ADVFN Logo ADVFN

We could not find any results for:
Make sure your spelling is correct or try broadening your search.

Trending Now

Toplists

It looks like you aren't logged in.
Click the button below to log in and view your recent history.

Hot Features

Registration Strip Icon for default Register for Free to get streaming real-time quotes, interactive charts, live options flow, and more.

AVO Advanced Oncotherapy Plc

0.00 (0.00%)
Last Updated: 01:00:00
Delayed by 15 minutes
Share Name Share Symbol Market Type Share ISIN Share Description
Advanced Oncotherapy Plc LSE:AVO London Ordinary Share GB00BD6SX109 ORD 25P
  Price Change % Change Share Price Bid Price Offer Price High Price Low Price Open Price Shares Traded Last Trade
  0.00 0.00% 1.925 - 0.00 01:00:00
Industry Sector Turnover Profit EPS - Basic PE Ratio Market Cap
Medical Laboratories 0 -29.49M -0.0549 -0.35 10.32M
Advanced Oncotherapy Plc is listed in the Medical Laboratories sector of the London Stock Exchange with ticker AVO. The last closing price for Advanced Oncotherapy was 1.93p. Over the last year, Advanced Oncotherapy shares have traded in a share price range of 1.875p to 8.50p.

Advanced Oncotherapy currently has 537,481,209 shares in issue. The market capitalisation of Advanced Oncotherapy is £10.32 million. Advanced Oncotherapy has a price to earnings ratio (PE ratio) of -0.35.

Advanced Oncotherapy Share Discussion Threads

Showing 5626 to 5649 of 5650 messages
Chat Pages: 226  225  224  223  222  221  220  219  218  217  216  215  Older
DateSubjectAuthorDiscuss
19/1/2024
17:11
waterlooO1. You are almost right. The fat lady really is singing her last song. Today's news is that AVO is involved in a bid/takeover situation.

Whoever is bidding has AVO over a barrel, so it's unlikely we'll get that much. Under the circumstances, I'd be happy just to get my investment back.

Just conjecture, but I wonder if the bidder would want to keep the present management team for a while because they are the 'experts' on LIGHT and are very committed to its success. If the bidder wants to keep them sweet, the deal might include shares in the bidding company as well as cash. It could be a cheap sweetener for the bidder to offer the AVO BoD, as well as for us, if we're included in that aspect of whatever deal is agreed.

I wonder if the takeover situation might prompt interest from other potential bidders, leading to a bidding war. That could be interesting.

daijavu
09/1/2024
11:08
Fat lady has sung her last note. Stonking level of debt and liabilities and they have pre sold any revenue that might ever appear.
waterloo01
17/12/2023
21:52
Correction to the above they also raised another £150,000 from an existing shareholder
so £350,000 in total in October 2023.

pj84
17/12/2023
20:54
The last update from the company was 23 Oct when they arranged short term bridging finance of £200,000.

The silence since then is quite worrying and I remain resigned to my investment being completely wiped out, on the plus side, they haven't yet gone into liquidation or entered into a deal which wipes out (or all but wipes out current shareholders)so there is still a very small chance that something maybe salvaged.

Let's hope it isn't too much longer until we are put of our misery.

pj84
17/12/2023
17:05
Another option is to set up class A and class B shares, where the new investors get first call on capital should the company be wound up, and perhaps receive special dividends up to say 20%-30% of the value of their investment before shareholders in the other class of shares (us) join in the receipt of dividends. So they get 20%-30% of their money back before we see any benefit. Whether the shares would be listed, I don't know.

There are ways to make things fair and acceptable for both parties ... I am sure they are working on it ...

gclark
17/12/2023
16:44
They did mention some short term finance, and a supplier has converted its debt to shares I believe. I do think, and hope, that our belief in the company will not be in vain. It may be ideally 20% existing shareholders are left with, but we need to still be shareholders to see any benefit in the future, and to get our support for any deals.

It is comforting that the directors have considerable shareholdings.

I hope they can pull it off, and would welcome our new shareholders ....

gclark
30/11/2023
22:23
I think we all have to take a lesson from this.

Never invest in a share just because of the story.

daijavu
30/11/2023
19:58
nappe I am of the same view, I have all but written off the investment but still think the technology will succeed. I am sure someone will take the technology forward but whether there is a rabbit from the hat for existing shareholders I am not sure.

