ADVFN Logo

We could not find any results for:
Make sure your spelling is correct or try broadening your search.

Trending Now

Toplists

It looks like you aren't logged in.
Click the button below to log in and view your recent history.

Hot Features

Registration Strip Icon for alerts Register for real-time alerts, custom portfolio, and market movers

RSI Rock Solid

0.00 (0.00%)
28 Mar 2024 - Closed
Delayed by 15 minutes
Share Name Share Symbol Market Type Share ISIN Share Description
Rock Solid LSE:RSI London Ordinary Share GB0034272194 ORD 1P
  Price Change % Change Share Price Bid Price Offer Price High Price Low Price Open Price Shares Traded Last Trade
  0.00 0.00% 0.50 - 0.00 00:00:00
Industry Sector Turnover Profit EPS - Basic PE Ratio Market Cap
0 0 N/A 0

Rock Solid Share Discussion Threads

Showing 1251 to 1274 of 1275 messages
Chat Pages: 51  50  49  48  47  46  45  44  43  42  41  40  Older
DateSubjectAuthorDiscuss
16/12/2014
21:48
Lol, you were repeatedly warned that this was a stitch up. That'll teach you to listen to Bob Auckland. It's been a crooked company for years IMHO.
mr macgregor
16/12/2014
08:04
The refinancing has not worked out. Sector has pulled the plug it appears - Game over....as per communication from company received yesterday.
multibagger
26/11/2014
06:59
Hi RBonnier ! Companies like THAL that were doing well are missing their targets due to softening oil price and more specifically in THALs case exposure to Russia.

RSI isn't going to be immune to oil price weakeness. I gather short term RSI has to refinance over $8m + interest...so that is keeping the Board busy. Contracts with NOCs appear to be going well, but sales cycles and revenue take an age to materialise apparently.....

Anyway, all this is really academic, isn't it ?

multibagger
19/11/2014
07:11
Hi RBonnier !

In my last email exchange with Bob Auckland in Feb 2014 (I have emailed him again a few days ago on the back of these announcements) he felt that a re-listing was unlikely - this may have changed since then.

There seem to be some chunky contracts to hand that Bob said that once you get in with the NOCs they tend to send more work your way....so multiyear contracts with cross selling is a real potential.

If I were the major backer, I would want my money back and more for the opportunity costs I have endured. Therefore, a couple of years of profitability, a dividend to soften up the market and then see if I could flog it...it is a niche area, I imagine, so from a technical side maybe of interest to bigger players.

Anyway we are locked in effectively, so we may have to stay put for another 2-4 years and see if the financial figures improve - that will be the key to the company becoming saleable. I look forward to what Bob has to say - he usually gets back in about 7-10 days.

Good luck....but I am not holding my breath ! On the other hand, I'm doing rather well with my chunky stake in CTP....you may want to take a look :)

multibagger
18/11/2014
20:50
Thanks for the updates multibagger wonder if we will get anything back here.East hill and the other major shareholders are going to want their money back at some point which will be pay day for us too but how will it pan out a re list back onto aim ,a takeover,dividends look a long way off, maybe get back nothing at all,what do you think
rbonnier
14/11/2014
17:03
A flurry of activity over the last three months and some sizeable revenues from a NOC (Petrobras), big O&E majors like GDF Suez and OMV Norge and hopefully progress with the Pemex (Mexican NOC)....so may have a reprieve for now.....and life in the old dog yet :)

Also negotiating with Repsol and NOC of Venezula and Rock Solid Attributes plug in for Schlumberger Petrel software. Seem to be recruiting again in a big way...so may be we have turned a corner, but the soft oil price may cause a temporary reduction in O&E activity... !

multibagger
14/11/2014
17:01
22 September 2014
HOUSTON, TX

Rock Solid Images plc

RSI announces successful application of rock physics technology for OMV Norge in the Barents Sea

Under contract and in close collaboration with OMV Norge AS, RSI has been developing tailored workflows for lithology and fluid prediction. These are based on integration of seismic, well and CSEM data with geology and have been applied in pre-drill analyses in the Barents Sea. For the recent OMV operated Hanssen well fluid type was accurately predicted and column height and fluid contact were within 5%.

