||EPS - Basic
||Market Cap (m)
Amey Share Discussion Threads
Showing 1226 to 1249 of 1250 messages
|do you mean to imply that we get a vote on this ? i haven't heard anything.|
|I agree with Bionicman, let's keep holding, it is bound to give more than 32p in not too distant future.|
|Grin and bear it , I say. Lets hold, the future must be up as the ftse recovers.|
|I suspect time is running out for many disappointed AMY investors. There is not long left for competition to come forward and make a counter-bid. The question is should we hand over shares now to Ferrovial Servicios for 32p, and grin and bear it?|
|Laing to secure Amey PFI rights with bid approach!|
|I guess they were waiting until the bottom, but then they jumped up.|
|If this is true, why did they not move several weeks ago with Amy @ 20p..?|
|See Jarvis move in now, the threat from abroad has surfaced. Still rate this a buy and good for at least 50p.|
|Got to be worth holding on for an improved bid. The report mentioned a number of parties having expressed an interest. Unlike a bid from a uk counterpart this deal probably secures the jobs of the board members.|
|Nice post. The phrase 'opportunity to buy Amey so cheaply'. Should send it to the board, useless gits. At least it backs up my theory so to speak.|
|miamisteve, if it goes through, 32% will accept sterling/meditor, people
selling now minus 68%|
|Hasta la Vista Amey.|
|why are people still buying is there any remote possibility of some one else making a higher offer and if so who could it be.. any ideas|
|campbed, read posts again!|
|I would have to say that the bid does seem rather mean but that is the name of the game today, he who dares gets away with it!
I followed this share and WS Atkins last year when they were both in difficulty with a view to taking a stake in one of them.
In the end I plumped with WS Atkins as I felt that they were the stronger of the two.
I bought Atkins at 105 in December and then sat and waited..... then last month came the opportunistic bid at around the 150 pence level.
The management threw it out and today the shares are trading at 192!
I find it hard to believe that the management of Amey are prepared to literally give the company away at its most vulnerable point when it appears that it now does have a relatively secure future.
If I had bought Amey I would still have made a profit of around 30% which would still have been an excellent result for such a short period but I am really pleased that Atkins told their opportunistic bidder to sod off as I am now up 90% (my best investment over 3 months ever!)|
|rebel: Your posts #557 and 561 suggest you know little about takeover bids in general and the Code governing them in particular. To help you, Ferrovia's bid will only be effective if it secures acceptances of &/or otherwise controls 90% or more (allowing it to buy compulsorily remaining shares). Hence won't proceed with only current level of acceptances.
If you are a holder, Matto has it right IMO at post #565 -- sit tight to await developments.|
|I'm holding - seems a no brainer to me. This deal looks virtually guaranteed to go through unless someone comes along with a higher offer. Price may dip around the 10 day mark if nothing else comes along, but I'm happy to wait and take the 32p off Ferrovia.|
|Based on the info at hand is it worth holding out for a higher bid or best to sell now
lookes like everyone is now bailing out|
|VOLUME 8 april 91000,9april 575000,10april 764000, 11april 457000,average volume in the past couple of months 500k to 1million.MONDAY 14 APRIL 13.6MILLION, 15 APRIL 5.6MILLION,and 16 april ,you will not believe a bid arrives.|
|If 32% vote yes, and 68% vote no, then I don't think it goes through.|
|Having reread the RNS I see that I hold more shares than the entire board, no wonder they didn,t bother holding out for more.
Have to say that the bidders should win an award on how to complete a takeover, AMY didn,t have a chance.|
|So what you are saying is that the bid has already in the bag because sterling has already accepted it, so it will be impossible for any other bid to come, is it a case of take it or take it?|