ADVFN Logo ADVFN

We could not find any results for:
Make sure your spelling is correct or try broadening your search.

Trending Now

Toplists

It looks like you aren't logged in.
Click the button below to log in and view your recent history.

Hot Features

Registration Strip Icon for charts Register for streaming realtime charts, analysis tools, and prices.

AGTA Agriterra Ld

0.00 (0.00%)
Last Updated: 01:00:00
Delayed by 15 minutes
Share Name Share Symbol Market Type Share ISIN Share Description
Agriterra Ld LSE:AGTA London Ordinary Share GG00BDG13C09 ORD 10P
  Price Change % Change Share Price Bid Price Offer Price High Price Low Price Open Price Shares Traded Last Trade
  0.00 0.00% 0.85 0.70 1.00 - 0.00 01:00:00
Industry Sector Turnover Profit EPS - Basic PE Ratio Market Cap
Crop Plntng,cultvtng,protect 11.49M -2.11M -0.0294 -0.29 610.55k
Agriterra Ld is listed in the Crop Plntng,cultvtng,protect sector of the London Stock Exchange with ticker AGTA. The last closing price for Agriterra Ld was 0.85p. Over the last year, Agriterra Ld shares have traded in a share price range of 0.70p to 1.375p.

Agriterra Ld currently has 71,829,007 shares in issue. The market capitalisation of Agriterra Ld is £610,547 . Agriterra Ld has a price to earnings ratio (PE ratio) of -0.29.

Agriterra Ld Share Discussion Threads

Showing 3376 to 3395 of 3400 messages
Chat Pages: 136  135  134  133  132  131  130  129  128  127  126  125  Older
DateSubjectAuthorDiscuss
29/1/2023
02:17
Going bust
the count of monte_cristo
27/1/2023
10:59
Agriterror!
volsung
03/10/2022
13:55
Decent update in terms of how the management team seem more professional ans organised but the debt is balloning. Any thoughts?
the count of monte_cristo
22/3/2022
15:27
These foods could soon be in short supply due to the war in Ukraine

Meat
Corn or maize is another staple food item commonly grown in Ukraine and Russia. As the fourth and fifth largest corn exporters, together they make up around a fifth of the total exports of this crop.

This year Ukraine was expected to grow its largest ever crop of corn, exporting almost 80 per cent of what it produces. With ports closed during what is peak export season for this foodstuff, it is looking unlikely that the corn will make it out of the country.

Corn has many uses too and beyond a shortage of the actual food stuff itself, it could have an impact on meat production. It is used as animal feed in many parts of the world and price hikes could mean the cost of meat increases.

tomboyb
22/3/2022
14:48
Maize prices are up 36% whilst fertilizers up almost 300% -

1.2mill cap i think has potential to double -

tomboyb
22/3/2022
14:29
Should have some interests in this market -
tomboyb
11/11/2020
14:01
That's funny dave you used to do the very same posting dots with nothing else when you were posting as discodave4.

Yet further proof that you are discodave4. You are so laughable.

babycheeky
31/7/2020
12:02
The security situation in Northern Mozambique is extremely worrying.
outlawinvestor
26/5/2020
17:57
New funding:http://www.agriterra-ltd.com/News.aspx?ArticleId=30707721
advnuser0519
31/3/2020
15:05
Cheers, bluebadger,
On the positive it a going concern still !.

After all of these years and all of the money lost you would think the board would think about changing things !. But as with most of the two bit AIM companies, they will not change as that requires work, and why give yourself work when they get paid very nicely for doing nothing. Very disappointing :-/.

Thankfully I do not hold.

Regards.

tenapen
31/3/2020
08:54
Year ended 31 March 2019:

Loss $3.095 million USD

After all these years, its still losing $millions. The Chairman doesn't forecast the outcome of this year in his outlook. Presumably more losses, funded by more borrowing.

bluebadger
31/3/2020
08:13
Ditto tenapen.
freddie01
31/3/2020
08:03
In all the years I held this it did nothing but disappoint. Today I'm surprised to see it still kicking. Looking forward to reading the results later.
tenapen
29/1/2019
20:04
Putting ones monies into a 3rd country or continent investment vehicle

Results most times IMO to such a move becoming a bit of a debacle

In that said vehicle can crash

buywell3
18/1/2019
09:39
Wandile Sihlobo: 2019 will have beef with SA's cattle farmers

The year 2019 will be challenging for South Africa's beef producers.

By the end of 2018, grain and oilseed-producing areas of the country experienced dryness, which led to delays in plantings, sparking an increase in agricultural commodity prices, particularly maize.

Maize and soybeans are key inputs in the livestock sector, with an increase in prices therefore a possible upside risk in the industry. The drier conditions also negatively affected the grazing veld in the western parts of the country, particularly the western Free State and North West.

It was only in the last few days of December 2018 and early January 2019 that the aforementioned areas received a bit of rainfall that enabled some farmers to start planting. Still, the yields could be poor, as the optimal planting window closed way back around mid-December 2018, particularly for maize and soybeans.

