ADVFN Logo ADVFN

We could not find any results for:
Make sure your spelling is correct or try broadening your search.

Trending Now

Toplists

It looks like you aren't logged in.
Click the button below to log in and view your recent history.

Hot Features

Registration Strip Icon for discussion Register to chat with like-minded investors on our interactive forums.

NBR Namibian Res

0.00 (0.00%)
23 Apr 2024 - Closed
Delayed by 15 minutes
Share Name Share Symbol Market Type Share ISIN Share Description
Namibian Res LSE:NBR London Ordinary Share GB0034380625 ORD 1P
  Price Change % Change Share Price Bid Price Offer Price High Price Low Price Open Price Shares Traded Last Trade
  0.00 0.00% 0.325 - 0.00 01:00:00
Industry Sector Turnover Profit EPS - Basic PE Ratio Market Cap
0 0 N/A 0

Namibian Resources Share Discussion Threads

Showing 2901 to 2920 of 2925 messages
Chat Pages: 117  116  115  114  113  112  111  110  109  108  107  106  Older
DateSubjectAuthorDiscuss
17/7/2015
10:14
I am just lurking here
bad robot
17/7/2015
10:07
Pull people in then the sells come and you're locked in
letmepass
14/5/2015
18:28
Set limit sell just to stop shorters getting their hand on your shares and use it against you
tr4der1
20/3/2015
18:40
Meson - I wish you luck with your large holding moving forward.
ncp3
20/3/2015
18:03
I am in a similar position to you - long time, large holding.
However I adopt the approach of 'in for a penny, in for a pound' and am going to see this through to the end. After all my big losses have been made and any further losses are small, in percentage terms at least.... and looked at positively I have the opportunity for bigger potential CGT losses!!

Anyway one has to be optimistic and i note that the number of shares bought and sold today approximately matched. And i would prefer to think that current and former directors are honorable people and that loans were converted to shares to clean-up the balance sheet rather than to allow them to dump their shares and run. I would think their good names are worth more to them than the relatively small sums they will recover now. For all we know they are preparing the BS for the reversal of some other mining venture into NBR. As I say, i like to remain optimistic as it's much more pleasant to being a pessimist....... and I haven't gone bust yet!

meson
18/3/2015
13:53
Expecting the usual pump and dump suspects to arrive any minute
21trader
13/3/2015
22:31
Clever stuff by the Directors. Today's volume could have allowed them to sell all their 'shares in lieu of loans'. We'll only know if/when they RNS revised shareholding numbers.
They managed to get some cash back the way they've done it. There was no chance of ever getting it out at yesterday's m/cap so they set an issue price which (just) avoided Lord Wotshisname being obliged to bid (the 30% threshold). The increase in value of their existing holdings as a result of the share price rise has gone some way to compensate them for losing about half on the 'private loans'.
If they hadn't done it they may never have seen any of that loan money again.
It does simultaneously clean up the balance sheet, but it doesn't bode well for sentiment as it implies there's no value left here other than as a shell.

Cleverly done, albeit selfishly (and without consideration for smaller shareholders). I suppose they could argue that they gave such other shareholders a chance to get out at a premium to the recent lows.

IMPO/DYOR/NAI
Jo

PS. No position - just observing.

jojo_jo
13/3/2015
13:33
Interesting reading from RNS dated 18/11/14... oil & gas in West Africa!!

Work on bringing new projects in to the Company is now accelerating, and I believe that the Company is now well placed to move forward. The initial intention was to bring in coal projects, but the market perception of coal projects in Southern Africa has mitigated against this. The directors are evaluating a small copper project in Northern Cape Province, South Africa, which could bring early positive cash flow as well as providing a stepping stone to other copper projects in that area. Also currently under consideration are a kimberlite diamond mine in South Africa and an onshore oil and gas project in West Africa. Either of these would require the publication of a new admission document, and it must be stressed that discussions remain at an early stage.

stephentroughton
13/3/2015
12:59
Well exactly 20 years ago was my best ever year on them.
Now they are really bad as pub machines just cost way too much for even a feature.
In Swansea only the Carousel is worth going to for some of the old machines that are still there.

tivoliworldgaming
13/3/2015
12:53
mm's are laughing in this shutting down buy limits at 1.5p now paying way higher gold mine for them
21trader
13/3/2015
12:51
Good luck Stephen.

Fruit machines were a gold mine 20 years ago. Not now avoid them if you can.

21trader
13/3/2015
12:50
you were warned pump and dump by 21twitter
singer8
13/3/2015
12:47
I only really started to make the effort again last year in February.
After accepting I will never have a penny to my name if I just keep on wasting my weekly income on fruit machines and going out with never getting anywhere for myself in a social way.

Since then I have built up to 5K spread into 6 different shares. The next stage will be to save and earn another 4K for seeking RNS opportunities. I love to think I can be fussy enough for it to take me a week to find a decent enough RNS. That way I should win every time.

For RNS seeking during the last two months my track record so far is AFRG (+£80), CLP (£345 left in and suspended) and FRX bought £485 at 0.55p and still holding with them now at 0.70p.

tivoliworldgaming
13/3/2015
12:44
And there you go. Back to 1.5p bid but does it have one more spike in it to buy now ?
21trader
13/3/2015
12:31
tiv

You have learned a lot from the old days. Sometimes they keep climbing but if you miss the lows then move on. Overall it will save you lots.

21trader
13/3/2015
12:27
21trader,

Going by the chart and news my limit would of been 1.5p.
If I missed that then I would of just waited another day for
a better RNS. I see we having a good day with CRND.

tivoliworldgaming
13/3/2015
12:09
warning pump and dump by 21twitter

filter 21trader it is 21twitter/twitterman/lightfield/cloudburst/enviropaul he is on a mission with the multiple names again

singer8
13/3/2015
12:06
ps...

filter singer8 it is twitterman/lightfield/cloudburst/enviropaul he is on a mission with the multiple names again

21trader
13/3/2015
12:05
tiv

I did buy then they shook the hell out of it. I was £1000 down in seconds. Bought loads at 1.5p as well did not panic. Just sold some at 2.2p on the way up not sure if it's running out of steam again not for the faint hearted the mm's are constantly closing down the online limits both ways.

21trader
13/3/2015
12:03
If I had funds and seen the RNS. Then I would of bought in straight away.
I look forward to the day of when I can be in that position with many lots of
£400 for this type of in and out RNS opportunity.

tivoliworldgaming
Chat Pages: 117  116  115  114  113  112  111  110  109  108  107  106  Older

Your Recent History

Delayed Upgrade Clock