ADVFN Logo ADVFN

We could not find any results for:
Make sure your spelling is correct or try broadening your search.

Trending Now

Toplists

It looks like you aren't logged in.
Click the button below to log in and view your recent history.

Hot Features

Registration Strip Icon for charts Register for streaming realtime charts, analysis tools, and prices.

YNGA Young & Co's Brewery Plc

-10.00 (-1.01%)
24 Apr 2024 - Closed
Delayed by 15 minutes
Share Name Share Symbol Market Type Share ISIN Share Description
Young & Co's Brewery Plc LSE:YNGA London Ordinary Share GB00B2NDK765 A' ORD 12.5P
  Price Change % Change Share Price Bid Price Offer Price High Price Low Price Open Price Shares Traded Last Trade
  -10.00 -1.01% 982.00 980.00 990.00 1,000.00 974.00 988.00 32,211 16:35:27
Industry Sector Turnover Profit EPS - Basic PE Ratio Market Cap
Eating Places 368.9M 29.7M 0.5078 11.78 349.74M
Young & Co's Brewery Plc is listed in the Eating Places sector of the London Stock Exchange with ticker YNGA. The last closing price for Young & Co's Brewery was 992p. Over the last year, Young & Co's Brewery shares have traded in a share price range of 932.00p to 1,240.00p.

Young & Co's Brewery currently has 58,484,602 shares in issue. The market capitalisation of Young & Co's Brewery is £349.74 million. Young & Co's Brewery has a price to earnings ratio (PE ratio) of 11.78.

Young & Co's Brewery Share Discussion Threads

Showing 551 to 574 of 575 messages
Chat Pages: 23  22  21  20  19  18  17  16  15  14  13  12  Older
DateSubjectAuthorDiscuss
04/4/2024
14:48
I became a Youngs shareholder as part of the buyout of City Pub Co. Not too impressed with the share price performance since December, to say the least. I just checked the company’s Financial Calendar on its website only to see “TBC” alongside every potential event.
alan@bj
19/12/2022
11:47
I purchased around £2k worth of YNGN back in Oct 2017 and have been significantly down for three years and really ought to cut my losses. With hindsight, I can't recall why I bought YNGN as distinct from YNGA - probably unknowingly!
The number I hold means that any voting rights I would have with the A shares would be totally insignificant, but why would one want to move from A to N?

gatehill
14/11/2022
10:53
Lovely reaction to results. Tempted to swap some A shares for more NV.
essentialinvestor
08/9/2022
21:59
Youngs the quality sector play, YNGN gives a lower cost entry.
I hold a 40/60 split between YNGN and YNGA.

essentialinvestor
08/6/2022
17:34
Youngs & Co Brewery (YNGA) the brewing, pub and hotel company posted prelims a few weeks ago. The business was back to profitable trading in the year to 28th March 2022. Revenues were up to £309m, operating profit was £51.7m, basic EPS was back in positive territory and up to 58.83p. The financial position has strengthened, net debt has reduced by £74.9 million to £173.8 million and, with adjusted EBITDA of £82.5 million, net debt to EBITDA is conservative at 2.1 times. The top line is more or less back at pre-COVID peaks, EPS not quite. Valuation is not particularly helpful with the forward PE ratio over 20x and PS ratio around 2.4x. The balance sheet is solid as is the company more generally, but share price is still in a 6 month correction for now. YNGA is a share to monitor for the time being...

...from WealthOracle

km18
09/8/2021
14:23
Can't see why anyone would hold these in preference to YNGN. You are getting the same economic interest (just no voting rights) for far less in YNGN than YNGA.
loglorry1
30/7/2021
09:20
Andrew Hollingworth mentions Young & Co (YNGA) in the latest PIWORLD Interview at 9m28s

Watch the video here:

Or listen to the podcast here:

tomps2
19/11/2020
15:08
That's me out. The current price is something I would have expected by next summer.
Still got a few YNGN.

essentialinvestor
13/11/2020
10:37
Predictably awful interim results for the 6 months ending 28 September.

According to Investor's Champion the lengthy period of closure over the period meant that revenue fell 67% to £55.1m with the adjusted loss before tax £19.2m compared to the comparable period’s profit of £26.6m.

energeticbacker
05/11/2020
16:16
Another equity raise on the way?.
essentialinvestor
29/9/2020
11:10
poor timing here on my part with a buy a few months ago but good company with some nice freeholds but yes if pubs have to close this could be bad news short term for whole sector. If i had more cash i may take a position at this level as a new investor.
finkie
23/9/2020
19:15
Had a small amount of YNGN (non voting) today, but there are significant risks atm.

A forced closure of pubs may be the next line of defence against COVID

which makes another possible equity raise more likely.

