ADVFN Logo ADVFN

We could not find any results for:
Make sure your spelling is correct or try broadening your search.

Trending Now

Toplists

It looks like you aren't logged in.
Click the button below to log in and view your recent history.

Hot Features

Registration Strip Icon for charts Register for streaming realtime charts, analysis tools, and prices.

MEDU Medgenics

0.00 (0.00%)
Last Updated: 01:00:00
Delayed by 15 minutes
Share Name Share Symbol Market Type Share ISIN Share Description
Medgenics LSE:MEDU London Ordinary Share COM SHS USD0.0001 (DI)
  Price Change % Change Share Price Bid Price Offer Price High Price Low Price Open Price Shares Traded Last Trade
  0.00 0.00% 392.50 - 0.00 01:00:00
Industry Sector Turnover Profit EPS - Basic PE Ratio Market Cap
0 0 N/A 0

Medgenics Share Discussion Threads

Showing 876 to 900 of 900 messages
Chat Pages: 36  35  34  33  32  31  30  29  28  27  26  25  Older
DateSubjectAuthorDiscuss
17/4/2014
07:46
So the end of an era for the UK listed version of Medgenics. Will sit and watch the MDGN code from the sidelines for now until the story develops. Good luck to all holders
237gmoney
12/4/2014
19:25
Don't really follow this any more, but noticed this item - a competitor for Infradure (if that's still alive?) that seems quite remarkably successful.

'Two studies were carried out, one in patients for 12 weeks, and another, for 24 weeks.

The patients had liver cirrhosis, indicating an advanced form of the virus.

After 12 weeks, 191 of 208 patients no longer had hepatitis C, which increased to 165 of 172 patients, or 96%, after 24 weeks.'

supernumerary
27/3/2014
08:40
Kalinit/Count

SVS transferred mine from MEDG to MEDU free of charge. However I made the request after having held for a year (which was apparantly a condition) and back in October. It actually took until around mid February for them to appear in my online account as MEDU.

I just rang up and asked.

fanboy1
27/3/2014
07:39
I should pull my finger out and give them a ring. I'm using SVS - no frills to say the least but cheapest I've found.
count chris
27/3/2014
06:09
Hi Count Chris

I have some with Self trade - they are forcing me to sell as they no longer settle on CREST.

SIPP centre will transer it to the MDGN ticker without charge.

TDW will also allow me to transfer MEDU to them and they will transer to MDGN but there may be a charge.

Not sure what other peoples brokers are doing - anyone else can help Count Chris.

It is really poor timing doing it just before what we hope are good results and the new trial.

kalinit
26/3/2014
22:22
Still no word from my broker. Just hope they are in a position to transfer cos they ain't worth selling!
count chris
26/3/2014
09:40
Does anyone know how it will work with the share transfer. The price in the US is now circ. £4.75 yet the buy price in the UK is around £4.35.

With the transfer costs (if there is any) exchange rate differences there will not be much difference in the end but all depends on the transfer price when it comes.

I no longer hold any here but watch daily.

237gmoney
18/3/2014
08:37
I see there was an RNS over on the US listed stock which looks like a law firm are going to sue? Over the share dilution. Someone must be really peed off about it all
237gmoney
18/3/2014
07:57
I'm still here but it's a handful of shares under the mattress to be checked up on in 5 years. No word from my broker re the cancelation yet.
count chris
17/3/2014
16:18
Is anyone holding here still? Currently down 6% in the US and trading below $8 again. Was expecting the US trials to start this month but now with the AIM cancelation and stock transfer to the US this could be delayed even further?

New presentation on the website

Reading the new presentation I just get the impression the trials will not start until later in the year. $22m left in the bank is not that much at the current burn rate the company are going through.

Also the AGM note is on the website

More dilution on the cards with yet more shares for the directors.....

