ADVFN Logo

We could not find any results for:
Make sure your spelling is correct or try broadening your search.

Trending Now

Toplists

It looks like you aren't logged in.
Click the button below to log in and view your recent history.

Hot Features

Registration Strip Icon for charts Register for streaming realtime charts, analysis tools, and prices.

PROG Pro Global Ins.

0.00 (0.00%)
28 Mar 2024 - Closed
Delayed by 15 minutes
Share Name Share Symbol Market Type Share ISIN Share Description
Pro Global Ins. LSE:PROG London Ordinary Share GB00B1Z5KB73 ORD 2P
  Price Change % Change Share Price Bid Price Offer Price High Price Low Price Open Price Shares Traded Last Trade
  0.00 0.00% 14.00 13.00 15.00 - 0.00 00:00:00
Industry Sector Turnover Profit EPS - Basic PE Ratio Market Cap
0 0 N/A 0

Pro Global Ins. Share Discussion Threads

Chat Pages: 1
DateSubjectAuthorDiscuss
02/4/2017
14:29
Its a partial write-off of the £5m goodwill. The Pro sale was a tad disappointing price wise, but if it delivers enhanced shareholder value on the ASTA stake then it was worth doing in my view. Time will tell.
topvest
02/4/2017
08:32
I think they should have explained the 3.7m loss on discontinued business more clearly.
russman
31/3/2017
07:24
Will ASTA reverse into PRO at some point I wonder? Would make a lot of sense for both companies. It all depends on the other two shareholders of ASTA I would guess.
topvest
21/1/2017
14:19
The circular has arrived. It looks like post-completion the Group will have circa. £1M of cash and the 30 per cent of Asta. The 8 per cent preference shares will yield £0.2M per annum but may be repaid soon which would bump the cash up to £3M.

So, how much is 30 per cent of Asta actually worth? £20m on a conservative assumption or £40m top end I would guess. If you say £30m, then this is on a bit of a discount. Suspect we may start to get dividends next year. Happy to hold.

topvest
22/12/2016
14:45
Interesting news today. With the benefit of hindsight it explains the lack of news coming from Pro on their web-site and the somewhat downbeat comments. They have been working on this for a while, no doubt. Think the sale price is quite low given its pitched just above tangible net asset value.

Anyway, PROG will be left as effectively a debt free cash shell with a 30% share in a very valuable asset, being Asta Capital. So what now?

Four options:
1. Asta Capital now reverses into PROG - much cleaner and would be great for holders. As a listed company, I could see a valuation of the 100% being up to £100m. Asta have won lots more business this year and so last year's £6m PBT should be beaten.
2. The company distributes dividends received to shareholders now it has no debt to service.
3. The company exits its Astra Capital stake and returns funds to holders (unlikely from today's RNS).
4. PROG ends up delisting and minority holders lose out (unlikely as the majority holder ha always done the right thing to date).

My favoured option is 1.

topvest
23/8/2016
20:05
Looking at the Asta Capital 2015 statutory accounts, this associate looks a cracking business. Its expanding nicely with a £6m PBT and £4m PAT. This business alone, with a virtually ungeared balance sheet must be worth about £60m or £20m for the PRO share. Wouldn't a reverse takeover be fantastic if it ever came off! Even if it doesn't it's throwing out cash like there's no tomorrow and so should clear the Group borrowings within a reasonable timeframe.
topvest
07/8/2016
15:47
All very quiet on this BB. Always a good sign. Interim results next month and could be interesting as this Group breaks into more sustained profitability.
topvest
23/5/2016
07:50
Annual report is interesting. Think this company has very strong potential. In my view Asta is worth a third of £60m. It makes a £6m profit before the £1.5m preference share cost. If you say £20m less the £6m or so debt secured on it - you can see that the entire market capitalisation is supported by the Asta investment.

Then, if you look at the Pro business that has real potential - all the companies are much improved if you look at the UK statutory accounts and they have a £5m new contract in Glasgow starting. The underlying businesses excluding Asta are also worth the entire market cap in my view.

So, both ways you look at it I think this company is a great value investment. Only risk is it's majority owned but the ethics to date of Tawa owners has been good with Tawa returning some capital last year. Doubled-up my small holding.

The company gets a very poor QVM rating on Stockopedia but it's historical financials are clouded by the former Tawa business. They have only had one clean year of trading which is 2015 and 2016 promises to be a year of significant growth. In 2 years this business will have been transformed from a loss making business to a profitable group.

Cash flow is being pushed into working capital at this point given the growth in the debtor book, so no dividend just yet. Maybe a dividend in 2017 is my take.

topvest
05/4/2016
21:25
Shame. PROG are not doing themselves any favours.
russman
04/4/2016
20:16
Results today were fairly solid. An odd way of announcing them though as you have to go to their website to even see the P&L and Balance Sheet. They could really do with some PR on their results. Seems to be a company that is well and truly off the radar screen, but making strong underlying progress.
topvest
23/11/2015
20:36
Makes you wonder whether there is some corporate activity around the corner. Certainly very welcome that the share price has increased like this. Could they be interested in a reverse takeover of their associate perhaps? That would be very welcome.
topvest
23/11/2015
18:14
I have no ideas. I am not complaining.
Have to dig out that Tawa share certificate.

russman
23/11/2015
16:58
Does anyone know what is going on here. Over the last couple of months there have been quite a few block buys of 10,000 and 7,500 shares, with the share price slowly moving, while today it jumped 20% (4p) based just on 4, 7,500 share buy. Is someone building a stake (although I'm not sure if this is possible when the top 4 shareholders own more than 85% of the share or are they the on'e buying).

I'm quite happy with the share price moving up as I have a small stake, although it would be good to know why this is happening

smegster
08/7/2015
03:06
I see this is held by Church House Investments - Deep Value Fund

God knows why

spob
18/4/2015
10:41
Balance sheet is still W.I.P
There is still a decent business but the old liabilities may sink it.

russman
28/9/2014
19:32
General gist is:

2013 loss before tax £1.2m
2014 loss before tax £1.2m

Stripping out the other income and the associate:

2013 loss before tax £1.6m
2014 loss before tax £2.3m

From the notes: 2014 includes GBP0.4 million re-structuring and re-organisation costs, 2013 includes GBP0.3 million provision release.

So pretty much nothing happened other than the business contracting with revenue down from £12.4m to £11.5m.

No doubt lots of "paddling" underneath this high level summary.

On a very generous interpretation, a work in progress.

old father time
26/9/2014
07:37
Interesting to see how this will develop. Still loss making but could recover well. Will study the interims a bit more. They don't present the results in a very transparent way at this point with complexity from discontinued operations and the Asta associate. Need to look at more closely.
topvest
04/4/2014
15:43
Formerly Tawa plc.
old father time
27/6/2002
09:50
Appologies, my mistake. ADVFN has been guilty of this in the past and I wanted to avoid putting any more strain on Execline's heart,,
jl202
27/6/2002
08:27
customers not competitors
mbbcat
27/6/2002
08:08
Erm,, allow free advertising for direct competitors?
jl202
Chat Pages: 1

Your Recent History

Delayed Upgrade Clock