ADVFN Logo

We could not find any results for:
Make sure your spelling is correct or try broadening your search.

Trending Now

Toplists

It looks like you aren't logged in.
Click the button below to log in and view your recent history.

Hot Features

Registration Strip Icon for default Register for Free to get streaming real-time quotes, interactive charts, live options flow, and more.

AAT Aea Tech Grp

0.00 (0.00%)
28 Mar 2024 - Closed
Delayed by 15 minutes
Share Name Share Symbol Market Type Share ISIN Share Description
Aea Tech Grp LSE:AAT London Ordinary Share JE00B3ZHFD45 ORD 1P
  Price Change % Change Share Price Bid Price Offer Price High Price Low Price Open Price Shares Traded Last Trade
  0.00 0.00% 0.05 - 0.00 00:00:00
Industry Sector Turnover Profit EPS - Basic PE Ratio Market Cap
0 0 N/A 0

AEA Technology Share Discussion Threads

Showing 2026 to 2046 of 2050 messages
Chat Pages: 82  81  80  79  78  77  76  75  74  73  72  71  Older
DateSubjectAuthorDiscuss
16/4/2013
16:17
WHO GETS THE £18m????????????

Ricardo acquires AEA Europe

Ricardo has announced today that it has acquired the business, operating assets and employees engaged in the business of AEA Technology Plc (in administration) ("AEA Europe"), for a total cash consideration of £18.0 million. No historic defined benefit pension liabilities or bank debts will transfer to Ricardo as part of the transaction.

AEA Europe is a leading environmental consultancy providing technical consultancy services to the UK public sector, the European Commission, international agencies and private sector organizations. The company is a major supplier of services to the UK government, and has a reputation for providing authoritative and independent technical expertise to underpin policy development, implementation and evaluation, in areas including energy and climate change, air quality, sustainable transport, waste management, resource efficiency and chemical risk.

The acquisition announced today will see the AEA Europe business, including an operational staff of approximately 400 located at five UK sites, transferring to Ricardo where it will operate as Ricardo-AEA under the continued leadership of Robert Bell, reporting to Martin Fausset, managing director of Ricardo UK. Based on its most recent reported results, the assets being acquired generated, for the year ended 31 March 2012, annual revenues of £39 million and delivered operating profit margins similar to those of the rest of the Ricardo group. Its acquisition represents an increase in the size of the business of approximately 20 percent.

Today's announcement marks a significant and extremely positive step in the development of both the Ricardo and AEA Europe businesses, offering potential long-term and enduring benefits for customers, employees and investors alike. Ricardo and AEA are both extremely strong and highly respected businesses in their respective core markets, providing a wide range of high quality, expert technical, scientific and strategic consulting services including the delivery of major national and international programmes.

The clients of Ricardo and AEA Europe are complementary. It is anticipated that Ricardo's international network will allow AEA Europe to develop as a more global business, leveraging Ricardo's industrial client base. In addition, AEA Europe's strong links with government organizations are expected to enhance Ricardo's relationships in this customer area.

"I'm delighted to be able to welcome AEA Europe and its employees to Ricardo," said Ricardo CEO Dave Shemmans. "AEA Europe has a strong reputation for its technical capabilities and has a pre-eminent position in advising on and developing major environmental policies. This acquisition supports our ongoing strategy and marks the continued development of Ricardo as the global multi-industry supplier for high quality strategic, technical and engineering services.

"The two businesses share a similar technology-focused professional culture, based on the delivery of innovative world class services to our customer base, utilizing highly skilled employees. Our common long term strategic drivers of reducing carbon emissions, maintaining air quality and the management of scarce resources provide an excellent opportunity to further develop Ricardo's expertise in delivering high value-added services to our global customer base."

