ADVFN Logo ADVFN

We could not find any results for:
Make sure your spelling is correct or try broadening your search.

Trending Now

Toplists

It looks like you aren't logged in.
Click the button below to log in and view your recent history.

Hot Features

Registration Strip Icon for default Register for Free to get streaming real-time quotes, interactive charts, live options flow, and more.

CMCP Content Media

0.00 (0.00%)
Last Updated: 01:00:00
Delayed by 15 minutes
Share Name Share Symbol Market Type Share ISIN Share Description
Content Media LSE:CMCP London Ordinary Share GB0009715375 ORD 1P
  Price Change % Change Share Price Bid Price Offer Price High Price Low Price Open Price Shares Traded Last Trade
  0.00 0.00% 0.65 - 0.00 01:00:00
Industry Sector Turnover Profit EPS - Basic PE Ratio Market Cap
0 0 N/A 0

Content Media Share Discussion Threads

Showing 576 to 599 of 600 messages
Chat Pages: 24  23  22  21  20  19  18  17  16  15  14  13  Older
DateSubjectAuthorDiscuss
28/4/2017
23:41
Most interesting to see how things have developed here,good luck to those refusnicks who held on,I am at peace with taking the 2015 offer,the opportunity cost of capital ,etc.
djderry
24/3/2017
02:11
You do not need to get certificates !!
fft
24/3/2017
02:09
It was a problem with the brokers. I had shares with 2 brokers and there was a definite breakdown in communication between the registrar (capita) and the brokers. I had to make numerous calls/emails and eventually get Geoff (the CFO) directly involved to get it sorted. In both cases cmcp appears to have fallen off the radar of the brokers and they weren't responding to the info from capita even when they finally received it.I think you have missed the initial date for accepting the offer. As i understand it, since more than 90% have accepted, it will be mandatory conversion, but that won't happen until June. You should tell selftrade to talk to capita. If you don't have any luck, i can give you an email for customer liaison at capita who can chase it up.
fft
23/3/2017
23:58
Thanks for all the good work, fft. My shares are held through Selftrade and I called them and they had no idea what to do - they said applying for the shares themselves (i.e certificate) takes up to 30 business days and that is nowhere near enough time to make the deadline they gave, so I have no idea what to do now. I called CMCP in London and the person I spoke to said the CFO will call me back but I never had a call. Any idea what to do now?
robseaton
06/3/2017
10:33
Geoff kindly sent me the actual 80 page offer document. Things are a lot better than I gathered from the Canadian docs. Works out an equivalent of over 20 quid a share. Downside is no cash option - all shares in Kew Media. and a 4 month lock in. But having waited so long what is 4 months !

Turns out due to share cancellations last year that I was back up to 2/3% - existing directors had not been FOissuing shares all over the place to raise capital which is a good sign for the new company as CMCP CFO (Geoff) is now Kew CFO.

Larger, more financially stable company without large lines of credit from JPM etc. shares traded on TSX. Wouldn't be surprised if taken over by larger company in a year or two...

fft
05/3/2017
12:23
just been through the 560 page listing document (sedar.com if interested).

Closing date is 20th march. The document includes figures for the 6 months until end of September 2016.

Some interesting stuff. The Chinese op has closed down and shares handed back. The production side has had receivable issues. people like Netflix are taking longer to pay up for work done. New loan deal done, and the JPM deal downsized. Net effect is to increase capability - the receivable issue may have driven the new deal.

Not paying 100% cash. 68% new shares and 32% cash. Don't know if possible to do a deal on that. $10 a share is well down on the 16.81 GBP the last buy back wss done at - which indicates something. CM management seem to do well out of new deal.

fft
05/3/2017
08:33
Wow ! Have I taken my eye off the ball. I missed the share reduction and also this I would have loved to have been in on the conference call.I did have over 1/2 ? of these (mostly bought in the last days of it being listed).I will have to give Geoff a call tomorrow.Does anyone have access to the matched bargain service to see what the last price was ? I am overseas and not allowed to join it.I thought it was 13 quid a share when they delisted, after the 1 for 1000 consolidation. Must check when I get home so $10 doesnt sound great but maybe time to take the money and run.
fft
05/3/2017
01:45
Hi, any shareholders left here? Thoughts on the Kew Media offer....
robseaton
26/8/2016
04:47
The new 2016 annual report has just appeared on the website - at a glance, looks like sales/revenues are higher than last year but profit is lower.
robseaton
07/3/2015
16:24
Likewise cheque just arrived only lost £3500 out of £20k so better than I expected 2 years ago..
bangers and cash
07/3/2015
13:17
Received cheque this am, not a huge loss but still hurts...this company typifies how shareholders are treated, not like the owners of the company, but merely mugs to milk while the management go about making themselves wealthy. I have no doubt that after delisting from the UK market and now listing on the Korean stock exchange, that the management are looking to maximise their returns, happy to be out.....
diesel
07/3/2015
12:29
I'm expecting 27k,a paltry sum given what I invested,ah well,at least I'll get something back,unlike others I could mention,was checking my account yesterday as I thought it would transfer immediately.
djderry
23/2/2015
18:43
Hargreaves say the 4th...so I will be looking Friday week for the cash.
barnetpeter
23/2/2015
14:14
Content Media site .....states no later than 6th March.Therefore allowing for broker distribution 13th March at latest.
latics2
23/2/2015
13:59
Barclays stated that they aim to update a/ccs within 5 working days of receiving the cash.
latics2
23/2/2015
08:35
any body been paid yet?
bangers and cash
06/2/2015
23:37
There was a share consolidation when they went private,I am a little hazy as to the detail,was it 1300 to one? My mind tends to blank out trauma!!
djderry
05/2/2015
22:30
I remember selling these after visiting the AGM which I was not impressed with management.

