ADVFN Logo

We could not find any results for:
Make sure your spelling is correct or try broadening your search.

Trending Now

Toplists

It looks like you aren't logged in.
Click the button below to log in and view your recent history.

Hot Features

Registration Strip Icon for discussion Register to chat with like-minded investors on our interactive forums.

TCT Cayenne Tst

0.00 (0.00%)
Last Updated: 00:00:00
Delayed by 15 minutes
Share Name Share Symbol Market Type Share ISIN Share Description
Cayenne Tst LSE:TCT London Ordinary Share GB0006369119 ORD 25P
  Price Change % Change Share Price Bid Price Offer Price High Price Low Price Open Price Shares Traded Last Trade
  0.00 0.00% 157.50 - 0.00 00:00:00
Industry Sector Turnover Profit EPS - Basic PE Ratio Market Cap
0 0 N/A 0

Cayenne Trust Share Discussion Threads

Showing 126 to 146 of 150 messages
Chat Pages: 6  5  4  3  2  1
DateSubjectAuthorDiscuss
28/6/2013
07:09
UPDATE - Sirius Minerals milestone as it signs off-take deal with the Chinese
By Ian Lyall June 27 2013, 12:23pm

Fertilizers are the key to Chinese agriculture, which is having to support a fast expanding population.Fertilizers are the key to Chinese agriculture, which is having to support a fast expanding population.
---ADDS SHARE PRICE AND BROKER COMMENTS---

Sirius Minerals (LON:SXX) said it has signed a one-million tonne a year off-take agreement for polyhalite produced at its York Potash project.
The 10-year deal, starting 2017, is with the Yunnan TCT Yong-Zhe Company (TCT) of China.

lucky_punter
24/1/2009
14:41
Can anyone tell me the terms of conversion for the CULS?

Edit found it on the website

Conversion
CULS may be converted into Ordinary shares on 31 January and 31 July each year. A letter is sent to
holders of CULS not less than one month before the dates of conversion reminding CULS holders of
their right to convert and setting out the deadlines for lodgement of conversion notices. The conversion
rate for each £100 in nominal value of CULS is 70.77 Ordinary shares.

praipus
04/4/2002
09:15
Are you Mike the Mechanic of "taxi" fame?
the bearer
04/4/2002
09:11
From Inland Revenue site.

Does anyone know the exact date of company deemed to become negligable value. I try to contact inland revenue but was passed from various dept and was then cut off.

Claiming loss relief

104. How do I claim loss relief?

To claim relief for an allowable loss against income, you must give written notice to your Tax Office within twelve months from the first 31 January following the 'tax year' in which the disposal takes place. There is no special form for claiming loss relief. You can claim either by making an entry on your tax return or by writing to your Tax Office.

If income tax relief is attributable to the shares, loss relief is claimed under section 574 of the Income and Corporation Taxes Act 1988 as applied by section 305A of that Act.

If income tax relief is not attributable to the shares, loss relief is claimed under section 574 of the Income and Corporation Taxes Act 1988.

In your claim you should specify the source of the loss, the tax year of the loss, and the tax year for which income is to be relieved. If the amount of the loss exceeds your taxable income for either of the two years for which loss relief can be claimed, you should claim to have the loss relieved against income in both those years.

105. How do I make a claim that shares have become of negligible value?

There is no special claim form for assets which have become of negligible value -you can claim either by making an entry on your tax return or by writing to your Tax Office. The claim should state that you wish to make a deemed disposal of the shares under section 24(2) of the Taxation of Chargeable Gains Act 1992. In such circumstances, the date on which the loss arises will usually be the date of the claim, but you may specify an earlier date for the deemed disposal in your claim provided that

you owned the shares at the earlier time
the shares had become of negligible value at that time, and
that time is not more than two years before the beginning of the 'tax year' in which the claim is made.
There is no requirement to claim within a specified time after the shares have become of negligible value.

You cannot make a negligible value claim after the company has dissolved. In such circumstances the shares are treated for capital gains tax purposes as having been disposed of at the date of dissolution of the company.

