ADVFN Logo ADVFN

We could not find any results for:
Make sure your spelling is correct or try broadening your search.

Trending Now

Toplists

It looks like you aren't logged in.
Click the button below to log in and view your recent history.

Hot Features

Registration Strip Icon for default Register for Free to get streaming real-time quotes, interactive charts, live options flow, and more.

PPA Pan Pacific

0.00 (0.00%)
24 Apr 2024 - Closed
Delayed by 15 minutes
Share Name Share Symbol Market Type Share ISIN Share Description
Pan Pacific LSE:PPA London Ordinary Share GB00B6ZFXS05 ORD 0.1P
  Price Change % Change Share Price Bid Price Offer Price High Price Low Price Open Price Shares Traded Last Trade
  0.00 0.00% 1.575 - 0.00 01:00:00
Industry Sector Turnover Profit EPS - Basic PE Ratio Market Cap
0 0 N/A 0

PAN Pacific Share Discussion Threads

Showing 13051 to 13067 of 13075 messages
Chat Pages: 523  522  521  520  519  518  517  516  515  514  513  512  Older
DateSubjectAuthorDiscuss
24/7/2012
14:51
New thread. Not convinced about the title either, but we'll see.....
happy bear
24/7/2012
14:51
New thread. Not convinced about the title either, but we'll see.....
happy bear
24/7/2012
14:47
Anyone going to do the honours with a new ASTA thread? Or can we not be bothered?
happy bear
23/7/2012
15:00
As announced on 29 June 2012 and following the passing of the resolutions, the Company is pleased to announce that it will change its name to Astar Minerals plc.

It is expected that the Company's AIM symbol will change to ASTA and its website address to www.astarminerals.com with effect from 7.00 a.m. on Wednesday 25 July 2012.

nicd
11/7/2012
17:57
This is what caught my eye.

/Users/Eelbuoy/Documents/carbonate project.pdf

Enter stage left the local yokel.

eelbuoy
11/7/2012
10:53
This below is to remind myself why I invested in this Company;

Pan Pacific Aggregates shares surge as it accesses extra reserves at Quadling Quarry

13th Apr 2012, 9:15 am by Jamie Ashcroft

Pan Pacific Aggregate (LON:PPA) shares surged in early deals today as a programme to move a power cable was completed.
This opens up a larger area of aggregate material at the Quadling Quarry. It gives the firm access to an extra one million tonnes of reserves and helps reduce operating costs.
"The BC Hydro cable diversion project is a large step forward in the development of both the Quadling Quarry and Pan Pacific Aggregates as a company," said chairman Lynda Chase-Gardener.
"I would like to thank all those involved in this very complicated task and I look forward to seeing Quadling Quarry reap the benefits of this diversion."
On AIM, Pan Pacific shares gained over 11 per cent in the first hour of Friday's session to trade at 2.5p each.
The micro-cap aggregate firm has strengthened its financial position in recent months with a number of deals.
In February it secured a £2 million equity line facility with Yorkville Advisors YA Global Master. Then last month it completed a £800,000 placing. Aim-listed investment group Veridas bought a 16.5 per cent stake in the company, subscribing for £300,000 worth of the new shares.
Pan Pacific, which has a quarry and other interests in British Columbia, said the net proceeds of the placing will be sufficient to fund the organic growth of the business into 2013.
The company also proposes to make a further payment out of the net proceeds of the placing as part of the terms of the creditors' voluntary arrangement announced last May.
"The company is steadily improving its cash flow and this placing will assist significantly in the further development of our attractive Canadian assets. It is also a clear demonstration of the confidence in the future of the business from a combination of both existing and new shareholders," Chase-Gardener said last month.
Nicholas Lee, Viridas' chairman, added that Pan Pacific represented an attractive opportunity to invest in a business operating within the Canadian aggregates sector with scope for expansion and development.
"This recent placing will better position the company to take advantage of opportunities that may arise," he added.
Pan Pacific's aggregates business operating in the Fraser Valley close to Vancouver in Canada.
Fraser Valley is currently one of the fastest growing areas in the region, with the local government committed to infrastructure development.
Pan Pacific currently operates the Quadling quarry producing processed hard rock for the local market.
"Having commenced operations 18 months ago, all the necessary infrastructure is now in place and all capital expenditure has been completed so the company is moving ahead to full production," Viridas said.

moochy
09/7/2012
23:33
Like I say eelbuoy. I'll buy PPA if/when they can prove they can deliver any kind of value, outside of Sechelt. If they remain on that peninsular they will face delays and protest at every step. That not my opinion. That's just the way it is there, as we've already seen. That's not good for a company short of cash. If they learn, acquire a decent, cash-generative asset in a less sensitive location and turn a corner, I'll look at it again. But until then there is no rush to buy imo.

Even you must admit disappointment with L.C-G. who appears to have done naff all since her arrival?

If they go about things in the right way, the sensible way, I will wish you luck. I only wish W.V. had been properly and fully dismissed. (Leopards spots etc).

mg78
09/7/2012
19:02
All past positions stay on a monitor. It's not difficult to stay in touch here.

I would buy PPA in a flash if I thought they could deliver a good return from starting new ops away from the environmentally sensitive Sechelt Peninsular.

That comes with the proviso that most of the BOD are sacked (with perhaps the exception of E.McA).

mg78
09/7/2012
18:36
And it's nothing to do with getting lucky in a bad market. I don't short shares and if you look at PPA's history lt graph, you can see it was pretty much gravy train from day one in late 2005. Don't tell me 2005 / 2006 were difficult times for the mkt.

