ADVFN Logo ADVFN

We could not find any results for:
Make sure your spelling is correct or try broadening your search.

Trending Now

Toplists

It looks like you aren't logged in.
Click the button below to log in and view your recent history.

Hot Features

Registration Strip Icon for discussion Register to chat with like-minded investors on our interactive forums.

IDS International Distributions Services Plc

-0.60 (-0.22%)
18 Apr 2024 - Closed
Delayed by 15 minutes
Share Name Share Symbol Market Type Share ISIN Share Description
International Distributions Services Plc LSE:IDS London Ordinary Share GB00BDVZYZ77 ORD 1P
  Price Change % Change Share Price Bid Price Offer Price High Price Low Price Open Price Shares Traded Last Trade
  -0.60 -0.22% 275.40 272.40 272.80 288.60 260.00 285.20 7,305,414 16:35:08
Industry Sector Turnover Profit EPS - Basic PE Ratio Market Cap
Business Services, Nec 12.04B -873M -0.9126 -2.98 2.61B
International Distributions Services Plc is listed in the Business Services sector of the London Stock Exchange with ticker IDS. The last closing price for International Distributi... was 276p. Over the last year, International Distributi... shares have traded in a share price range of 191.20p to 290.40p.

International Distributi... currently has 956,567,218 shares in issue. The market capitalisation of International Distributi... is £2.61 billion. International Distributi... has a price to earnings ratio (PE ratio) of -2.98.

International Distributi... Share Discussion Threads

Showing 3426 to 3449 of 3450 messages
Chat Pages: 138  137  136  135  134  133  132  131  130  129  128  127  Older
DateSubjectAuthorDiscuss
18/4/2024
22:44
The Press should lay off RM. Every Company has to deal with fakes and forgeries and they don't get blamed for it. The Times and the Telegraph have been very aggressive towards RM since pre Covid and will chastise them about everything and anything even though much of it is not under their control.
I get all my Mail and have had no real issues but they always find some wannabe with a sad story about how their Gas Bill arrived 10 days after it should have been paid and now they are bankrupt because of it.
I don't get any Bills now everything is direct debit and online and that is the case with most people whether we like or not. I know people who still want to go to the Council Tax office and pay their Council Tax and get a receipt after queuing for two hours.
These people need help!

isis
18/4/2024
21:17
Sunak is a very dangerous Man and appears to have a hidden agenda a bit like Blairs Government did with mass immigration.
He only want's to see his name in the history books, hence his determination to stop smoking and take peoples freedoms away.
RM needs reform and he won't allow it and has made it a personal issue. If it falls into foreign hands it will all happen anyway and the UK loses another institution to a Foreigner for a song. I think an offer would have had to be North of £6 pre covid and with reform they could get back there. Shareholders have had to bear with this pain in the Rse with a biased press for the past few years only to see it take on the cheap.

isis
18/4/2024
20:01
The main benefit I see of having an overseas owner is that it might finally hit them that they are not a Nationalised Industry anymore.
I know a Postman in the local and have engaged him on his thoughts but he just goes into a Stalinist rant after about two minutes, especially if i mention it's not owned by the Government or the Unions !
He also owns shares but can't grasp the concept and that I'm afraid is one of the biggest problems here.

isis
18/4/2024
19:51
Who better to own RMG than the CWU!!!! They could have the most wonderful pay and conditions for their members
casholaa
18/4/2024
19:50
Nahh gotta be £4+ and that's a good deal now. It's also gotta go through before Labour get in so as to hive-off gls from rmg, dump rmg and merge gls with another entity. Government can gift rmg to the CWU or flog it to them for £1.
casholaa
18/4/2024
18:16
Well said careful.

I'll be honest I'd have probably taken £3.20 to get rid of this and move on.

It's got no chance of ever being what it should be under the current Management.

Too many Clueless Cooks in the Kitchen imo anyway.

jason29
18/4/2024
16:22
The Chinese own our biggest car manufacturer, and what is left of our Steel Industry.
Often they get huge subsidies to take them out, then they attempt to make them viable businesses.

RMG..IDS are similar, it needs new ownership to run it as a proper efficient business.
It will die without it. Amazon will eat their lunch, they must love crushing such inept competition.

Such potential, but tough decisions must be made, being sentimental about the simplicities of the past will not get the problem solved

Huge potential here if it was properly managed. A test case for anti business basket case UK.

careful
18/4/2024
16:05
Afternoon all,

Had a bit of time to digest the pros and cons of the offer and had an "out of the box" thought.

How about Kretinski makes an improved offer, all the usual "prized institution" and "national security" concerns are trotted out, everyone gets all worked up about a foreigner owning a British company and Dan says......OK, keep your "envy of the world postal system, I'll make a bid for only GLS!

Not an institution, no danger to security, not even a UK based company. What arguments do you have now?

Very much second prize for him but I would bet my last pound he'd settle for it.

All IMHO and pure conjecture but.......

