ADVFN Logo ADVFN

We could not find any results for:
Make sure your spelling is correct or try broadening your search.

Trending Now

Toplists

It looks like you aren't logged in.
Click the button below to log in and view your recent history.

Hot Features

Registration Strip Icon for default Register for Free to get streaming real-time quotes, interactive charts, live options flow, and more.

AIR Air Partner Plc

0.00 (0.00%)
15 Apr 2024 - Closed
Delayed by 15 minutes
Share Name Share Symbol Market Type Share ISIN Share Description
Air Partner Plc LSE:AIR London Ordinary Share GB00BD736828 ORD 1P
  Price Change % Change Share Price Bid Price Offer Price High Price Low Price Open Price Shares Traded Last Trade
  0.00 0.00% 124.50 124.50 125.00 - 0.00 01:00:00
Industry Sector Turnover Profit EPS - Basic PE Ratio Market Cap
0 0 N/A 0

Air Partner Share Discussion Threads

Showing 2401 to 2423 of 2425 messages
Chat Pages: 97  96  95  94  93  92  91  90  89  88  87  86  Older
DateSubjectAuthorDiscuss
11/2/2024
13:38
helium one make it happen
iceagefarmer
17/6/2023
07:54
World preview : Euro Airship reveals Solar Airship One missionA non-stop world ...
06/16/2023 | 11:56am BST

Euro Airship, a company specialized in designing, constructing, and selling rigid airships, has chosen Viva Technology to announce the launch of Solar Airship One: a non-stop world tour flight with no fossil fuels and zero CO2 emissions. This unprecedented project will be the world's first demonstration of a completely new low-carbon mobility solution. To build the mobility of tomorrow, Euro Airship has been working for over 10 years with renowned partners such as Capgemini, Groupe La Poste and Orange, and others in convergence, to achieve the industrialization of a "zero-carbon" solution.

Reach « zero-carbon » mobility

Mobility, essential to society, represents a major challenge in terms of carbon emissions. Global warming, over-consumption of fossil fuels, traffic growth, CO2 emissions, transport and infrastructure costs are all the issues that need to be addressed.

The aeronautical industry, for a long time now, has been confronted to these major challenges, due to its excessive dependence on fossil fuels and the scale of emissions produced by aircrafts. It is therefore urgent to rethink mobility solutions in order to develop technologies that are more efficient and, above all, more respectful of humankind and environment.

A new, innovative and sustainable air solution

Euro Airship, an innovative aeronautical company based in Pau, designs, manufactures and sells sustainable rigid airships. Relying on cutting-edge technical expertise and a passion for innovation, Euro Airship has pushed back the boundaries of aerial mobility. Their airships combine efficiency, elegance, and respect of the environment, and are powered by advanced technologies that guarantee safety and efficiency.

The different models are also designed to meet today's many challenges, with immediate industrial applications: transport, green tourism, freight, humanitarian aid, civil and military surveillance.

The Solar Airship One Project: air mobility enters the decarbonized era!

To promote a new sustainable mobility to the world, Euro Airship announces the launch of its project: Solar Airship One, the first non-stop world tour flight without fossil fuels. Scheduled for 2026, this epic journey will fly over 40,000 kms in 20 days, following a trajectory close to the equator at an average altitude of 6,000m. The solar airship developed by Euro Airship will fly without any noise, fossil fuel or CO2 emissions. This mission has been made possible thanks to the support of key partners and industrial players: Capgemini, Groupe La Poste, and Orange, as well as others in convergence. For the same reasons, Solar Airship One has brought together emblematic French aeronautical sponsors and pilots: Bertrand Piccard, Dorine Bourneton, Jean-Pierre Haigneré and Michel Tognini. Until the end of 2023, Euro Airship remains open to strategic collaborations with partners who are in line with their values on this unique project.

"The SolarAirship project demonstrates that it is possible to catalyze an ecosystem to foster the emergence of sustainable air transport solutions. After being an engineering partner at the heart of the development of Solar Impulse, we are delighted with this partnership emblematic of the work that our engineering teams are carrying out to accelerate the efficient integration of sustainable technologies."said Corinne Jouanny, Head of Portfolio and Industry Centers of Excellence, Capgemini Engineering. "For the past 3 years, our engineers and researchers have been working closely with Euro Airship on the design of this innovative airship:from therigidstructure, of the different envelopes,to the manufacturing and assembly processes, not forgetting the construction of a digital twin of the aircraft in flight, Capgemini's teams are putting their skills to work on this unprecedented challenge."

