ADVFN Logo ADVFN

We could not find any results for:
Make sure your spelling is correct or try broadening your search.

Trending Now

Toplists

It looks like you aren't logged in.
Click the button below to log in and view your recent history.

Hot Features

Registration Strip Icon for charts Register for streaming realtime charts, analysis tools, and prices.

HAO Hanover Cap

0.00 (0.00%)
Share Name Share Symbol Market Type Share ISIN Share Description
Hanover Cap LSE:HAO London Ordinary Share GB0032084146 ORD 1P
  Price Change % Change Share Price Bid Price Offer Price High Price Low Price Open Price Shares Traded Last Trade
  0.00 0.00% - 0.00 -
Industry Sector Turnover Profit EPS - Basic PE Ratio Market Cap
0 0 N/A 0

Hanover Cap Share Discussion Threads

Showing 126 to 148 of 150 messages
Chat Pages: 6  5  4  3  2  1
DateSubjectAuthorDiscuss
08/4/2006
19:12
I'm sure the Hannover & St James Directors are thinking of you!
Unfortunately small PLC's are simply not policed.
ENRON were a huge company but at the size of this outfit you get away with fraud.
Each individual investor has too little of a loss to waste time on it, let alone their lack of knowledge and understanding. The institutions do not buy these companies and if they do they don't let on!!!!!!!!

mryesyes
07/2/2006
01:39
Post removed by ADVFN
Abuse team
07/2/2006
00:22
16.12.05 - St James Capital Holdings, Inc. – Further Investment in Hanover Capital Group plc - Company injects funds into Hanover Capital Group plc

New York, December 16, 2005, St James Capital Holdings, Inc. (OTC Pink Sheets: SJCH) announced that it has injected an amount of £60,000 into the United Kingdom based Investment Company, Hanover Capital Group plc. St James controls in excess of 80% of Hanover Capital Group plc and whose sole significant asset is shares in Great West Gold, Inc. Common Stock. (OTC BB : GWGO).

St James invested an amount of £60,000 (US$106,000) in cash for exchange for 6,000,000 Ordinary Shares of 1p (US$0.18) each in Hanover Capital Group plc.

Stephen Lumb, the President of the Company said that St James was intent on "cleaning up" Hanover Capital Group plc and that these funds were required by Hanover Capital Group plc to settle Audit fees, statutory amendments and to for the settlement of legal fees accrued to prepare documentation to take Hanover Capital Group plc "Private" and to become a wholly owned subsidiary company of St James. Stephen Lumb is the Chairman of Hanover Capital Group plc.

St James Capital Holdings, Inc. ("St James") owns the UK based St James Resource Management Limited Group of Companies which operate primarily in the Structured and Corporate Finance arenas advising clients on capital raising, restructuring and admission to equity markets in the United Kingdom and in the United States. St James invests on a short term basis in these companies as well as providing short term capital prior to their flotation on the UK and USA equity markets. St James places lines of stock in these client companies for cash, post their admission to the UK and the USA equity markets and provides PIPE Financing. St James also holds a portfolio of development Real Estate in the United States as well as a very significant portfolio of quoted equities which are accounted for as Trading Stock.

St James has a net asset value of in excess of US$600 million and posted earnings in excess of US$4 million in the last financial year. St James now has in excess of 100 clients which are in the process of seeking admission to the UK and the USA equity markets at this time; as well as a large number of existing clients whose stocks and financial instruments are quoted on the OTC BB Market and on the OTC Pink Sheets Market.

St James Capital Holdings, Inc. creates American Depositary Receipt ("ADR") programmes for each of its clients which allows for arbitrage opportunities and creates a smaller "float" for each of these companies. St James provides clients with introductions to highly skilled and aggressive Investor Relations companies to create significant stock awareness and stock liquidity. St James arranges PIPE Financings for its clients through its own resources and through third parties.

St James is now planning a move into the Banking and Trust Company Sectors to provide additional services to its clients to exploit numerous synergies with companies in which it holds an interest and with certain strategic partners.

Statements contained in this press release, which are not historical facts, are forward-looking statements as that term is defined in the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. These forward-looking statements are based largely on the Company's expectations and are subject to a number of risks and uncertainties beyond the Company's control, including but not limited to economic, competitive and other factors affecting the Company's operations, management team effectiveness, expansion strategies, available financing, market prices and recovery costs, government regulations involving the Company, facts and events not known at the time of this release, and other factors discussed in the Company's filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission.

These statements are not guarantees of future performance and readers are cautioned not to place undue reliance on these forward-looking statements, which speak only as of the date of this release. The Company undertakes no obligation to update publicly any forward-looking statements.

