ADVFN Logo

We could not find any results for:
Make sure your spelling is correct or try broadening your search.

Trending Now

Toplists

It looks like you aren't logged in.
Click the button below to log in and view your recent history.

Hot Features

Registration Strip Icon for charts Register for streaming realtime charts, analysis tools, and prices.

GTW Gateway Vct

0.00 (0.00%)
28 Mar 2024 - Closed
Delayed by 15 minutes
Share Name Share Symbol Market Type Share ISIN Share Description
Gateway Vct LSE:GTW London Ordinary Share GB0009202275 ORD 5P
  Price Change % Change Share Price Bid Price Offer Price High Price Low Price Open Price Shares Traded Last Trade
  0.00 0.00% 18.00 - 0.00 00:00:00
Industry Sector Turnover Profit EPS - Basic PE Ratio Market Cap
0 0 N/A 0

Gateway Vct Share Discussion Threads

Showing 26 to 42 of 50 messages
Chat Pages: 2  1
DateSubjectAuthorDiscuss
14/9/2007
15:19
Gelp,
Thanks.
No I'm not an early doors investor.
I bought some for my SIPP earlier in the year, on the basis that value would eventually show and that for a SIPP time was not important.
I think I underestimated my own lack of patience.

But I was puzzled by the AGM vote.
The implication being that some people think that buying shares in the market at below NAV is not in the interest of holders.
I would be interested to know the thinking behind the their position.

colonel a
14/9/2007
14:12
Colonol A.
I don't know I did not vote(carelessness) and I was not there (abroad). Had ibeen there it would not have had material effect on result looking at the figures.I would have gone with the proposal.
Nice to see another on the thread! My condolences if you were like me an early VCT investor.
There has been a rise within last few days since agm and no apparent trades though in my experience they seem to be delayed in past for some reason.
There must have been quite a few people feeling strongly looking at the figures.
If any one was a meeting and can relay any comments re the 2 unlisted investments or have any knowledge of the fortunes kindly share.
I am sure we share a common objective in seeing the NAV rise and then the NAV being passed to investors.

gelp
14/9/2007
11:18
Gelp,

No comment, rather a question.
Why was the motion to allow GTW to buy back shares voted down at the AGM ?

With the share price well below the NAV and the implied additional value not yet inlcuded in the NAV this seems a very odd position to take.

colonel a
21/7/2007
09:10
Gelp, whatever happened to your post - I know it said you'd been topping up here and now it's gone!

You're not Mark Moss by any chance are you?! Yesterday's RNS was very intriguing - he's popped up from nowhere with 441k shares (3.27%).

I can't find on Google any direct connection from him to GTW, but the timing is interesting just after Jacobs Rimell made their Wipro announcement.

Nice to have a bit of activity here anyway.

rivaldo
17/7/2007
11:19
Hello Gelp, you still around? The quoted holdings are looking pretty unhealthy except for OMG, though most of them I think are high quality (except for SLG which is a boom or bust option).

Intriguing price movement here the last two days for no apparent reason, except....well, firstly the NAV in the recent results was 47.4p compared to a 30p share price now:

And secondly, I keep an eye on the unquoted investments. Jacobs Rimell was written back up to cost in the last results, and it announced yesterday what looks like a mega tie-up with the Indian giant Wipro:

If JR was to pay off it would have a huge effect on NAV. I had a small holding here as a long-term punt on SLG, VEC etc but Jacobs Rimell now looks as if it could be the biggest winner of all considering it's valued at £930k or so on a m/cap of £4m based on 13.6m shares in issue.

Maybe worth a top up at some stage, particularly if SLG recovers or there's further news on JR.

rivaldo
13/11/2006
16:41
Riv,
interims to 30th sept 2005.
'options on 909091 SLG at 33p - there was a 'lockup agreement' to march 2006 so I think you may be correct re 'plenty of time left...'

interesting that GTW & Cavendish have parted company. Shows some confidence by the small remaining team. I hope this is more than cost savings.

gelp
13/11/2006
12:27
Results out:

NAV at 30/9 was 53.6p. Not far off Gelp! Since then SLG's share price has gone from 18p to 22p now. The unquoteds have all retained their value AFAIK.

Will have to inquire about the SLG options, but normally these last for 7 years so maybe there's plenty of time left for them?

