ADVFN Logo ADVFN

We could not find any results for:
Make sure your spelling is correct or try broadening your search.

Trending Now

Toplists

It looks like you aren't logged in.
Click the button below to log in and view your recent history.

Hot Features

Registration Strip Icon for alerts Register for real-time alerts, custom portfolio, and market movers

GCM Gcm Resources Plc

-0.125 (-1.79%)
23 Apr 2024 - Closed
Delayed by 15 minutes
Share Name Share Symbol Market Type Share ISIN Share Description
Gcm Resources Plc LSE:GCM London Ordinary Share GB00B00KV284 ORD 1P
  Price Change % Change Share Price Bid Price Offer Price High Price Low Price Open Price Shares Traded Last Trade
  -0.125 -1.79% 6.875 6.75 7.00 6.875 6.625 6.75 2,028,318 11:14:59
Industry Sector Turnover Profit EPS - Basic PE Ratio Market Cap
Coal Mining Services 0 -1.32M -0.0056 -12.27 16.34M
Gcm Resources Plc is listed in the Coal Mining Services sector of the London Stock Exchange with ticker GCM. The last closing price for Gcm Resources was 7p. Over the last year, Gcm Resources shares have traded in a share price range of 0.85p to 12.50p.

Gcm Resources currently has 237,825,076 shares in issue. The market capitalisation of Gcm Resources is £16.34 million. Gcm Resources has a price to earnings ratio (PE ratio) of -12.27.

Gcm Resources Share Discussion Threads

Showing 92876 to 92897 of 92900 messages
Chat Pages: 3716  3715  3714  3713  3712  3711  3710  3709  3708  3707  3706  3705  Older
DateSubjectAuthorDiscuss
23/4/2024
20:27
Ha ha Pongjohn has been crushed.

RIP Pongjohn. You won't be missed.

😂😂😂😂 8514;🚀Ԇ40;🚀🚀;🚀🚀

m4ckmack
23/4/2024
20:17
BREAKING NEWS

22/4/2024

It’s happening soon

Bangladesh is preparing to mine its own coal to reduce energy crisis and import dependency in the future while there is also a plan to mine coal in an open method.

In the proposal that the Ministry of Energy is going to make for the high-level decision of the government, the final decision will be the matter of extracting coal from three mines of the country at the initial stage

Five coal mines have been discovered in the northern part of Bangladesh so far. These mines have reserves of 7,823 million tons of coal.

Twenty percent of this coal is mineable, amounting to 1,564.6 million tons, according to the presentation of the Energy Department. This amount of coal is capable of meeting the energy demand equal to 40.6 trillion cubic feet of gas.

20/4/2024

RULING PARTY AND ITS PRE-ELECTION PLEDGE FOR MINING DOMESTIC COALToday 16:37
This has Phulbari written all over it imo!!!!!

Here are just some of the points from the article...

“It is now expected that the government will make a decision to mine and set up at least 5,000MW mine-mouth coal power plants soon, yielding fruits by the end of the present term of the government”

“Technical experts, economists, and analysts have long been suggesting the exploration and exploitation of superior-quality coal resources lying at mineable depths. Various studies have been conducted by local and international experts, justifying the proposals for mining coal and using it as the cheapest alternative to depleting natural gas. Even the present government in its past three terms pledged for mining coal. However, the required political decision in this regard has not been made.”

“The technological and economic aspects heavily favor mining domestic coal.”

“The need now is for the government to take the decision of mining or not mining coal. Nothing but domestic coal can ensure sustainable energy security for Bangladesh in the prevailing and emerging global geopolitical situation. Despite global movement for energy transition from fossil fuel to renewable energy coal is going to remain one of the major fuels over the next 30-40 years. Moreover, Bangladesh has no obligation to limit emissions as it has only a negligible carbon footprint of its own.”

“The government paying through its nose realized that the increasing dependence on imported fuel through ignoring exploration and development was a major political mistake.”

“Exploration of coal and gas should be a top priority national agenda. The government should not only make an immediate political decision to mine coal it must also reorganize the mining directorate of Petrobangla to champion coal mining.”

“It is now expected that the government will make a decision to mine and set up at least 5,000MW mine-mouth coal power plants soon, yielding fruits by the end of the present term of the government”

“A positive signal of the government will encourage investment. In the meantime, the government engaging competent mining experts can review all study reports for implementing mining strategy.”

