ADVFN Logo

We could not find any results for:
Make sure your spelling is correct or try broadening your search.

Trending Now

Toplists

It looks like you aren't logged in.
Click the button below to log in and view your recent history.

Hot Features

Registration Strip Icon for charts Register for streaming realtime charts, analysis tools, and prices.

ANTP ANT

0.00 (0.00%)
28 Mar 2024 - Closed
Delayed by 15 minutes
Share Name Share Symbol Market Type Share ISIN Share Description
ANT LSE:ANTP London Ordinary Share GB00B06BSD59 ORD 5P
  Price Change % Change Share Price Bid Price Offer Price High Price Low Price Open Price Shares Traded Last Trade
  0.00 0.00% 20.75 - 0.00 00:00:00
Industry Sector Turnover Profit EPS - Basic PE Ratio Market Cap
0 0 N/A 0

Ant Plc Share Discussion Threads

Showing 951 to 975 of 975 messages
Chat Pages: 39  38  37  36  35  34  33  32  31  30  29  28  Older
DateSubjectAuthorDiscuss
02/2/2013
08:23
The answer is in prior RNSs, but it's not a company I waste time following any more.
exotic
01/2/2013
12:19
Why temporary?
site manager
01/2/2013
08:28
RNS Number : 8193W

AIM

01 February 2013

NOTICE

01/02/2013 7:30am

TEMPORARY SUSPENSION OF TRADING ON AIM

Ant Plc

At the request of the company trading on AIM for the under-mentioned securities has been temporarily suspended from 01/02/2013 7:30am, pending an announcement.

exotic
30/11/2012
13:10
I agree drw1. Don't really understand why Ant put itself up for sale in the first place. I would think Kestrel are hopping mad!
wh1spa
30/11/2012
12:07
Kestrel must be disappointed as they'll come out of this with a loss. I think I was more fortunate than most and I'll only have a 19.8% return on my investment. ANTP has been one huge disappointment for everyone involved.

CFB

cfb2
30/11/2012
10:37
Not an overly generous price given the companies cash reserves.
drw1
29/10/2012
10:51
Lee Maytum appears to be selling at every opportunity and Richard Farleigh is trying to buy at every opportunity. They really should just talk to each other and arrange to exchange shares rather than go through brokers and MMs. It'd certainly be a lot cheaper for both parties.

CFB

cfb2
22/10/2012
16:38
I notice Kestrel have 8% of Amino?
7lee
18/10/2012
12:04
cfb2
Thank you so much for your guidance.

varies
17/10/2012
22:17
An ex Amino man on board!
hastings
17/10/2012
10:07
varies: There are closed periods for directors, which are based around when financial results come out. To paraphrase the FSA guidelines, if you are privy to information that will effect a company's market value and that has not been released in the public domain then this is insider information.

A typical example I give to people who ask this question is, if you happen to have been told by a friend or your brother in law that a company he is director at that the upcoming results are going to be particularly good/bad and you trade on this information then this is illegal.

There are grey areas, such as trading on information that has been leaked by the press, that can be said to be in the public domain and personally I'd be happy to trade on that.

I would assume that Richard Farleigh has spoken to Kestrel Opp. I think that the public disclosure of form 8.3 allows them to work in concert.

CFB

cfb2
17/10/2012
09:07
It is interesting to see that Mr. Farleigh has made two purchases of 25,000 shares recently. The numbers are not significant but I think we can deduce that he is not privy to any negotiations now being conducted for a significant transaction.
If there were any and if he knew of them, then he would presumably be barred from dealing in ANTP shares. Does anyone on this thread know the rules ?
I would have expected any prospective bidder to sound him out since he holds nearly 15% but perhaps this is not allowed until an offer is put to the directors.

varies
30/9/2012
09:15
cfb2
Thank you for pointing out that the lack of a Form 8.3 filing may not mean that the shareholder concerned no longer holds as much as 1%. I had not realised this.

I would have thought that most of the declared shareholders here are used to losses on their investments as well as gains and would be glad to move on. The ANT Pension Fund Trustees are obviously in a more difficult position being concerned to maintain as best they can the present level of employment.
If someone did come forward with an adequate cash offer, then it should be possible to line up a 50% acceptance commitment within a few days. Whilst the recovery from the low of 15p hit after the results is encouraging, I am still very apprehensive about our prospects.

varies
29/9/2012
21:49
varies: Thank you for posting those calculations to the BB.