For further information contact:

St James Capital Holdings, Inc.: sclumb@stjcapital.com

trading blue
04/2/2006
08:36
tiger1234 - 01 Nov'02 - 08:51

brownson
25/8/2005
13:58
Another variation on the theme : you lost?
mryesyes
26/7/2005
08:35
West Africa Gold website says the distribution of shares to Hanover has taken place. Anyone got theirs yet? LOL
brownson
20/2/2005
23:03
euphos I think this is it [in more ways than one ?]

twisted trail with the risky Mr Lumb
EVERY week, Tony Hetherington replies to readers' letters, adding comments, advice and the results of his enquiries. If you think you are a victim of financial mismanagement, or want advice before investing, write to Tony Hetherington, Financial Mail, 2 Derry Street, London W8 5TS. Sorry, but he cannot give personal replies. Please send only copies of documents - if these are relevant to your enquiry. We regret that they cannot be returned.

D.S. writes: I bought 1,200 shares in Oxygen Holdings. The company's name was changed to Tera Group and later to Hanover Capital Group. But the last I heard was in 2002 when I was sent my share certificate. I have been unable to contact the company since then to establish the value of my shares.

I did find that Stephen Lumb, a Hanover director, is now working for a company called Great Western Gold, so I phoned his office and left a message. I also e-mailed. There was no response.

THIS is the sort of thing that gives investing in shares a bad name. Records at Companies House showed that Hanover Group's most recent accounts were for the year ended September 2002. They were so old as to be useless.

New accounts were due by April 30 last year, but had not arrived. This is an offence. The most recent list of shareholders was also old, with no updates since 2002. Again, an offence.

I tried to contact Hanover at its registered office in Manchester. It was no longer there, but had failed to tell Companies House. Another offence.

I also found that the company secretary quit eight months ago and had not been replaced. Yet another offence.

Finally, I tried to find Hanover boss Stephen Craig Lumb, a 39-year-old South African, at the London address he gave to Companies House. You guessed, he was not there. And yes, company directors who fail to notify Companies House when they change address are committing an offence. I have now traced Lumb to a flat in Westminster. And miraculously, a recent burst of activity has given Hanover a new registered office and a new company secretary. But I am afraid your company is still a mess.

When you invested, Hanover was listed on the Alternative Investment Market, which handles smaller and often riskier shares. In April 2003, Lumb was appointed chief executive. The company's adviser, accountant Grant Thornton, immediately resigned.

Aim companies must have professional advisers or lose their stock market quote. Lumb announced that a new adviser would be appointed within a few days, but this has never happened, so trading in your shares was first suspended, then they were delisted.

You might also be surprised to find that the internet and technology company you bought into has been turned into a mining investment business.

Lumb told me: 'Hanover is not trading. It holds various investments and has not effected any further investments since having been delisted from Aim. An offer is being circulated to the shareholders of Hanover during next week whereby Hanover will be acquired by a USA-quoted company.'

You should look hard at this US firm. I will be surprised if it has a proper quote on a respected stock exchange.

Lumb is no stranger to controversy. In 2001, he was chief executive of a South African company, Igaming. Its shares were at the centre of a price manipulation inquiry after they soared unbelievably high for no clear reason.

Trading was suspended after Igaming lost its stock market sponsor and because its accounts were late. Eventually they were delisted.

He should now ensure that Hanover is not simply struck off by Companies House. Officials have issued repeated warnings about Hanover's misconduct under his leadership and I can tell him they are running out of patience.

It is also possible the Department of Trade & Industry might investigate.

I am afraid the future for your investment looks bleak indeed.
[

rheiner
20/2/2005
20:44
News article in the Mail on Sunday which investigates HAO. Mentions that there maybe some news this week!!! I doubt very positive though...according to the article!!!
DYOR

euphos
29/1/2005
17:24
MORE:

A major shareholder was Jubilee Investment Trust PLC

"[Some time between 1 January 2004 and 22 March 2004] ... Jubilee
has received a distribution in specie of shares in West African Gold Inc. but
the directors believe that it is too early to establish what impact this will
have."

mad mac
29/1/2005
17:15
some old news
"It has been a difficult year for Prestige Publishing PLC ('Prestige' or
'the Company'). The loss before tax was £292,722.
As I have mentioned previously the aim of your Board of Directors is to
secure a future for your Company.
As a consequence, the Board has substantially reduced the Company's
overheads and effectively put the investment portfolio into hibernation in
order to minimise Prestige's expenditure. In essence, the Company is now a
shell and we have been looking for a business or individuals who could
assist us in taking Prestige forward.

In view of the above and in order to secure the Company's future, Prestige
entered into an agreement with Hanover Capital Group plc ('Hanover'),
details of which were sent to shareholders on 27 March 2003. Hanover had
indicated that, together with a group of investors, it would introduce to
the Company significant investment opportunities together with sources of
finance. Hanover paid the majority of the Prestige's creditors by the
issue of Hanover shares, but no further finance has been forthcoming,
either to settle the balance of Prestige's creditors or to provide
additional working capital.