“However, the election agenda of the ruling party before the general election of 2024 included a government pledge to mine coal. Hope policymakers will produce convincing and authentic documents to the Prime Minister for her courageous decision. Local coal will delay the requirement for importing fuel from abroad. The government will have breathing space for exploring and developing offshore petroleum resources and logically expanding solar and wind power resources.”

hxxps://ep-bd.com/view/details/article/MTAxMDQ%3D/title?q=ruling+party+and+its+pre-election+pledge+for+minin

16/4/2024

Another 16 months working capital

Michael Tang CEO said: " I am delighted with the support from the London Market, which comes at a time when we are increasingly more confident that the Government of Bangladesh is receptive to the advantages of domestic energy production; our focus and main effort now is to secure the consent to develop the Phulbari Coal and Power Project, which we are well placed to develop alongside our global energy infrastructure partners, Power China."

15/4/2024

1st Meeting of Standing Committee on Ministry of Power, Energy and Mineral Resources
Date: 21-April-2024

Time: 11:00 AM

Venue: Cabinet Room

28/3/2024

The Bangladesh Government has already taken steps to move away from its current "net-energy-importing" situation aimed at both bringing its domestic coal resources into the energy mix and exploring for gas. With this in mind, and Bangladesh's deteriorating foreign exchange position, it is envisaged that Government Policy will be forthcoming to finally enable extraction of the Country's extensive long-term strategic coal energy assets, such as the Phulbari deposit.

We are more confident than we have been in recent years that we are getting closer to a political breakthrough for the Phulbari Coal and Power Project. When this happens, we are ready to deliver the benefits and investment returns that our patient shareholders deserve.

27/3/2024

Yicai) March 27 -- A unit of Power Construction Corporation of China, a state-owned infrastructure contractor also known as PowerChina, will design and strip Bangladesh's largest coal mine for about CNY7 billion (USD969.8 million).

PowerChina International Group inked the deal for the Phulbari coal mine with UK GCM Resources, Beijing-based PowerChina announced yesterday. The project includes the design of the mining infrastructure and overburden removal, procuring and installing stripping equipment, dewatering and drainage, ground production system, and sewage treatment, it added.

The contract has a four-year lifespan, including two years of overburden removal to expose the first coal for mining, with no warranty period, PowerChina noted. The Phulbari coal mine is located in Dinajpur district in northwest Bangladesh.

25/3/2024

Appointment of Independent Non-executive Directors

GCM Resources plc ("GCM" or the "Company"), an AIM quoted mining and energy company, is pleased to announce the appointments of Paul Shackleton and Charlie Green to the Board as independent Non-Executive Directors with immediate effect. Paul Shackleton will serve as acting Chairman.

17/3/2024

BBC Bangla has learned from the Ministry of Energy that a proposal based on various surveys and feasibility studies conducted in the country's coal mines will be presented to the Prime Minister by April and approval will be sought.”

12/3/2024

Plan afoot for coal extraction

hxxps://businesspostbd.com/power-energy/govt-reviving-plans-despite-strong-opposition

11/3/2024
Phulbari Coal Mining Infrastructure Construction and Overburden Stripping Contract

The Company advises that working under the coal mine development MOU with Power Construction Corporation of China, Ltd. ("PowerChina") (refer to RNS of 28 November 2023), it has signed a contract with PowerChina International Group Limited covering mine development works of approximately US$1 billion necessary to facilitate coal extraction at the Phulbari Coal and Power Project ("the Project"). The advancement of this Contract is subject to receiving the approval of the Scheme of Development for coal mining submitted to the Bangladesh Government under the terms and conditions of its Contract for "Exploration and Mining Coal in Northern Bangladesh".

The scope of works under this Mine Construction Contract includes design, procurement, installation, construction and commissioning of mine infrastructure and overburden removal, dewatering and drainage. It also includes selective mining and stockpiling of valuable industrial mineral co-products that occur in the overburden. These co-products are expected to deliver considerable cashflow for the Project ahead of any coal extraction.

The Mine Construction Contract duration is four years, with overburden removal to expose first coal taking some two years. The Company and PowerChina expect to enter additional contracts covering coal extraction and associated activities to support ongoing open pit mining operations and the Project's commitment to deliver high quality coal supporting at least 6,600MW power generation for over 30 years. A joint proposal with development partner, PowerChina, will shortly be presented to the newly elected Bangladesh Government.

