ADVFN Logo

We could not find any results for:
Make sure your spelling is correct or try broadening your search.

Trending Now

Toplists

It looks like you aren't logged in.
Click the button below to log in and view your recent history.

Hot Features

Registration Strip Icon for default Register for Free to get streaming real-time quotes, interactive charts, live options flow, and more.

KGI Kirkland Lake

0.00 (0.00%)
28 Mar 2024 - Closed
Delayed by 15 minutes
Share Name Share Symbol Market Type Share ISIN Share Description
Kirkland Lake LSE:KGI London Ordinary Share CA49740P1062 COM SHS NPV
  Price Change % Change Share Price Bid Price Offer Price High Price Low Price Open Price Shares Traded Last Trade
  0.00 0.00% 217.50 - 0.00 00:00:00
Industry Sector Turnover Profit EPS - Basic PE Ratio Market Cap
0 0 N/A 0

Kirkland Lake Share Discussion Threads

Showing 876 to 897 of 900 messages
Chat Pages: 36  35  34  33  32  31  30  29  28  27  26  25  Older
DateSubjectAuthorDiscuss
06/10/2021
12:34
Merger with Agnico Eagle announced on 28th Sept. It is exoected to be implemented in December or early in 2022.
boadicea
25/2/2019
12:22
hxxps://stockhouse.com/news/press-releases/2019/02/21/kirkland-lake-gold-reports-record-earnings-and-cash-flow-in-q4-and-full-year
bobdouthwaite
05/6/2017
19:22
jagworth - Indeed, that is correct.
However, for some quaint reason ADVFN have today (5th June) erroneously posted it as "delisted" under its correct trading symbol of TSX:KL
Fortunately you can still follow it on the HL website where it will quote the sterling converted price or in CAD$ on the company's own web site here -

boadicea
30/5/2017
17:30
TAKEOVER

Kirkland Lake Gold Ltd. (KL Gold) (old KGI) has announced the completion of the arrangement between Kirkland Lake Gold Inc. (Kirkland Lake Gold) and Newmarket Gold Inc. (Newmarket), forming KL Gold

Stock symbol KL on the Toronto Stock Exchange

jagworth
13/8/2015
09:02
Thanks, will give it a try
bobdouthwaite
12/8/2015
22:53
Bob - Just enter TSX:KGI in the 'Add shares' box at the top left of your monitor page and click 'Add'.

It will appear at the bottom of your monitor under the heading 'TSX'.
You can add GBPCAD in the same way to give you the conversion rate for the quote which is in Can$.

The 'Quote' page KGI then takes you to does not list the present (or any) thread in the usual place but I have put a direct link in the Wiki box at the bottom to get you here.

boadicea
12/8/2015
16:50
b, where do you monitor it?
bobdouthwaite
12/8/2015
16:33
Any holders now watching its TSX quote will be celebrating a near 10% rise today, making a total of over 20% since delisting from AIM.
boadicea
17/7/2015
10:54
Not sure if this is good news for POG :
jamose
17/7/2015
10:43
Thanks Bob
jamose
17/7/2015
10:11
hxxp://www.stockhouse.com/companies/quote/t.kgi/kirkland-lake-gold-inc
bobdouthwaite
17/7/2015
08:18
Does anyone have a website for the Canadian stock quotes of KGI. Preferably free,please.
jamose
10/7/2015
07:28
I`m more inclined to believe this in view of what has gone on in the past with global financial instruments :
jamose
09/7/2015
13:50
Hi Chipp -

Yes, I believe it as being one of the reasons that the pog is not rising - so why?

First, the banks' exposure to Greece - the current centre of concern - is much diminished in most cases, although some German institutions could catch a nasty cold.
Secondly, no major bank has been 'allowed' to fail since Lehman so the appearance is that this will continue to be the case by political intervention if required. Hence the banks 'look' safer to most depositors and to most collective thinking as a place to keep cash.

Whether that is the actual case or not is arguable; I just state what appears to be the majority view. In other words, the existence of 'guarantees' of Euro100k (or £85k but soon falling to £75k) on deposits and a belief (based on experience) that governments will step in if required, have done the job of persuading depositors that they no longer need to rush to gold as a safe haven.

A State that can (and is willing to) print its own currency cannot be 'insolvent' even if effectively bankrupt - a sort of contradiction in real terms, but then its money is no longer a real measure of value.

