ADVFN Logo ADVFN

We could not find any results for:
Make sure your spelling is correct or try broadening your search.

Trending Now

Toplists

It looks like you aren't logged in.
Click the button below to log in and view your recent history.

Hot Features

Registration Strip Icon for charts Register for streaming realtime charts, analysis tools, and prices.

HRD Hardy Amies

0.00 (0.00%)
Last Updated: 01:00:00
Delayed by 15 minutes
Share Name Share Symbol Market Type Share ISIN Share Description
Hardy Amies LSE:HRD London Ordinary Share GB0002931458 ORD 1P
  Price Change % Change Share Price Bid Price Offer Price High Price Low Price Open Price Shares Traded Last Trade
  0.00 0.00% 1.25 - 0.00 01:00:00
Industry Sector Turnover Profit EPS - Basic PE Ratio Market Cap
0 0 N/A 0

Hardy Amies Share Discussion Threads

Showing 1201 to 1221 of 1225 messages
Chat Pages: 49  48  47  46  45  44  43  42  41  40  39  38  Older
DateSubjectAuthorDiscuss
26/2/2010
15:56
Still not properly de-listed!!!
mirex
30/7/2009
13:16
These aer still in my portfolio, when will they be properly de-listed?
mirex
20/11/2008
17:58
Dont expect anything !

Hardy Amies sold to Hong Kong
Tuesday, 11 November 2008
Hardy Amies has been sold to the European investment arm of Hong Kong-based international fashion supplier Li & Fung. The company, known as dressmaker to the Queen, fell into administration last month after a refinancing fell through from Icelandic investor Arev.
The retailer's Saville Row, Edinburgh, Bristol and Belfast stores are currently still trading.
The deal was agreed at the end of last week for an undisclosed sum.

pictureframe
19/10/2008
18:21
Hi damloy

If you have an accountant ask them how you can reclaim tax

If (like me) you do don't employ an accountant you could try these guys (based in Bristol), who seem genuine, albeit a tad expensive:

They take 25% of the amount recovered, but it appears to be on a no win, no fee basis.

timbo003
19/10/2008
14:55
Did indeed timbo003 and I guess that is the only saving grace. I'm not a professional investor so don't quite understand how I would avail of the tax reliefs.

Sorry to say I was also persuaded by some poxy 'venture-capital' outfit to stick over £5K into Petards which I think is about to go down the toilet. I think it also might be EIS qualifying so maybe I can recover something via the taxman. Any idea how I go about that? Thanks.

PS....yes I know a plonker like myself should have kept my money in the bank.....WHOOPS!....Did I say in the BANK!!!!!!!...In Iceland perhaps!

damloy
16/10/2008
09:26
damloy

Did you invest in "new issue" shares at 6p 2-3 years ago?

If so, your shares are EIS qualifying and as such there could be very significant tax reliefs to be recovered

timbo003
16/10/2008
09:21
I was persuaded by a venture-capital outfit to invest £6K in this waste of space. I am not a professional investor.....Yes I know I should have kept my mons in the bank!!!!.....But what does all this mean.....Is the whole lot gone?....What do I do Now?....Any advice would be welcome.
damloy
10/10/2008
15:40
So here it is:

Hardy Amies, the former dressmaker to the Queen, appointed administrators
"with immediate effect" today.
end

101536 OCT 08

after 1077 posts

THE END.

boscolane
05/10/2008
09:59
Like I said I feel we have been screwed over. Admin will be appointed,and they will pick up an almost profitable buisness for peanuts.
pictureframe
05/10/2008
01:18
This Wednesday is the deadline (8th Oct). If no new investor is found by then..the games finally up and the administrator is called in. What a humiliating end to a venture with such promise.
boscolane
03/10/2008
09:22
For what its worth Ive just had a chat with Guy Peters at Shore Capital. They are the nominated advisor to Hardy Amies.
He said there have been a number of approaches from people wanting to buy out the AREV stake and keep the company running with its listing. However there is only a limited amount of time before the administrator is appoined (under a week) for any deal to be done. Once the administrator comes in, the company is sold off piece meal and the creditors paid first. (shareholders getting nothing).

I asked him to mark out of 10 the chance of the company being saved. He said between 3 and 5 but nearer 3.
He also seemed to suggest that any deal would involve a debt for equity swap so we would get nothing anyway.
In the end he said there is a great deal of potential and huge brand value in HRD which is attracting attention.
He said the directors were VERY confident AREV would keep funding but that they were let down themselves from their funding source.
Sorry its pretty much bad news but I suppose others have lost a great deal more.
Regards.

boscolane
27/9/2008
16:37
A victim of the credit crisis. Having said that Brunning screwed up womens wear and put the whole project back some way.
Sorry its turned sour, I wonder who is going to buy what from the administrators (unless there is a white knight, which I doubt). The Saville Row house and the licences have some value.
I'd like to say its been fun, but it's been a bloody great struggle !!

boscolane
26/9/2008
17:49
Yep that's another disastrous investment. From now on I stick to property. What's really galling to me is that Brunning was always banging on about how Arev would never shaft the small shareholders.
bungler
26/9/2008
14:56
Sad news, guys. A high risk/high reward strategy at just the wrong time.

All the best for the future.

ladybird1
26/9/2008
10:07
PICTUREFRAME

so sorry, i have always gambled with these bloody aim stocks and ALWAYS lost very very badly.

every serious investor keeps on saying DO NOT INVEST IN PENNY SHARES.

BUT I ALWAYS DO.

I HOPE U WILL HAVE THE DETERMINATION TO STOP PUTTING UR MONEY IN THE PENNY STOCK.

I AM NOT SURE I HAVE THE INTELLIGENCE TO DO IT. BUT WE ALL SHOULD

seizetheday
26/9/2008
08:16
I think we have all been shafted by AREVA , due to their loan agreement they will be able to pick up the company from the administators for next to nothing as the company is almost profitable imho. What have a learned? No more AIM stocks for me - I have just cleared everyone out of my portfolio.
pictureframe
26/9/2008
08:13
Fuc+ thats £10k down the river by the looks of it
pictureframe
22/9/2008
14:39
Yes ladybird one is due any day now I believe. I can't believe that it'll make dramtically improved reading - if anything the opposite - but at least we're still in there playing. Fingers crossed.
bungler
22/9/2008
08:39
Thanks, bungler. An update soon, perhaps?
ladybird1
12/9/2008
17:24
I'm here 2.
boraki
12/9/2008
17:06
At least there is life after death !!
boscolane
Chat Pages: 49  48  47  46  45  44  43  42  41  40  39  38  Older

Your Recent History

Delayed Upgrade Clock