The Mine Construction Contract was entered into on 9 March 2024, however, issuance of a Notice to Proceed with the works is dependent on the Company receiving the necessary approvals from the Bangladesh Government and achieving financial closure. As noted in the beforementioned RNS of 28 November 2023, our development partner, PowerChina is committed to assist with project financing.

Coal Supply Expressions of Interest:

The Company has received Expressions of Interest to purchase Phulbari's coal from both of Bangladesh's current Independent Power Producers, being SS Power Limited that operates the 1,320MW Banshkhali power plant and Barisal Electric Power Company that operates a 350MW unit at Barisal (with plans to add an additional unit). These represent some 27% of the present market.

Bangladesh currently has 6,035 MW of installed coal-fired power generating capacity with a demand for some 16 million tonnes of coal per annum, i.e., equivalent to the Phulbari coal mine's planned production. However, the long-term government plan shows an increase in coal-fired power to 11,830 MW which would require some 36 million tonnes of coal per annum.

The current coal-fired power plants include:
· Existing Barapukuria plants 525 MW
· Payra 1,320 MW
· Rampal 1,320
· Matarbari 1,200 MW
· S ALAM Banshkhali 1,320 MW (Independent power producer SS Power)
· Barisal 350 MW (Independent power producer Barisal Electric Power Company)

8/3/2024
“State Minister for Energy and Mineral Resources Nasrul Hamid said that coal mining will be done by ensuring underground water management. Rehabilitation and employment of the locals will also be ensured. He said that if there is a coal mine in that region, crop production will decrease by BDT 5 thousand crore annually. On the contrary, coal worth about BDT 70 thousand crore will have to be imported in the future.”

“It is possible to extract coal from this mine by the open pit method. This mining license is now in the hands of the multinational company GCM. A majority stake in GCM is said to be owned by a Chinese company. GCM has submitted a full feasibility study on the mine development to the government.”

shortjohnblobfish
23/4/2024
20:14
!FOLLOWFEED
New thread for GCM as all news & activity is pointing to the long awaited Scheme of Development being given approval

BREAKING NEWS

22/4/2024

It’s happening soon

Bangladesh is preparing to mine its own coal to reduce energy crisis and import dependency in the future while there is also a plan to mine coal in an open method.

In the proposal that the Ministry of Energy is going to make for the high-level decision of the government, the final decision will be the matter of extracting coal from three mines of the country at the initial stage

Five coal mines have been discovered in the northern part of Bangladesh so far. These mines have reserves of 7,823 million tons of coal.

Twenty percent of this coal is mineable, amounting to 1,564.6 million tons, according to the presentation of the Energy Department. This amount of coal is capable of meeting the energy demand equal to 40.6 trillion cubic feet of gas.

20/4/2024

RULING PARTY AND ITS PRE-ELECTION PLEDGE FOR MINING DOMESTIC COALToday 16:37
This has Phulbari written all over it imo!!!!!

Here are just some of the points from the article...

“Technical experts, economists, and analysts have long been suggesting the exploration and exploitation of superior-quality coal resources lying at mineable depths. Various studies have been conducted by local and international experts, justifying the proposals for mining coal and using it as the cheapest alternative to depleting natural gas. Even the present government in its past three terms pledged for mining coal. However, the required political decision in this regard has not been made.”

“The technological and economic aspects heavily favor mining domestic coal.”

“The need now is for the government to take the decision of mining or not mining coal. Nothing but domestic coal can ensure sustainable energy security for Bangladesh in the prevailing and emerging global geopolitical situation. Despite global movement for energy transition from fossil fuel to renewable energy coal is going to remain one of the major fuels over the next 30-40 years. Moreover, Bangladesh has no obligation to limit emissions as it has only a negligible carbon footprint of its own.”

“The government paying through its nose realized that the increasing dependence on imported fuel through ignoring exploration and development was a major political mistake.”

“Exploration of coal and gas should be a top priority national agenda. The government should not only make an immediate political decision to mine coal it must also reorganize the mining directorate of Petrobangla to champion coal mining.”

“A positive signal of the government will encourage investment. In the meantime, the government engaging competent mining experts can review all study reports for implementing mining strategy.”