We know that RBS and HBoS (at least) of the UK banks were both insolvent and that LTSB were arm-twisted into diving into the cesspit. However, depositors were all 'rescued' and the rest of us forced to share in their deficiency by the government/BoE in terms of the National Debt. The same happened elsewhere.
Eventually, on a sufficient scale, this can point either towards national collapse and/or permanent enslavement as in Greece, where we may yet possibly witness a further idiotic extension of the pretension that the debt can be repaid in terms of a currency they do not control. Eventually they must leave the Euro or be absorbed into another country.

Will it all result in a resurgence of gold? I have no idea!
At least it doesn't look imminent and imo will require a change in the background scenario such as an insolvency outside Greece that is not politically rescued.

I hope that explains.
Boad.

PS: You might find this interesting -

"So to answer the question, “Will we ever have a crisis,” you need to answer the question, “Will we ever be allowed to have one?”

boadicea
09/7/2015
11:29
Boadicea,

Do you really believe what you have written in your last post!

'Western banks look safer' ... really?

As for Chinese retail buying of gold - it's currently at 1,162 tonnes for 2015. That is over 200 tonnes more than at the same point last year. Annualised volume is at c. 2,420 tonnes, which is pretty much all non-Chinese global producer output.

Then there is Indian retail buying and Russian Central Bank purchases.

No sign of any lack of physical accumulation at all - in fact the opposite!

Chip

chipperfrd
09/7/2015
09:42
Likewise - I have no idea.
Possibly the general experience of the past few years coupled with the fact that the Western banks outside Greece now look safer than previously and the feeling that governments will always step in to avoid a failure (= "Moral Hazard").

One might expect that the current decline in the Shanghai stock market could bring some revival in Chinese buying before long from those that can find a way around import restrictions - presumably it would likely appear as HK trading. However, little sign of that atm and the US$ seems instead to be the preferred option, which actually depresses pog in US$ terms. This is offset to some extent by falling costs in the weaker currency producer countries, helped also by lower oil (power) costs.
A careful selection of such benefitting producers is perhaps the best option as some of them (OMI, SHG ...) are currently on bombed out pricing.

boadicea
09/7/2015
09:04
Hi Boadicea,
Any idea why the gold price is not elevating. Thought it might respond to the turmoil in Euro and China.

jamose
09/7/2015
07:51
Quarterly and annual production figures -

Shows sustained improvement and looks in line with expectations.

We are now in the 'stub' year (8m to 31/12/15). Considering this is already 25% complete (2 months), the forecast of 90-110k oz is fairly wide and rather flat. Outturn requires to be upside of mid point (100k) to equal last year's monthly average.

boadicea
16/4/2015
10:50
Spangle,

I still have concerns. They are suffering in this low gold price environment because of their relatively high costs/tonne milled. This has caused them to switch to the SMC from the Main Break because the Main Break (even at 7.1g/t) is below their break-even cut-off.

However, they will be a significant beneficiary of a rise in gold as long as they are able to remobilise a depleted work force to increase production from improving economics over the entire mine.

If PoG remains in the US$1200/oz region I believe they will continue to struggle as production from the SMC alone will not be adequate to meet their full milling capacity.

In my view they are an investment heavily geared to a rising gold price and I am inclined to therefore weight my own interest in shares based on upward step changes in PoG. Hence, currently, I have a relatively small holding.
Chip

chipperfrd
16/4/2015
10:01
Thanks for the info, Chip. I'll hold then, cos I do think there's more in the tank here
spangle93
15/4/2015
19:28
boadicea,

HL will transfer-in within ISAs, in fact they actively encourage you to do it.

Holding most stocks on the N.American exchanges is not a problem, although they might not cover small stocks on the Venture exchange. They will ask you to fill out a WBEN8 form (or suchlike!) to confirm you are a UK-resident and not subject to N.American tax rules. But it's easy and quick to sort it out.
Chip

chipperfrd
15/4/2015
16:34
That is potentially good news, Chipperfrd, as part of my holding is already with H-L. I also have some elsewhere in a separate ISA from which they may have to be removed, so I am enquiring of H-L whether a transfer is possible without losing ISA status.

Canada has traded above UK levels today (currently in range 325-330p stg equivalent) and seems to have pulled the share price here back up this afternoon. Good volume and liquidity, so should be able to absorb any selling from UK.

boadicea
Chat Pages: 36  35  34  33  32  31  30  29  28  27  26  25  Older

Your Recent History

Delayed Upgrade Clock