ADVFN Logo ADVFN

We could not find any results for:
Make sure your spelling is correct or try broadening your search.

Trending Now

Toplists

It looks like you aren't logged in.
Click the button below to log in and view your recent history.

Hot Features

Registration Strip Icon for discussion Register to chat with like-minded investors on our interactive forums.

MAT Matica

0.00 (0.00%)
Last Updated: 01:00:00
Delayed by 15 minutes
Share Name Share Symbol Market Type Share ISIN Share Description
Matica LSE:MAT London Ordinary Share GB00B1S4QS09 ORD 5P
  Price Change % Change Share Price Bid Price Offer Price High Price Low Price Open Price Shares Traded Last Trade
  0.00 0.00% 4.75 - 0.00 01:00:00
Industry Sector Turnover Profit EPS - Basic PE Ratio Market Cap
0 0 N/A 0

Matisse Share Discussion Threads

Showing 351 to 371 of 375 messages
Chat Pages: 15  14  13  12  11  10  9  8  7  6  5  4  Older
DateSubjectAuthorDiscuss
19/5/2013
19:29
ANYONE STILL HERE?

I got left holding the baby i.e didnt sell out

I've now recieved a share certificate in the post for 1,500 nominal shares, worth 150 CHF.

How can i find out current value?
and most important, how can i sell these things now that they're not listed on AIM?

Feeling desperate, even though I know its probably only a couple of hundred pounds in total.

Any help appreciated
thanks

anusol
03/2/2010
07:57
RNS Number : 5778G
Matica Plc
03 February 2010

Requisition of Extraordinary General Meeting

The Board of the Company announces that it yesterday received a written requisition notice from the Company's Chief Executive and major shareholder, Sandro Camilleri, (the "Requisition Notice") to convene an extraordinary general meeting of the Company (the "EGM").

Mr Camilleri holds 5,562,000 shares or 18.43% of the Company directly. In addition to his personal shareholding, Sandro Camilleri wholly owns and controls S.C.L. Holdings SA, owns a majority holding in Manplus Holding PTE Ltd and controls Ramada Holdings Pte Ltd and Barnfield-SGPC LDA. The total amount of shares in the Company which Mr Camilleri is deemed to control is, therefore, 19,688,277 or 65.24% of the total issued share capital.

Mr Camilleri has requested that a special resolution be put to shareholders at the EGM to cancel the admission of the Company's shares to trading on AIM.

The directors of the Company are preparing a circular which will be made available to all shareholders and will set out further information relating to and arising from the Requisition Notice. In accordance with the Companies Act 2006 the directors are required to post the notice of the EGM within 21 days from receipt of the written requisition.

Just as I thought - see post #124 above !

Glad that I never invested here and hope that a few that did are not still holding any shares. Delisting is always a risk when there is a dominent individual shareholder with more than 50% of the shares.

masurenguy
02/12/2009
17:18
No wonder westhouse have bucketloads left , needing the capital for working capital is no good, they need to grow the company and make some sort of return, otherwise its a slippery slope to oblivion.
jotoha2
01/4/2009
11:12
all sounds good to me - haven't done any analysis on this company for a while, but tempted to add for the long term.
anusol
01/4/2009
07:56
RNS Number : 8757P
Matica Plc
01 April 2009

Unaudited Preliminary Results for the Year ended 31 December 2008

HIGHLIGHTS
* Revenues for the 12 months to December 2008 increased by 12%, to EUR14.6m (2007: EUR13.0m)

* Return to profitability, with profit before tax of EUR1,079,000 (2007 loss of EUR1,379,000)

* Profit after tax of EUR427,000 (2007: loss after tax of EUR1,789,000)

* Positive cash-inflow from operations of EUR881,000 versus cash outflow of EUR566,000 in 2007

* Opening of sales office in Singapore

* Expansion of sales offices in Americas post establishment of sales offices in July 2008

* Assumed 100% ownership of Matica Americas on 31 March 2009, providing a strong base for the Company to expand in the US, Canadian and Latin American markets

* New products developed which are expected to be introduced to markets in the near future

Sandro Camilleri, CEO of Matica commented: "2008 was a successful year for Matica. Despite the challenging economic environment, we have delivered strong sales growth which resulted from the successful expansion of our global distribution network and continuous product innovation. While we expect the difficult trading conditions to continue in 2009, we are confident that demand for our products from existing and the new markets we have entered will mean we can build upon our success in 2008. The Group is now in a much stronger financial position and we are focused on continuing to develop our presence internationally in order to exploit current trends, such as the switch to from a magnetic strip to smart cards, which are driving increases in card usage globally."

masurenguy
01/11/2008
15:58
These have virtually doubled over the past 2 weeks on no news !
masurenguy
26/9/2008
17:59
Recommended as a Buy at 26.5p by GCI this week.
masurenguy
14/9/2008
11:26
New company website has been launched. Header updated accordingly.
masurenguy
20/7/2008
09:53
Matica edges up on U.S. JV and in-line trading

LONDON (Thomson Financial) - Progress was seen in Matica, a designer and maker of card issuance machines, whose shares edged up 2 pence to 33-1/2 pence following news of a joint venture with a U.S. partner. Meanwhile, Matica's trading in 2008 has not been impacted by the downturn in the global economic climate and continues to be ahead of 2007 and in line with management's expectations for the year.

masurenguy
04/7/2008
12:33
A 10k sell sends the offer down 8p and a 50k buy today sends it up not a jot. The MMs don't want to hold this one.
hebgb
03/7/2008
14:34
Just shows how crazy the market is where illiquid small caps are concerned. MatIca dropped 22.5% today on one sell of 10,000 shares @20p, which was 40% below the spread of 33/38p. The spread was then marked down to 25/30p.