Stated Reijo Kangas, OMV Norge Exploration Manager: “OMV Norge are pleased with the results from the RSI collaboration and continue to apply RSI’s unique expertise and technology for integration of rock-physics, seismic reservoir characterization and CSEM to Barents Sea targets.”

Stated Dr. Lucy MacGregor, CTO of RSI: “These projects demonstrated the power of integrating multiple geophysical data within a rock physics framework. Ambiguities present in the interpretation of each of the technologies when applied separately were resolved using RSI’s proprietary WISE®

multibagger
14/11/2014
16:56
10 November 2014
HOUSTON, TX

Rock Solid Images plc

RSI announces award of a three year Quantitative Geophysics Frame Agreement by GDF Suez Norge

RSI announced today that it has been chosen to provide quantitative geophysical services to GDF Suez Norge through a three year frame agreement, with an estimated value of $2mUSD. The scope of the services covers Geophysical Well Log Analysis, Rock Physics, Seismic Reservoir Characterization and Electromagnetic Inversion and Integration.

Stated Gareth Taylor, President of RSI: “We are delighted that RSI has been chosen to support GDF Suez’s exploration programme in Norway. With our unique and expansive rock physics experience across the Norwegian Continental Shelf, and our ongoing successes of integrated geophysics projects in the Barents Sea, utilizing our proprietary WISE (Well driven Integration of Seismic and EM) workflows, we aim to become a valuable partner to GDF Suez”.

Rock Solid Images plc +1 713 783 5593
Gareth Taylor - President
Lucy MacGregor – Chief Technology Officer
Bob Auckland – Chief Financial Officer +44 (0)7919 490 911

multibagger
14/11/2014
16:55
20 October 2014
HOUSTON, TX

Rock Solid Images plc

RSI Announces Award of Seismic Reservoir Characterization Project
RSI announced today that it has been chosen to provide rock-physics driven inversion and interpretation services to a Latin-American NOC over one of their northern Caribbean offshore assets. The contract has a value in excess of $2 million; work will commence immediately and will complete in the first half of 2015.

Stated Gareth Taylor, President of RSI: “We are delighted that RSI has been chosen for this important project in this prospective new area. The project calls for close integration of a variety of data-sets, including seismic, log data and core information.”

Rock Solid Images plc +1 713 783 5593
Gareth Taylor - President
Lucy MacGregor – Chief Technology Officer
Bob Auckland – Chief Financial Officer +44 (0)7919 490 911

ABOUT RSI:
RSI is an independent geoscience consulting firm offering quantitative reservoir characterization with the goal of reducing exploration drilling risk and optimizing reservoir appraisal and development plans. The Company is an industry leader in the interpretation and integration of seismic data with well log, CSEM and MT data, and uses advanced rock physics methods combined with sophisticated geologic models to deliver robust and reliable predictions of reservoir geometries and properties to our customers.
www.rocksolidimages.

multibagger
03/8/2014
17:04
RSIs response to Thalassa's offer on 2nd April 2012
"There have been no substantive discussions between the companies, and the Board of RSI is concerned that Thalassa has provided no evidence that they will bring any added economic or industrial assistance to the business in the next phase of the Company's development."

Since then Thalassa ten bagged while this was the worst dog with fleas ever seen. Your board has really been looking after you lol.

mr macgregor
07/4/2014
11:51
Forgot I even had these until this text message popped up from Britdaq to advise there is a new seller .I logged onto Britdaq to see what price these are exchanging at after 2 years..........LOL 0.3P,deleted Britdaq account to forget about Rock Solid for ever we really dont need reminding !
rbonnier
28/2/2014
18:22
'Criminal gangs...' - Are the referring to AIM boards ?
ianbrewster
28/2/2014
08:45
Copied from another thread....................

From today's BBC news.....