Robert Bell, managing director of Ricardo-AEA, added: "I am extremely pleased that AEA Europe has become part of Ricardo. The transaction both secures the future for AEA Europe and provides a platform for its continued success and growth as a part of the global Ricardo organization."

smcl
13/11/2012
15:32
Local MP

I got a letter back from local MP who is happy to help with the AEA Technology shares scam. I suggest you google who is your local MP then email them with your name address telephone number so they can contact you .Good Luck ps explain the sell off then AEA going into administration?

robindebanks
12/11/2012
14:40
ianminusbrain2012

Contacting MP as these crooks should not be allowed to get away with this con ?

robindebanks
12/11/2012
14:37
I cannot wait to see CEO ,s face when he gets his OFT enquiry letter it will be worth all the money I have lost?
robindebanks
12/11/2012
14:33
smcl

Please send me the email and I will give you details

robindebanks
10/11/2012
09:01
Blueday = snoop dog = robin debanks = nut case
ianms2012
10/11/2012
09:00
Lol this dude is pasting the same rubbish on London South East service as well as here. Haha
ianms2012
09/11/2012
19:57
RobinDebanks - would you kindly elaborate on what basis you decided to refer the matter to OFT? What are the issues that disturb you? Can provide email if necessary.

Many thanks

sm

smcl
09/11/2012
10:52
have spoken to the Office of Fair Trading this morning.They are very interested in this case and I f you are a shareholder please can you email Rebecca.purves@oft.gsi.gov.uk and cc mergers.intelligence@oft.gsi.gov.uk as they are interested in your views of the handling and competition factors .
robindebanks
09/11/2012
10:52
have spoken to the Office of Fair Trading this morning.They are very interested in this case and I f you are a shareholder please can you email Rebecca.purves@oft.gsi.gov.uk and cc mergers.intelligence@oft.gsi.gov.uk as they are interested in your views of the handling and competition factors .
robindebanks
08/11/2012
07:58
It makes you wonder what that couple thought they were doing buying up all the shares?

It started going badly wrong when they got into this Green business.

isis
08/11/2012
07:46
Very sad end to a badly run company with some very bright people.
waterloo01
08/11/2012
07:35
Sorry guys. Suspension rns out
knigel
01/11/2012
09:51
no trades...has it finally suspended trading???
supercity
01/11/2012
08:05
'little' would be made in reference to the current price

i.e. no value would be zero
but 1p for the entire company would be a little (but not zero) compared to current Mkt Cap of almost £1,000,000

mellifluous
01/11/2012
07:53
That depends what they consider "little value"....0.5p?this company has the problem of pension`s debt but is actually making profits.....
maxmarilli
30/10/2012
16:44
another "no value for shareholders" statement..

must be invogue at the minute..

still waiting
30/10/2012
16:00
news gets reported late and people start buying...crazy...how many times do they need to say

"Notwithstanding this on-going process and related discussions, as previously announced, the Board remains of the view that such strategic options would result in little or no value for shareholders"

supercity
30/10/2012
08:20
ADVFN news feeds down:today aat rns:

AEA TECHNOLOGY GROUP PLC (the "Company")

Update on Banking Facilities

On 6 August 2012, the Company announced that it had entered into a facility agreement with the Lloyds TSB Bank plc (the "Bank") for additional short term funding of £5 million on a secured basis through to the end of October 2012. As announced previously, the additional funding has allowed the Board to continue its consideration of all strategic options to realise value and the Board remains in on-going and constructive discussions with a number of interested parties.

Given these on-going discussions the Bank remains supportive of the Company while it continues its consideration of all strategic options.

Notwithstanding this on-going process and related discussions, as previously announced, the Board remains of the view that such strategic options would result in little or no value for shareholders.

The Company will provide a further update in due course.

maxmarilli
18/10/2012
22:15
THIS IS 75% TO EXPENSIVE IMHO ILL WAIT FOR 0.018P
vision88
02/10/2012
07:59
Very close to closing out the short and sticking it into Synety now.Will never recoup my huge losses in this one but at least made a bit back.
It all could of been all so very different with this one,especially when you consider the state of this planet at the moment.

duncandisorderly
Chat Pages: 82  81  80  79  78  77  76  75  74  73  72  71  Older

Your Recent History

Delayed Upgrade Clock