ADVFN Logo

We could not find any results for:
Make sure your spelling is correct or try broadening your search.

Trending Now

Toplists

It looks like you aren't logged in.
Click the button below to log in and view your recent history.

Hot Features

Registration Strip Icon for discussion Register to chat with like-minded investors on our interactive forums.

POLL Polymer Log.

0.00 (0.00%)
28 Mar 2024 - Closed
Delayed by 15 minutes
Share Name Share Symbol Market Type Share ISIN Share Description
Polymer Log. LSE:POLL London Ordinary Share NL0000687465 ORD EUR0.01 (DI)
  Price Change % Change Share Price Bid Price Offer Price High Price Low Price Open Price Shares Traded Last Trade
  0.00 0.00% 8.00 - 0.00 00:00:00
Industry Sector Turnover Profit EPS - Basic PE Ratio Market Cap
0 0 N/A 0

Polymer Log. Share Discussion Threads

Showing 551 to 573 of 575 messages
Chat Pages: 23  22  21  20  19  18  17  16  15  14  13  12  Older
DateSubjectAuthorDiscuss
08/7/2018
23:53
theresa may should do the right thing if russia is involved in the novichok death and boycott the world cup..i know you all probably agree with this
temmujin
16/10/2014
06:16
PLEASE REMEMBER THE EBOLA VACCINE HAS ONLY BEEN TESTED ON PRIMATES AND HAS BEEN RUSHED THROUGH
temmujin
16/4/2010
08:43
Anybody still holding?? Anybody heard anything??
chrisdgb
07/4/2009
21:02
Not sure what was the more dispiriting the delisting or the results
Did not sell today
I can understand why they are doing what they are doing and I guess if I had my wits about me I would have sold a few months back when the directors were buying.
Results do not fill one with much confidence and the E1m rebate they gave in Italy sums things up pretty much
I note at 10p marcap isE9m approx compared to 12 08 book value of E40m
The company is not at death's door and will continue to bumble along but not sure where lift off is going to come from.
I note that in the last 20 trading days volume has been non existent or very low except March 20 when 240k shares were traded and one wonders if the matched bargain system is going to be all that much worse than we have at the moment.

cerrito
27/8/2008
13:38
Very disappointing results. Presumably everyone else is too horrified to comment. Revenue and outlook short of expectations but costs not so constrained. Dilutive and (IMO) inappropriate option incentive scheme amazingly announced ahead of the interim results. Mark down of shares to 60% of NAV is fully justified in my opinion.
jimbox1
19/4/2008
08:46
cyberbub, The strength in the share price is interesting. I did not find the management statement in the results was all that convincing and I am therefore somewhat surprised that there is such strong support for the share now. I would have thought serious investors would have waited to see that management could begin to deliver, before jumping in. So, in my view, it is possible that there is something other than just 'recovery play' going on here. Maybe it is a huge new contract or maybe something corporate - time will tell.

MJ

mjcrockett
18/4/2008
22:31
i am amazed that there is not more comment on this board, the share price has gone up 50% since its bottom, a large 400K buy today (I am assuming it is a buy despite the 'unknown' status in ADVFN) and it is now looking like a good recovery play with perhaps another 20% short term. I don't hold (yet) BTW, am waiting for some cash and then may stick some in.
cyberbub
09/4/2008
21:30
cyberbub
agree that the share price has bottomed but been too distracted to look at the figures in the detail I would like and for this reason have not bought more.
C Stewart has reduced price target to 62p but retains a buy
The low amount of cash at 807kE caught my eye, although receivable at 14mE-the same as sales in the second half- seemed very high.
Good to see they have 18mE of room under their long term borrowings and at this stage interest charges are not onerous.
While Capex reduced from 13Em to 10Em from the first to the second quarter it is still quite high.
With a total marcap of £24m worthy of study for those who have no or few shares at the moment.

cerrito
09/4/2008
21:15
whoa - pretty chunky buys today!
cyberbub
08/4/2008
21:46
well??? no comments on the results? where is everybody?

cautiously positive outlook, it seems to me that this share price has probably bottomed now

EDIT: PS interesting - have just looked at Trades page and there has been substantial selling, mostly wrongly marked as "unknown" - wonder why the share price has ticked up - will it mean a further tick down tomorrow?

cyberbub
31/3/2008
14:54
.....yes, missed by a week.

"The Company expects to announce its results for the year ended 31 December 2007 by the end of March 2008."

It may have been a tad more professional to issue this RNS a few days ago rather than at 3:15 on the last day of March.

MJ

mjcrockett
31/3/2008
09:36
"The Company expects to announce its results for the year ended 31 December 2007 by the end of March 2008."

Could this be yet another missed target?

