ADVFN Logo ADVFN

We could not find any results for:
Make sure your spelling is correct or try broadening your search.

Trending Now

Toplists

It looks like you aren't logged in.
Click the button below to log in and view your recent history.

Hot Features

Registration Strip Icon for default Register for Free to get streaming real-time quotes, interactive charts, live options flow, and more.

SCTN Scot.&Newcastle

0.00 (0.00%)
Last Updated: 01:00:00
Delayed by 15 minutes
Share Name Share Symbol Market Type Share ISIN Share Description
Scot.&Newcastle LSE:SCTN London Ordinary Share GB0007839698 ORD 20P
  Price Change % Change Share Price Bid Price Offer Price High Price Low Price Open Price Shares Traded Last Trade
  0.00 0.00% 798.50 - 0.00 01:00:00
Industry Sector Turnover Profit EPS - Basic PE Ratio Market Cap
0 0 N/A 0

Scottish & Newcastle Share Discussion Threads

Showing 2351 to 2367 of 2375 messages
Chat Pages: 95  94  93  92  91  90  89  88  87  86  85  84  Older
DateSubjectAuthorDiscuss
28/4/2008
12:29
when do i get my loot ?
spob
17/3/2008
18:31
LEH go down...so does the bid.
huwrayhenry
24/2/2008
09:51
noticed some heavy buys around 805p+ last week, i bought on thursday at 787p as i can't see AB letting the chance of European expansion go as well as the Russian prospects. Will be an interesting week.
dontyo
24/2/2008
07:25
From The Sunday Times

February 24, 2008

Budweiser plots late Scottish & Newcastle bid

Matthew Goodman

THE American company behind Budweiser beer, Anheuser-Busch, is this weekend examining whether to launch a last-ditch counter-offer for Scottish & Newcastle, Britain's biggest brewer.

The St Louis-based company, the world's third-largest beermaker, has been studying financial data on S&N, which agreed a £7.8 billion bid from its European rivals Carlsberg and Heineken on January 25.

It is likely to come under pressure from the Takeover Panel, the watchdog that monitors bid activity on the London market, to clarify its intentions.

SAB Miller, maker of Peroni, confirmed last week it would not make a counter-bid for S&N after several weeks of talks.

Last night, Anheuser declined to comment. However, the company is thought to be seeking opportunities to expand away from its US heartland, with emerging markets such as Russia � where S&N has a strong presence through a joint venture � seen as particularly attractive.

Some analysts think it is more likely Anheuser will look to pursue a merger with InBev, the Belgian brewer that makes Stella Artois. One said: "This is Anheuser's last opportunity to break into this takeover.

"A lot is at stake and the biggest hurdle for Anheuser is to take control of S&N's Russian joint venture BBH."

Carlsberg and Heineken's attempt to acquire S&N has at times proved acrimonious.

They had to raise their bid three times before securing a recommendation from the Scottish company's board.

Their initial offer was pitched at 720p per share, but a deal was not agreed until they reached 800p. S&N has made it clear it would be open to a higher, rival offer.

Meanwhile, it has emerged that John Dunsmore, chief executive of S&N, was granted a 70% pay rise to £815,000 a fortnight before the Carlsberg and Heineken offer was agreed.

The details of the hike in his basic pay are contained in an offer document sent to S&N's shareholders this weekend.

The company defended the increase, arguing that Dunsmore, who succeeded Tony Froggatt last October, had been doing the chief executive's job while on a deputy's salary since taking over.

His new contract did not get signed until January, it said, because he was busy defending the group against the bid

spob
20/2/2008
18:07
The share price tells the story; somebody thinks a counter bid may be on its way. However there isn't, at this stage, much substance to it, as the share price is only just over 800p. Sit tight & wait & see!!!
bostonborn
20/2/2008
15:24
talk of AB teaming up.
jack armitage
20/2/2008
15:01
SAB Miller to counterbid for Scottish & Newcastle

This entry was posted by Paul Murphy on Wednesday, February 20th, 2008 at 14:16

FT Alphaville understands

This is RAW market info, but it comes from sources with demonstrable form: SAB Miller is plotting an alternative takeover offer for Scottish & Newcastle that will value the British brewer at around 850p a share or £8bn.

S&N, of course, has already agreed terms with Carlsberg and Heineken, who together have offered cash terms worth £7.8bn.

SAB has for some time coveted S&N - primarily for its emerging markets assets, crowned by the Russian BBH brewing business.

Last year it explored a joint plan with Diageo, which would have seen SAB launch a takeover before selling S&N's European beer interests to the maker of Guinness

spob
20/2/2008
14:32
counterbid, thats why sab down.
jack armitage
20/2/2008
14:29
ft alphaville saying sab 850p bid coming
bubface
20/2/2008
10:52
A sudden spike to 800p... Hello.
jack armitage
19/2/2008
07:59
Results FLAT today...
hectorp
25/1/2008
22:45
It will be sad to see them go. My first share was Green... something the brewer whom later got acquired by them..suppose I'll have to consider heineken..

then again..

madgooner
25/1/2008
17:23
If you need the cash right away, there is no point in hanging on until the cash is paid out, as that could be up to 6 months away. They haven't published the timetable yet, have they? Presumably that will be in the formal offer document sent to shareholders. Also no dividend will be paid, so nothing to hang on for there.
deanforester
25/1/2008
16:41
TOOK A WHILE BUT THE BID CAME.LOL
hijeff
25/1/2008
10:00
I would like to wait, to see if a higher offer comes along. The problem is I need the cash right away.
loganair
25/1/2008
08:29
That's normal

i'll be waiting for the cash

Just in case a higher competing offer comes along

spob
25/1/2008
08:24
I'm a little surprised that the share price has not climbed closer to the £8 mark.
loganair
Chat Pages: 95  94  93  92  91  90  89  88  87  86  85  84  Older

Your Recent History

Delayed Upgrade Clock