ADVFN Logo ADVFN

We could not find any results for:
Make sure your spelling is correct or try broadening your search.

Trending Now

Toplists

It looks like you aren't logged in.
Click the button below to log in and view your recent history.

Hot Features

Registration Strip Icon for charts Register for streaming realtime charts, analysis tools, and prices.

HMS Hallin Marine

0.00 (0.00%)
17 Apr 2024 - Closed
Delayed by 15 minutes
Share Name Share Symbol Market Type Share ISIN Share Description
Hallin Marine LSE:HMS London Ordinary Share GB00B06N7T09 ORD 1P
  Price Change % Change Share Price Bid Price Offer Price High Price Low Price Open Price Shares Traded Last Trade
  0.00 0.00% 230.50 - 0.00 01:00:00
Industry Sector Turnover Profit EPS - Basic PE Ratio Market Cap
0 0 N/A 0

Hallin Marine Subsea Share Discussion Threads

Showing 2376 to 2399 of 2400 messages
Chat Pages: 96  95  94  93  92  91  90  89  88  87  86  85  Older
DateSubjectAuthorDiscuss
28/2/2013
23:24
They have managed some pretty big lumpy contracts in previous years on very limited cash. It is not unusual for big companies dealing with smaller companies on large projects to make stage payments to help in this respect. It looks like Statoil are keen to get their PMSS built quickly so I think they will not let cashflow be an issue.

An alternative would be a short term bank loan given that they have assets and substantive contracts it might be possible even in today's environment. The banks are still lending but not so willing to take any risk.

Last resort would be a small fundraising I think.

SJ

sailing john
28/2/2013
22:28
Yes, i was given the nod to the forum and your posts on THAL sailing john, from saucepan. I was going to email glasshalfull about this tonight but there is obviously no need now.

As GHF states, question is 'how much capex' and what about a fundraising/placing, im not sure but dont think they would possibly require much ?

cfro
28/2/2013
21:43
GHF - Glad you have joined and I hope you have time to look in and post in the future. I think you will know one or two others who occasionally post on ADVFN

SJ

sailing john
28/2/2013
21:34
sailing john - Thanks for link. Haven't been on the site before.

Pleased that you have weighed heavily in here and been rewarded. I've been buying in 40's and 50's so also delighted that it took off ;-)

Your suppositions appear credible to me & I don't think your calcs fanciful. Yes, if they achieve the profitability you describe then I think £3 entirely feasible in the next 12 months, perhaps more.

My question is, How much capex they may require to fulfil these contracts which are now appearing thick and fast?

I'll join you on the forum for further discussion as time permits. Just registered but time precludes me from posting further at the moment.

cfro - Got your email. You're very welcome! Spread is large, but I just try and ignore this when it comes to illiquid small caps. I picked up a further 15k at 26.5p a couple of days ago, 1.5p inside the spread. My rule is to use price weakness to pick up stock in any of my targets.

Many thanks for the invite sailing john and kind regards,
GHF

glasshalfull
28/2/2013
19:24
WELL WELL WELL!!!!!!!!!

SIR ARCHIBALD LEONARDO HAS SPOTTED DE MUG PUNTERS ON DE RUN!!!!!!!!!FFS

sir leonardo
28/2/2013
19:00
;-)

Totally agree with your valuation Sailing John. Also have a share price target of £3 or £4. And potentially much more if they could sign up other major internationals, which i think they can.

cfro
28/2/2013
18:28
GHF
That was quick
I initially invested last year on the June TS - chased the price from 34p at 8:00
Added on 1H results then sat nervously wandering if the contracts would come this year.

When they announced Ecuador in January it was a no brainer and I was amazed price didn't move so I just kept adding over the next two weeks at 57p or less. Like you I don't think the market has quite grasped the significance of yesterday's announcements - When I say market at the moment it is just a bunch of PIs trying to make a few quid and not really researching or understanding the business.