237gmoney
03/3/2014
12:02
Also why publish the RNS on MEDG but not on MEDU? very odd. Once again two fingers up to all small shareholders. very poor if you ask me.
237gmoney
03/3/2014
11:29
Was not expecting the drop to be so sudden here today But then I was not expecting Medgenics to cut the UK listing. Many holders here may have to sell now before the transfer. With only $22m in the bank the company will have to cut costs to survive. Taking away the AIM listing is one of those.

www.proactiveinvestors.co.uk/companies/news/66295/medgenics-looks-to-exit-aim--66295.html

Medgenics looks to exit AIM

By Ian Lyall
March 03 2014, 8:07am

The group which is developing a the Biopump for the sustained release of therapeutic proteins.

The biotechnology group Medgenics (NYSE MKT:MDGN, LON:MEDG) has unveiled plans to cancel its AIM listing.

The group, which is developing a Biopump for the sustained release of therapeutic proteins, said the high cost of maintaining UK quote as well as limited trading volumes were two of the reasons for the proposed London exit.

Medgenics said it will maintain its quote on the NYSE MKT (formerly the AMEX).

A vote will be heard at the stockholder's meeting on April 8. If the proposal is approved then the last day of trading on AIM would be April 15.

Medgenics said all stock on the UK share register will be added the US register.

It said either Capita Registrars or Corporate Stock Transfer, the company's US registrar, will send out transmittal letters to all stockholders whose shares were previously UK listed "providing them with further information regarding the transfer of their shares to the company's US share register."

237gmoney
27/2/2014
09:43
I've thought about selling a few and taking some profits too, but then decided it would be worth holding on a little longer until the announcement of EPODURE human trials. Surely on this news the stock will spike again.
rangor
26/2/2014
16:09
No one had anything to say about the results?

$22m in cash left in the bank is not great and I just feel the company will have to dilute shareholders even further here in the future. Decided to trade the stock last week and take some profits as we wait for news here. Not an easy stock to trade with the spread but the stock in the US looking shakey now that the Institutions have stopped buying and some PIs take out some of the profits on the recent spike.

Still watching like a hawk....

237gmoney
21/2/2014
09:45
Medgenics looks to accelerate gene therapy platform after transition year

Thu 10:05 am by Giles Gwinnett

The company reported a net loss of US$17.13 million for the year ended December 31 last year compared with a net loss of $15.07 million in 2012

Medgenics (LON:MEDG, NYSE:MDGN) plans to accelerate its gene therapy platform and maximise the potential of its technology assets, it told investors, unveiling 2013 financial results.

The firm is developing Biopump to treat patients and last year repositioned itself as a rare and orphan disease firm with a brand new executive management team.

Michael Cola, president and chief exexcutive, told the statement: "2013 has been an important transition year for us as we build a foundation and corporate strategy to position the company for the future.

"Based on results to date, we've developed a second generation viral vector and Biopump protocol that shows more durable protein production in SCID mice, a model historically predictive of success in human clinical trials.

"We plan to utilise this new vector and protocol as we realign our research and development focus towards the orphan and rare disease market, where we feel the Biopump's attributes of continuous autologous protein/peptide production would be highly advantageous."

Cola said the company had two aims for 2014 - firstly to begin the Phase 1/2 EPODURE trial for human proof-of-concept of the Biopump platform with the second-generation viral vector and protocol, and to replicate the mouse results in humans.

Secondly, the company wants to obtain in-vitro (test tube) and in-vivo (living) preclinical data in human tummy-tuck tissue and mice in several rare and orphan disease indications.

The company reported a net loss of US$17.13 million for the year ended December 31 last year compared with a net loss of $15.07 million in 2012.

237gmoney
20/2/2014
15:51
Annual results out and Annual report published.

Haven't got time to read it all now but $22.4m left in the bank as of yr end.

Now that this is out of the way hopefully the company can announce when the US trails are going to start

237gmoney
17/2/2014
14:26
After todays director dealings news, Mr Pearlman only has 98,172 shares left to sell as part of the existing trading plan of 262,806.

He must have one large tax bill to pay as he has already made $1.3m although this is not all profit.