What BAM BAM Rubble states above isn't a stupid suggestion....although they've spent squillions on pumptown and it may, one day, become fractionally profitable IF IF IF IF IF the 'admin' and 'consultancy' drops.........which.....I doubt it ever will.

It's also wise not to use the ' / ' for Bam Bam Rubble and myself. We are not the same person; he/she has probably already forgotten more than I know.

mg78
09/7/2012
18:24
sweepie2, if management had any sense they would put Quadling quarry into receivership and release the asset to the mortgage provider instead of repaying it in full. This would be a value-adding move as the quarry isn't worth the £2m mortgage. This would then be a shell, at which point the board should be downsized to one executive director on say £8k and a couple of non-exec consultants on £2.5k, where it could look to take over an asset with genuine potential rather than keep this sorry show on the road, losing £2m a year with a huge mortgage repayment to make while the management take home their fat-cat pay packets.
bam bam rubble
09/7/2012
18:06
What should they do to avoid going bust, don't hold but follow through my supposed investment in PRS
Thanks for any reply

sweepie2
09/7/2012
18:02
No grudge against you personally Happy Bear (even though I may have justification for that - I'm not interested in name calling). This is about the company, their actions as a business and their 'performance' as a plc.

They owe me nothing. I traded it years ago and profited. I abandoned the company when I realised the true extent of their plans (and environmental implication/consequences) for the Sechelt Peninsular.

I've always tried to direct most of my comment here towards what it is they do (or don't do), their history (both operational, financial, environmental)......and the likely and continued consequences for the share price

So far have called it right from several pence a share, pre consolidation, even way before pre RTO talks.

In this time, I've faced napalm from maybe 10 bulls on here....each falling by the wayside and 'disappearing' before being replaced by another.

Have followed it for years. Inside out.

Shaw pit. Good. A better option than previous targets in Sechelt. I applaud them. But no money. And low calibre management who can't cut it.

I haven't commented here for months. I'm an irrelevance regarding the share price or fortunes or otherwise of this business. If you are relying on the fact that someone would not have plumped up money at the last raising only to see it lost, remind yourself that from many tens of pence a share, PPA raised funds on many many occasions all the way down to the 0.0 something. Consider he has called it incorrectly already considering where these now sit with regards to the post consolidation price.

LCG's last shareholders report was awful - like something from a junior-level classroom, let alone something issued by a PLC to the financial markets.

Proposed name-change tells you a lot.

Regards.

mg78
09/7/2012
17:10
The 330,000 seller at 1.5p got a good price as there is next to no value for shareholders. PPA will struggle to make the mortgage repayments, which may explain why the FD resigned.

The company's status as a going concern to June 2013 is fully reliant on using the SEDA funding arrangement, which is limited to 2x trading volume over a 2 week period.

Looks like the churn has now begun. Based on average daily volume of £4k, drawdowns will be limited to around £75k which barely covers 2 weeks cash burn. Slow death here.

bam bam rubble
09/7/2012
13:08
Wow, you really can hold a grudge for a long time mg78, your life must be really empty.

Just mm's making a market imho. No interest as nothing to report as yet, so no trading. Just the 230k sell that knocked it back and another 250k buy. Apart from that just bored punters who've had enough and a few bargain hunters. Could change in an instant if they do finally get Shaw or Sechelt going, which is the stated plan.

happy bear
09/7/2012
09:11
BAM BAM Rubble 17 Apr'12 - 13:15 - 7923 of 8062

Yorkville haven't loaned anything, they've agreed to forward sell or 'churn' shares into the market provided there is sufficient liquidity to do so, after which they'll be given an equivalent amount of shares to cover the gap at a 5% discount. The service hasn't been used yet, most likely due to the lack of liquidity and the recent placing at 50% discount to the consolidation price was done instead, however with a large mortgage liability due to be paid or refinanced in 9/10 weeks, it may have to be used soon, at which point we could see a rapid decline in the share price to the 1p level.

Happy Bear 17 Apr'12 - 13:16 - 7924 of 8062

What a load of nonsense.

mg78
03/7/2012
22:04
Bill Harker, CEO - Bill is a founder of Quadrum Mortgage Corp. His business career spans construction,
real estate development, finance, and public accounting. With this background, Bill understands the
logistics of completing projects, and has the unique ability to provide borrowers with innovative financing
solutions that are designed to help them succeed.

Bill is a director of and holds ownership interest in a wide range of privately held companies including a
construction company, a Mortgage Investment Corporation, and a real estate development company.

Bill is a Chartered Accountant (CA), and is a licensed mortgage broker in the provinces of Alberta and
British Columbia.

With $100m available to lend , these guys do not chuck money at lost causes.

The high admin costs are a spill over from the failed RTO , the re-mortgage payments are in relation to tonnes out the gate.

Yes you are right though , there has to be more than Quadling for this company to stablished itself.

Where's my bucket and spade ?

eelbuoy
03/7/2012
17:21
Pan Pacific Aggregates is proposing to change its name to Astar Minerals PLC, subject to shareholder approval at he meeting to be held on 23rd July 2012.

Will it make any difference?

dosser2
Chat Pages: 523  522  521  520  519  518  517  516  515  514  513  512  Older

Your Recent History

Delayed Upgrade Clock