“However, the election agenda of the ruling party before the general election of 2024 included a government pledge to mine coal. Hope policymakers will produce convincing and authentic documents to the Prime Minister for her courageous decision. Local coal will delay the requirement for importing fuel from abroad. The government will have breathing space for exploring and developing offshore petroleum resources and logically expanding solar and wind power resources.”

hxxps://ep-bd.com/view/details/article/MTAxMDQ%3D/title?q=ruling+party+and+its+pre-election+pledge+for+minin

16/4/2024

Another 16 months working capital

Michael Tang CEO said: " I am delighted with the support from the London Market, which comes at a time when we are increasingly more confident that the Government of Bangladesh is receptive to the advantages of domestic energy production; our focus and main effort now is to secure the consent to develop the Phulbari Coal and Power Project, which we are well placed to develop alongside our global energy infrastructure partners, Power China."

15/4/2024

1st Meeting of Standing Committee on Ministry of Power, Energy and Mineral Resources
Date: 21-April-2024

Time: 11:00 AM

Venue: Cabinet Room

28/3/2024

The Bangladesh Government has already taken steps to move away from its current "net-energy-importing" situation aimed at both bringing its domestic coal resources into the energy mix and exploring for gas. With this in mind, and Bangladesh's deteriorating foreign exchange position, it is envisaged that Government Policy will be forthcoming to finally enable extraction of the Country's extensive long-term strategic coal energy assets, such as the Phulbari deposit.

We are more confident than we have been in recent years that we are getting closer to a political breakthrough for the Phulbari Coal and Power Project. When this happens, we are ready to deliver the benefits and investment returns that our patient shareholders deserve.

27/3/2024

Yicai) March 27 -- A unit of Power Construction Corporation of China, a state-owned infrastructure contractor also known as PowerChina, will design and strip Bangladesh's largest coal mine for about CNY7 billion (USD969.8 million).

PowerChina International Group inked the deal for the Phulbari coal mine with UK GCM Resources, Beijing-based PowerChina announced yesterday. The project includes the design of the mining infrastructure and overburden removal, procuring and installing stripping equipment, dewatering and drainage, ground production system, and sewage treatment, it added.

The contract has a four-year lifespan, including two years of overburden removal to expose the first coal for mining, with no warranty period, PowerChina noted. The Phulbari coal mine is located in Dinajpur district in northwest Bangladesh.

25/3/2024

Appointment of Independent Non-executive Directors

GCM Resources plc ("GCM" or the "Company"), an AIM quoted mining and energy company, is pleased to announce the appointments of Paul Shackleton and Charlie Green to the Board as independent Non-Executive Directors with immediate effect. Paul Shackleton will serve as acting Chairman.

17/3/2024

BBC Bangla has learned from the Ministry of Energy that a proposal based on various surveys and feasibility studies conducted in the country's coal mines will be presented to the Prime Minister by April and approval will be sought.”

12/3/2024

Plan afoot for coal extraction

hxxps://businesspostbd.com/power-energy/govt-reviving-plans-despite-strong-opposition

11/3/2024
Phulbari Coal Mining Infrastructure Construction and Overburden Stripping Contract

The Company advises that working under the coal mine development MOU with Power Construction Corporation of China, Ltd. ("PowerChina") (refer to RNS of 28 November 2023), it has signed a contract with PowerChina International Group Limited covering mine development works of approximately US$1 billion necessary to facilitate coal extraction at the Phulbari Coal and Power Project ("the Project"). The advancement of this Contract is subject to receiving the approval of the Scheme of Development for coal mining submitted to the Bangladesh Government under the terms and conditions of its Contract for "Exploration and Mining Coal in Northern Bangladesh".

The scope of works under this Mine Construction Contract includes design, procurement, installation, construction and commissioning of mine infrastructure and overburden removal, dewatering and drainage. It also includes selective mining and stockpiling of valuable industrial mineral co-products that occur in the overburden. These co-products are expected to deliver considerable cashflow for the Project ahead of any coal extraction.

The Mine Construction Contract duration is four years, with overburden removal to expose first coal taking some two years. The Company and PowerChina expect to enter additional contracts covering coal extraction and associated activities to support ongoing open pit mining operations and the Project's commitment to deliver high quality coal supporting at least 6,600MW power generation for over 30 years. A joint proposal with development partner, PowerChina, will shortly be presented to the newly elected Bangladesh Government.