'Criminal gangs who trick people into investing in worthless shares have been targeted by police in the biggest ever international crackdown on the fraud.'

lundylou
11/11/2013
11:34
entry deleted
multibagger
11/11/2013
11:01
entry deleted
multibagger
11/11/2013
09:18
Well you are a persistent optimist multibagger, I'll give you that! Did I see a post from you on the VIY board?.. Gee some losers!!!
ewads
08/11/2013
06:56
21 posts being recruited to in the company - bulk of the vacancies in Houston. Clearly a vote of confidence...more good news to come, I reckon and we may actually get our money back ! My hunch is that once we are on a firmer footing financially with solid ongoing contracts and a maiden dividend, re-listing could well happen.
multibagger
23/10/2013
16:36
PRESS RELEASE
21 October 2013
HOUSTON, TX
Rock Solid Images plc
RSI signs Alliance with Share Oil & Services Consulting Group of Mexico
RSI is pleased to announce the signing of an alliance with Share Oil & Services Consulting Group of Mexico. The contract is for the provision of services to the Mexican oil industry in the areas of specialized geoscience consulting, quantitative reservoir characterization, interpretation, visualization and integration of wells, seismic and other oilfield data with the goal of reducing exploration drilling risk and optimizing reservoir appraisal and development plans.
RSI COO Jim Martin stated: "RSI is pleased to have signed this agreement with Share Oil & Services Consulting, a highly regarded and established company who provide excellent technology services in Mexico. The contract provides a multi-year platform to enable provision of integrated projects to the oil industry in Mexico. This contract will further RSI's position in Mexico by providing our services into an extended customer base."
Jim further commented: "Together with Share Oil & Services, we have already identified projects where we can collaborate, particularly on those involving the interpretation, visualization and integration of well and available oilfield data."
Share Oil CEO Jaime Gallegos added: "We are extremely pleased to sign this agreement with RSI. Our combined resources will be used to improve the business lines in Mexico for both companies. The relationship will also provide the companies with additional marketing exposure and business opportunities."

multibagger
22/9/2013
05:01
I am beginning to toy with the idea that RSI may be re-listed sometime in the future, once the company is clearly back into profitability, having good revenue visibility/ order backlogs and may have even paid a maiden dividend. This would "soften" up the market as would be attractiveness of the share vis-a-vis the likes of THAL and GTC from a valuation point of view. I hope my other seismic imaging play VIY comes good by then as well....waiting forever it feels like.

The sectoral valuations of the likes of THAL and GTC, compared to RSI would be attractive to investors. This period of de-listing though painful and frustrating as we have effectively been locked in, has been important to allow the company to focus on re-inventing their product offer and approach without being under the spotlight of relentless share price drift. The company seems energised and gaining rapid traction.

Our backers (Sector, East Hill) will be wanting to take profits, I imagine, after a decade of pumping funds into the company and keeping it afloat. Dividends though sweet, won't be enough ROI. Hence, my view that they will get RSI to re-list, sell off part of their stake for a tidy profit.

The alternative would be for the company to be put on the market to be bought by one of the bigger E&P outfits / Private Equity. Both scenarios are becoming increasingly possible given the recent recruitment activity and major deal with Pemex. I am fairly confident that we will soon have another major deal(s) announced with another NOC / SM - could be the likes of a BP, Statoil and/or a Chinese NOC.

May be actually time to be buying some shares in RSI....I never thought that I would be saying that ever !

multibagger
21/9/2013
14:00
7 x Geophysicist positions - salary scale $150k pa for junior and $188k for senior@ Houston
7 x Petrophysicist positions - salary scale $150k pa @ Houston

Wage bill for the above posts = conservatively over $2million per year

This means the contracts that we are looking at are going to be substantial....I expect good news flow and strong results in the future. We are turning the corner :)

multibagger
20/9/2013
19:21
Further recruitment....now 17 vacancies up on the website ! Clearly they are expecting significant contracts or the posts are very difficult to fill or people are leaving and they are trying to replace.....my money on the first one.

Finally gaining some traction....does anyone on Britdaq know how much the shares are changing hands for ? TIA. MB

multibagger
19/9/2013
07:20
You too then Ian :)
multibagger
18/9/2013
10:31
I'm still holding & lurking...
ianbrewster
17/9/2013
14:13
I had emailed Bob Auckland congratulating him and the team and got a long reply. Expecting "nice chunky contracts may be multi -year", but Pemex a nightmare to deal with due to bureaucracy and are running 6-8 months behind schedule. Positive overall and onwards and upwards.

Don't think it will make much of a difference to the bid/offer on Britdaq as big boys hold over 88% and can't see who will want to buy a illiquid share. So holding for dividends if and when they arrive. Good luck RBonnier - only us two on this thread !

multibagger
Chat Pages: 51  50  49  48  47  46  45  44  43  42  41  40  Older

Your Recent History

Delayed Upgrade Clock