ADVFN Logo ADVFN

We could not find any results for:
Make sure your spelling is correct or try broadening your search.

Trending Now

Toplists

It looks like you aren't logged in.
Click the button below to log in and view your recent history.

Hot Features

Registration Strip Icon for discussion Register to chat with like-minded investors on our interactive forums.

PFC Petrofac Limited

0.34 (1.40%)
Last Updated: 09:09:16
Delayed by 15 minutes
Share Name Share Symbol Market Type Share ISIN Share Description
Petrofac Limited LSE:PFC London Ordinary Share GB00B0H2K534 ORD USD0.02
  Price Change % Change Share Price Bid Price Offer Price High Price Low Price Open Price Shares Traded Last Trade
  0.34 1.40% 24.54 23.66 24.60 24.54 23.92 23.92 342,710 09:09:16
Industry Sector Turnover Profit EPS - Basic PE Ratio Market Cap
Oil & Gas Field Services,nec 2.59B -310M -0.5996 -0.41 126.87M
Petrofac Limited is listed in the Oil & Gas Field Services sector of the London Stock Exchange with ticker PFC. The last closing price for Petrofac was 24.20p. Over the last year, Petrofac shares have traded in a share price range of 14.60p to 87.50p.

Petrofac currently has 517,000,000 shares in issue. The market capitalisation of Petrofac is £126.87 million. Petrofac has a price to earnings ratio (PE ratio) of -0.41.

Petrofac Share Discussion Threads

Showing 40001 to 40021 of 40025 messages
Chat Pages: 1601  1600  1599  1598  1597  1596  1595  1594  1593  1592  1591  1590  Older
DateSubjectAuthorDiscuss
23/4/2024
09:34
Personally I am out of this at the moment and am waiting for details of the D4E to be announced. When the new shares are issued to bondholders they will want out as soon as possible and will sell for the issue price which will be below the current level in my opinion. It may well be a good buy at that point and I have cash ready.
kibes
23/4/2024
09:12
It will be interesting to see if today's Share Price action follows a similar pattern to yesterday's trading.

Very little share price movement throughout the day followed by a late surge.
It will also be interesting to find out which short reduced their position yesterday.

If we see additional short reductions and today's share price movement follows a similar pattern to yesterdays trading, we might see the Bulls and day traders arrive & this could create a stampeded for the short exit tunnel.

Very unlikely... but who knows?? The share price seems to have started out exactly as it did yesterday...

miena
22/4/2024
21:55
hTtps://www.britishbulls.com/SignalPage.aspx?lang=en&Ticker=PFC.L
dipa11
22/4/2024
15:35
looks like it could be the next short bottling it before the financials. I wonder who sh*t the bed??

Squeeky bum time me thinks... TICK TOCK!!

miena
22/4/2024
15:21
Seems the market hasn't yer been informed about JN 4p theory. Perhaps like the time the share price doubled there will be another left field 1 bn contract and a strategic investor plus asset sales. Or they may be bust. Who knows?
leoneobull
22/4/2024
13:36
Everyone waiting for results with bated breath.
geckotheglorious
22/4/2024
13:16
Turnover still below 2 million. Very strange
action
21/4/2024
20:43
No rumours in the Sunday Press?
investtofly
19/4/2024
16:24
dealy - I'd chalk that last exchange up as a win If I were you my friend. You managed to live rent free inside his head for at leat 45 minutes while he copied and pasted that reply.
Early retirement? LMAO. Still working from an office with technical support and professional feed.

Cliff.

fiscal cliff
19/4/2024
16:13
JK - I respect your attention to detail.
dealy
19/4/2024
16:01
dealy,

I’m not convinced that you understand the topic of “going concern” and what constitutes a “warning”; versus what is a failure. Regardless I see that you’re not disagreeing that Petrofac has warned on profits and so I will take that as a small win!

JakNife

jaknife
19/4/2024
14:59
There is a difference between saying "we fail the going concern test" and "after careful consideration the directors feel comfortable ... with it being a going concern etc".You are implying these are the same thing.
dealy
19/4/2024
14:48
dealy,

"The statement in the 1H23 results does however say that they are comfortable with the classification of going concern, whilst pointing out the risks."

Your original claim was "- no going concern warning". Are you disputing that the inclusion of the words in the last interim results:

"there is a material uncertainty that casts significant doubt upon the Group’s ability to continue as a going concern"

was NOT a warning?

Could you please limit your response to either "yes it was a warning" or "no it wasn't a warning because what they actually meant was ...... "?