Got around 1p a share for them.

So approx what are they worth now ?

21trader
05/2/2015
22:24
trying to type on phone,please read 'cattles' and 'juridica' respectively.
djderry
05/2/2015
22:20
I still have a lot of these(I used to have hundreds of thousands before they ran it aground),but there is still a four figure no.of shares in the portfolio.I refused to sell out last time as I felt the Co. was being taken from shareholders.I suspect once they've gotten rid of us,it'll become a cash cow for the owners.I have never come across such disregard for shareholders,save except the directors of Cattle (where I lost a very substantial amount.My own fault,I did not do proper risk analysis and made the other fatal mistake ;I fell in love with the stock.Never again(apart,perhaps,Juridical.Anyway,I may just give them what they want and nurse the tax losses.
djderry
04/2/2015
09:43
Suspended shares....sometimes. I bought a few of these where they announced they were going to delist in 2012 as I thought the last valuation was bonkers compared to the film assets. Been a while and there has been a major consolidation. Even so, a real result...

"Content Media Corporation Ltd Shareholders as at close of business on the 18th February 2015 will receive £16.71 in place of each Share held".

hxxp://www.contentmediacorp.com/home/

Mind you, the company is doing fine without AIM it seems!

barnetpeter
28/1/2015
10:05
Interesting article here about the listings of western companies in Korea, which mentions Content Media - it was actually dated from September:

hxxp://www.koreatimes.co.kr/www/news/biz/2014/09/488_164243.html

Content Media, M-Biz Global set for listing in Korea

By Yoon Ja-young

A growing number of foreign companies are preparing to list their shares on the Korean stock market.

The moves come as the Seoul bourse has advantages in abundant liquidity and good evaluation.

According to the Korea Exchange (KRX), the country's stock market operator, around 10 foreign companies are preparing for an initial public offering (IPO) on the Seoul bourse.

"Two Chinese companies are set to hand in applications for listing this year," said Kim Jong-il, a manager in charge of foreign companies at the KRX. He added that Heng Sheng Group, an animation company, and a pharmaceutical company specializing in cosmetics for atopic dermatitis, are ahead of others in the listing procedure.

Among the others preparing to get listed are Philippines BXT, a leisure company; Content Media, a U.K. content company; Tong Ren Tang, a Chinese pharmaceutical company; and M-Biz Global, a Swiss mobile software company. An Indonesian home-shopping company and an Australian female garment company are also looking at the Seoul bourse.

Currently, there are 15 foreign companies ― from China, the United States, Japan and Laos ― listed on Korean stock market. Four of them are on the main KOSPI while the other 11 are listed on the tech-heavy KOSDAQ.

Kim said it takes longer for foreign companies to get listed. "While one year would be enough for a local company, it takes longer for foreign companies as commercial and corporate laws differ from country to country. It takes time for them to change their corporate system to suit ours."

However, Seoul is very attractive for foreign companies seeking an IPO, according to Kim.

"Everybody knows the NASDAQ or NYSE, but they are focused on major global companies like Apple and Microsoft. Small companies with less than 1 trillion won in sales don't get the spotlight. These stocks won't enjoy much trade," he said.

"Korean investors, meanwhile, are as much interested in small and medium-sized companies as big ones. That is a huge attraction for those companies," he added, pointing out that small companies also get media coverage and analysis by securities companies here, which they are not likely to get had they been listed on the NASDAQ.

He cited biotech companies as examples. "In the case of biotech companies, they are the most highly evaluated on the KOSDAQ. The bio sector is known to have good valuation, but in fact it is much higher on the KOSDAQ. I can definitely say that the Seoul bourse is much more favorable for small- or medium-sized bio companies," he said.

Low listing costs are also a strength of the Korean bourse. Listed companies have to pay fees to the bourse operators, as well as shoulder legal and auditing fees, but the total cost can be as small as 5 percent of that in the United States, according to Kim.

For Korea, meanwhile, these foreign companies can create great economic value. He cited Access Bio, a U.S. company that manufactures medical diagnostic devices, as an example.

"The company grew a lot after its IPO in Korea. It is building a research and development center in Magok in western Seoul, and is scheduled to hire around 50 researchers," Kim said.

He added that as Koreans hold shares of these foreign companies, they will get dividends as well as capital gains when these companies grow.

The KRX is scheduled to hold road shows in New York and San Francisco in October to attract more foreign companies.

robseaton
10/1/2015
07:22
fft, Your holding is substantially more than my 400. Even so, I had this down as a sound long term investment. At present I don't miss the cash so I am tempted to just hold these for as long as it takes. If in 5 years time they get bought out or the share price has jumped significantly then I can look at selling. But why Korea? I still think it is a ploy to get rid of the very small shareholders (325 less than 100 shares). The share dilution comment worries me too. I haven't got long to decide......
spig69
10/1/2015
03:09
Spig,I agree about this not being done nicely. Given the lack of korean input in the company, it does seem a curious thing to do. It will be more difficult and expensive for all shareholders (incl. Directors) and the company. All documents will need to be translated from english to korean or vica versa. Agm in korea !I wonder/suspect whether a korean input is being lined up ? Either korean investor or big korean contract but the document only mentions smallish deals. Smoke and mirrors ?Obviously more to this than meets the eye, but we probably wont know what it is, and whether it is good or bad, until it is too late.
fft
Chat Pages: 24  23  22  21  20  19  18  17  16  15  14  13  Older

Your Recent History

Delayed Upgrade Clock