ADVFN Logo

We could not find any results for:
Make sure your spelling is correct or try broadening your search.

Trending Now

Toplists

It looks like you aren't logged in.
Click the button below to log in and view your recent history.

Hot Features

Registration Strip Icon for default Register for Free to get streaming real-time quotes, interactive charts, live options flow, and more.

BILL Billing Services Group Limited

0.00 (0.00%)
28 Mar 2024 - Closed
Delayed by 15 minutes
Share Name Share Symbol Market Type Share ISIN Share Description
Billing Services Group Limited LSE:BILL London Ordinary Share BMG110261044 COM SHS USD0.59446
  Price Change % Change Share Price Bid Price Offer Price High Price Low Price Open Price Shares Traded Last Trade
  0.00 0.00% 0.45 0.30 0.60 - 0.00 00:00:00
Industry Sector Turnover Profit EPS - Basic PE Ratio Market Cap
0 0 N/A 0

Billing Services Share Discussion Threads

Showing 4076 to 4097 of 4100 messages
Chat Pages: 164  163  162  161  160  159  158  157  156  155  154  153  Older
DateSubjectAuthorDiscuss
09/2/2023
19:56
I think the company still exists and is still liquidating the remaining assets.

Is someone attending the master Investor show in London,? Someone can ask Jim Mellon whats going in.

lichtgestalt85
09/2/2023
12:41
and does the co. still exist, with us holding some of the shares

or what is the status now ?

smithie6
09/2/2023
11:37
I still hold 70.000 shares here.

Doe´s anyone know if Jim Mellon sold his shares?

No idea what to do...

lichtgestalt85
12/10/2022
14:46
I still have the shares sitting in my on line account.

Any opinions, should I try to chase up that 0.6c/share (perhaps £180, a fair amount of beer or 2 jackets !) or just ask the nominee holding co. to delete the holding & book that currently shown loss ?

smithie6
12/10/2022
14:42
What is the story here ?

"Tender Offer for the purposes of ensuring the Company is placed into a member's voluntary liquidation, and Shares held by Ineligible Shareholders) at a price of US$0.00606911 per Common Share"

I am pretty sure that I got the previous pay out of ~2c$/share

But I don't recall hearing about the tender offer or getting the subsequent 0.6c$/share.

If there was money left in the company accounts since some ppl did not tender their shares then what has happened to that money ?

Still there ?
Stolen by the liquidators ?!

smithie6
21/2/2021
22:22
This_is_me 17 Feb '21 - 22:51 - 4 of 6

RESEARCHERS have discovered an ancient forest underneath a melting glacier in Alaska, exposed to the world for the first time in more than a 1000 years.
Parts of the forest have begun emerging from beneath the Mendenhall Glacier in southern Alaska, some in their original upright position with roots and bark attached.

This means that the world was a lot warmer 1,000 years ago than it is now. That means that global warming has nothing to do with burning fossil fuels or any other action of mankind otherwise the world would not be colder than it was 1,000 years ago.

Cor! Yuze do science, This_is_me? innit!

pvb
21/2/2021
22:21
LOL!

The latest 'Thread for Loons' on ADVFN.

But then, did we need another one?

pvb
19/2/2021
11:38
'Greening' of economy to blame for Texas power outages as half its wind turbines freeze solid during winter storm
Irina Slav
Poilprice.com
Tue, 16 Feb 2021 19:59 UTC
wind turbines winter snow

Great job, Greenies, Govts.
The message that we need to electrify everything that currently uses fossil fuels to generate energy has become the dominant message of the energy transition. Solar, wind, and energy storage — perhaps with the help of hydropower and some nuclear — can handle the energy needs of mankind, the argument goes, and do it with a much lower carbon footprint.

Yet, the Arctic cold wave that is sweeping across the United States has seriously undermined this argument.

Natural gas prices exploded last week in many parts of the U.S. and are still rising higher, as are electricity prices. In Texas, a state unaccustomed to such weather, wholesale electricity prices hit $9,000 per MWh on the spot market, prompting at least one retail power supplier to urge its clients to switch to another provider to avoid huge utility bills.

