which if it drops off the radar is likely to mean a sizeable fall in the sp Its therefore too late for me to buy in........but I hope you do get a bid and make some money.......will revert on other shares when I get time to have a look
gerry321
20/2/2007
12:13
Que Will have a look at your shares and revert on this BB..... Meanwhile My big expectation for this year is for ITM ( 150p) to return to 200p range(+33% from today and + 50% from two weeks ago )......by July 07.......there are reasons for this date......to long to explain..... ITM is an AIM Co with £30m cash and annual cash burn of around £3m to £4m so not likely to need refinancing for several years........42% in hands of founders and 15% owned by funds who bought in at 320p ITM Pis need lots of nerve as the stock was shorted 3 times to around 100p after peaking at 367p........this despite a first class record in technical progress and no adverse news.......corner may have been turned this time.....there are reasons if you are interested you need to read up BB from May 06
gerry321
20/2/2007
07:05
Thanks Gerry, Sounds like you have done well on HRN and N BROWN. I'm happy for you. I still like and follow co's with a large stake-holder and take-out possibilities:- AVE - D'Ieteren EZJ - Stelios and formerly Baugur SBRY - Brandes but now also KKR/Blackstone , the Qataris, and rumours about Stuart Rose/M&S. Too much smoke. SBRY won't remain independent for much longer imo. - Hopefully there will be more room for competition on a bid for this one than ARU! Still see another 15-20% upside. Relatively safe Royal Sun Alliance - excellent share price recovery over last year ITM - Thanks I'll certainly check into it. Is it main market? Should be SIPP-able? Let's remain in contact.I respect and value your views and opinions. R U actively posting on any other bb's? QP
quepassa
19/2/2007
16:10
Hi Que hope you are also well Re Arla I agree no counterbid likely now ..... Re AVE I got out at 62p with 20% and thought I did well after 15m rollercoaster......got that one wrong fundamentals dont support current 90p.........so perhaps the potential of private equity bid for Avis Inc is still there.... clue would be current share price for Avis Inc which was around $18.25 whne ave was 70p.......did they go up in tandem?? I am very heavily into ITM having bought all the way down from 238 to 114p....now break even on very large holding...My research suggest they have a product that if sold at the right (low) price could be the msdos of the fuel cell/electrolyser industry......ie making the competition give up Our share Club got burned on EZJ and sold SBRY at no cost after lengthy period ........clearly we should have hung on to both...... I`m also modestly into BLVN (well down but hopeful of at least 300p this year) + Cardpoint (down a tad) + HRN ( up over 50% and expect 320p by mid April and 500p within 2/3 yrs) + Brown N (up 320%) Good luck ps If ITM could be put in isas they would get all my spare cash. ....DYOR of course
gerry321
19/2/2007
09:04
For Gerry, Hope you are well. No hint of a counter-bid yet. Personally don't see it happenning now. Any views please about a counterbid? AVE dramatic recently. Bought into EZJ, after Baugur bought at 120p some two years ago and still holding. Looks highly likely now for FTSE 100 inclusion. Chasing the SBRY situation. Has the makings of an interesting multi-party hostile contentious bid situation. Anything particularly catching your eye at the mo'?
quepassa
16/2/2007
17:07
Sceme circular posted yesterday - available on arlafoodsuk.com website Monday.D.
damofarl
02/2/2007
08:39
Six months ago you could buy this stock below 50p - and some of us did. Three months ago I posted my calculations of why the exit price would be in the 70-72p bracket. The offer has provided a very handsome 6 month trade, far better than the market in general, and the price seems fair enough. Iam still waiting for any concrete numbers which would suggest that a much higher price should have been forthcoming, and I have to ask what price level you disappointed holders got in at, and what your expectations were and are based on.
tiredoldbroker
24/1/2007
17:26
Thoiught we might have got an RNS today....... given yesterdays heavy volume
gerry321
23/1/2007
16:04
Afternoon; i think the stock is being mopped up below offer price by retained brokers, Numis etc..the feeling from employees is that the price is mean, but otherwise they don't see their employment affected, so they're relaxed. I don't sense that they will vote against, considering that releative to annual earnings, it will be a nice bonus' for them, especially (as i read it) they will receive (payment for ) bonus shares in april as oppossed to waiting 3/5 years. I can't see any corporate action here. its a done deal. the only decision is to wait 2 months or sell into the market....D.
damofarl
23/1/2007
14:21
Well thats 68m traded so far today......another 12m or so and we have over 25% of the free market changing hands..Hopefully someone (not amba) is buying and building a holding that could be used to block a bid
gerry321
23/1/2007
14:14
Que Look forward to hearing the response from the Sunday Times......
gerry321
23/1/2007
13:23
Yes deniscaff, Peder Tuborgh clearly feels that The CEO and FD of Arla Foods UK have done a good job. But for whom?
quepassa
23/1/2007
12:34
For Gerry, Done.
quepassa
23/1/2007
12:01
Why is there such high volume today........?
gerry321
23/1/2007
11:47
I hear the company have a Q and A out to senior and middle managment telling them that the the CEO and the FD of Arla UK will be kept on in their present positions post the buy out, or should I say sell out !!!
deniscaff
23/1/2007
11:41
For Gerry, All very good points. It is one thing being shafted with a low-ball price but pulling an announced divi just is not playing cricket. - I shall undertake to send an e-mail about this to-day to the journalist at The Sunday Times.
quepassa
23/1/2007
08:04
Is there a precedent anywhere for pulling a divi........is it legal to mislead people who bought on the premise of an announced divi......? And didnt Amba say they would oppose the divi if the deal fell through? Now that has been reneged on........
gerry321
23/1/2007
07:17
For Gerry, It was announced and went ex-div on basis of AGM approval. Now they do not want to put it forward at the AGM. Aren't those misleading statements to shareholders that were originally issued ?
quepassa
23/1/2007
07:02
For Gerry, Also, perhaps we can contact The Sunday Times journalist who has been closely following the developments on this merger to see if he could do any research and digging about Arla UK pulling an announced dividend.
quepassa
22/1/2007
22:43
Que I propose we canvas views from this BB as to how many PIS are prepared to vote against this deal
gerry321
22/1/2007
18:49
For Gerry, We'll see in the next few days. Let's hope so. The 71p is too low. Never seen a Board renege on a divi before. The original announcement about the divi was to the effect that Amba reserved their position on voting in favour of a divi unless the Board put forward a recommended offer. The intent was there that if a recommended offer came through, that the divi would be approved. Not a fair deal. In retrospect, with the MD and dpty MD of Amba already on the Arla UK Board, the Board were unable/unwilling to put up a real fight. I have the impression that they have had terms dictated to them without any real fight to maximise share-holder value. Having declared a divi and then pulling it, is appalling corporate treatment towards non-Amba shareholders.
quepassa
Chat Pages: 22  21  20  19  18  17  16  15  14  13  12  11  Older
Your Recent History
LSE
GKP
Gulf Keyst..
LSE
QPP
Quindell
FTSE
UKX
FTSE 100
LSE
IOF
Iofina
FX
GBPUSD
UK Sterlin..
Stocks you've viewed will appear in this box, letting you easily return to quotes you've seen previously.

Register now to create your own custom streaming stock watchlist.

By accessing the services available at ADVFN you are agreeing to be bound by ADVFN's Terms & Conditions

P:34 V: D:20161210 01:12:51