ADVFN Logo ADVFN

We could not find any results for:
Make sure your spelling is correct or try broadening your search.

Trending Now

Toplists

It looks like you aren't logged in.
Click the button below to log in and view your recent history.

Hot Features

Registration Strip Icon for discussion Register to chat with like-minded investors on our interactive forums.

FIT Framltn.IN.Gwth

0.00 (0.00%)
Last Updated: 01:00:00
Delayed by 15 minutes
Share Name Share Symbol Market Type Share ISIN Share Description
Framltn.IN.Gwth LSE:FIT London Ordinary Share GB0008906322 ORD 25P
  Price Change % Change Share Price Bid Price Offer Price High Price Low Price Open Price Shares Traded Last Trade
  0.00 0.00% 318.50 - 0.00 01:00:00
Industry Sector Turnover Profit EPS - Basic PE Ratio Market Cap
0 0 N/A 0

Framlington Share Discussion Threads

Chat Pages: 1
DateSubjectAuthorDiscuss
07/2/2011
21:36
The only way I will get thinner & fitter is by not eating so much and taking a bit more exercise.
sir rational
07/2/2011
21:05
Not yet any progress to report.
sir rational
07/2/2011
21:01
ed, leave that f'cking cyder alone
r0l0b0l0
28/1/2011
16:18
As yet, no progress.
sir rational
16/1/2011
17:58
No progress so far.
sir rational
11/1/2011
17:34
Body Mass Index (BMI) Calculator

To calculate your BMI simply enter your weight and height below and click the calculate button. You can enter your weight and height in either metric OR imperial measures.

Remember that BMI calculation is aimed only at healthy adults. It is not suitable for use by chidren, the elderly, pregnant or breastfeeding women or people with a high muscle content such as atheletes.

The calculator will translate your BMI into a meaningful message with suggested actions to either maintain or improve your weight.

Result: Your Body Mass Index (BMI) is: 25.1

What does this mean?
A BMI index under 18.4 suggests that you are underweight. Being underweight can lead to health problems such as malnutrition, loss of bone density and disrupted periods in women.

The diet of underweight people is often lacking in calories. Underweight people may also be burning off more calories than they are taking in due to excessive exercise. You should contact your GP or health professional to discuss how you can safely change your diet and lifestyle so that you become a healthy weight. This will probably involve increasing the amount of calories that you take in via your food and drink per day as part of a healthy balanced diet.

A BMI index of between 18.5 and 24.9 indicates that you are an ideal weight for your height. This means that you are less at risk from developing serious health problems such as heart disease and diabetes.

You should aim to eat a well balanced diet and exercise for at least 30 minutes a day to help maintain this healthy weight. As well as this you could help improve your health further by reducing the amount of salt in your diet and if you smoke, stop smoking.

A BMI of between 25 and 29.9 indicates that you are over your ideal weight range. This can lead to major diseases such as diabetes and heart disease.

You should aim to lower the number of calories you intake as part of a well balanced diet. More gentle exercise will help reduce your weight by burning more calories and will also increase your general energy levels. Exercise for at least 30 minutes a day and reduce 'snacking' between meals. Aim to lose around 1 - 2 pounds (1KG) per week until you reach your ideal weight.

A BMI of between 30 and 39.9 means that you are obese (significantly overweight). This can reduce your life expectancy and cause general tiredness as well as more serious health conditions such as high blood pressure, heart disease, osteoarthritis and type II diabetes.

You should aim for steady weight loss by eating a well balanced diet that contains lots of fresh fruit and vegetables and that contains fewer calories than your current diet. You should try to exercise more, once you start exercising regularly you will feel more energetic and find it easier. You should consult your health professional to discuss the changes you intend to make.

A BMI of over 40 indicates that you are very obese. This can reduce life expectancy and cause serious health issues such as heart disease, high blood pressure and type II diabetes.

You can help to reduce your weight by reducing the amount of calories you consume in your diet. This means reducing fizzy drinks, high fat snacks such as crisps, biscuits, sweets etc. Try and cut out any snacking between meals. If you want to start a an exercise program but lack the confidence speak to your GP or health professional who will be able to advise you on types of suitable exercise, support groups and suitable clubs / facilities. If you find motivating yourself hard then clubs or support groups can help with this.

sir rational
11/1/2011
17:17
Well, I'll kick off.

89.5kg this morning after breakfast.

Should be thinner, I will target 86kg by 1st March.

sir rational
11/1/2011
17:14
OK this thread is for fat men who want to get fit in 2011.

Too much turkey? Too much pud?

Fat b@stard?

Spare tyre?

Scales say 'get off!'?

This thread's for you.

Post your weight NOW and your DESIRED WEIGHT and the STEPS YOU ARE TAKING to achieve desired weight.

Simples.

No girls.

sir rational
09/6/2004
12:25
I know I'm leaning against an open door here, after seeing what happened to Ken Bachelor when he asked for car advice, but I'm willing to risk it ;)

The crux of the matter is that I can't always get to the gym, and, even if I can, at peak times it's often hard to find a vacant machine.

Running outside is not too good in winter, or if it's raining, and I think that running on pavements takes its toll on the old knees.

Anyway, I fancy treating myself to a motorised treadmill for home use. I can't stretch to the £4k for the commercial models like most gyms use (I'm not sure I could get one of those upstairs anyway), but I quite fancy one of the 'cheaper' folding models with set programs for inclination & so on.

Trouble is that there seems to be maybe 10 competing models in the £500 to £1,000 range, and I can't seem to find any reviews on the web.

If anyone has any good (or bad) experiences in this area, then I'd be grateful if you'd share them. I'm particularly thinking about long term spares availability / support.

Thanks in advance for any replies,

Larousse.

larousse
02/5/2004
09:29
I got it wrong with FIT somehow,
and have started a new LAND thread on the FBB:
"Raw Land: Hidden Values and Speculations":

energyi
25/4/2004
16:38
Sorry but what is the land connection with FIT?
timely
15/3/2004
22:05
thnx for the comments DJ

the FIT portfolio is different than I thought.
I may move to a LAND url

energyi
14/3/2004
23:16
energyi
Good thread, odd name

I have read your other thread on PBB

Tried the 2 above urls
The top one (moneyworld) does not lead to any quoted company that I could find

The lower one is prohibited entry

Without doubt land is a superior investment, especially medium or long term

It takes courage and often sacrifice to purchase land, eg debt risk
In lean times not always easy to sell
Shares in land companies will have their own down phases as well
jal

djalan
14/3/2004
22:08
SOME GROUND RENT related Funds...

Acre Property
Brandeaux - Ground Rent Income II Ltd
Brandeaux - Ground Rent Portfolio Plus
Brandeaux British Ground Rent
Brandeaux Ground Rent Income
Brandeaux Ground Rent Portfolio Ltd
Fiduciary Global Property Securities (??)

...MORE:

- - -
There are now institutional products available, which invest in residential property:
Company.................... Product
Close Brothers............. Capital Appreciation Trust
Aberdeen Property Investors Regent Residential Partnership
Schroders.................. Residential Property Unit Trust
ING Barings................ Baring, Houston & Saunders Residential Fund

@: policy105576363317409-1.pdf

energyi
14/3/2004
21:21
The PBB thread,
LINK:

energyi