"We've already supported Solar Impulse, notably through the creation of a stamp honoring the first solar airplane. Two years on, it's a natural step for La Poste to join this new Solar Airship One challenge. Firstly, because we are very proud to see a postal worker and the world's first paraplegic pilot, Dorine Bourneton, taking part in the adventure. And secondly, because Solar Airship One will be helping to promote a new form of sustainable mobility. At La Poste, we've been very committed to the ecological transition and sustainable finance for several years now," comments Marie-Aude Dubanchet, La Poste Group's Deputy Managing Director in charge of communications.

"Orange is proud to be part of the epic project, Solar Airship One; an ambitious, innovative and unifying project that ushers in the era of decarbonized mobility. This partnership is emblematic of our commitment to deploy the full potential of digital technology to support environmental transition in all sectors of activity. With this in mind, Orange will supply a low-orbit satellite communication system ensuring a secure and robust global link that meets the technical specifications needed and guarantees continuity of communications between the airship and the ground. Drawing on its innovation ecosystem, Orange will provide solutions and projects around AI, data and IoT. This will allow us to collect, analyse, and cross-reference observation data from the airship and its pilots. The avenues opened up by Solar Airship One for the future of sustainable and responsible mobility of people and goods are exciting" adds Elizabeth Tchoungui, Executive Director in charge of Corporate Social Responsibility for the Orange Group.

At the forefront of the aeronautical industry, Euro Airship is presenting a new, sustainable and versatile air transport solution that adress current and future societal challenges.

About Euro Airship

Founded in 2010 by Jean Lescat and Marc Sénépart, Euro Airship is an innovative French company specialized in designing, constructing, and selling rigid airships. Based in Pau, in the heart of France's aviation region, Euro Airship designs, develops, and creates rigid airships for several markets including transport, sustainable tourism, cargo, humanitarian aid, civil and military surveillance. After more than 10 years of R&D, followed by three years of work with Capgemini, the Solar Airship One project is now in production. Its vocation is to be commercialized to industrials and general public. This revolutionary solar-powered demonstrator represents a new transport solution, respectful of nature and mankind, for innovative and sustainable air mobility. Websites : hxxps://euroairship.com/hxxps://solarairshipone.com

adrian j boris
13/10/2022
14:46
Flying Whales is a French aeronautic start-up.

It develops an environmentally-friendly[citation needed] airship, the LCA60T, designed to transport heavy loads, such as wood logs or specific gear like wind-turbine blades, without structure supports.

History

Founded in 2012 by Sébastien Bougon, this project was initially dedicated to wood exploitation in partnership with the French organization in charge of public forest management, the Office National des Forêts (ONF).

A first prototype is expected in 2023, while a market launch of the first models is planned for 2025.

The company receives financial support from several institutional players including, the French government with 29.5 million euros, the Canadian province of Quebec via Investment Quebec for 30 million dollars, and the Aviation Industry Corporation of China (AVIC) which sells its own corporate equity (24.9%) to the others French shareholders of Flying Whales and the French banking group Oddo BHF in September 2021.

The LCA60T

Conceived as a means of transport to open up certain regions inaccessible by road, the LCA60T could be sized as the largest aircraft in activity, with 200 meters long and 50 meters high, according to its CEO Sébastien Bougon.

waldron
13/10/2022
14:34
TotalEnergies signs an agreement with Flying Whales to develop the transport of wind turbine components by airship in hard-to-reach areas.
waldron
08/10/2022
16:35
jungle jim..they are made of carbon fibre and would just split in an accident..no harm

why have Tata sat on the air car technology? to me its the perfect fuel..cars that run on compressed air, takes minutes to fill up ,not dangerous either..please tell me why?

iceagefarmer8 Oct '22 - 16:28 - 167018 of 167018 Edit
0 0 0
AND the reason why is because you can buy your own air compressor and be free of the taxation system...thats why..end of

iceagefarmer
08/10/2022
16:32
why have Tata sat on the air car technology? to me its the perfect fuel..cars that run on compressed air, takes minutes to fill up ,not dangerous either..please tell me why?