There has not been any negative newsflow lately and the company only recently announced two new contracts worth 1.5m Euros. This was only the third trade over the past 2 weeks following a 10k sale on Monday and a 3k sale last week. Somebody must be really desperate to sell at such a huge discount to the Bid !

Just illustrates how prices for illiquid small caps can be manipulated in the credit crunch climate. Fortunately I've still not taken any position here !

masurenguy
19/6/2008
18:11
Matica Announces New Contract Wins
RNS Number : 0334X
19 June 2008

New Contract Wins worth over EUR1 million

Matica PLC, the AIM quoted Company which designs and manufactures card personalisation machines, is pleased to announce it has won two contracts together worth over EUR1 million to supply SAETIC - Sociedad Anonima Espanola de Tarjetas de Identificacion y Credito and Eurobank with several hundred machines.

Matica will supply Saetic with the Z1i machine, the smallest and most cost efficient electronic card embosser on the market. The Z1i are desktop solutions which personalises cards on demand. Matica's machines will be used for personalising cards issued to truck drivers in Spain to ensure each vehicle's speedometer complies with speed limits and is road worthy, as required by law.

Matica has secured an order with Eurobank worth approximately EUR500,000, to supply their branches in Poland and Ukraine with the Z3i, an instant issuance desk top embosser, which allows banks to issue credit and debit cards on
the spot in their local branches. This service allows cards to be used immediately, improving service to bank customers and eliminating the security risk involved in sending cards through the post.

Sandro Camilleri, CEO of Matica, said: "We are delighted to have secured two significant contracts with Saetic and EuroBank. These orders reflect the adaptability of our product range and the increasing trend for large corporates and financial services companies to decentralise their card manufacturing requirements, enabling cards to be produced locally and therefore more rapidly and more securely. Overall demand for card personalisation machines remains strong driven by the growth in credit card use, technological changes such as the switch from magnetic cards to smart cards and continued global concerns over security and safety."

masurenguy
19/6/2008
15:11
From The Times
June 19, 2008

Rumour of the day.

Matica, the AIM-listed maker of card-personalisation machines, closed flat at 40p despite speculation
that today it would announce two contracts worth more than €1m (£790,000) to supply several hundred
machines to two companies in Europe. Matica's machines mean that cards can be used immediately,
improving service to bank customers.

masurenguy
28/5/2008
16:55
Well got a reply from Mr Holland - i'm not entirely convinced. Will continue to monitor no further investment just yet.

Dear Sir,

First I want to thank you for investing in Matica. We believe the company is pursuing an effective strategy for growth and success in the card personalization industry.

I have not seen the article in Moneyweek that you refer too. But I have never said that Datacard, of which I was CEO of for ten years, was years behind in the development of embedded chip smartcards and their ability to provide to a growing global demand. It is my understanding that the development of the smart card development system, that formed the center of the white paper you referred to, was abandoned after the white paper was published. Datacard, to my knowledge, has stopped all efforts related to the development of embedded chip smartcards, and now focuses exclusively on equipment for the personalization of cards - as does Matica. What I have pointed out, in public discussions, is that Matica, as an European developer of card personalization equipment, is closer to the market for smart cards - which is led by European technology.

I hope this provides some clarity on the white paper and my recent comments. Thanks again for your investment and your inquiry.

Sincerely,

Gary Holland

escondido
22/5/2008
17:22
mention in moneyweek - looks interesting. Need to restore confidence with solid figs and new contracts.
Improved newsflow as touched on before would not go amiss.
Watching and waiting

Not sure i agree with ceo's opinion about being the only option for embedded chip card designs.
The following white paper was produced in 2001 by Datacard and the development is now well advanced if not complete.
Surely this must have a huge impact on mat potential.

escondido
09/4/2008
23:59
Share price down by 60% since they listed on AIM last year.
Sales in 2007 flat and a 2006 PTP of E1.8m was turned into a loss of E1.4m.

Can't see a compelling investment case yet which is why I've still not invested here !

masurenguy
07/2/2008
12:48
I was thinking the same thing here - a big fall like that with the company stating they do not know why is intriguing.
whonosewhy
07/2/2008
12:24
actually, is this a great buyin op? not sure what forecasts are, but previous turnver £13m, profit £1.8m and now mkt cap is a silly £4m! All seems good to me

main problem is illiquidity of these shares.

anusol
07/2/2008
12:20
well at least an RNS to support the price now. Suppose MAT didnt really track down with the general market, so a bit of catch up was due.
anusol
06/2/2008
09:21
funny thing is that it looks like the drop is not based on huge amounts of sales recorded - so perhaps someone has informed the mm's they want to sell out in a large way and the only way to draw buyers in is to drop the price.

I guess the question is why does someone want to sell out in a large way or is it more a case of some news sneaking out?

whonosewhy
06/2/2008
02:15
i can smell something rather fishy here.... another trimuph for the AIM market. what a farce.
anusol
Chat Pages: 15  14  13  12  11  10  9  8  7  6  5  4  Older

Your Recent History

Delayed Upgrade Clock