On 25 March 2003 Ronald Lowenthal and Simon Robinson joined the Board,
following the resignation of James Piesse and James Fellowes on 29 January
2003 and 18 March 2003 respectively. Both Ronald Lowenthal and Simon
Robinson were Directors of Hanover at that time but subsequently Simon
Robinson has resigned from Hanover. "

mad mac
29/1/2005
17:01
Spectacular share, that GWGO: $0.375 to $0.001 in six months, must be a record.

I guess the company doesn't care about its share price as it's only relevant when you are trying to 'sell' shares to new suckers.

But what is strange is that all this seems to have happened without anybody actually seeing any WAGO/GWGO share certificates - has [i]anybody[/i] on this thread received any communication from Hanover Capital Group plc?

What about stuff like AGMs? Anybody been invited to one recently?

If anybody is interested in doing something positive about this, like going to see the DTI for example, or maybe a shareholders' voluntary winding up, please contact me:
HAO-action@cays.ndo.co.uk

mad mac
11/1/2005
13:37
WAGI ticker change to GWGO.OB

The stock also appears to have taken a hammering since HAO holders were 'awarded' this stock in lieu of HAO.

However there has been some good news since our 'award'.

And drilling is to commence on the old HAO concessions in Mali.......

Well it was a little fun checking out what might have been.............

16/11/2004
12:54
rheiner
Dont hold your breath i left a message about 6 weeks ago.

trading blue
16/11/2004
11:58
brownson : I have just rung 020 7887 1448 and left a message requesting this info. Should anyone ring back with anything I will post it here.
rheiner
16/11/2004
08:35
When do we get the WAGI shares? Anyone any idea, or is it yet another con
brownson
27/10/2004
18:49
West Africa Gold, Inc. Declares a Stock Dividend

Company Declares a 20% Stock Dividend to Reward Its Shareholders

NEW YORK, NY -- (MARKET WIRE) -- 10/25/04 -- West Africa Gold, Inc. (OTC BB: WAGI) announces that the Company has authorized a 20% (twenty percent) dividend of the Company's common stock for its shareholders of record as of Monday, November 8, 2004. The distribution to shareholders should be completed by the end of November 2004.

With this, the Company wishes to thank all its shareholders for supporting the Company's efforts in the development of the Company's mining properties in North America and in Mali, West Africa.

Michael G Saner, the CEO of West Africa Gold, Inc. said that he was delighted that shareholders were being rewarded in this manner and hoped that this would contribute to increased support for the Company and its Mining Exploration efforts and hoped that this would offset some of the losses suffered by the Company's shareholders caused by the unexplained and very substantial fall in the Company's share price in recent months.

About West Africa Gold Inc.:

West Africa Gold (www.westafricagold.com) is an aggressive gold exploration company that has acquired certain rights to mine for minerals, primarily gold, in various regions of the Republic of Mali and in North America.

Statements contained in this press release, which are not historical facts, are forward-looking statements as that term is defined in the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. These forward-looking statements are based largely on the Company's expectations and are subject to a number of risks and uncertainties beyond the Company's control, including but not limited to economic, competitive and other factors affecting the Company's operations, management team effectiveness, expansion strategies, available financing, market prices and recovery costs, government regulations involving the Company, facts and events not known at the time of this release, and other factors discussed in the Company's filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission.

These statements are not guarantees of future performance and readers are cautioned not to place undue reliance on these forward-looking statements, which speak only as of the date of this release. The Company undertakes no obligation to update publicly any forward-looking statements.

West Africa Gold Inc.
+ 1 212 672 1851
E Mail : investor@westafricagold.com

annbar
27/10/2004
16:22
Note the name change to - Great West Africa Gold Inc.
annbar
02/10/2004
11:00
And now back to $0.02 again...

I've even tried to interest the FT in investigating this one, but it seems that
our journalists are happier spending their time at smart presentations where there is a decent buffet....

wikroberts
25/9/2004
11:13
WAGI now up to .03
rheiner
18/9/2004
10:25
Friday's price on WAGI: $0.02 (down from the reported $0.15)!

I've emailed WAGI twice, asking them when shares were distributed (their own announcement used the past tense months ago). I have had no response.

My best guess: WAGI and HAO only exist to shaft the small investor. Doubtless we will get our shares just about the time that they become worthless.

wikroberts
14/9/2004
17:27
How long before we'd expect to see any shares in WAGI

I suppose it's difficult to complain - something IS better than nothing.

14/8/2004
09:36
Back in June the value of these WAGI shares was around $0.15, with very little volume.
Since then the volume has inceased dramatically, and the price has crashed to $0.038 (as of today).
Did some favoured shareholders get their hands on WAGI stock and take the profit?
It seems the rest of us have been shafted yet again.

wikroberts
19/7/2004
08:09
On the face of it, this looks good. However, the history of this company leads me to suspect it will be a way of extracting yet more of the shareholders' cash in order to line the pockets of the management. Hold on to your wallet.
brownson
Chat Pages: 6  5  4  3  2  1

Your Recent History

Delayed Upgrade Clock