In the case of grazing veld, the improvement will most likely depend on the occurrence of rainfall in the coming weeks. The near-term prospects remain constructive, showing a possibility of showers in most summer rainfall areas.

Aside from weather-related dynamics, on 8 January, South Africa’s Department of Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries informed us that there are positive laboratory results for foot-and-mouth disease (FMD) in cattle in the Vhembe District of Limpopo – a province bordering Botswana, Zimbabwe and Mozambique. By end of last week, the scientists were still on the ground conducting further investigations to verify the results and determine the extent of the outbreak of FMD.

As a result, South Africa has temporarily lost its FMD-free status, which might somewhat disrupt export markets for beef. In fact, it did not take long before, Botswana, Namibia and the Kingdom of eSwatini (Swaziland), among others, announced the suspension of South African beef imports.

Industry challenge

This will present a challenge for an industry that has taken years to grow its export footprint. The SA beef industry has seen enormous growth in exports over the past couple of years, generating an estimated US$144 million in 2017, according to data from Trade Map.

In terms of volumes, medium-term trends show a sharp increase in overall beef exports, from 8 292 tonnes in 2001 to 31 888 tonnes in 2017. Frozen beef exports trebled from 4 740 tonnes in 2001 to 13 808 tonnes in 2017. Meanwhile, fresh/chilled beef exports increased five-fold over the same period, from 8 292 tonnes to 18 080 tonnes.

Within the top ten destinations for SA frozen beef exports, there are continental markets (Lesotho, Mozambique, Angola, Mauritius, Swaziland and Egypt), the Far East region (Hong Kong, China and Vietnam), as well as the Middle East (United Arab Emirates).

In terms of chilled/fresh beef, the continental markets (Swaziland, Mozambique, Lesotho, Namibia and Mauritius) featured prominently, followed by the Middle East (United Arab Emirates, Kuwait, Jordan and Qatar), as well as the Far East (China).

However, this notable progress is likely to be disrupted by the outbreak of FMD. This will put pressure not only on cattle farmers (and the red meat industry) but will also negatively impact South Africa’s agricultural trade balance.

The overall financial impact on the industry is still unclear at this stage, as the local authorities are still on the ground conducting investigations.

But aside from major policy debates such as land reform, the erratic weather conditions and frequent dry spells, as well as this outbreak, will be amongst the key factors that will weigh on the industry’s growth this year.

Wandile Sihlobois an agricultural economist and head of agribusiness research at the Agricultural Business Chamber of South Africa (Agbiz). Follow him on Twitter: @WandileSihlobo

hxxps://www.fin24.com/Opinion/wandile-sihlobo-2019-will-have-beef-with-sas-cattle-farmers-20190115-3

freddie01
24/12/2018
11:26
I'm thankful to have sold out earlier this year, after years of losses totalling 85% of my initial investment.

I hope the management will finally make AGTA a profitable company.

bluebadger
24/12/2018
10:17
Agriterra Narrows Interim Loss On Significantly Lower Costs LONDON (Alliance News) -

AIM-listed agricultural investment company Agriterra Ltd on Friday ...

LONDON (Alliance News) - AIM-listed agricultural investment company Agriterra Ltd on Friday reported a narrowed interim loss due to a drop in operating costs.

Shares in Agriterra were up 12% Friday at 9.55 pence each.

In the six months ended September 30, Agriterra narrowed its pretax loss to USD1.3 million from USD2.6 million the year before. Agriterra's operating expenses halved to USD1.7 million from USD3.0 million.

The company's revenue increased 7.9% to USD4.1 million from USD3.8 million.

Agriterra - which invests in beef and grain producers in Mozambique - said there was "subdued" demand for maize flour in the first half of its financial year. Maize flour sales did increase in the period, however, to 5,100 tonnes from 4,800 tonnes the year before.

An outbreak of foot and mouth in Mozambique "severely curtailed" cattle movement, limiting Agriterra's investees ability to increase its pipeline of cattle in its feedlot. Despite this, however, beef sales increased in the period to USD2.6 million from USD2.3 million.

The company's beef division lowered its operating loss to USD89,000 from USD777,000 last year due to efficiencies in forage cropping and the introduction of pelletised animal feed sourced from its grain division.

Chairman Caroline Havers said: "The board believe, following several years of political and economic instability, that the outlook for the Mozambique economy in the short to medium term is encouraging, underpinned by the continued development of the liquefied natural gas industry in the north of the country.

"Significant progress has been made over the last year, as reflected in these interim results, and I look forward to further progress in the second half."

hxxp://www.morningstar.co.uk/uk/news/AN_1545393019703683800/agriterra-narrows-interim-loss-on-significantly-lower-costs.aspx

freddie01
07/9/2018
17:48
hxxps://www.globalwitness.org/thedeceivers/
freddie01
07/8/2018
16:31
I believe we're all in the same boat. Clueless as to what's going on. I've written my investment off here.
freddie01
07/8/2018
14:01
I have no idea! I wish I knew... got any thoughts?
eipgam
Chat Pages: 136  135  134  133  132  131  130  129  128  127  126  125  Older

Your Recent History

Delayed Upgrade Clock