106. Can I make a claim for only part of the loss to be set against income?

No. Relief must be claimed for the full amount of the loss (less any income tax relief attributable to the shares).

107. What happens if I claim loss relief both for the 'tax year' in which the loss arises and for the preceding tax year?

Priority will be given to the tax year in which the loss arises. Where the amount of the loss exceeds your taxable income for that year, the balance is deducted from the taxable income of the earlier year. If the amount of that balance exceeds your taxable income for the earlier year, what remains is treated as an allowable capital loss for the year in which the loss arose, or may be carried forward and set against future gains.

108. What if I also have trading losses which can be set off against my income?

Loss relief is given before any relief from income tax that you claim in respect of losses sustained in a trade, profession, vocation or employment.

ragingcat
01/4/2002
09:02
Perhaps this explains Chris Lane's shiny new 4 wheel drive Lexus. Not bad progress for a company that was sold for £136,000 a few months ago:

During the past few months, 3dMD has received orders from...

· Malaysia: Cybron Technology, a 3dMD distributor, on behalf of the Hospital Universiti
Sains Malaysia for multidisciplinary use

· US: Connecticut-based Hartford Hospital for wounds management applications

· South Africa: AME International, a 3dMD distributor, on behalf of the Inkosi Albert
Luthuli Central Hospital Kwa Zulu Natal for multidisciplinary use

· UK: Royal Hospital for Sick Children Edinburgh

...and commissioned new systems at:

· UK: London-based King's College Hospital for chronic wounds management
applications

· US: Atlanta-based Dent/AART for comprehensive restorative dentistry applications

· US: Illinois-based Decatur Memorial Hospital for burns assessment applications

"3Q and 3dMD are 110-percent (sic) focused on exploiting personalized 3-D images in commercial applications and this event (sic) marks the technology's transition out of the lab," said Chris Lane, 3Q Technologies' CEO.

zho
19/2/2002
16:29
If anyone else out there subscribed to TCTi via an EIS, then you could be in luck!

According to the Inland Revenue booklet IR 137, "The Enterprise Investment Scheme", any capital loss can be treated under "loss relief".
The advantage of this is that "it is given as a deduction from your taxable income for the 'tax year' in which the loss arises, or for the preceding tax year. So in effect, it is given at your marginal income tax rate. Where you have insufficient taxable income in either or both of those years, any remaining part of the loss can be carried forward and set against chargeable gains." Quoted from IR 137.

In order to calculate the capital loss, you must first subtract any income tax received from the Inland Revenue, and any Capital Gain which was deferred into the EIS ("deferral relief") must be carried forward.

Please get hold of the booklet if you think you may be eligible for this relief or take advice - I am not a tax adviser.

My understanding runs per the following example:-
Capital gain of £5000 more than personal Capital Gains allowance made in 1999.
£5000 invested in TCTi through EIS scheme in 1999.
This results in deferral of tax liability on £5000 Capital Gains tax and Inland Revenue pay me £1000 (20% of investment).
February 2002, TCTi now of nil value, so EIS scheme ends.
"loss relief" is £5000 - £1000, so I reduce taxable income by £4000 for tax year 2001-2002. (£1600)
Deferred £5000 Capital Gains Tax is now added to current year (fortunately low!), resulting in no tax liability if personal allowance is not exceeded.

I hope this is useful to somebody else too.

Mike

mike the mechanic
10/2/2002
19:27
When should we expect to here something from the administrators?
tyranosaurus
18/1/2002
00:55
Good man zho, potentially very interesting news indeed.

Do keep us updated on this.

EB

eric bristow
17/1/2002
12:43
The only way I could make sense of apparently senseless acts by Lane and Taunt was to assume that they wanted to run the company into the ground in order to pick it up for a song - and I think they've played their cards very well in doing this.

The story might not quite be over - I imagine that the administrators could not have been told about the bid made for TCTi last April.

Nor about a firm written indication of interest made a few days ago, to which no reply was received.

