ADVFN Logo

We could not find any results for:
Make sure your spelling is correct or try broadening your search.

Trending Now

Toplists

It looks like you aren't logged in.
Click the button below to log in and view your recent history.

Hot Features

Registration Strip Icon for charts Register for streaming realtime charts, analysis tools, and prices.

GSD Goldshield Grp

0.00 (0.00%)
28 Mar 2024 - Closed
Delayed by 15 minutes
Share Name Share Symbol Market Type Share ISIN Share Description
Goldshield Grp LSE:GSD London Ordinary Share GB0002893823 ORD 5P
  Price Change % Change Share Price Bid Price Offer Price High Price Low Price Open Price Shares Traded Last Trade
  0.00 0.00% 486.25 - 0.00 00:00:00
Industry Sector Turnover Profit EPS - Basic PE Ratio Market Cap
0 0 N/A 0

Goldshield Share Discussion Threads

Showing 351 to 373 of 375 messages
Chat Pages: 15  14  13  12  11  10  9  8  7  6  5  4  Older
DateSubjectAuthorDiscuss
06/10/2009
10:00
AIT raises Goldshield bid
investinggarden
22/9/2009
13:52
Goldshield hints at rival bid
investinggarden
21/9/2009
13:03
Does anyone have a feel for the final takeout price here? The management are considering a counter offer, which may or may not progress.
gurjit
14/9/2009
11:28
Israeli group eyes Goldshield
investinggarden
14/9/2009
07:11
14 September 2009

AIT Investments Limited: possible offer for Goldshield

AIT Investments Limited ("AIT") announces that it is actively pursuing a
possible all-cash offer for Goldshield Group PLC ("Goldshield") in conjunction
with Ajit Patel, the former Chief Executive of Goldshield.

AIT is completing its due diligence and expects to clarify its position shortly.
A further announcement will be made when appropriate.

This announcement does not constitute an announcement of a firm intention to
make an offer under Rule 2.5 of the Takeover Code and there can be no certainty
that any offer will ultimately be made for Goldshield nor as to the terms and
conditions on which any offer might be made.

cwa1
28/6/2009
21:59
ignore the PE above. with eps on 37p, this now is now rated around 10 - cheap given the growth and the possible takeover.
melody9999
04/3/2009
20:25
I'm a happy holder:-)

The thing was that there was an SFO enquiry which crushed the share price and when the Company were off the hook it was in the middle of the market crash and the fact that they were off the hook seemed to gt overlooked. Most recent results say things going well trading wise. Rerating under way as it moves back to a more normal rating. This could go £5.00 easily and is a bid target now the SFO stuff has fallen away.

All IMHO etc DYOR etc etc

brownie69
06/12/2008
13:06
Surprised no-one commented on this, plus tipped by IC. I do not hold but will wait until dust settles.
gconvery
26/6/2008
10:11
Wow, cracking results. Capable of breaching the 300p mark i would have thought. Who knows where it will go once the SFO thing falls away.
brownie69
25/6/2007
06:10
ajit patel selling 20% of his holding
bubloo
22/6/2007
12:56
Couldn't agree more Chuckie Egg.

Only one Patel left now and no one left to hold his hand. They won't be able to go chasing daft bandwagons anymore. The 4m settlement is also very good news. They were being chased for 20m+ interest and have managed to get away with a fraction of it. I don't know why they didn't just settle ages ago for this amount like Ranbaxy and the others did.

A pure play pharma group should trade on about 15 times earnings. That means a price target of 400p or so. It won't happen overnight but I don't see why 300p isn't achievable before the year end.

nickcduk
22/6/2007
12:45
Nick,

I agree with you assessment. For year to 31/3/06 GSD made approx £17M before exceptional cost, approx EPS 31p. For year to 31/3/07 GSD probably will make £13.5M before exceptional cost (ie legal fees), giving EPS 25p. Before today's announcements this co. deserved a low rating because -

a) Investigation by Department of Health into price fixing.
b) The Patel directors treating GSD like a private business.

Both factors have now been resolved. Now it should be given a decent rating. Remember Alliance Boots was taken-over at a P/E ratio of 26.

chuckie egg
22/6/2007
11:31
Simon,

The net cash should be around 20m. If you scrub that from the market cap that leaves you with an enterprise value of 50m. They had EBTDA of about 12m if you assume second half was in line with the first and you knock off a few quid for interest. That puts the business on ebtda multiple of about 4. In terms of EPS the adjusted figure should come in at around 27p. That is calculated by assuming 14m Ebtda if you add back interest. A 30% tax charge. I doubt they will lose any money on Indian land investments. Land prices in India have risen very very sharply. If those assets are sold it adds more cash to the balance sheet. I would also guess the EBTDA figures above include losses from India so the situation could be even more promising. GSD have put aside 4m in legal defence costs and I would guess that should suffice especially now those directors will no longer be with the company. The pharma business deserves a decent rating and I really cannot see why 300p is an unreasonable amount to ask for considering the amount of cash on the balance sheet.

nickcduk
22/6/2007
11:17
Hi Nick

I think it will be difficult to disentangle the state of the balance sheet after the 'mad' investment in India - how much will they gain or lose on the purchase of land and any building works?

Diluted EPS in 2006 was 10p giving a historic p/e of 20x. Are you expecting 30p in 2007?

Will GSD pay for the court case legal expenses? This could run into millions.

The only division with potential is the Pharma division but has been neglected for years. The nutrition division is in decline.

Good fortune.

simon gordon
22/6/2007
11:07
Simon

Read the announcement in full. The strategic review is very thorough. I know Rakesh is culpable as the rest but he won't have his brothers to hold his hand anymore in the board room. The others are looking to dispose of their stakes. Just focus on the cash pile and the enterprise value of the business. Lets not forget that this company used to have a premium rating of 20+ times earnings before it got embroiled in legal matters and dodgy overseas acquisitions. Even at 10 times earnings this would be close to 300p.

nickcduk
22/6/2007
11:03
Hi Nick,

The only word to sum up this fiasco is Pathetic.

I note that Rakesh Patel is to be the new CEO - he certainly went along with the 'mad' decision to invest in the Indian retirement homes. I would have no confidence in him - he has it all to prove!!!!

The strategic review is a couple of paragraphs - this comapny is run at the whimsy of the Patel posse. They don't have a clue on how to relate with outside shareholders.

I think they will have trouble finding high calibre people to join the company because of the nonsensical business culture of GSD.

I think it will take years to gain any momentum in the business.

There are more interesting shares than this piece of junk....

simon gordon
22/6/2007
10:47
Not sure the market has fully woken upto todays announcement. They have managed to cap the majority of the NHS litigation to 4m. Most of the management team are leaving. They are getting rid of non-core assets in India and have pulled the plug on spending much more on the wellbeing assets.

Back to their very core business of developing and acquiring products and with almost entirely new management I would expect them to get a big re-rating if they are able to sell the story properly to existing and new investors. 300p is my target. There is an overhang from Hermes which means stock is available to buy in the market. The results next week should be the trigger for substantial gains.

nickcduk
19/4/2007
14:11
Its extremely cheap PP. There is plenty more to come for GSD.
nickcduk
19/4/2007
14:00
Moving strongly today.
papalpower
25/1/2007
02:34
DAILY CHART
mariannejane
15/1/2007
07:55
chart thread for the chartists