You'd expect a discount to NAV, but with a very low m/cap any decent run in SLG, VEC or PGB could/should have a disproportionate impact on NAV.

rivaldo
01/11/2006
08:22
just to add Rivaldo point about tax relief. I also understand CGT tax relief on new purchases in the market as is a VCT.
gelp
01/11/2006
08:19
I have been in since ill fated initial maximum VCT investment at the start with E tech as was first named. However have substantially averaged down since (cos of NAV) and slightly ahead now after the initial tax relief. (CGT only defferred mind!)at one point the investment would have been worth a negative if tax repaid - don't mention financial advisors.
The spread is a sod - I have not been able to buy much within the spread.
My calculation of the NAV end of last month on Excel was 51 p. I list the stocks on advfn monitor and simply transfer the prices to my spread sheet. Easy to calculate the listed stuff but I welcome the comments about Networks and Jacob which of course are not.
SLG is of course a big one, but the options at 32 may expire or have expired - I think there was a time period - and why buy options now at 32 when 20 in market. SLG news today looks good.
I do not know if the full assett value can be released.I can sleep only cos of the NAV & can only dream bout realisation above 51.
Pilat has been the best holding by far but Vect of course could be also a big one.
Small deals effect price -

gelp
21/10/2006
20:31
Hi jonwig, good to see you here! One point - are you aware that if you buy GTW shares in the open market, as a VCT there's no CGT on any gains (though of course you can't set off any losses either...)

I have a few of these from just above the current price as a long-term punt. On the current £4m m/cap I feel this could be a tax-free multi-bagger, with relatively little downside.

There are of course the usual VCT liquidity problems, though this didn't stop me making 70% tax-free on a Foresight VCT in a few months a couple of years ago when I noticed before the market did that one of their holdings was being floated....

In theory much hinges on SLG, where GTW have around 2.45m shares and 900,000 options at 32p. If that recovers then it's game on.

GTW also have big stakes in PGB (which I hold) and VEC, both of which are terrific companies imo and could also prove extremely valuable. They also have around £150k of DEMG.

But the unquoted holdings are interesting - Networks by Wireless and Jacobs Rimell are both profitable with lots of recent news flow on their web sites indicating excellent expansion moves. These could be worth a fair bit more than currently shown at some point (not sure about Burgundy Global though) - hopefully these will IPO or be sold now that they're nicely profitable.

Anyway, I thought it worth a long-term punt on a tiny m/cap with a (generally) impressive portfolio.

PS : you can often buy inside the spread with GTW...

rivaldo
21/10/2006
18:43
I've just noticed this while glancing through the ITs in the FT today - the widest discount in the (ordinary ITs) list, around 42%.

The last annual report (March 06) has a complete list of holdings, so it shouldn't be too hard to compute the ongoing NAV.

Of course, buying GTW now in the market is a problem, with the wide spread and, of course, no tax advantages.

jonwig
20/7/2006
07:14
Saranntel through the floor today now only 12p.What affect on GTW VCT as was valued at 22p in Jan? quite a reversal of prospects. at one tinme SLG was the golden share. and GTW has options on another chunk at 33p!!!
gelp
29/5/2006
07:05
Sorry. Mixed up my monitors. Biotrace and Dawmed not in portfolio of GTW!
BioFOCUS was taken over by GLPG galpagos. Seems to have 3 listings, aim ofex and euronext. I cannot see the price.cash or shares about sept last year. no mention on November results announcement from GTW. Its all bit confusing. Perhaps next statement will clarify.

gelp
04/5/2006
17:59
Hi Gelp. Yep, still around in GTW. This is a bit more of a long-term investment than I thought because of SLG! But GTW had 52p of NAV at 31/12/05, and with SLG well up since then, plus VEC, PGB and OMG all performing well my back of the envelope tells me NAV is now over 60p against a 37p share price.

If SLG starts to perform it'll be time to pile in. And looking at GTW's unquoted investments' web sites, they seem to have sharpened up their acts and are looking better too.

I think I'll start a new GTW thread when I get time.

rivaldo
14/9/2005
18:45
Pawns,
I bought 1k of these in april cos they have some good govenment contracts, and the price was down, yes i know its fallen further. However, the price was $6.92 in Dec 04, and they have got new distribution contracts breaking into the UK market with some good value laptops and desktops through Staples and Comet , so lets hope that xmas 05 is as good as xmas 04.
Will buy some more when I have funds available, and it starts to rise.

rgds
rb

roybel
22/12/2004
19:18
Maybe I can't discuss American stocks... oh well worth a try

Seasons Greetings all..............................

pawsnjaws
22/12/2004
19:17
Now the charts have all gone.. Now I am worried.... Ha Ha
pawsnjaws
Chat Pages: 2  1

Your Recent History

Delayed Upgrade Clock