ADVFN Logo ADVFN

We could not find any results for:
Make sure your spelling is correct or try broadening your search.

Trending Now

Toplists

It looks like you aren't logged in.
Click the button below to log in and view your recent history.

Hot Features

Registration Strip Icon for charts Register for streaming realtime charts, analysis tools, and prices.

MTI Mtl Instruments

0.00 (0.00%)
Last Updated: 01:00:00
Delayed by 15 minutes
Share Name Share Symbol Market Type Share ISIN Share Description
Mtl Instruments LSE:MTI London Ordinary Share GB0005507768 ORD 10P
  Price Change % Change Share Price Bid Price Offer Price High Price Low Price Open Price Shares Traded Last Trade
  0.00 0.00% 705.00 - 0.00 01:00:00
Industry Sector Turnover Profit EPS - Basic PE Ratio Market Cap
0 0 N/A 0

Mtl Instruments Share Discussion Threads

Showing 126 to 143 of 150 messages
Chat Pages: 6  5  4  3  2  1
DateSubjectAuthorDiscuss
19/5/2021
11:49
Good presentation from Moshe. Business running well on all fronts. He seems quite unperturbed about running a business in times of conflict.
robsy2
14/10/2019
00:53
Just to let shareholders and potential investors in MTI Wireless know that the management team will be exhibiting and presenting on the first day of the two day Mello London investor conference in Chiswick London W4 on Tuesday 12th and Wednesday 13th November and there will be an opportunity to take part in a Q&A at the end of each presentation. These are just a few of the companies taking part...

There will also be lots of quality keynote speakers, panel sessions and round table discussions looking at investment strategies & portfolio diversification plus sessions on.... How does a market maker work your share trades? What is undertaken in a company audit? What is hidden on the dark web? & how can retail investors get access to placings?

If you would like to join the thousand investors at the event you can gain 30% discount on your ticket by entering the code ADVFN30 when you purchase your ticket.

davidosh
19/12/2007
23:03
Makes sense DOQ. We'll know better in future.

I'll hold you to that offer :o)) Not sure if you have my e-mail, but if so get in touch any time.

rivaldo
19/12/2007
18:10
I'll buy you that pint one day - I know the area in which you live :0)

Then again the premium was disappointing.

I guess the answer as to why they did not join the FTSE SMX was to do with the fact that the company buying them are not listed and therefore MTI will be de-listed. Logical if I'd have thought about it - and logical that the bid was a done deal I suppose.

doubleorquits
19/12/2007
15:26
DOQ, you owe me a pint :o))

Only joking of course. I lost out on a little bit to the 705p bid price, but certainly not complaining.

rivaldo
18/12/2007
08:03
Hi DOQ. I decided to follow your advice and take profits - no point in being brave in these markets given the gains I've made. So - where to next is the question!
rivaldo
13/12/2007
22:12
I'm absolutely sure there's no connection DOQ, any index changes would go through completely irrespective of whether there was corporate action afoot - which there wasn't when the reshuffle happened. And just to confirm that, VLK were supposedly being demoted but haven't because the limits didn't change in the way they were expected to.

I always like to hold my shares in offer periods for a little while in case alternative predators turn up. I also don't think the current price, at a multiple of around 18, is enough and any bidder would have to pay more - I suggested at least 750p above. So I'll hold for a bit.

rivaldo
13/12/2007
18:00
You'd have thought so but they didn't. So it appears that the rules are getting bent here if that is indeed the case. One way of keeping the offer price down I suppose - if trackers started piling in too the takeout price could easily have been nearer £9 given today's action.

No transparency here.

doubleorquits
13/12/2007
16:34
surely they would get promoted regardless of the possible offer?
gswredland
13/12/2007
16:29
I wonder if that is why they didn't get promoted to SMX? Company not too bothered this morning when I spoke so maybe that's why.

Offer may not go through of course so I have taken profits now. But there is an argument that would suggest that if that was indeed the reason they could not get promoted then they may well be pretty sure it will go through. Interesting one.

doubleorquits
13/12/2007
16:12
Riv...£7.50

any other views on poss take out price
ta

abcd1234
13/12/2007
16:10
Oh yes :o))

750p at least? That would be a 2008 P/E of 20...