Obviously the directors have not been behaving in shareholders' interests but then, plas ca change.

I don't know how much point there is in an action group - I suspect the time for that has passed. Nevertheless, I've written to a few people with whom I've had contact in the past - staff writers at Citywire and Growth Company Investor, the Editors of Aim Newsletter and Guardian city pages, and Mike Walters, so maybe one of them will say a few words.

T

zho
17/1/2002
11:51
Hmm. Apparently S and Williamson have been de facto adminsitrators for around a month and knew both about the April offer and a recent notification of interest.

Interesting. Watch this space.

T

zho
17/1/2002
01:11
Depressingly I bought in again a few months ago on the back of those last contract wins plus jupiter stake. I was tempted to sell out in the absense of any news but held on after talking to the company early december which indicated progress on all fronts. Should have listened to zho. Bunch of twisted crooks.
a.fewbob
17/1/2002
00:52
Appointment of Administrator
Disposal of Assets

TCT International plc ("the Group" or "TCTi") today announces the appointment of I. J. Allan and M. F. Stevenson of Smith and Williamson as joint
administrators to the Group. The appointment follows an Order made at the
High Court of Justice this morning.

The move follows the collapse in late December of a potential fund raising when one of the key investors withdrew. TCTi shares were suspended on 28th December 2001 whilst the directors worked with the Group's advisors to clarify its financial position.

The administrators have accepted an offer to acquire the Group's business and assets as a going concern from a new company headed by Chris Lane, the former Chief Executive, for a consideration of #136,000 and would expect to complete the sale in the immediate future. The new company will also assume a number of liabilities, customer commitments and continue to employ the current professional staff. Whilst this deal should ensure a distribution to the Group's unsecured creditors in due course, there will be no funds available for shareholders.

So now we know why Lane resigned yesterday.
I wonder how hard he worked at finding a buyer. Still I, for one, wouldn't have contributed another penny to TCTi.

Mike

mike the mechanic
16/1/2002
22:15
Agreed-law is an ass.I have come across this to many times and I wish the law could be changed to stop this sort of unethical principles.Anyune for a action group?
jda
16/1/2002
20:28
I am sure all shareholders wish Lane all the best with his new venture ! Shame he couldnt make it work with other peoples money.
gb-sl
16/1/2002
15:38
Back in March, a vehicle headed by ex FD Charles Bunker made an offer for TCTi.
Did the administrators get in touch with him to see if his offer was still on the table?

Nope.

Total stitch up?

Of course.

zho
16/1/2002
14:04
Can this loss be written off against tax??? I know it could be written off against any capital gain made, but since I won`t have significant capital I can`t do that!!
donalc
16/1/2002
13:57
What a total con. The chart on TCT is astonishing - what a waste of shareholders money. That is the risk but some will lose a lot. Very disappointed - other shares may follow suit. Directors wait for suspension before announcing an buyout and not before so they get it much much cheaper. Con.
britishbear
16/1/2002
13:38
stompalot

I think we end up with hee haw. Not even a penny.

You've got to hand it to Chris Lane. He's taken 150 grand a year out the company and managed to run it to bankruptcy in double quick time. Now he (and his mates) are buying it for 136K. He's an evil genius.

rangers99
16/1/2002
13:20
Help!!!

Does this explain if the company is going to stay as as PLC....will we still own shares the company ?

Stomps

stompalot
16/1/2002
12:39
I read the announcement about the resignations, but does anyone have any more info? Does it clear the decks for a road to attempted recovery, or does it just spell the end?

Looking at the rest of my holdings I think the end is nigh...it's the wrists or the bottle......I'll settle for the bottle for now!

kilgallp
15/1/2002
13:01
I believe there are only 2 employees now at TCT - the tea-lady Gertrude and the company cat, Henry. No doubt they'll do a better job than those chancers, Lane and Taunt.
rangers99
Chat Pages: 6  5  4  3  2  1

Your Recent History

Delayed Upgrade Clock