The Mine Construction Contract was entered into on 9 March 2024, however, issuance of a Notice to Proceed with the works is dependent on the Company receiving the necessary approvals from the Bangladesh Government and achieving financial closure. As noted in the beforementioned RNS of 28 November 2023, our development partner, PowerChina is committed to assist with project financing.

Coal Supply Expressions of Interest:

The Company has received Expressions of Interest to purchase Phulbari's coal from both of Bangladesh's current Independent Power Producers, being SS Power Limited that operates the 1,320MW Banshkhali power plant and Barisal Electric Power Company that operates a 350MW unit at Barisal (with plans to add an additional unit). These represent some 27% of the present market.

Bangladesh currently has 6,035 MW of installed coal-fired power generating capacity with a demand for some 16 million tonnes of coal per annum, i.e., equivalent to the Phulbari coal mine's planned production. However, the long-term government plan shows an increase in coal-fired power to 11,830 MW which would require some 36 million tonnes of coal per annum.

The current coal-fired power plants include:
· Existing Barapukuria plants 525 MW
· Payra 1,320 MW
· Rampal 1,320
· Matarbari 1,200 MW
· S ALAM Banshkhali 1,320 MW (Independent power producer SS Power)
· Barisal 350 MW (Independent power producer Barisal Electric Power Company)

8/3/2024
“State Minister for Energy and Mineral Resources Nasrul Hamid said that coal mining will be done by ensuring underground water management. Rehabilitation and employment of the locals will also be ensured. He said that if there is a coal mine in that region, crop production will decrease by BDT 5 thousand crore annually. On the contrary, coal worth about BDT 70 thousand crore will have to be imported in the future.”

“It is possible to extract coal from this mine by the open pit method. This mining license is now in the hands of the multinational company GCM. A majority stake in GCM is said to be owned by a Chinese company. GCM has submitted a full feasibility study on the mine development to the government.”

shortjohnblobfish
23/4/2024
18:07
As per baxfish aka mankini

I’m Waiting for my 8£ or 24mio£

🤣🤣🤣🤣 9315;🤣

silvstallone
23/4/2024
18:06
Brilliant meeting last sunday

🤣🤣🤣🤣 9315;🤣

Sp 6.85p

🤣🤣🤣🤣 9315;🤣

silvstallone
23/4/2024
17:47
Silvstallone22 Apr '24 - 17:56 - 64825 of 64825 (Filtered)

I see the t21 blobfish Pongjohn has gone quiet lately.

He must have finally got the message -

GCM is gona BEHUGE!!!!!

😂😂😂😂 8640;🚀Ԇ40;🚀🚀;🚀

m4ckmack
23/4/2024
11:45
6.69p

Waiting for my 8£ or 24mio

🤣🤣🤣🤣 9315;🤣

silvstallone
23/4/2024
11:44
Someone sold it….

If 1.4 is massive with my 3mio it’s extra massive

The meeting this weekend and price down

You didn’t call Hamid?

Brilliant

No lollipop for you yet

3-4 £ target 🤣🤣🤣🤣 9315;🤣ԍ15;🤣🤣;🤣🤣🤣

Holy Mankini borat

🤣🤣🤣🤣

silvstallone
23/4/2024
10:47
Silvstallone22 Apr '24 - 17:56 - 64825 of 64825 (Filtered)

I see the t21 blobfish Pongjohn has gone quiet.

He must have finally got the message -

GCM is gona BEHUGE!!!!!

😂😂😂😂 8640;🚀Ԇ40;🚀🚀;🚀

m4ckmack
22/4/2024
17:56
Someone sold it….

If 1.4 is massive with my 3mio it’s extra massive

The meeting this weekend and price down

You didn’t call Hamid?

