ADVFN Logo ADVFN

We could not find any results for:
Make sure your spelling is correct or try broadening your search.

Trending Now

Toplists

It looks like you aren't logged in.
Click the button below to log in and view your recent history.

Hot Features

Registration Strip Icon for charts Register for streaming realtime charts, analysis tools, and prices.

ETX E-therapeutics Plc

-0.25 (-2.45%)
18 Apr 2024 - Closed
Delayed by 15 minutes
Share Name Share Symbol Market Type Share ISIN Share Description
E-therapeutics Plc LSE:ETX London Ordinary Share GB00B2823H99 ORD 0.1P
  Price Change % Change Share Price Bid Price Offer Price High Price Low Price Open Price Shares Traded Last Trade
  -0.25 -2.45% 9.95 9.50 10.40 - 1,065,155 16:35:18
Industry Sector Turnover Profit EPS - Basic PE Ratio Market Cap
Coml Physical, Biologcl Resh 475k -8.27M -0.0142 -7.18 59.55M
E-therapeutics Plc is listed in the Coml Physical, Biologcl Resh sector of the London Stock Exchange with ticker ETX. The last closing price for E-therapeutics was 10.20p. Over the last year, E-therapeutics shares have traded in a share price range of 8.00p to 24.00p.

E-therapeutics currently has 583,844,162 shares in issue. The market capitalisation of E-therapeutics is £59.55 million. E-therapeutics has a price to earnings ratio (PE ratio) of -7.18.

E-therapeutics Share Discussion Threads

Showing 2176 to 2195 of 2200 messages
Chat Pages: 88  87  86  85  84  83  82  81  80  79  78  77  Older
DateSubjectAuthorDiscuss
12/4/2024
09:28
sold the lot now and can redeploy the money elsewhere- peace of mind a million times better than all this rubbish and greed- post above very good and goes to the heart of the matter
ali47fish
12/4/2024
07:49
Yes, good points. I'm not sure why any fund manager would say: I'll invest in a company but only if it's not listed? If you believe the company has serious prospects then what is the downside as an investor/fund manager to it being listed? Seems more to me that existing large shareholders prefer it to be unlisted as then there is less scrutiny. Makes you wonder eh?

As for the NASDAQ listing, well the pre-cursor to that is usually an OTC listing, well they had that but then delisted at the end of 27 December 2023. They gave just 4 days notice over the Christmas/New Year period, so if there were many Americans interested in the company and taking a stake then they'll be hacked off I would imagine, as are the UK PIs now.

As far as AI is concerned, well I can see the potential and it's a field I've worked in, but there's an awful lot of hype/rubbish being spouted about it at the moment, including by ETX I suspect. Ask yourself this, why have they only ever had a few contracts on the go paying relatively small milestone payments after all these years? Go and look at the last Business Update in January 2024 then look at what's happened since.

By the way if you chose to hold then if it's anything like Deepmatter, which I suspect it will be as Griffin was behind both, then as a minority shareholder you are not going to get much, if anything, in the way of updates and so are very likely not going to realise what's going on until it's too late. I got just a few hours notice when they did the placing and consolidation at Deepmatter that wiped all but the biggest shareholders out.

Personally after this behaviour I wouldn't touch anything Ali's involved in or Griffin is a large shareholder in with a bargepole, even if they discovered eternal life, but that's just my opinion, others should DYOR as they say.

12/4/2024
07:11
Very much agree with The Millipede/1347

Nice excuse to complain that fund managers don't understand the potential risk reward in companies in this space. Most are serial destructors of shareholder value while management get paid richly. Hence they want to go to the US which seems all too happy to throw cash at ventures in the hope that one in 5/10 turns into a multibagger to justify the other failures. Or just to ride the coattails of US retail investors who are happy to pump and dump whatever the latest theme is

If they really cared about investors they would have:
1) bought out the minorities or at least put a tender offer in place
2) evaluated a US listing mechanism while keeping ETX listed in the meantime

Instead they are just annoying a large proportion of the retail shareholder base. Question around their fiduciary duty to force a bunch to sell at valuations which they self-believe are too low.

Eric
(no holding, never have)

pireric
12/4/2024
02:56
FWIW I'll hold onto mine in a nominee account. Not expecting a nasd listing anytime soon given they've just done a decent sized raise at 15p but Mortazavi is a clever guy and I think AI drug discovery is worth a punt
dplewis1
11/4/2024
19:26
Ali - I am not invested here and I don’t know what I would do in your shoes.

Might depend on my time horizon. But note there is no promise at all of any future listing so if my horizon were not very long I think I would look to exit. As takeiteasy suggests this move is really about etx being able to raise more capital = more dilution, rather than necessarily any benefit for current shareholders. Silence’s share price has not risen at all since moving to Nasdaq (once you account for the 3:1 consolidation and exchange rate) and at times recently has in fact traded far lower.

You are right to say the vote might not go through. Would be worth also checking with your broker about what would happen to your holding on delisting.

This is not advice. I am here because I wondered briefly about buying some shares for my SIPP which I won’t need for a few decades. But having looked, I think I will pass.

ATB and good luck, TM

the millipede
11/4/2024
18:43
What benefits? You mean funding Directors lifestyles for a few more years as most in the UK have worked these companies out now? Yes there are too many con merchants and more chaff than wheat.
11/4/2024
18:20
Moving to nasdaq saved the day for SLN with a wide variety of knowledgeable biotech start up investors to choose from. MCAP much higher in total now (many shares issued) - last fund raising significantly over subscribed. CEO here used to work at SLN and watches all this and yearns for NASDAQ listing for reaching the same benefits.
takeiteasy
11/4/2024
18:17
millepede- are you referring to the ceo-please may i ask if you are invested in tex and if so what will you do- i ask because i am completetel disheartened and i still dont know wether i should sell or wait for the meeting as they need 75pc of the votes. suppose they dont get them what do think will happen
ali47fish
11/4/2024
17:18
I genuinely think his narrative is misguided. London won’t fund this kind of company - with little revenue and a lot of hope - because we have spent years doing so and not making any money.

I have been investing on AIM on and off since 2008. Speculative pharma is the same as speculative oil. Risky and capital intensive. And, over the years, high risk has turned out to mean no reward.

Too many con artists, failed ventures, and investors with swingeing capital losses. New York will likely discover the same soon enough IMO.

the millipede
11/4/2024
15:52
Worth looking into the history of Silence Therapeutics, a previous firm run by Mortazavi. It delisted from AIM in 2021 and moved to Nasdaq.

Currently the Nasdaq share price is lower than the price was on last day of AIM dealing.

the millipede
11/4/2024
14:07
When a share is delisted, the company usually arranges with a broker to enable trade of matched bargains. However, I don't think that is mandated, and anyhow it is a poor substitute for trading a listed share. That said, I've never actually used such a facility, so my criticism may be misplaced.
gnnmartin
11/4/2024
13:33
i understand that shares which are delisted cannot be traded- please explain if you know how going private with them works?
ali47fish
11/4/2024
09:35
is there any alternative to selling any one
ali47fish
10/4/2024
13:48
has anybody read the rns today- great dilemmas as to what to do for investments in isa if cancellation of aim is successfully voted on!
ali47fish
10/4/2024
09:44
Hmm good for the longer term perhaps but obviously not today it would seem
jpuff
10/4/2024
09:31
i see nobody is commenting- heavy fall
ali47fish
10/4/2024
08:01
important news delisting from aim/ nasdaq move