MJ

mjcrockett
22/2/2008
10:19
CS has come out with a buy recommendation and a price target of 70p
cerrito
21/2/2008
12:38
I did a thorough analysis of this share last night and believe that the recent drop in the price is overdone for the following reasons:-
- profit after tax, although below expectations, is still over 4m Euro (3m GBP) - current P/E approx 9. Very low for a "growth" company
- "contracted" revenue is growing rapidly - 64% growth rate
- firm seems to have been hit by a series of unfortunate "one-off" occurances which have impacted on the bottom line (i.e. 1.6m writedown of a 2m euro "contracted" debt; raw material price increases not yet passed on to clients affecting bottom line by 1m euro; contract delay resulting in 0.75m euro off bottom line; truck drivers strike wiping 0.25m euro off bottom line). Factoring in 50% of these back into PAT will give a figure of about 6m euro (4.5m GBP). Thus a P/E of nearly 6. Exceptionally low for a "growth" company.
- well positioned in a growth market with an "environmentally" sensitive product range - i.e all "recycled" and "reused"
- cost saving products for retailers, which should be more seriously considered during an economic downturn
- strong order book and management is "confident"

On the negative side there are a couple of factors to look at
- raw materials prices still increasing rapidly and can they be passed onto the retailers?
- economic downturn - less use of / need for POLL's product range
- management seem to have made a number of mistakes since the IPO. How good are they?

troc1958
21/2/2008
11:26
some decent buys there..but no share price reaction
nurdin
20/2/2008
11:48
Pugugly
Good question if you have time phone up the good Dana Gerner and ask her

cerrito
20/2/2008
10:32
Having checked all the IPO documentation I cannot find any detais on how they account for "shrinkage" [I may have missed it and would apprciate someone telling me where] There must be some as some of the trays would make very nice storeage units for sheds, greenhouses and even closets.

Anyone know haow this is accounted for and how they keep track of the pool units?

I remember that the fore-runner to Brambles had a major accounting problem with lost pallets - Stikes me that unless there is a good tracking system there could be areas here which management need to consider.

Comments etc?

pugugly
20/2/2008
09:56
This looks oversold with them forecasting not less than E4m/£3m post tax profit on a present marcap of £27m.
They seem to have had a very buoyant second half...total annual revenue will be E37m but in the first half was E11.7m making E25.3m in the second half ie more than total 2006 revenues of E22m.
Indeed second half profitability seems to have been not bad...first half post tax profits were E754K so they will have made E3.25k in the second half despite all their problems.
Despite the above am hesitating about buying more: reasons include: exposure to Tesco US venture; the fact that they do not have their AGM in London so one cannot eyeball management/directors; and I guess their inability to keep up to date the news section of their website does not inspire confidence.

cerrito
19/2/2008
15:54
anyone with any new thoughts from the brokers?
tsmith2
19/2/2008
15:29
Sad really as like the product but never could see them making full year numbers. Will watch for recovery one day. Maybe.
matt
19/2/2008
12:50
Not a holder - overreaction to profits warnings, underlying trade seems to be going well..

On the downside, Polymer Logistics continued to plummet, down 26 to 36 after the company warned that full-year results, while a significant improvement upon those achieved in 2006, will be below current market expectations.

Revenues for 2007 are expected to be approx 37 mln eur and profits after tax not less than 4 mln.

The slight shortfall in expected revenue is largely attributable to a 2 mln eur delayed order, which has now commenced in 2008.

tsmith2
19/2/2008
10:04
More bad news - glad that I never bought in to this stock. Still have no plans to do so either in the future. There are management credibility issues here in my opinion !
Biggest AIM faller of the day by quite a wide margin.

From todays TU: Profits were negatively affected by the following factors:

The Company is contractually entitled to receive circa Euro2 million from a
customer which is currently under dispute. Whilst the Board is of the firm
view that the Company is entitled to recover the entire amount to which it
is contractually entitled, the Board had decided that it would be prudent to
adopt a conservative approach and to include an estimated recovery of Euro0.6
million in its 2007 numbers. This will therefore result in a Euro1.4 million
shortfall to reported post tax profits for 2007. Shareholders will be
updated when a final position on this matter has been reached.

A sharp increase in raw material prices (principally polypropylene) in the
second half of the financial year resulted in a circa Euro1 million reduction
in profitability. Margins on product sales declined as we were unable to
pass-through the complete increase in raw material costs to our clients in a
number of short-term contracts. However, the impact on pool margins was
marginal as most of our income and costs are related to already in-use pool
equipment while new business already took into account the cost increases.
Management have acted to reduce exposure to future raw material price
fluctuations by ensuring that new sales contracts include raw material price
escalators;

The Company also suffered a delay in its bulk bin project due to one of
its mould makers going into receivership. This caused a three month delay
in mould supply, resulting in an estimated Euro0.75 million hit to the profit
and loss account;

Exchange rate movements, particularly that of the decline of Sterling
versus the Euro experienced in the last quarter of 2007, negatively affected
profits by approximately Euro0.7 million; and

A strike late last year by truck drivers in Italy resulted in circa Euro0.5
million of lost revenues and Euro0.25 million of lost profit.

masurenguy
19/2/2008
09:48
Well I sold my few remaining ones first thing. One unforseen problem is understandable but they had a whole laundry list - can't help feeling management seem accident prone and/or a bit naive. Also, although the current order book is 54mm, it was 50mm at the interims so not much change there. Add in the Israel connection and it gives too many red lights for me.
wjccghcc
Chat Pages: 23  22  21  20  19  18  17  16  15  14  13  12  Older

Your Recent History

Delayed Upgrade Clock