ADVFN Logo ADVFN

We could not find any results for:
Make sure your spelling is correct or try broadening your search.

Trending Now

Toplists

It looks like you aren't logged in.
Click the button below to log in and view your recent history.

Hot Features

Registration Strip Icon for discussion Register to chat with like-minded investors on our interactive forums.

MCR Mercer Resources

0.00 (0.00%)
19 Apr 2024 - Closed
Delayed by 15 minutes
Share Name Share Symbol Market Type Share ISIN Share Description
Mercer Resources LSE:MCR London Ordinary Share GB00BBNBM331 ORD 0.1P
  Price Change % Change Share Price Bid Price Offer Price High Price Low Price Open Price Shares Traded Last Trade
  0.00 0.00% 0.65 - 0.00 01:00:00
Industry Sector Turnover Profit EPS - Basic PE Ratio Market Cap
0 0 N/A 0

Mercer Resources Share Discussion Threads

Showing 13526 to 13548 of 13550 messages
Chat Pages: 542  541  540  539  538  537  536  535  534  533  532  531  Older
DateSubjectAuthorDiscuss
20/10/2020
11:15
First post for 6 1/2 years is only a dot?

I was fortunate to exit this before the crash, so made a small profit, and I have avoided any stock where Meekathara is mentioned ever since.

andy
23/5/2015
22:29
still thinking TERN will be the best RTO over the next 12 months even though it was done via the backdoor without the fanfare with directors injecting £600K into a £150K cash shell, only up 400% since Sept. but shhhhhh.
still waiting
23/5/2015
20:18
02/08/2013 07:01 UK Regulatory (RNS & others) Mercer Resources PLC Change of Name & Company Website
"The Company announces that its change of name from Alexander David Securities Group plc to Mercer Resources plc (AIM:MCR) is now effective.
Accordingly, the Company's website address has now changed to www.mercerresources.com...."

23/04/2014 13:01 UK Regulatory (RNS & others) Alexander David Investments PLC Change Of Name
"Further to the announcement made by the Company earlier today, the
Company confirms that its change of name to Tiziana Life Sciences PLC
has now been registered at Companies House and is therefore effective.
Trading in the Company's shares on AIM under the new name of Tiziana
Life Sciences PLC (AIM: TILS) will take effect from 24 April 2014 and
the Company's corporate website will change to
www.tizianalifesciences.com from that date."

The other former Alexander David shell to MCR, i.e. RTO biotech multibagger TILS (Tiziana Life Sciences), now has a market cap. of £138.5M. at 150p:

Price Price Change [%] Bid Offer Open High Low Volume
150.00 2.5 [1.69] 145.00 155.00 147.50 150.00 147.50 43,171
Market Cap. [m] Shares In Issue [m] Beta EPS DPS PE Ratio Yield 52-Wks-Range
138.50 92.33 64.89 -0.05 - - - 156.00 - 28.25

TILS was a RTO just over a year ago, accompanied by a placing at just 12p, and I flagged it up on my RTO thread last May at 29p:

Hedgehog 100 20 May'14 - 18:09 - 118 of 610 0 0 edit
"From "THE TIMES" today:
"Private punters also took an interest in biotechnology minnows. One, Tiziana Life Sciences, named Napoleone Ferrera as chairman of its "scientific advisory board". His research is credited with leading to the development of Avastin and Lucentis, two of the world's bestselling drugs. The developer of breast cancer drugs made its debut on AIM last month when it reversed into the shell of Alexander David Investments, originally intended to be a natural resources investment vehicle, to gain its London listing. Shares placed then at 12p each by Beaufort Securities rose a further 2 1/2p to 28 1/2p, a record, in brisk trading." ... "

hedgehog 100
06/5/2015
00:43
Cheers swizz.
moormoney
05/5/2015
18:19
mm, Despite what some may suggest, the team involved here are not the type to be twiddling thumbs, whilst I have no material news to share, I am confident that work is going on behind the scenes and when the right transaction stacks up, we will see the appropriate activity, as bsg has noted it is good to see Zoltav on the move and also interesting to note everyone is holding tight...not a single trade on the JP Jenkins Exchange to date......GL S
swizz
05/5/2015
14:59
ZOL is recovering.
bsg
05/5/2015
14:49
Anything going on behind the scenes ? I hope so.
moormoney
11/2/2015
18:46
All quiet on JP Jenkins exchange, I did think we may have seen some shares appear, but for the moment not a sniff.....GL S
swizz
06/2/2015
17:43
For info.......GL S

Btw - I have updated the header and added the Mercer page on JP Jenkins, if you want to trade your shares?