BlackRock reported a 4.83% holding on 29/3/12:

There is no requirement for them to file a form 8.3 unless they make any further trades now that ANTP is under offer (although some companies have chosen to unncessarily file form 8.3 anyway).

If I remember correctly, the sale of a company needs agreement of 50%+ of shareholders. Looking back at the chairman's statement:
...Whilst the Company remains an on-going concern, the Board is exploring all options to maximise shareholder value, which may involve continued trading, voluntary liquidation, the sale of the Company or asset sales....

In other words, whilst the company has been put up for sale there are still other possibilities. I note that some of those holders have been with ANTP for a long time and they are going to make a significant loss if it is sold - that might present a problem to an offer price if they lack realism.

CFB

cfb2
29/9/2012
15:24
Having an idle moment I have added up the holdings disclosed in the 12 Form 8.3 declarations to date since 14 Sept. These amount to c.15,720,000 shares or 64.90% of the capital. I have ignored options, the lowest exercise price being 26.5p.
Comparing these with the substantial interests as at 16 Jan. 2012 disclosed on page 15 of the Annual Report, I find that the Foresight Group (8.18%) and Blackrock (6.36%)have yet to file Form 8.3 or, more likely, have fallen below 1% and that R. Farleigh has increased his stake from 12.52 to 14.60%.
Assuming that FFM/FIL is part of Fidelity Group, then this entity has reduced its stake from 9.18 to 6.87%.
Kestrel (12.90%) and J.M.Finn (4.40%) are the only new shareholders with over 3%.

Let us hope that Kestrel, Farleigh and the ANT Employee Trust (11.23%), having nearly 39% between them, are able to find an outcome satisfactory to us all.

varies
28/9/2012
16:23
Indeed it has, must say I expected it to remain dormant for a while, so looks like there is value here after all.
hastings
27/9/2012
16:43
should we read much into a holding rns from a private equity company? still the share price seems to have perked up a bit!
wh1spa
18/9/2012
18:11
standard disclosures of 1% holdings or more. Anyone with such holdings will have to inform the market if they make any trades within the offer period.
wh1spa
18/9/2012
17:07
do we know whether these Form 8.3 are buys or sells?
weatherman
14/9/2012
09:41
cfb2
I must confess to knowing nothing except what ANTP tells us and I would not like to sit an exam even on that !
The report for the first half of 2012 tells us that 98% of revenue was generated outside the UK, mostly in US$. This $ revenue need not have been generated entirely in the USA but it seems reasonable to infer that much of it was.

ANTP's relationship with Cisco seems to be of great importance to it. Let us hope this is still a happy one.

I have no idea whether we shall be involved in American lawsuits. Woe betide us if we are.

varies
13/9/2012
21:56
I just wonder whether this stock is about to get snapped up when its TV app seems to offer some potential returns for investors. Still a bidding war might get some value out of it.
weatherman
13/9/2012
11:42
Well,a wait and see situation here i guess.
hastings
13/9/2012
10:03
varies: American lawsuits? Do you know something? ANT is a UK company licensing the software so by default I'd expect them to be governed by England and Wales law and defended in the UK. I don't know one way or the other but I would consider it odd for a UK company to have to defend itself legally in a different country.

CFB

cfb2
13/9/2012
08:51
cfb2
I hope you prove right.
Unfortunately we now have to reckon on American lawsuits which tend to be ruinously expensive and where there seems to be a marked bias against foreigners as we have seen with the BP and Samsung cases.
ANTP is unlikely to make any progress on its own and we must hope for a decent offer.

varies
13/9/2012
07:13
weatherman: Yes, they are looking for a buyer. The recent revenue means that the shares are worth 20p alone on cash in the company. The section on "contingent liabilities" might affect that valuation (the sort of thing that most companies have insurance for) but we now know our ex-CEO was asleep on the job.

Everything else to do with royalties, margins, difficulty with competing customers exactly as I posted above.

I feel sorry for employees, who are shortly going to be out of a job. The exception being those few technical people who will go to the company that buys the software.

In terms of valuation, the return will be cash minus any litigation costs with a possible upside of anything they can get for the software. I expect a bidding war between the companies that have licensed the software - and that is likely to be the reason for the upset with licensees.

CFB

P.S. Common sense says that Kestrel have seen this investment as likely to yield a return. They have engineered this outcome and the final price is very likely to exceed their average share price.

cfb2
Chat Pages: 39  38  37  36  35  34  33  32  31  30  29  28  Older

Your Recent History

Delayed Upgrade Clock