"Regarding "profit warning": the company has not come out in the last 9 months and said "those numbers we gave you are not achievable"."

On 20th December last year Petrofac put out a trading update that announced a new contract with TenneT and that two guarantees had also been procured:

within that you will also find the words:

"Expect a full year EBIT loss in E&C of approximately US$215 million, including US$110 million one-off write downs in contract settlements to protect cash flows."

as well as :

"The Group has continued to advance contractual settlements, collecting approximately US$180 million in the year to date. As referenced in the business update on 4 December 2023, due to the delays in securing guarantees, the Group no longer expects to collect advance payments on new contracts before the year-end."

and:

"Measures taken by management resulted in positive free cash flow in the second half, even in the absence of advance payment receipts, albeit this was offset by an increase of over US$100 million in collateral for guarantees. As a result, net debt at year-end is expected to be modestly higher than at the interim results (30 June 2023: US$584 million)."

This was the company telling you:

A. We will not achieve our original profit forecasts,
B. We will have material lower cash than we expected, and
C. Year-end net debt will be worse than expected.

Most newspapers focused on the new Tennet contract but Energy Voice, for example, noted:

Petrofac to take $110m write-down over contract issues

Petrofac (LON: PFC) will take a $110m write-down for 2023 on contract agreement issues, it has warned, as the group continues to address cash flow concerns.

The financial hit for its powerful Engineering and Construction (E&C) division will come as part of a wider $180m group loss, the energy services giant said in a trading update.

That will also include a $12m “bad debt” provision for its Asset Solutions segment.

See:

Does it not worry you that you don't appear to be in touch with the facts surrounding Petrofac?

JakNife

jaknife
19/4/2024
14:21
The statement in the 1H23 results does however say that they are comfortable with the classification of going concern, whilst pointing out the risks. Regarding "profit warning": the company has not come out in the last 9 months and said "those numbers we gave you are not achievable".
dealy
19/4/2024
13:53
Lol. Spot on, log
scantrader
19/4/2024
13:26
dealy,

"Just a quick reminder about what has NOT been communicated:

- no going concern warning"

- no "pending illiquidity " as per the definition and its importance in determining if a company is a Going Conern

You've obviously not actually read the going concern statement. I invite you to compare and contrast the most recent going concern statement from the 30 June 2023 interims

with the same from the 2022 interims

In particular you will find in the "Conclusion" section that the following words were added for the 2023 going concern statement:

"Consequently, in accordance with accounting standards, the Directors have concluded that there is a material uncertainty that casts significant doubt upon the Group’s ability to continue as a going concern during the Assessment Period for the Group’s financial statements for the six months ended 30 June 2023 relating to the timing of receipt of these collections from clients. [my bold]

"- no profit warning"

The newspapers disagree with you, this from a year ago:

12 Apr 2023: Petrofac stock plunges on profit warning two weeks into new chief executive's tenure

and from just four months ago:

4 Dec 2023: Petrofac shares as it lays out plan to reverse cash-flow fears

"- no breach of covenant"

Petrofac's covenants were specifically adjusted with the extension of the bank facilities in April last year:

PFC would not have been able to comply with the old covenants, the new ones were introduced on the understanding that PFC would be paying back a large amount of cash by this month. We await news on whether that cash repayment has been made given that we now know that Petrofac "has engaged and remains in discussions with its lenders to restructure its debt which would result in a significant proportion of the debt being exchanged for equity in the business."

JakNife

jaknife
19/4/2024
13:22
Same as yesterday Looking ready now for the blue day
armbar
19/4/2024
12:20
Just a quick reminder about what has NOT been communicated:- no going concern warning- no "pending illiquidity " as per the definition and its importance in determining if a company is a Going Conern- no profit warning- no breach of covenantAssuming any of the above is pure speculation
dealy
19/4/2024
12:09
As a long-term shareholder (losing a packet on paper at today's price), I obviously hope you are right, Whites, but I'd feel a lot more reassured if today's company announcement said they were going to deliver for existing shareholders as well as the country.
bouleversee
19/4/2024
12:04
I feel the same,I created a petition to ban short selling but not had much interest, would love to put the shorts under pressure https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/657294
rossifumi
19/4/2024
11:43
Unusually large spread in the share price this morning...
wellbutpoor
Chat Pages: 1601  1600  1599  1598  1597  1596  1595  1594  1593  1592  1591  1590  Older

Your Recent History

Delayed Upgrade Clock