NMRN

not my real name
18/4/2024
12:38
What Is International Distributions Services's Debt? at the end of September 2023, International Distributions Services had UK£1.60b of debt, up from UK£933.0m a year ago. However, because it has a cash reserve of UK£1.50b, its net debt is less, at about UK£101.0m.2 Feb 2024
isis
18/4/2024
12:31
Well it's only £2billion off the mark! but hey ;-)

International Distributions Services PLC
LON: IDS
Market Summary
>
International Distributions Services PLC
2.57 billion

GBP
Market capitalisation

isis
18/4/2024
12:26
£4.5billion would be nearer a fiver not 320p FT sort it out!
isis
18/4/2024
12:22
And the FT of all Newspapers says that IDS rejects £4.5billion bid? Now how did they work that out when there are only Shares 958m shares in Issue? Let's round that up to 1billion so x 320p errrr £4.5billion??

Royal Mail owner rejects £4.5bn takeover bid from Czech billionaire Daniel Křetínský

isis
18/4/2024
12:04
So what will Sunak say when it's owned by a Foreign entity? errr you can't do this you can't do that etc.? errr, NO they will just FO not your deal mate!
Bit like the Suez Canal...........WE own not YOU!

isis
18/4/2024
12:01
The Guardian disagrees........and Kretinsky himself said I think there should be shareholders but only one! ME! -))

For multiple reasons – the heritage, the spirit of the company – it’s good if every British citizen can invest in the shares,” Daniel Křetínský told the Sunday Times a year ago, seemingly ruling out a takeover bid for International Distributions Services, the group that owns the Royal Mail. Now, from the position of 27% ownership, he has made an offer.

Czech billionaires, like everybody else, are free to change their mind, but this U-turn requires a better explanation than the one Křetínský’s privately owned EP Group offered on Wednesday. The new line is that Royal Mail “would benefit from being able to take a longer-term view” and that EP is “prepared to support this iconic business as it transforms and rebuilds into a modern postal operator”.

isis
18/4/2024
11:49
Far from Nationalising it - Labour apparently supports it! Perhaps a back handed snub to Cable and Cameron for Privatising it in the first place?
Oh and the fuss it was sold off too cheaply, yet years later it's sold to Czech under par who supports West Ham!
Alf Garnet would be turning in his Grave - or would he? hmmm lol

isis
18/4/2024
11:47
Not My Real Name,

You're quite right the unions behave as if it's still 1965. If they had anything about them they would have got their members to pool their shares when the company was floated. But they're just actors on the stage of the Far Left, still giving the same show since circa 1949. They should be in a museum.

It would be interesting if the takeover goes through, and we see this able gentleman, ignore OFCOM and just enact the changes that anyone with half a brain can see need to be made. If he ignores OFCOM, what are they going to do, shut down RM?

The potential for efficiencies are huge, and one could claim to be hugely reducing the 'carbon footprint' (true) whilst making the thing highly profitable.

lefrene
18/4/2024
11:35
The potential offer is pitched at around 50pc above the price prior to the proposal. If the Board think it is significantly undervalued at 320p, then they should have a plan to reduced the gulf between their perceived value and the actual market capitalisation prior to the bid. The current price has a factor built in for bid hopes which if rejected would evaporate.

I think a bid is welcome at 320p since this Board has not managed to achieve that price or anywhere near it.

yasx
18/4/2024
11:32
Yes they are poles apart right now and my thoughts remain the same that the gap will not be closed enough to get a deal done.

DK moves to 350 but the board want 400+ I suspect = no thanks.

Good luck all 👍🏻

tuftymatt
18/4/2024
11:29
This is what happens when you have a Free market with undervalued assets. Can you blame Kretensky? He is just taking advantage of the markets.
BT is in a similar and very vulnerable position, whereby two foreign investors own nearly 40%

isis
18/4/2024
11:16
'The Board, together with its advisers, carefully considered the Possible Offer and concluded it significantly undervalues IDS and its future prospects. Accordingly, the Board unanimously rejected the proposal on 11 April 2024.'

'significantly'

isis
18/4/2024
11:10
If it's floated and there is no Golden share then it's game, not much Government can do about it.
IDS needs to make a good defense on how much and their advisors think they are worth.

It's a potshot to see what investors think,if they make a formal bid it probably won't be over 400p - maybe 350p - 370p or so.

isis
18/4/2024
10:56
complex trading going on according to rns.
hard to understand.

They are always up to something.

Bidder has a vested interest in the share price falling if he is serious about taking the company out with a slightly higher bid.

...What a tangled web we weave......

careful
18/4/2024
10:50
hxxps://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/czech-billionaire-daniel-kretinsky-considers-bid-for-royal-mail-8hkxdfhh0

Labour would not object to a takeover.

justiceforthemany
18/4/2024
10:45
Price action in the last hour suggests someone is still buying.
samdb
Chat Pages: 138  137  136  135  134  133  132  131  130  129  128  127  Older

Your Recent History

Delayed Upgrade Clock