Hopefully another good week here but am starting to wonder how much further this will go before anymore news is released.

237gmoney
17/2/2014
11:03
A new presentation has been uploaded onto the website for February. Slightly different to the January one.
237gmoney
13/2/2014
12:42
Interesting. I quite like arbitrage opportunities - used to do that here on IMM before it was better known.
sicilian_kan
13/2/2014
12:40
Thanks, I do look in from time to time at IMM. Interesting company. Will keep watching it for now.

I currently hold stock in a Bangladesh pharma - Beximco Pharma - Ticker in London BXP.L. The share price is materially below the Stock price equivalent in Dhaka at the moment. Hopefully that will correct itself soon as that is a growing company and a few new investors have moved in there over the last few months.

For Medgenics I found the Institutional holders have expanded in recent months as well -

Vanguard, Belmont, B Gifford and Bridgeway are all buying stock. No wonder the stock is rising in the US if this continues. L&G have increased their holding by over 200k shares since yr end.

237gmoney
13/2/2014
09:36
Agreed, I think H2 will be interesting. Could see a dip between now and the start of the third gen trials, probably in Q2. But once started, I also expect a further rise pending the first trial results.

I think Pearlman had to walk because of the last fundraising debacle combined with the failure of the second gen biopump - new blood needed.

By the way, if you are interested in bios, have a look at my header on IMM, if you have not already.

sicilian_kan
13/2/2014
09:26
SK, Agreed.

US Biotech companies are always valued higher than say if it were a UK company and the management behind Medgenics do have quite a record at building successful Pharma companies so there is expectation here that this will work.

When the US trials start, the momentum will start to build and the share price will react imo similar to the last two spikes. I think the move in the last few weeks is the start of that.

However, just because the trials will start does not mean this is a slam dunk. Far from it. In fact, even if the trails are a success the company will probably need to carry out more fundraising to get production of the next generation biopump off the ground. But you would have to say this would be much easier with the team in place and there will be many more companies willing to put their hands in their pockets, including Baxters.

Its going to be an interesting few weeks/months here what ever way you look at it.

237gmoney
13/2/2014
09:22
As for valuations, two of the three drugs on that slide are in Phase 3. The third gen biopump is still preclinical.
sicilian_kan
13/2/2014
09:13
Yes, I think the key here is:

1. The third gen biopump must generate successful interim preliminary results in H2 2014, matching or coming close to the preclinical results.

2. If it does Medgenics is a good bet. The valuation is justified and a significant rise can be expected even from these levels.

3. If there are delays, funding is required and the share price will suffer big time - the share price fell massively on the last fundraising.

4. If the third gen biopump fails to generate sufficiently good results, the company will be on its last legs.

sicilian_kan
13/2/2014
09:04
SK, appreciate your comments.

The company has seen a marked change in the US in the last couple of weeks due to institutional buying with L&G coming in. There could possibly be others as well yet to notify.

This has to be down to the new management team being very good sales people.

I agree in that the current valuation seems high for a company who has yet to earn any material revenue of note. Last year was as you say a year where the directors lined their pockets with warrants and options. But this is not overly a bad thing in my eyes as it means they only do well if the company does well. Paying themselves high salaries would be a bigger gripe for me.

The company have less than $30m left in the bank so something has to happen this year if the company needs to progress to the next level. Otherwise more funding will be required with yet more shareholder dilution.

In the new presentation on slide 18 you see three examples of companies who have a market cap much greater than Medgenics, also with no material revenue streams especailly Synageva at $2.2 Billion!

I'm not saying Medgenics will trump that but other institutions must be looking at this now with these other companies in mind. US Trials are due to start soon and I cannot see any other reason why this would be moving upwards other than this is about to happen imminently.

Sol Barer is not stupid and he seems keen to pick up more stock on the open market so they must be confident. Only time will tell

237gmoney
Chat Pages: 36  35  34  33  32  31  30  29  28  27  26  25  Older

Your Recent History

Delayed Upgrade Clock