Can't be long before we find out , but I have felt that for a while now and the longer it drags on the less likely there will be a rabbit.

pj84
30/11/2023
15:48
I know someone who worked there. But think about it, they have run out of funding, where does the money come from to pay the wages since April?I've no axe to grind here, I'm an investor, I really want them to succeed, it's great technology, but I think that my investment is long gone, I've basically written it off, if they pull a rabbit out of the hat, I'll be delighted, but I have to be realistic in my expectations.
nappe
29/11/2023
09:58
How do you know they aren't being paid?
daijavu
13/11/2023
11:43
What would you do if you weren't being paid?
nappe
06/11/2023
08:37
nappe. What is the source of your information? Please tell us.
daijavu
30/10/2023
12:01
The other issue they face is that many key staff have left. How do you restart without the expertise?
nappe
23/10/2023
12:00
Still talking - they/we still hoping. Timelines still sliding.

How much dilution will we face?

Today's RNS very blunt about prospects of failure to seal a deal. Would small investors be better off, if we had a "sale".

Of course, if there were any potential buyers, they will probably watch to see (if they can) what prospects for finance deal are. No prospects - cheap offer. Apparent good news on that would see increased offer - or a walk away.

All we can do is continue to cross-fingers. And also hope better business managers come onboard. Scientists and "medics" are great. But to avoid future disasters, assuming we make it through, this company badly needs a few new business heads - who can plan properly!

gerhart
10/10/2023
20:17
It seems I've got a following. I'm honoured. Does it mean that I'm now the head of the Daijavu Clan?
daijavu
10/10/2023
20:03
I had a peek through the window of 141 Harley Street yesterday. Well as best as I could as the windows haven't been cleaned for weeks and the post was jamming the letterbox. It looks dead to me but the refinancing discussions might be approaching a happy conclusion. I think we'll get some news by the end of this week.
kinwah
10/10/2023
15:13
When I first read the above, I thought increasing his holding to around 30% through a debt equity swap didn't seem too bad, given that Mulligan through his investments has almost £28m of debt and the market cap when suspended was less than £9m and his holding could have been significantly higher but then on rereading, it just says over 30% (the amount where a takeover must be made, but he will apply for a waiver) and his holding could be significantly more than 30% of the company.

I am still writing off my investment in my head and undecided whether to invest more in the restructured company.

pj84
10/10/2023
15:04
From the above: -

"...

Under the restructuring plan, Mulligan’s company and other lenders will agree to a debt for equity swap. Mulligan, through Nerano and Barrymore Investments, already controls 5.6 per cent of the equity in Advanced.

According to a company statement, the debt conversion may result in Mulligan’s company controlling over 30 per cent of Advanced ..."

and

"...

Aside from the debt to equity swap, the company plans to raise £61 million in fresh equity. ..."

pj84
10/10/2023
11:25
hxxps://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/pharma-king-mulligan-closes-on-cancer-care-stake-c8gw9w7pb
daijjavu2
09/10/2023
10:25
There should be a report sometime this week.
daijavu
08/10/2023
11:55
daijavu I am fairly confident the science will succeed but I am waiting to find out how much our holdings will be diluted and I am expecting at best a fairly nominal value on my holding and have in my mind written off this investment.

Would love to be proved wrong but would just like to know the outcome. Let's hope we finally hear something in October.

pj84
05/10/2023
16:49
The Company intends to provide a more detailed update on the prospective
recapitalisation and funding plan in early October 2023.

daijavu
02/10/2023
08:48
There's hope for us yet. If AVO gets through this and there's a clear path to treating the first patient and confirming contracts, the share price could shoot up.
daijavu
30/9/2023
08:01
Goodness a long time and way from looking at the building site in Harley St and realizing they were never going to make their initial dates.

waterloo01 - 01 Mar 2023 - 18:57:17 - 4971 of 5061 Advanced Oncotherapy (AVO) - formerly CareCapital - AVO
twirl, I think you called me 'altruistic' back in 2017 when I suggested all was far from well. Seems the same is true today. Wrong management. Scientists! (and still not open)

waterloo01 - 18 Jul 2017 - 18:29:56 - 3522 of 4971 Advanced Oncotherapy (AVO) - formerly CareCapital - AVO
Wrong people running this as has been the case for a long time. Good science/bad business. Evans wasn't the 1st red flag but the video of the demolition block, might be the last before the inevitable. To think they raised at £1.00 not that long ago. At least the BOD are also heavily invested.

waterloo01
Chat Pages: 226  225  224  223  222  221  220  219  218  217  216  215  Older

Your Recent History

Delayed Upgrade Clock