ADVFN Logo

We could not find any results for:
Make sure your spelling is correct or try broadening your search.

Trending Now

Toplists

It looks like you aren't logged in.
Click the button below to log in and view your recent history.

Hot Features

Registration Strip Icon for alerts Register for real-time alerts, custom portfolio, and market movers

FDT 1ST Dental Labs

0.00 (0.00%)
Last Updated: 00:00:00
Delayed by 15 minutes
Share Name Share Symbol Market Type Share ISIN Share Description
1ST Dental Labs LSE:FDT London Ordinary Share GB0031547002 ORD 1P
  Price Change % Change Share Price Bid Price Offer Price High Price Low Price Open Price Shares Traded Last Trade
  0.00 0.00% 4.25 - 0.00 00:00:00
Industry Sector Turnover Profit EPS - Basic PE Ratio Market Cap
0 0 N/A 0

1ST Dental Laboratories Share Discussion Threads

Showing 926 to 945 of 950 messages
Chat Pages: 38  37  36  35  34  33  32  31  30  29  28  27  Older
DateSubjectAuthorDiscuss
13/4/2016
06:21
Just had to laugh at the monicker on this aged BB thread. :)
daniel levi bmd
29/10/2010
10:58
it was ok until it wasn't, i got out after asking several dentists when i took my kids in, byword for rubbish they all implied
mryesyes
15/10/2010
15:04
mryesyes:> Thanks - Cash flow (negative) on this one always worried me - glad I listened to my worry.
pugugly
14/10/2010
10:41
I can confirm that will be zero, as there are a lot of staff who need bigger payoffs as no new jobs, and creditors 15p in the pound, spivs you take your chances
mryesyes
24/9/2010
08:42
Sad to hear the news on this one, I've been watching this share for the last six months. There's always hope though, I was invested in TMN when it got suspended at 3p but following a reverse takeover by PRO the share price is now at 18p - I'm well down but not out! Sit tight and hope it works out OK for investors in the long run.
oiht
23/9/2010
23:45
happy i did not get involved in this one dentists in uk are rip off anywyas just got my teeth cleaned here the other dya cost £5 1 hour and polish walk in walk out no appointment required....

sorry for investors here....
traders well the writting was on the wall!

divinausa1
23/9/2010
12:57
Sorry guys but you were warned
solarno lopez
06/8/2010
11:48
been holding up well in the face of a seller but I've got bored and sold. Faster stuff to chase really.

No doubt it will fly north now.

CR

cockneyrebel
14/7/2010
08:47
Yes but H1 was particularly disasterous last year
troyzgod
14/7/2010
06:40
Blimey - back into profit in H1, wasn't expecting them to show a profit till the full year perhaps :-)

An improverment of over 0.8p over H1 last year. If they keep that up it will be interesting.

CR

cockneyrebel
06/7/2010
12:08
Short of stock here, had to pay a premium on the 5.25p offer for my top up this morning!
matt123d
06/7/2010
10:17
quite a bit of buying today.

CR

cockneyrebel
05/7/2010
09:51
Going through last weeks high - results in 9 days time - breakout looking pretty close.

CR

cockneyrebel
29/6/2010
11:23
Results in a fortnight - been some good buying of late - more to come over the next two weeks as results get closer perhaps.

CR

cockneyrebel
16/6/2010
23:32
Ignore CR, he spends all day on ADVFN claiming to know people connected to a stock, and always claiming to be making trades, he has been doing it for 4 years and if he had made all the trades he claimed since 2006 he would be bankrupt.
However whatever the situation, this stock (unlike LTS CR) has a good daily turnover and quick profits are there buying at 3 and selling at 6 etc(or2-5)
Most of its life this traded 10p-£1 range, so theres upside, and its hard to value
Director buys of 1m well thats £30K not bad

mryesyes
16/6/2010
13:27
Trouble is 1st' s market is being downgraded as all the implant technicians and quality workers have gone.
What they are mainly doing is budget work.
Why the shares are going up is a mystery to me.
There would seem to be no reason whatsoever. IMHO.

troyzgod
16/6/2010
11:29
Blimey Freddy - we're in danger of being mistaken for Cameron and Clegg if you keep that up! :-)

Yes troyzgod - this guy actually does the full monty in that they take clients in and bother make and fit the implants as dental technicians and dentist but yes, 55K is probably more the dentists fee but whatever, implants seem to increase the technicians margins by some way, looking at this guy's house and the cars he's driving. I actually design and print his brochures and pricelists so gleaned my info there.

I can't guess what they are at but the fact implants increase the margins and directors have been buying recently (Chairman bought nearly 1m not long ago and increased his holding by about 700%) suggests there's good things going on imo. The implant margins might be the catalyst perhaps? The guy I know is now like a one stop shop - dentists and technician all in-house - perhaps that's a route FDT might be taking if I think out loud.

Will find out before long I guess will results not far off.

Testing the recent highs here.

CR

cockneyrebel
15/6/2010
10:25
thanks for that sensible analysis cr i may take a close look....
ydderf
15/6/2010
09:49
Frauddy boy. Have you finally seen sence and decided to employ me as your investment advisor? :-)

Gyllenhammer's been titting about here, dunno what his game was but there was obviously some way for him to make a quick turn on that stake.

A guy I know sold out to these - when they were Benchmark. the margins are huge of their business. He's started up again now - he's making full sets of implants at £55K a set - unbelieveable. The actual materials are peanuts, you just need the staff skilled enough to do the work well.

I suspect in the past most of FDT's business has been crown and bridge which has great margins but nothing like implants. Personally I wouldn't hold these for more than 18 months - they have a 2-2.5 year cycle before the people they buy out or have bought out start to leave and start up elsewhere. But on a 12-18 month view I reckon these could be rather good. Not something I want to hold shedloads of as they aren't liquid enough for me but £7-£10k I'm cool with - reckon I'll double my money pretty swift imo.

More implants - bigger profits Frauddy.

CR

cockneyrebel
10/6/2010
13:07
crookers, if you like it so much, why not take a meaningfull chunk?

what's the story here?

ydderf
Chat Pages: 38  37  36  35  34  33  32  31  30  29  28  27  Older

Your Recent History

Delayed Upgrade Clock