ADVFN Logo ADVFN

We could not find any results for:
Make sure your spelling is correct or try broadening your search.

Trending Now

Toplists

It looks like you aren't logged in.
Click the button below to log in and view your recent history.

Hot Features

Registration Strip Icon for alerts Register for real-time alerts, custom portfolio, and market movers

CFHL Cityfibre

0.00 (0.00%)
18 Apr 2024 - Closed
Delayed by 15 minutes
Share Name Share Symbol Market Type Share ISIN Share Description
Cityfibre LSE:CFHL London Ordinary Share GB00BH581H10 ORD 1P
  Price Change % Change Share Price Bid Price Offer Price High Price Low Price Open Price Shares Traded Last Trade
  0.00 0.00% 52.00 - 0.00 01:00:00
Industry Sector Turnover Profit EPS - Basic PE Ratio Market Cap
0 0 N/A 0

Cityfibre Share Discussion Threads

Showing 151 to 172 of 175 messages
Chat Pages: 7  6  5  4  3  2  1
DateSubjectAuthorDiscuss
04/4/2016
16:10
Also here. Made a new thread for new ticker.
rambutan2
04/4/2016
15:32
Thanks Freddie - I had thought the entire community had given up reading this thread!
monty9
04/4/2016
11:49
Great post Monty9
freddie01
04/4/2016
11:47
I don't hear that there is a fundamental problem with the company, indeed they seem to be progressing slightly ahead of plan. However the share price has been absolutely dismal since the cynical placing a while ago. How can it be that, in an era where so much effort is put into treating clients fairly, institutions can be given stock at a 30% discount, immediately sell it to the point where the market price reaches the placing level? Potentially

PI's who were not offered a chance to take place in the deeply discounted placing have effectively had 30% of their investment confiscated! The situation is now worsening further. While I don't know why the price has dropped a further 11% today, in the absence of other information I suspect frustrated PI's are selling into a market that is now highly illiquid.

I could write pages on this principal but suffice to say the obviously stacked cards mean that I will not invest in any future such capital intensive opportunities that are not producing cash because I will simply get financially raped. I guess other PI's will develop the same aversion. Shame really because this if the fundamental dynamic in a capitalist system. I am prepared to take commercial risk but will not stand at a huge disadvantage to other holders of the same class of share. Shame on you Mr Mesch.

In the meantime I shall probably be forced hold until the business plan has reached its targeted profitability (or failed to do so). The next time I won't be there but in profitable companies.

monty9
17/2/2016
23:20
30p target
rubberbullets
12/2/2016
11:03
It's been on AIM throughout, hasn't it?
b1ggles
10/2/2016
10:40
Just for information. City Fibre is one of Techinvest's nap tips for 2016.
indi123
15/1/2016
07:47
Will retest lows given market overall
betelgeuse1
15/1/2016
02:43
Wondered why they were keeping quiet about the new loan/debt facilities and rather surprised when dug out details in admission doc (pg66 in below link) and see they are paying 10% over libor on bulk of it.

The lender is a Swedish private equity style finance house...

rambutan2
14/1/2016
18:57
Nice to see CFHL already adding to their TCV by exploiting their expanded network even before the deal with KCOM has completed (how many acronyms can you get in one sentence!). Its amazing that although they have expanded their network by a factor of 11 since flotation two years ago the share price is still languishing below the 60p flotation price. I don't think this will last.
pentangle
17/12/2015
11:24
City Fibre and the harsh treatment of private investors and smaller City Fibre shareholders was highlighted on the SmallCap radio show yesterday....

If you want to campaign against this treatment ShareSoc will help groups of shareholders.

www.sharesoc.org

davidosh
14/12/2015
17:51
Even after this deal will lose £12.5m in 2016 and £8.5m the year after

Still jam in never never land

opodio
14/12/2015
15:04
all agreed - great opportunity and gets scale quickly for business. what is annoying is that we could not participate by adding to our position. some blue chip institution basically did and is making a nice turn today - ie they are flipping it. if I were the regulator I would either insist in pre-emption rights or more realistically say the institutions who participate in such raises have at least a 6 month lock so you and me do not get shafted.
edwardt
14/12/2015
13:13
Liberium reiterate BUY and ups target to 138p from 114p
aishah
14/12/2015
09:57
I take your point and haven't sold - I expect the end result will be good. Its the tilt on the playing field that irritates me in the meantime. We funding the de-risking of the institutions' holdings.

I should really have sold when the price was looking weak in the last few days, then bought back strongly today. If sufficient people started doing that perhaps the price weakness before a deal would scupper it. Management would then be forced to treat the small holders equitably.

monty9
14/12/2015
09:25
Notwithstanding the placing, which is totally unreasonable, this deal is transformational and projects CFHL into a whole new league. I suspect that a year or two down the line it will not seem very important whether the placing was at 50p or 65p as the share price will be much higher. Personally I took advantage of this morning's weakness to add 25,000 at 53.5p.
pentangle
14/12/2015
08:22
WHAT? - a 25% discounted placing and again the PI's do not get a look in.

That after unexplained weakness recently (I had assumed sympathy with the rest of the market)but now suspect some of the company's friends were perhaps a little more knowledgeable than they should have been.

I expect a letter, personally signed by the CEO, thanking me for the involuntary gift by me and the other smaller shareholders.

This is fundamentally unfair. The FCA should be involved or APCIMS. The argument is always put that the cost of extending placings to smaller holders is too high. In which case, might I suggest a company is forced to compensate shareholders, for the dilution following a placing, where they are not offered participation in it? Or would such an 'equitable' payment be too expensive?

monty9
14/12/2015
08:04
bricking it
opodio
14/12/2015
07:52
Going to tank to 45p today
opodio
14/12/2015
07:40
Good deal announced this morning but sucks that placing not open to the public. and at a large discounted price of 50p. That sucks.
cisk
13/10/2015
07:57
they have £26m of cash atm. i don;t know that debt is too big an issue.
oregano
09/10/2015
16:47
A bit of info on the scheme, although having read it, it's perhaps not so clear cut that CFHL will use this debt route?
rambutan2
Chat Pages: 7  6  5  4  3  2  1

Your Recent History

Delayed Upgrade Clock