Blackouts are now a fact, with two million households across Texas without power at the time of writing. Authorities, meanwhile, are urging people to conserve energy by limiting their consumption. ERCOT has said the blackouts will be rolling, lasting for 45 minutes per area. This may not be a lot, but it does indicate the presence of a problem.

Texas, the Wind Capital of the US

Texas is the biggest producer of wind energy in the United States.

Unfortunately, the state saw half of its wind turbines frozen by the icy winds blowing from Canada to parts of the US that were unaccustomed to such temperatures. Of a total 25 GW in wind power capacity, 12 GW were knocked out by the freezing spell. At the same time, there is a shortage of natural gas, likely because of the sudden spike in demand. And it could get worse.

The cold spell has hit the oil and gas industry in Texas as well. Oil wells are being shuttered, and refineries are being shut down amid the blackouts caused by the deep freeze and a shortage of gas. Pipeline operations have also been affected by the blackouts, which could compromise gas supply further.

"Attempting to electrify everything would concentrate our energy risks on an electricity grid that is already breaking under the surge in demand caused by the crazy cold weather," wrote veteran energy journalist Robert Bryce in an article for Forbes this week. The current weather situation, Bryce said, shows very well why it would be highly risky to put all our eggs, as it were, in the electricity basket. If we electrified everything, he argued, it will be only a matter of time before a much more serious blackout hits.

Indeed, a blackout of massive proportions almost hit Europe earlier this year. The fact that the catastrophe was avoided was lucky, but the event highlighted two problems: over-reliance on intermittent solar and wind power, and a possibly excessive interconnectedness of the continent's national grids.

Cost of Electrification

Speaking of Europe, its solar power production has dropped to zero these days. No country except Slovenia is producing solar power right now, and Slovenia's production is a meager less than 1 percent of its total generation. Wind power is going strong in most of Europe, but solar is out.

In Sweden, even wind power production is low because wind activity is low. So Sweden, which has ambitions to become all-renewable by 2040, is seeing a jump in electricity prices to the highest since 2011 and is urging people to conserve energy by reducing their consumption. Incidentally, it is also importing electricity from countries such as Poland and Lithuania, which generate it from coal, compromising Sweden's green commitment.

This is telling us — in no uncertain terms — that the lack of diversification is the opposite of wise. It is as true of electricity supply as it is of economies and businesses. Total electrification and the shutting out of fossil fuels completely will mean blackouts. It's as simple as that.

Because while the energy generated by the Sun and the wind comes free, it cannot be summoned when you need it, and even combined with energy storage, it will be insufficient. That's what fossil fuels are for.

Incidentally, a report from last year forecast that the Earth was entering a cooling period because of a phenomenon called a Grand Solar Minimum that could last until 2053 and lead to a "noticeable reduction of terrestrial temperature.

johncasey
17/2/2021
22:51
RESEARCHERS have discovered an ancient forest underneath a melting glacier in Alaska, exposed to the world for the first time in more than a 1000 years.
Parts of the forest have begun emerging from beneath the Mendenhall Glacier in southern Alaska, some in their original upright position with roots and bark attached.

This means that the world was a lot warmer 1,000 years ago than it is now. That means that global warming has nothing to do with burning fossil fuels or any other action of mankind otherwise the world would not be colder than it was 1,000 years ago.

this_is_me
17/2/2021
22:12
NORTH AMERICA SNOW COVER EXTENT ALMOST OFF THE CHARTS, AS EARTH’S TEMPERATURE SINKS BELOW 1979-2000 AVERAGE
FEBRUARY 17, 2021 CAP ALLON
Thousands of low temperature records have fallen across North America during these past few days alone, with record snowfall accompanying the cold, driving the continent’s snow cover extent to near-unprecedented levels. On top of that, the global average temperature (if you believe such a thing can be measured) has now dipped below the 1979-2000 average.

NORTH AMERICA SNOW COVER EXTENT ALMOST OFF THE CHARTS
According to data from Environment and Climate Change Canada, snow cover extent in North America is threatening to bust the Y axis (as of Feb. 16–the latest observation point):

Feb. 16 [ECCC].