Hopefully something for hospitality tomorrow.

Youngs not something I could recommend to friends or family atm given the backdrop.

essentialinvestor
23/9/2020
19:06
have to hope for some targeted support for the hospitality sector workers which would allow them to be retained less than full-time..see what tomorrow brings.
mw8156
23/9/2020
10:27
March 2020 low gone.

Another fund raising early next year may be needed.

The rub is, this time it may be more expensive and dilutive

because of a lower share price.

essentialinvestor
15/9/2020
18:56
Another equity raise if there is another lockdown?.

In that eventuality either HMG provide additional support or
there may not be much of an industry left.

Hold a small amount.

essentialinvestor
22/7/2020
00:21
Had a small amount this afternoon, may see the 12 month low again?.
essentialinvestor
09/7/2020
12:05
new share placement was at 1160p raised £88m no idea why market paid that much to be honest thought it would be at a discount! price now 970p.......
finkie
26/6/2020
11:05
will be buying but when this gets to 3 digits
itsnotmeitsy0u
25/6/2020
19:34
What is the impact on the capital raise apart from 15% more shares naturally pushing value down by the same level, we don’t know until 29th June at what level people invested at.....
finkie
24/6/2020
12:08
Can't stand plastic glasses. I can take my own for bottled beer but could I use my own for draught?
iomhere
05/6/2020
06:50
Giulia Bottaro

14:00 Thu 04 Jun 2020
viewYOUNG & CO 'A'
Young's expects to reopen pubs by August

The publican expects weak trading until next year and has modelled various scenarios, including venues remaining shut
YOUNG & CO 'A' - Young & Co.'s expects to reopen pubs by August

Young & Co.'s Brewery PLC (LON:YNGA) said it expects to open its pubs by August 3, though it warned trading activity will be significantly lower until next year.

The publican is also factoring in more severe scenarios where either venues remain closed or reopen and are then forced to close again.
READ: Young & Co suspends dividend payments

The firm, which has 276 pubs mostly located in London, said closures in the last 10 days of its financial year resulted in £13mln of revenue losses and a “disproportionate impact on profits”, estimated to be £7mln, due to limited opportunities for mitigating actions.

In the year to March 30, revenue rose 3% to £311mln while profit before tax tanked 24% to £29mln. It did not recommend a final dividend.

“This positive news may be toasted by patrons but they may choke on their pints when they find out what a trip to their local could be like in a ‘new normal’,”; said AJ Bell’s Russ Mould.

“Will a more sterile setting with staff in masks and gloves, ordering drinks purely through an app and tables set two metres apart really appeal? On the other side of the equation will such measures be sufficient to calm fears over a risk of infection.”
Westminster’s ‘secret blueprint’ to reopen pubs

On Wednesday, breweries announced plans to produce 250mln pints of beers within the next two weeks as the government is reportedly drawing up a ‘secret blueprint’ to help UK pubs open again.

Venues could be asked to use an app to receive orders, like the one already implemented by JD Wetherspoon PLC (LON:JDW).

Last week, The City Pub Group PLC (LON:CTY) said there indications from Westminster that pubs with beer gardens might be able to resume trading in the first week of July.

The England-focused firm, which owns 47 outlets, is planning cashless bars, limited menus in its outlets with beer gardens and plastic glasses, paper plates and wooden cutlery to replace glasses, ceramics and metal knives and forks.

Shares in Young’s dipped 1% to 1,135p on Thursday early afternoon.

Proactiveinvestors

waldron
12/7/2019
11:46
According to today's Daily Telegraph AIM stocks may soon cease to attract business property relief. I'm not talking about the Labour Party proposals - this is the Office of Tax Simplification acting for the present government.

If this idea gets traction these are likely to fall a great deal more.

grahamite2
24/5/2019
20:23
Hah. I thought you were alluding to some beneficial tax treatment on the pub estate for the family members.

Many of my investments are AIM listed but it is far from apparent that they are over valued. Take YNGA - most of the market cap is accounted for by their property value.

zoolook
24/5/2019
18:26
It's AIM so effectively passes out of your estate for IHT purposes in 2 years, rather than the 7 years most forms of estate planning take to work.

Now, most AIM stocks would avoid an IHT liability for the very good reason they'd have gone bust and be worthless within 7 years! Young's is that rare beast, an AIM stock that's very solid, with a product people will always want, and that's been going for years.

The downside is that the market always adjusts for artificial benefits like this, and it has in this case. A large part of the potential 40% IHT tax saving is factored in to the price.

But DYOR, as they say.

grahamite2
Chat Pages: 23  22  21  20  19  18  17  16  15  14  13  12  Older

Your Recent History

Delayed Upgrade Clock