Brilliant

No lollipop for you yet

3-4 £ target 🤣🤣🤣🤣 9315;🤣ԍ15;🤣🤣;🤣🤣🤣

Holy Mankini borat

🤣🤣🤣🤣

silvstallone
22/4/2024
17:53
Massive 1.4 mil delayed buy from Friday. Someone filling their boots still before the big goahead announcement 🚀🚀🚀👊
baxtea1
22/4/2024
17:35
Boomtown. Another cracking day’s consolidation, more of the overhang cleared from the placing, still holding above the placing price.
Says it all
Green light imminent

IN BAXY WE TRUST👊

Dance puppet boy dance 😂

baxtea1
22/4/2024
09:29
The only thing the meeting has done is taking the share price DOWN

No lollipop for you ??

silvstallone
22/4/2024
09:06
Haha, morning Mick.
Not trying to stop him mate. He’s my puppet on a string, i like to make him dance 😂

baxtea1
22/4/2024
08:41
This meeting was more noise and hope than results

7p

🤣🤣🤣🤣 9315;👊

silvstallone
22/4/2024
08:12
What a boom after this spectacular meeting

🤣🤣🤣🤣 9315;🤣

silvstallone
22/4/2024
08:08
7.25 v 7.50 full ask being paid & nearly 1/2 million traded in five minutes

IN BAXY WE TRUST 👊

baxtea1
22/4/2024
08:05
Bangladesh's young climate activists demand revision of Energy Master Plan
Want renewable energy-based plan
High time to get rid of expensive technology, harmful fossil fuel use
hxxps://www.dhakatribune.com/344400
Bangladeshi climate activists hold a rally in front of the National Press Club in Dhaka on Friday, April 19, 2024. Photo: Courtesy
Tribune ReportTribune Report
Publish : 20 Apr 2024, 11:00 AMUpdate : 20 Apr 2024, 11:00 AM
Bangladeshi climate activists demand a revision of the Integrated Energy Power Master Plan (IEPMP) or integrated master plan for the electricity and energy sector so that a sustainable and climate-friendly renewable energy-based master plan is possible.

Pause

Unmute
Remaining Time -9:59

Close PlayerUnibots.com
They raised these demands at a rally held in front of the National Press Club in the capital on Friday.

The banner-festoons held by them spell various slogans like the transformation of the energy sector, amendment of energy master plan, urgency of renewable-based power and harmonization of various energy policies, danger of detrimental effects of climate change, energy transition, climate finance and need for renewable electricity.

The young climate activists called on the government to urgently revise the current master plan, highlighting the costly bogus solutions contained in the Energy Master Plan (IEPMP).

Dr Khandaker Gholam Moazzem, director of research at the Centre for Policy Dialogue (CPD), a non-governmental policy-research organization, said in a message in solidarity with the youth's demands: “By prioritizing fossil fuels and false solutions like hydrogen and carbon capture in the current IEPMP, the government is hindering Bangladesh's energy transition and jeopardizing its environmental and economic future. To truly align with national renewable energy targets and accelerate our progress towards a sustainable future outlined in the Mujib Climate Prosperity Plan, it's imperative to revise the IEPMP. Removing barriers to renewable energy adoption is essential for a successful energy transition, and revising the IEPMP is the first step towards achieving this goal.âââââ€53;¬Å¡¬ï¿½

Young activists also called for an IEPMP to be in line with the Mujib Climate Prosperity Plan (MCPP) and other national policies to prioritize renewable energy.

To ensure a sustainable energy future for generations to come, the revised IEPMP should prioritize achieving national renewable energy targets by including them, activists urged.

As part of the Global Climate Strike, young students went on strike on Friday to ensure a liveable world and called on world leaders to be more vocal in tackling climate change.

Youth Net for Climate Justice, a Bangladesh-based climate organization, �and Fridays for future-s Bangladesh Branch held this program at the press club in coordination with the “Global Climate Strike� event, which is an initiative from “Fridays for Future�, an organization by school-level students worldwide.

Executive Coordinator of Youth Net for Climate Justice Sohanur Rahman said: “The Integrated Energy and Power Master Plan (IEPMP) must serve Bangladesh's interests, not those of others. The plan assigns a significant role to three new technologies – hydrogen, ammonia, and carbon capture and storage. Proven renewable technologies like solar and wind, however, are assigned smaller shares despite their recent growth. We young people reject false solutions and call for a shift towards an energy transition-focused master plan that prioritizes renewable energy sources and ensures a just transition for all.âââââ€#3;¬Å¡¬ï¿½

Bangladeshi climate activists hold a rally in front of the National Press Club in Dhaka on Friday, April 19, 2024. Photo: Courtesy

Greenhouse gas-emitting fuels like ammonia and hydrogen have also been included in the list of “clean for the environmentâââââS64;š¬Å¡¬ï¿½ fuels in the IEPMP. Such fossil-based power is not only harmful to the environment but also expensive and unproven. Experts are calling these technologies “false solutionsâââââ€;š¬Å¡¬ï¿½.