"Statement re possible offer

The Board of The MTL Instruments Group plc ('MTL' or the 'Company') notes the
recent movements in its share price and confirms that it has received a
preliminary approach which may or may not lead to a formal offer being made for
the Company.

The Board of MTL, which is being advised by Arden Partners plc, wishes to stress that there can be no certainty that this approach will lead to an offer for the Company. A further announcement will be made as and when appropriate."

rivaldo
13/12/2007
15:49
...and 2,500 just bought at 645p, 5p above the quoted offer....
rivaldo
13/12/2007
15:40
AXA keep buying - they've added another 140,000 and are now over 15% to 2.96m shares:
rivaldo
13/12/2007
12:45
Aha (to quote Alan Partridge)! I suppose we have to conclude that the share price continues to rise for other reasons then.
rivaldo
13/12/2007
12:27
Riv - to clarify:

Company believe that they will NOT enter the FTSE Small Caps but will be reinstated as a Fledgling

doubleorquits
13/12/2007
11:53
Great stuff DOQ, ta for that.
rivaldo
13/12/2007
09:25
Yet more news....

"MTL releases Matrix v.8.2 process control system

December 11, 2007 - Hampton, NH - MTL Open System Technologies (MOST), a member of the MTL Instruments Group, announced today the release of its Matrix v.8.2 process control system that features integration with the Wonderware System Platform 3.0 software and enhanced security.

"Our control solutions have always made extensive use of Wonderware software solutions such as InTouch (operator interface (HMI)), Wonderware Historian (formerly known as the IndustrialSQL Server) and InBatch (recipe management). The integration of the System Platform 3.0 offers our customers major benefits - significant reduction in project engineering and deployment costs, easy expansion of existing systems, enhanced production and performance management reporting and integration with enterprise-wide business systems," said MOST VP of Marketing Dave Reynolds.

MOST's process control system, Matrix v. 8.2, leverages the Wonderware System Platform 3.0 software to automatically manage and coordinate the development, modification, and deployment of control application components. Each of these components or templates contain all the information necessary for alarming, trending, historization, and security for process control tasks including PID loops, motor control, I/O interfacing, and diagnostics. Graphical representation of these components is through a set of Wonderware SmartSymbols. This results in greater engineering productivity and lowers system life-cycle costs.

Wonderware System Platform 3.0 software is built on Invensys' ArchestrA industrial service-oriented architecture (ISOA). This enables plant engineers to easily design, develop, deploy and maintain process control and functional safety systems for a wide variety of applications. In addition, the ArchestrA architecture enables the System Platform 3.0 to offer one platform or toolset that can integrate plant floor systems with enterprise-wide business systems.

Matrix v. 8.2 provides enhanced system security, ensuring that only authorized users can make changes to the system. Security features have expanded beyond secure logons with different access levels for each user to include the following advanced features:

A trusted host table ensures that only specified MAC addresses may write data to the controller.
The controller can be password protected so that only those that know the password can make certain changes.
The controller supports a protected mode where configuration changes cannot be made. A keyswitch can also be used to lock the controller so no other changes can be made.
Data is CRC checked to ensure it was modified by the Workbench and not an outside tool.

Matrix's enhanced security is complemented by Wonderware software's extensive security features. The Wonderware System Platform 3.0 model supports security down to the individual data element. System Platform 3.0 software enables every single object and attribute in a network to be locked down, both from a development and run-time point of view. As data travels through the network, information about who made the request, that person's role, permissions and, in some cases, encrypted password information accompanies the data. This extensive data security in the Wonderware System Platform 3.0 software is designed to enable compliance with FDA 21 CFR Part 11 with proper certification.

Robust system security is just one of the benefits that Matrix provides with its integration of ArchestrA technology. Matrix's open architecture readily integrates with other hardware and software products, assuring easy connectivity to other systems in your plant. Matrix systems offer high availability solutions with redundant solutions and data loss prevention capability."

rivaldo
Chat Pages: 6  5  4  3  2  1

Your Recent History

Delayed Upgrade Clock