iceagefarmer8 Oct '22 - 16:28 - 167018 of 167018 Edit
0 0 0
AND the reason why is because you can buy your own air compressor and be free of the taxation system...thats why..end of

iceagefarmer
27/4/2022
09:10
Basically, sold down the river. I'd like to know what deal those directors who stayed on got. As regards how little the exit price meant, bear in mind when CoVID hit the price dropped to 20p. 125p gives a 6x+ return. I didn't have the cash, or the balls, to hoover up what was available at the time, but I'm guessing bigger fish did, and that's what pushed the sale through. RIP AIP. Wonder what the Macks' thoughts on this farce are.
cd27idw
18/4/2022
13:59
What a bloody cheek? What did they do with the profits - distribute them to shareholders? Or, spend it on acquisitions that didn't deliver value.
And let's not mention the big placing they did on the back of their upgrades.

Bit rich for the Chair to be blaming shareholder. If they'd stuck to air charter it would have been a good business.

trident5
18/4/2022
13:29
A very interesting guest column in The Times today, written by the chairman of Air Partner, Ed Warner. Titled 'Takeover offers for small companies expose timid stock market investors', he expresses his frustration with fund managers who saw Air Partner as simply too small to matter: "My overriding feeling is that any deal would have sufficed for those seeing this single business as a portfolio rounding error".

Discussing negotiation talks with advisers, he writes: "What struck me through those talks was how little the exit price meant to so many of those involved. Better a deal at any price to bank a fee and move on than run the risk of failure by pressing too hard. Similarly when all was revealed to investors, not once did anyone question the price, even though it came hard on the heels of two profit upgrades."

He concludes that he believed that Air Partner's time on the stock market had run its course:

"Just how profitable did we have to be".

robinnicolson
14/4/2022
19:45
I’ve owned Gama Aviation for years and it’s been one of my worst investments. I’m sure Wheels up is probably a better bet and one I’m watching.
lcw888
14/4/2022
18:55
And... lots more munny!
pvb
14/4/2022
12:22
anyone moving the cash into Gama Aviation (GMAA) for a possible take out by the chinese following the takeovers of Air Partner and John Menzies?
george stobart
14/4/2022
12:03
Munny!

Well, some of it...

pvb
13/4/2022
18:35
Well, that's it folks. Cash for the takeover arrived in my a/c today.
sharw
09/3/2022
14:57
...Oh well!
pvb
08/3/2022
20:41
It got easier to take the money as time went by! Also, a large number went to arbitragers whom would obviously vote yes.
hpcg
08/3/2022
18:08
Over 94% in favour then with only 5.48% against.
cfro
03/3/2022
20:35
Remarkably large number of acquisitions and disposals in AIR shares by institutions...
pvb
21/2/2022
21:53
John Menzies accepts increased bid:

Our pussified BOD just rolled over for the first derisory bid that came along.

cd27idw
14/2/2022
21:02
I decided to read through the Air Partner documents so I can organise to vote electronically and live in the actual meetings. In there they actually state the the YE PL ending 31st Jan 2022 was £8.6mm (I’d wrongly been expecting a separate RNS on this). I’d predicted £9mm, so not far off. We know that they have about £13mm of net cash (no debt). The takeover value is £84.8mm, so a PE ratio of only 8.35 excluding the cash that already effectively belongs to us shareholders. Not exactly appealing considering the future firepower they’ve been building up!
lcw888
11/2/2022
15:44
;Likewise, I used my votes on ii to reject the offer; the opportunity hasn't shown up on HL yet,
cd27idw
11/2/2022
08:47
Used my vote on ii this morning for my 3 separate portfoliosInteresting to see how this one transpires
1pvh
09/2/2022
20:27
Unofficial update from Briffa. I think the only thing of note is that ski holiday flights seem to be picking up. hxxps://www.ttgmedia.com/luxury/opportunity-for-agents-as-private-jet-travel-set-for-another-bumper-year-32664
lcw888
Chat Pages: 97  96  95  94  93  92  91  90  89  88  87  86  Older

Your Recent History

Delayed Upgrade Clock