Climate activists also urged at the rally that developed countries should take effective action to ensure that multinationals do not invest in fossil fuels to limit global temperature increase to 1.5 degrees Celsius as per the Paris Agreement. And at the same time, renewable energy should be chosen as an alternative instead of falling for various unproven “false solutionsâââââ€;š¬Å¡¬ï¿½.

“Continuing fossil fuel financing perpetuates climate injustice, with profits for corporations but ongoing suffering for communities. It's time for banks and investors to divest and prioritize a just transition for all, ensuring climate justice.� Dr Samiya Selim, director and professor, Centre for Sustainable Development, University of Liberal Arts Bangladesh, said in this regard.

Friday's rally also called for quick compensation to affected and climate-vulnerable countries with money from developed countries who are responsible for most pollution to establish ''climate justice'' as promised at the COP conference. To do that, a sufficient fund should be built on a priority basis which would be followed by a quick withdrawal strategy so that money can be discharged without any delay.

At the rally, the youth demanded an unconditional waiver of the financial debt of the countries of the "Global South" so that the poor and underdeveloped countries could put more effort into combating climate change. They also sharply criticized developed countries and multinational corporations for constantly making false promises about reducing carbon emissions.

They uttered various details of the disastrous life that the citizens of affected countries like Bangladesh are living due to the effect of climate change. Not only storms, floods, and tidal waves, but also climate change is no less responsible for the terrible and deadly form of air pollution in big cities like Dhaka, they said.

Speakers at the rally said, the world is going through a crucial time due to the catastrophic effects of climate change, which the United Nations has already declared a “red alert for global humanity�. Transitioning from this situation, governments and investors must shoulder the responsibility for the climate-damaging activities of harmful fossil fuels.

From the rally, the youth urged Bangladesh to move away from high-cost energy imports and expensive technology-based policies to create a climate-friendly, renewable energy-based master plan and take effective steps to implement

silvstallone
22/4/2024
08:04
Not yet at 3-4£ old man ?

🤣🤣🤣🤣

silvstallone
22/4/2024
08:03
“Time to wake up my gimp”

Comedy Gold, its all about the timing 🤣🤣

baxtea1
22/4/2024
08:01
Awesome interview but the guy didn’t understood one single word of the interview

🤣🤣🤣🤣 9315;🤣ԍ15;🤣🤣;🤣

Searcher
Price: 7.125
Strong Buy
RE: BBC Bangla Interview by Nasrul Hamid (Energy Minister)Today 19:45
Evening all, looks like there is not a lot more news in the Bangle press tonight, but after todays awsome interview with Hasrul Hamid the Energy Minister, i am confident that we will be seeing a lot more on the subjust of Phulbari and open pit mining in the coming days .... Anyway, we don't want too much positive news in one day, its not good for the heart ... hahahaha

The three mines that I believe are initially being looked at in the interview are Phulbari, Dighipara, Khalaspir and of those three, the only one to be mined in the open pit method is Phulbari …..
…….l.l

silvstallone
21/4/2024
20:08
Awesome interview but the guy didn’t understood one single word of the interview

🤣🤣🤣🤣 9315;🤣ԍ15;🤣🤣;🤣

Searcher
Price: 7.125
Strong Buy
RE: BBC Bangla Interview by Nasrul Hamid (Energy Minister)Today 19:45
Evening all, looks like there is not a lot more news in the Bangle press tonight, but after todays awsome interview with Hasrul Hamid the Energy Minister, i am confident that we will be seeing a lot more on the subjust of Phulbari and open pit mining in the coming days .... Anyway, we don't want too much positive news in one day, its not good for the heart ... hahahaha

The three mines that I believe are initially being looked at in the interview are Phulbari, Dighipara, Khalaspir and of those three, the only one to be mined in the open pit method is Phulbari …..
…….l.l

silvstallone
Chat Pages: 3716  3715  3714  3713  3712  3711  3710  3709  3708  3707  3706  3705  Older

Your Recent History

Delayed Upgrade Clock