The continents snow cover is now comfortably above the 1998-2011 average, and rising rapidly.

Furthermore, this picture of impressive pow-pow isn’t just confined to North America: total snow mass for the Northern Hemisphere is also riding above the average (1982-2012), by some 600 Gigatons no less:

Feb. 15 [FMI].

EARTH’S TEMPERATURE SINKS BELOW 1979-2000 AVERAGE
Through December, 2020 and January, 2021 the UAH Satellite-Based Temperature of the Global Lower Atmosphere revealed that Earth cooled dramatically — and looking ahead, the dataset is expected to show a dip below baseline for the month of February (released early March).

An organization that keeps track of Earth’s daily temperature is the Climate Change Change Institute at the University of Maine. According to them –who depict output from the operational NOAA Global Forecast System (GFS) model– today (Feb. 17) our planet is running 0.1C BELOW the 1979-2000 average (prevented from falling lower by a slightly warming Arctic–a phenomenon expected during times of low solar activity: click here for more on that).

[University of Maine].

The Climate Change Institute at the University of Maine explains their data:

“2m Temperature Anomaly refers to the departure of the current day’s forecasted temperature from a long-term mean for the same day of the year. The anomalies here are based on a 1979-2000 reference climatology derived from the NCEP Climate Forecast System Reanalysis (CFSR). This 22-year baseline is used instead of the more common 1981-2010 climate normal because 1979-2000 represents conditions prior to rapid Arctic warming and sea-ice loss”–in other words, falling below this period of climatological reference is an even more impressive feat, and it comfortably puts to bed any lingering fears of “global warming”.

However, that AGW ruse will, of course, continue.

We will continue to be told snow is becoming a thing of the past.

We will continue to be scared into believing vast regions of the planet are being baked out of existence due to rising global temperatures, and that bouts of extreme cold are becoming less and less prevalent and pronounced.

And as a result of these barefaced lies will continue to commit energy suicide, replacing dependable fossil fuels with wholly-unreliable renewables — a sacrifice that will render ourselves useless against the ever-worsening winters of the Grand Solar Minimum:

Don’t fall for destructive ideological agendas.

Get out of the system, and grow your own…

johncasey
17/2/2021
22:00
Polar vortex 2021: Startling numbers reveal the rarity of the frigid temperatures across much of the US
Brandon Miller
CNN
Mon, 15 Feb 2021 00:00 UTC
A historic cold outbreak has led in the coldest air in decades across the United States, reaching all the way to the Rio Grande and bringing record amounts of snow and ice to the Deep South.
snow in Oklahoma
© Sue Ogrocki/AP
Snowplows works to clear the road in Oklahoma City on Sunday, February 14.
Here are some of the records that have been broken across the United States by the cold weather as well as some of the more interesting statistics recorded due to the extreme temperatures.

Extreme cold yet a record high

There was a 130-degree spread in temperatures across the US yesterday, from 90 degrees in Florida to 40 below zero in Wisconsin and Minnesota.

And while hundreds of record lows are being set in the central US, Miami hit a record high heat index of 91 on Sunday.

More than one-third of the continental US area was below zero on Monday. Expand the measurement to areas with temperatures below freezing and that includes more than 79% of the country.

Wind chill warnings and advisories cover all or portions of 20 states from stretching from the Canadian border to Mexico, encompassing more than 68 million people.

The outbreak is bringing the coldest air in decades to many locations across the central United States:
Dallas dipped to 5 degrees, the coldest temperature the city has seen since 1989.
Oklahoma City hit 6 degrees below zero, the city's coldest temperature since 1989, and the wind chill reached a record 29 degrees below zero.
Austin and San Antonio in Texas both had single-digit temperatures for the first time since 1989.
Corpus Christi, Texas, dipped down to 17 degrees, the coldest it's been there since 1989.
Rapid City, South Dakota has had five consecutive nights of 12 degrees below zero. The last time this happened was in 1943.
The wind chill dipped to 32 degrees below zero in Kansas City, Missouri, the lowest since 1989.
Monday's high of 3 degrees below zero and a low of 21 degrees below zero was the coldest day in Omaha, Nebraska, in 25 years.
A blanket of snow and ice

Winter storm watches, warnings or advisories are posted in at least 40 states and cover around 154 million people, roughly half the population of the country.