I run a little BB where you can have a sensible discussion without interruptions. Strangely my first post on the THAL stocks thread mentioned a post you had made on here. I have posted a potential valuation update and would be interested in your views. And of course anyone else who has been into THAL for more than 2 days

Quite a few on shareinfo BB bought THAL in January - we might have a notifiable interest between us!!!

All the best

SJ

sailing john
28/2/2013
18:11
He he he! There's a thought!

The best threads contain a few quality posters and can provide a great reference point. I usually post links and try to justify any of my musings...but these cretins seem to spend every spare minute "texting" or "tweeting" banal information.

So much so and I'm simply filtering a whole host & reducing my consumption time considerably in the process.

THAL truly announced a gamechanger yesterday in Statoil, & therefore quite unbelievable when discovering a 2nd RNS with the Ecuador news that was equally bullish.

I think it's hard to determine a fair value for the company at present so simply sitting on my hands as ultimately I think it'll be worth a whole load more in the months & years to come.

I'll let the children play meantime and I'm sure they'll eventually tire and move onto the next instant 10-bagger; it'll be £3 tomorrow; market makers tree shake; can't deal on-line opportunity!!!

Regards,
GHF

glasshalfull
28/2/2013
18:04
Hi

Perhaps we should discuss THAL over here whilst our thread has been hijacked!

SJ

sailing john
22/1/2013
18:37
Sorry to get you all excited!

Interesting to see that quite a few Halliners are already into Thalassa

I guess we should leave this thread to sleep again before we get too many hearts racing. I would love to know how the old team are doing though.

SJ

sailing john
22/1/2013
18:32
Really weird this, but i too thought Hallin had been re-floated or something after i spotted this thread late last night. Today i see both GHF and IC2 here and wondered what what was going on.....

I also profited from HMS but unfortunately sold before the take-over.

cfro
22/1/2013
07:49
I thought that Hallin had been resurrected, did ok with them but missed the takeover offer which I recall was brought on the cheap like many others.

As you know I'm very keen on THAL, and still like GTC and made good profits, but sold my final holding too early, but that is still an error that I can correct.

ic2...

interceptor2
22/1/2013
00:03
...& best wishes to you sailing john.

Couldn't believe my eyes when I saw the old Hallin thread pop up. Of course you know my thoughts on THAL ;-)

I've a few GTC as well...

Kind regards,
GHF

glasshalfull
21/1/2013
22:38
I hope all Hallin Mariners are keeping well

I have been investing recently in a company that reminds me of Hallin

Thalassa THAL - Offshore seismic - it might be of interest - off the radar at the moment

I still have fond memories of Hallin and good to look back at an old favorite and see who else was invested

All the best whatever you are up to.

SJ

sailing john
05/2/2010
15:57
IG now settled.
evaluate
05/2/2010
12:07
TDW also now settled
ashbox
05/2/2010
11:46
Well done guys now if you are into boats take a look at YCO, and web page, seem to have got the rights to sell a boat that you can keep a sea boat in the boot.!!!
tara7
05/2/2010
11:41
Selftrade settled - Fidelity settled. Halifax appear to be processing as removed from portfolio but cash not yet updated.
Happy days
SJ

sailing john
05/2/2010
10:30
Just got my cash, with Selftrade
taylor20
05/2/2010
07:29
Barclays paid me out today.

Where next I wonder

koolio
05/2/2010
07:23
Rec'd my cash if that helps those waiting.

Good luck in your next venture - I've dived into VLE personally

joe say
05/2/2010
07:20
For those of us who have held on for the payout, Hallin continues to be a wise investment as this is proving to be a very good time to be in cash!
spot1034
02/2/2010
15:21
Anybody receieved theirs yet?

I have to wait 'til IG get theirs unfortunately - as had position as a spread bet.

evaluate
02/2/2010
15:19
Thanks Evaluate
eddyt27
Chat Pages: 96  95  94  93  92  91  90  89  88  87  86  85  Older

Your Recent History

Delayed Upgrade Clock