||EPS - Basic
||Market Cap (m)
|Equity Investment Instruments
Acencia Share Discussion Threads
Showing 651 to 672 of 675 messages
|19 May '16 - 18:08 - 651 of 655
Wish I could control the currency, but I will take that chance.
You can control the currency if you buy on loan like I do (very cheap through Interactive Brokers) or hedge of course. The loan cost is dwarfed by the dividend payments.|
ACD have been buying their own shares, and more aggressively in the last few days. I've picked up a decent chunk as well. Only 15 months left...again!|
|Thnx to Praipus from his WAM thread:
Weiss increasing ACD having looked like they had got out in Feb 2015. Now holding 5.02%:
|140/134...is that really the spread|
|Good to see that that resolution 9 (disapplication of pre-emption rights) failed.|
|Just starting to have a nibble again. A 15% discount and every chance that it will wind up in 19 months time.
Wish I could control the currency, but I will take that chance.|
|Thank you skyship. This must be of interest again given the timescale to another continuation/liquidation decision. Glad I tendered my holding last yr and didn't reinvest....
I did once investigate some of the underlying holdings - a number depend on litigation payouts, so not exactly quiet holdings. That said, there is the commitment to control the nav discount which must kick in at some stage once the sharp recent falls have abated - maybe they are in process of doing that.|
|HEADER updated... (sorry, should have done that ages ago!)|
|Is the discount measured in Dollars or Sterling?|
|Is anyone following this, what ever happened to this or was it all bull:
Discount control mechanism and future Share buy-backs
The Board is committed to ensuring that the market price of the Shares is as close as possible to the NAV
per Share at all times, and in particular to ensure that the Shares do not trade at a significant discount to
NAV. In this regard they will implement a new discount control policy if the Continuation Resolutions
are passed, effective from 1 January 2015, as follows:
• to adopt a maximum discount target of 5 per cent.;
• to undertake share buy-backs to support this target and to put forward a resolution to renew the
annual 14.99 per cent. buy-back authority at each annual general meeting;|
my retirement fund
|I think its just going to get cheaper as the dollar falls and value evaporates|
my retirement fund
|I'm so old now, WCB, that the currency-change has got me confused enough to decide I can't be bothered with it (dollars here, pounds there etc.). And. as has been pointed out, the original reason for buying has been missed, and passed)|
|Why sell now? Attractive discount to NAV, company buying back shares etc.|
|Sold mine now, and switched into LXB. (See SL thread - many thanks Tilts and Sky)|
|asmodeus join the club :-(|
|Silly me. Not paying attention.|
|Asmo - post the redemption in the Spring most of us no longer hold. Sure, they have a continuation policy in place, but not quite the same as the previous certainty which made it such a great investment for over 2 years.
I will hopefully update the Header today, if not then over the weekend...|
|What's happened here? Why has all posting dried up? I must have missed something, apart from the currency change.|
|..The denomination of the issued share capital of the Company has been changed from Sterling to US Dollars, ... change will take effect from open of markets (London time) on Wednesday 1 July 2015.
Now quoted in US$|
|TRANSACTION IN OWN SHARES
Acencia Debt Strategies Limited announces that on the 24th June 2015 it acquired 100,000 ordinary shares of nil par value ("Shares") for cancellation at an average price of 104.5p per share, representing an 8.82% discount to the net asset value per share as at 31st May 2015.|
|MRF - Longer term, the best result will be to create the maximum excess of capital value over net cost. I think that buying in their own stock at a discount is mathematically the most effective way of acieving this objective.
I am a little more curious about marrying the stock buy-in with reported trades.
Take yesterday's reported 200k buy. A pair of trades for the same amount and same time are shown, one at 103.75p, the other at 104p. If their buy had been the 104p I could understand that the difference was perhaps a mm's margin on the deal. The other way round is more difficult to rationalise. Any suggestions?
So much for market transparency!|
|Whilst such ongoing company transactions both help support the shareprice falling further and add to its overall NAV. Would they not be better off returning such sums by dividends longer term thus boosting yield?|
my retirement fund