ADVFN Logo

We could not find any results for:
Make sure your spelling is correct or try broadening your search.

Trending Now

Toplists

It looks like you aren't logged in.
Click the button below to log in and view your recent history.

Hot Features

Registration Strip Icon for default Register for Free to get streaming real-time quotes, interactive charts, live options flow, and more.

BNK Bankers Pet

0.00 (0.00%)
28 Mar 2024 - Closed
Delayed by 15 minutes
Share Name Share Symbol Market Type Share ISIN Share Description
Bankers Pet LSE:BNK London Ordinary Share CA0662863038 COM SHS NPV (CDI)
  Price Change % Change Share Price Bid Price Offer Price High Price Low Price Open Price Shares Traded Last Trade
  0.00 0.00% 125.50 - 0.00 00:00:00
Industry Sector Turnover Profit EPS - Basic PE Ratio Market Cap
0 0 N/A 0

Bankers Pet Share Discussion Threads

Showing 251 to 271 of 275 messages
Chat Pages: 11  10  9  8  7  6  5  4  3  2  1
DateSubjectAuthorDiscuss
12/1/2018
12:40
Vytautas Karalevičius
CEO
Vytautas is currently completing a Ph.D. in Cryptocurrencies at KU Leuven University in Belgium. Prior to that, he received an MPhil degree in Finance from Cambridge University. He has interned at Bloomberg (London office).

cryptoking
29/9/2016
14:28
Well 5 weeks to completion back in june, morphed into 4 months, but it is good to finally get there.
Cash due about 7th October for completion of the deal.

flyfisher
01/6/2016
09:00
The vote was fairly unanimous, we just need to wait for two regulatory approvals and completion in about 5 weeks. But has geo-jade raised the cash yet ?
flyfisher
06/4/2016
06:45
Albania-focused heavy oil producer Bankers Petroleum Ltd. (BNK) added five cents to $1.83 on 2.08 million shares, after releasing an operational update for the first quarter and trying to boost investor confidence in its proposed takeover offer from China's Geo-Jade Petroleum Corp. Geo-Jade offered $2.20 a share on March 20, but the stock, though it jumped up eagerly from around $1.10, has since stayed stubbornly around $1.80, demonstrating shareholders' skepticism that the offer will go through. Geo-Jade is a difficult buyer to assess. Its shares were in a trading blackout from Sept. 18 to today, apparently because the company has been working on a "material restructuring" (according to Chinese-language documents). The restructuring was announced with and includes the $575-million Bankers deal, as well as the 8.2-billion-yuan (about $1.6-billion) acquisition of a Shanghai investment company, partially financed through a proposed equity financing for up to seven billion yuan. The risk that Geo-Jade will not be able to complete the financing seems to be the largest stumbling block Bankers' investors. Bankers has not really addressed that risk; today's update merely said that the parties "have commenced preparation of the various applications for the necessary regulatory approvals." The regulators are not what investors are worried about. They should get a chance to learn more about Geo-Jade and its financial abilities at Bankers' special meeting to vote on the deal, scheduled for May 31. Bankers wants them to vote in favour. If everything works out, the deal is expected to close by the end of June.

Meanwhile, operationally, Bankers had a quiet first quarter, producing 17,363 barrels of oil a day. This is down from 19,767 barrels a day a year earlier. The drop was no surprise, seeing as Bankers suspended all drilling activity at the end of last year because of low oil prices. It has focused so far this year on its EOR (enhanced oil recovery) programs and a few infrastructure projects that are intended to reduce operating and transportation costs.

dukedosh
23/3/2016
10:49
Here's hoping mate at current exchange rate now £1.18 is deal price
linton5
23/3/2016
10:39
Agree Linton,They are paying a fair price for these assets, not an extravagant one.Now the company is in play, there is a possibility that a rival bid arrives.
wigwammer
22/3/2016
11:30
Don't give your shares away cheap guys crazy your playing into there hands
linton5
22/3/2016
08:07
Come on mm,s take her lower for me come on 90p please
linton5
21/3/2016
16:31
Take my hat to the punter still buying 5k,s easy 10%to be made hehe
linton5
21/3/2016
13:24
Currency exchange after deal should be £1.17 to shareholders to sell
linton5
21/3/2016
11:41
First of many..and at a healthy premium unlike the Nigerian scam, erm I mean,buyout of Mart Resources by a "local BEE organisation"

:)

fangorn2
21/3/2016
09:25
Get in there ya beauty. Well done BNK
linton5
30/12/2015
16:50
The monthly oil stock competition for January 2016 as well as the 2016 annual oil competition are now open for entries. Deadline for entries for both competitions is midnight on Sunday, 3 January 2016. All the best in 2016!!!
flyingbull
07/12/2015
11:54
@Dukedosh.

Concur with your assessment

"Mafia style tax bullying going on here. I wouldn't be surprised if the Albanian government re-visited the other years of tax returns, once they win the 2011 row. Could be the tip of an ice berg."

So bargepole for me too.

"I once considered this a safe haven stock and a good play dancing to the tune of the oil price. I wouldn't touch this one trick pony with a barge pole currently."

Was the main reason I was looking at it as well....and its not a company that had a lot of BB activity,another good sign.

fangorn2
07/12/2015
11:47
Thanks dukedosh. I'll have a much closer look before making any decisions.
bozzy_s
04/12/2015
19:34
There's much more to this than the balance sheet bozzy_s.

Mafia style tax bullying going on here. I wouldn't be surprised if the Albanian government re-visited the other years of tax returns, once they win the 2011 row. Could be the tip of an ice berg.

I once considered this a safe haven stock and a good play dancing to the tune of the oil price. I wouldn't touch this one trick pony with a barge pole currently.

Seeing the writing on the wall, the company are already seeking diversity in Hungary. In the meantime, I wouldn't be surprised if the Albanians nationalised BNK. Their words point in that direction and they have history in this area already.

Take care.

dukedosh
04/12/2015
18:59
Spotted this on % losers board today.

Looks like a good RNS and shares unsuspended on TSX, which is the place to trade because of a decent spread of 1.19-1.20, instead of the ridiculous spread quoted in London.

Must say I like the look of these. Profitable, cashflow positive even with low oil price, some oil sales hedged at above today's price for 2016, minimal debt, trading at about 1/5th of it's net tangible asset value.

bozzy_s
02/11/2015
08:09
There are a few being bought out there in anticipation of good results perhaps?
hawks11
30/6/2014
19:08
Congratulations to all holders. This is one I held for a long time back in 09 and 10. I lost faith and didn't follow. I only looked back because I had an email asking if I wished to receive emails from them. They havn't been getting to me, must have been filtered out. I will start looking again. It had a mega spread back then.
Better luck
hawks

hawks11
09/6/2014
16:19
Latest bankers presentation up on bankers website - includes polymer flood details
billy_buffin
06/6/2014
16:06
'Bankers has 232 million barrels of proved and probable reserves valued at $2.2 billion. That works out to $9.72 a share -- more than 50% above the current price around $6.25.'
billy_buffin
Chat Pages: 11  10  9  8  7  6  5  4  3  2  1

Your Recent History

Delayed Upgrade Clock