ADVFN Logo

We could not find any results for:
Make sure your spelling is correct or try broadening your search.

Trending Now

Toplists

It looks like you aren't logged in.
Click the button below to log in and view your recent history.

Hot Features

Registration Strip Icon for charts Register for streaming realtime charts, analysis tools, and prices.

ABBY Abbey Plc

0.00 (0.00%)
28 Mar 2024 - Closed
Delayed by 15 minutes
Share Name Share Symbol Market Type Share ISIN Share Description
Abbey Plc LSE:ABBY London Ordinary Share IE0000020408 ORD EUR0.32
  Price Change % Change Share Price Bid Price Offer Price High Price Low Price Open Price Shares Traded Last Trade
  0.00 0.00% 1,600.00 1,500.00 1,700.00 - 0.00 00:00:00
Industry Sector Turnover Profit EPS - Basic PE Ratio Market Cap
0 0 N/A 0

Abbey Share Discussion Threads

Showing 51 to 71 of 75 messages
Chat Pages: 3  2  1
DateSubjectAuthorDiscuss
01/3/2021
09:48
Offer extended to 26 March. IG can hardly tell me I've missed the deadline for instructions now, can they?

Plans to cancel trading of shares from 30 April. £15.75 doesn't feel enough, but realistically, what choice do we have?

Is DWHT heading the same way?

typo56
24/2/2021
11:28
I also had an unsolicited phone call from Georgesons and reminder letters from Charles Gallagher. They seem to have gone to a lot of trouble to contact holders, finding addresses and phone numbers.

For me it had the opposite of their desired effect. It made me wonder if I should hold out for better.

In the end I did accept via HL. However, IG never contacted me (they claim they don't send any notifications for tender offers, which isn't true). IG also told me I've missed their (undisclosed) deadline. IG are not exactly winning friends at the moment!

I suppose it's possible the offer will be extended. If not, compulsory purchase?

typo56
21/1/2021
09:23
I've had several clients complain about an an unsolicited approach from this firm-Georgesons so I spoke to Anthony Gluck there on their behalf . He said his firm - Georgeson is a subsidiary of Computershare. When asked for his FCA reg. he quoted this -after first saying he was rarely asked that question so couldn't initially find it!

He claims he obtained a copy of the owners register from Gallaghers (for whom he is acting for the takeover) who got it from AJ Bell as is apparently their right.
His purpose was simply to clarify the terms of the offer (he says ) and make sure clients take up the cash offer. It smacks of desperation by the acquiring company in my opinion.

davebowler
13/12/2020
11:11
A profit is a profit.Agree it could have been more generous
denisoleary
10/12/2020
14:23
Can't see anything we can do. The Gallaghers are mopping up the last shares for an absolute bargain, given the enormous level of cash deposits held by the Company and the NAV. How the independent directors can recommend it I fail to see. Obviously they're in someone's pocket. They could have supplemented the offer with a nice dividend. I'm half Irish, and thought the Gallaghers would make a generous offer in the Irish tradition. However, at Christmas and in the future I will remember them as tight .....and not typical of traditional Irish folk
forensic
10/12/2020
07:23
The offer from the Gallaghers had to come soon but at £15.75 it's rather derisory. What can you do?
typo56
30/10/2020
17:31
Surely a takeover bid is coming soon. Another 175,000 shares bought by the Gallaghers today. On my calculations there are now only approximately 887,000 shares left on the market.
forensic
16/10/2020
18:19
IG have refunded the Irish stamp duty. I checked with a couple of brokers and they wouldn't have charged it.

Now all we need is a bid so I can use the funds for something else.

typo56
11/10/2020
15:24
Thanks Forensic.

I'm now thinking we may have been lucky in the past and perhaps IG have correctly charged Irish stamp duty.

Abbey are dual listed, on the Euronext Growth Market and on AIM in the UK (which is not a stock exchange recognised by HMRC). This means if Abbey were incorporated in the UK I don't think stamp duty would be chargeable. However, Abbey are incorporated in Ireland. Had it been listed in Ireland on the Enterprise Securities Market (ESM) I think it would be exempt from stamp duty.

Here's what is says on page 70 of the Euronext Growth Market Rule Book:-

"Pursuant to the Finance Bill 2014 in the UK, UK stamp duty and the stamp duty reserve tax are not chargeable on transactions in securities admitted to trading on the Euronext Growth Market operated by Euronext Dublin of UK incorporated companies provided that they are not also listed on a Recognised Stock Exchange (as defined in section 1005(3)-(5) Income Tax Act 2007)."

typo56
10/10/2020
17:32
No, haven't been charged stamp duty.
forensic
09/10/2020
16:38
I bought a few ABBY today via IG and got stung for 1% stamp duty. I didn't get that with the previous broker I used.

Abbey are dual listed, on the Euronext Growth Market operated by Euronext Dublin and on AIM in the UK. Transactions on the Euronext Growth Market are not liable to UK stamp duty or the stamp duty reserve tax, provided that the company is not also listed on a Recognised Stock Exchange. In the UK AIM is not classed as a Recognised Stock Exchange. Therefore I don't believe I should be charged stamp duty.

Has anyone else been charged stamp duty?

typo56
08/10/2020
09:32
Good buying today. Is a takeover finally coming?
forensic
28/9/2020
19:00
The Gallaghers must now hold about 95% of the shares. There's hardly any liquidity left for the PI and the spread is crazy.

