||ORD 10 5/11P
||EPS - Basic
||Market Cap (m)
Alent Share Discussion Threads
Showing 476 to 497 of 500 messages
|Looks like my old client list!!
I did average at about 460, but have some higher so look ok not clever!
I think this could close before year end so with a rate of return near 5% I may add some more.|
|According to my data these are the current arbs here:
CFD Farallon cap. 2,9600%
CFD TIG Adv. 2,7600%
CFD Davidson K 2,7000%
CFD Alpine 2,6600%
CFD Elliot Cap 2,0569%
CFD+Sh. GAMCO 1,3900%
CFD Pine River 1,3100%
SWAP AQR CapM 1,3082%
CFD PSQuared 1,1000%
They have few doubts about the success of the take-over.
Well done. I am overweight but should still have topped up more. Easy money.
|Red thnx for flagging these on the SHA thread I did take som at 462|
|All systems go. pity I didn't add a few more at £4.60, but we are where we are.|
|Receipt of U.S. Antitrust Clearance
Alent notes the announcement from Platform Specialty Products Corporation that its recommended offer for the entire issued and to be issued share capital of Alent plc ("Alent") by MacDermid Performance Acquisitions Ltd ("Bidco"), a wholly owned indirect subsidiary of Platform, has received U.S. antitrust clearance. On 27 August 2015, Platform and Alent received notice of the early termination of the waiting period under the U.S. Hart-Scott-Rodino Antitrust Improvements Act of 1976.|
|I have bought some as the rate of return looks ok, been adding the last few days as the algos bash the order book, great that it in the 250 you get to pick off the ETF flows!!
At 462 its an 8.87% return pre costs with the slight optionality of the part paper, which will get arbed out by the pros so we will just see the price rise if there is any value in it as the deal nears its end.|
|I may well add at some point. You can never say never, but in my personal opinion the deal will go through. Four months of 2015 to complete and counting.|
|I was considering a top up for an easy 10% gain when the deal goes through, there is of course 'some' risk that the deal will fall apart. I'm happy to let this drift down further until more news comes.|
|"I guess the extent of the takeover timeframe is perhaps an issue for some investors, waiting quite a while for the extra 3% plus any divi."
Interim dividend has been cancelled and if I read it correctly a one off final dividend will be paid instead, so as you say timescales is quite long probably at least 6 months to completion.|
Yes, some consider that it is dead money.
I would expect them to push completion through very quickly after they get regulatory approval.
I also have a sizeable holding and will wait. I don't expect the deal to collapse.
|I guess the extent of the takeover timeframe is perhaps an issue for some investors, waiting quite a while for the extra 3% plus any divi. Taking the money now and reinvesting it might provide a better return. I've quite a sizeable holding so it's worth the wait provided it happens, which i figure, like you, is more likely than not.
It is an agreed bid. 8 shareholders have 59% of the shares. They will vote yes. It is a good offer.
We might have to wait 4 - 6 months to get over Chinese competition regulatory hurdles, but you will then get the money, on completion.
Alternatively sell now at a 3% discount.
Not sure how to read this, not often one of my shares gets acquired. With the share price dropping a little perhaps the market seems to think it might not come to fruition. On the other hand the volatility and daily range on this share is pretty high so perhaps it's to be expected.
I'm continue to hold for now. Unless something untoward is revealed then i would expect the institutions would see the mark up in the share price as a good opportunity and accept the offer.
A market crash and all bets are off i guess.
|Congrats here folks, lovely result.|
He could have said something like:
The company is subject to an agreed bid of 503p per share.
The level of the bid fully values the business at that level.
Our guidance is .....
i guess if you interpret it with a little leniency it makes some sense, no point in adding so just hold for the recommended offer price but issuing a broker notes itself seems pointless, either you think think the bid is reasonable so accept the offer or you don't so reject the offer. In a round about way perhaps that's what he's trying to say. Just seems daft to me.
Agreed. Is Numis for real?
|The sector is struggling a bit so possibility of more takeovers maybe. SYNT looks interesting but the pension liabilities are a bit scary.
Similar concerns in the NMX2710 sector aerospace and defence. Big mistake selling CHRT early
|Red thanks for the reply mate. I like elm not too sure about mgam I would rather buy more vsvs at current prices.Good luck whatever you decide to do with the funds from alnt.|