Snow fell as far south as Brownsville in the southernmost part of Texas, where measurable snow has only occurred twice since 1898, when statistics started being recorded.

Lake Charles, Louisiana, which saw two direct hits from hurricanes in the past six months, experienced thundersnow on Monday morning.

Oklahoma City and Dallas saw daily snowfalls -- 6 and 4 inches, respectively -- that reached the top 10 for both cities. Both could see another top 10 snowfall on Tuesday or Wednesday.

Abilene, Texas, reported a new record of daily snowfall with 14.8 inches of snow on Sunday, smashing the previous record of 9.3 inches from 1996.

johncasey
17/2/2021
21:58
ARREST--THESE-FRAUDSTERS!SCUM-OF-HUMANITY
johncasey
26/1/2021
15:59
As I stated in an earlier post the registrars (LINK Group 0371 664 0321)sent me the tender documents. I have probably binned these when I got my money last November.

Your should consider 'phoning them (normal office hours) and explain your situation asking them for a copy of the documentation.

A letter from your solicitor enclosing a copy of the documentation should do the trick.

this_is_me
24/1/2021
13:58
Barclays are being ridiculous and lazy, no. There was a tender. Maybe tell them you'll have to speak to ombudsman, regulator, newspapers etc?
eezymunny
23/1/2021
15:21
Snape

You have an e mail there from the ceo who mentions the tendering of the shares.

send that to Barclays and then try Norm on that e mail.

good luck
tiger

castleford tiger
23/1/2021
15:16
snape

someone is telling very big fibs.

The registrars may not of been told as it was delisted.

Norm Phipps

that is Norm as in the CEO OF THE COMPANY.

See coms between me and him about it,

Sent: 27 October 2020 12:26
To: >
Subject: RE: Billing Services

Hi, Andrew.

Glad to hear everything arrived.

The directors and all the shareholders I’ve communicated with are tendering their shares. As we said in the Circular, we expect there will be no material value remaining following the completion of the offer.

Hope you’re keeping well and staying safe.

Cheers,

Norm

Sent: Tuesday, October 27, 2020 6:46 AM
To: Norm Phipps
Subject: RE: Billing Services

Norm

Everything arrived thanks.
Are the directors tendering for their shares or could it be a better option to wait and see what’s left in Adminisatration?

Thanks
andrew

Sent: 05 October 2020 17:03
To: Subject: RE: Billing Services

Hope you had a good weekend, Andrew.

Thanks very much for your shareholdings information.

You’ll be receiving an update by the third week of this month. Please be in touch if you don’t receive any information from Redmayne.

Cheers,

Norm

I HOPE YOU CAN SEND this to Barclays or try NORM

castleford tiger
23/1/2021
14:33
Barclays have now responded to my complaint and can’t find any evidence of a tender offer. They say they have also spoken to the Registrars who have confirmed there wasn’t one?! All very frustrating and I will call he Registrars myself next week. Any information or suggestions anyone has would be appreciated.
snape
16/12/2020
16:20
The stockmarket listing was cancelled in May so, of course, there was no RNS.
this_is_me
16/12/2020
09:51
FFS THERE IS NO RNS!

There was a tender offer and they would have received details in the post...every other shareholder received them!

eezymunny
16/12/2020
06:21
Am screaming but they say there is no RNS!
Will scream some more.

snape
12/12/2020
22:30
Indeed. It was a tender that you had to apply for FFS. Scream at Barclays...
eezymunny
11/12/2020
21:02
If your name is on the share register you get all the documents direct from the registers, as I did, and get your money direct from them too, as I did.

The documentation that I got clearly stated that if you didn't tender your shares before the deadline you would not get any money when the company was liquidated. If Barclays have screwed up you will have to demand compensation.

this_is_me
Chat Pages: 164  163  162  161  160  159  158  157  156  155  154  153  Older

Your Recent History

Delayed Upgrade Clock