Hopefully Gallaghers will soon make an offer for the shares they don't yet own. What is the benefit to them of keeping this as a publicly listed company? I suppose it allows the company to mop up the available shares (at the expense of not paying a dividend), rather than buy them themselves?

typo56
14/8/2020
09:33
Plenty of cash for share buybacks to strengthen the Gallagher's control over the Company, but no cash to pay a dividend!!! Its about time the Gallaghers made a full and fair takeover offer for the minority.
forensic
15/6/2020
13:43
Could someone enlighten whether the spread of over 9% is always there ?Or does it change ..
washbear
24/3/2020
13:34
To say that they had a "good" cash position is a bit of an understatement. The Company has a massive cash balance, and has just done a share buyback. To cancel the dividend is very annoying, and one has to wonder whose interest they are acting for. Even under these exceptional circumstances, there is no reason for cancelling the dividend. I trust the directors and senior management will be taking a cut in their pay packages, in line with the shareholders.
forensic
17/1/2020
16:36
ABBEY PLC

INTERIM STATEMENT FOR THE SIX MONTHS ENDED 31 OCTOBER 2019

The Board of Abbey plc reports a profit before taxation of €21.59m which compares with a profit of €23.93m for the corresponding period last year. Profits at the operating level were €21.45m as compared to €23.93m at the half way stage last year.

Our housebuilding division completed 293 sales (UK 233; Ireland 36; Czechia 24) with a turnover of €92.54m resulting in an operating profit of €19.99m. Trading in the UK has been satisfactory over the past six months. Margins have held up well on a reduced turnover reflecting a higher proportion of affordable homes in our sales mix. Forward sales are at a level consistent with our year end targets. Market conditions are patchy with lower priced homes proving most saleable. Production is progressing steadily and cost pressures are, at the moment, contained. There is still much work to do in the last quarter and as is usual any setback can significantly impact our results. In Ireland work is progressing on five projects. Sales have been good and we are expecting further positive progress over the next few months. In Prague work is continuing in Přezletice and Horomeřice. A new project with an approved planning permit has been secured in Vinohrady. The building permit process is underway.

M & J Engineers, our UK plant hire business, generated operating profits of €923,000 on a turnover of €10.51m. A lower turnover together with rising costs have resulted in a lower contribution. No immediate improvement is likely and a difficult second half is in prospect.

Rental income for the period amounted to €535,000.

Further to the authority granted at the Annual General Meeting on 5 October 2018 the company purchased for cancellation in the period 431,579 ordinary shares at a total cost of €6,532,000.

The Group maintained good cash flow during the period and held €106.25m in cash at the end of October. The Group is planning significant investments in land in the year ahead.

The Board is declaring a dividend of 10 cents per share to be paid on 30 April 2020 to shareholders on the register at 3rd April 2020. Together with the 11 cents per share approved at the AGM in October this will make a total of 21 cents per share for the financial year.

Shareholders should carefully note the exchange rates used for this statement. The income statement uses the average rate for the period of 100 cents: STG 89.03 and 100 cents: CZK 25.71. The balance sheet uses the rate prevailing on 31 October 2019 of 100 cents: STG 86.22 and 100 cents: CZK 25.50.

The Group is on course for a fair outcome for the year. There is still considerable uncertainty in the outlook and trading conditions can change quickly. The Group is working hard to increase its activity in Ireland.

Copies of this statement are available to shareholders and members of the public at the company’s registered office, 258 North Wall Quay, Dublin 1.

On behalf of the Board
Charles H Gallagher – Chairman
6th December 2019

The Interim Results for the six months ended 31 October 2019 can be accessed by clicking on the following link:
Interim Financials 31.10.2019

davebowler
01/6/2018
15:18
Trading Update
01/06/2018
RNS Number : 9191P
Abbey PLC
01 June 2018

Abbey PLC

Trading Update

For the year ending 30th April 2018 Abbey Plc has completed 606 house sales (UK 524, Ireland 75, Czechia 7). The comparative figures for the previous year were 586 house sales (UK 495, Ireland 39, Czechia 52).

Group turnover for the year is at similar levels to last year, however, somewhat lower margins mean operating profit will fall short of last year's return.

Forward sales for the group are satisfactory and the housing division is on target to build and sell more new homes in the year ahead.

Full year results should be published in the week beginning 9th July.

Enquires

Abbey Plc:
David Dawson
Tel: +44 1707 651266

Davy:
Brian Garrahy
Tel:+ 353 1 679 6363

davebowler
05/2/2014
05:10
2014 – The Great Irish Share Valuation Project (Part I)

I take a look at Abbey, plus a batch of other Irish stocks:

hxxp://wexboy.wordpress.com/2014/02/03/2014-the-great-irish-share-valuation-project-part-i/

Cheers,

Wexboy

wexboy
21/2/2013
16:11
2013 – The Great Irish Share Valuation Project (Part V)

I take a look at Abbey, plus a batch of other Irish stocks:

Cheers,

Wexboy

wexboy
27/12/2012
16:26
average house prices in 2010 should have been approximately €180,000 instead of approximately €250,000 in terms of average house prices
tomatoma2
Chat Pages: 3  2  1

Your Recent History

Delayed Upgrade Clock