RNS Number : 7563D

Mercer Resources PLC

02 February 2015

Proposed Dealing Facility

Further to the announcement of 30 January 2015 in relation to the proposed cancellation of the trading of the Company's ordinary shares on AIM ('Cancellation'), the Company is pleased to announce that, in order to allow the trading of ordinary shares in the Company after Cancellation, Mercer has appointed JP Jenkins to provide a matched bargain dealing facility.

JP Jenkins is a trading division of Peterhouse Corporate Finance Limited which is authorized and Regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority, a Member of the London Stock Exchange, a GXG Markets Corporate Advisor and an ISDX Growth Market Corporate Advisor.

Shareholders wishing to buy or sell ordinary shares of the Company, are advised to contact their existing stockbroker.

Further details including indicated price along with a history of transactions will be available on the J P Jenkins website which can be found on www.jpjenkins.ltd.uk.

swizz
04/2/2015
21:27
HedgeIts unfair for me to continue this discussion on the MCR thread. My last point though. The TEN market cap went into free fall just after the deal was completed. It was a poor deal for shareholders and now it looks like the assets were overvalued. Hopefull the Gold price will hit $3,000 in time and some respect restored to the market cap.BestOB
oilbuy
04/2/2015
18:36
Oilbuy,

I think TEN supports my point doesn't it.

A gold company in Asia, and nothing seems to be happening there.

I believe it will come good eventually, but it's a very long-term play.

It's not management that is the problem though, its the state of the markets.

Swizz,

I certainly wasn't writing Mercer off.

In fact, as an unlisted company they will save costs, and have more flexibility in doing a deal.

Mercer may well come back to market at some point, possibly as a RTO itself into another shell.

Neither TEN nor Mercer have gone bust, or are likely to do so.

That is in stark contrast to many resource companies that have done so, with many more likely to follow.

hedgehog 100
04/2/2015
18:14
Hh, agreed and that was exactly the point I was making, as for Mercer, I think a slight tweak to your sentence is in order, 'no deal has yet been done by Mercer'.....GL S
swizz
04/2/2015
08:17
HedgeLook at TEN. There is simply no discussion to support management. They clearly have not got the ability to prove up shareholder value. Regarding TEN the over paid for a red herring.
oilbuy
03/2/2015
20:36
Swizz,

Focusing on something doesn't mean that you don't do ANYTHING else.

But it is a fact that no deal has been done for MCR, a resources shell, while TGL are CQCL have been advancing during the same period: that cannot be ignored.

"Mercer Resources is an investing company that is seeking to invest in opportunities within the natural resources, energy and precious metals sectors."

hedgehog 100
03/2/2015
19:49
Hh, have you no shame?.... I thought this was the Mercer thread? ;-)....btw and IMHO I don't think resources are too far from their thinking, I think their investment in Padiham Resources underlines that one, to the tune of multiple £millions,...but hey ho, why let material facts get in the way of a good yarn?......GL S
swizz
03/2/2015
18:23
Oilbuy,

Ilyas Khan and Stanhill are focussing on TGL and Cambridge Quantum Computing Ltd. (which may well become part of TGL), as they know that resources (including oil) will be in the doldrums for a couple of years +, whereas it should be a great two years for technology.

And this is part of a trend, with today's SPA news.

03/02/2015 07:01 UKREG 1Spatial Plc Board Changes

"1Spatial today announces that Steve Berry, Chairman, has informed the Company of his decision to retire from the Board, effective 02 February 2015.

He will be replaced in the interim period by David Richards, Deputy Non-Executive Chairman of 1Spatial, and the Company will appoint a new Non-Executive Chairman in due course.

The Board would like to thank Steve for his contribution as Chairman of 1Spatial over the last 10 years and wishes him well in his future endeavours."

"Steve Berry – Executive Chairman

Steve’s business career spans 25 years, and includes starting and floating several companies. Through his investment portfolio “Waterbridge Capital”, he holds several non-executive directorships, including 1Spatial Ltd, a geographical information technology company. Steve is also a founding partner of CTL Europe, an outsource customer services operation and call centre.

He launched SmartDesk Systems in 2007 in response to the opportunity he saw for voice technology applications for customer support organizations like CTL.

Steve received his MBA in finance from Harvard School of Business and a BSc in Economics from the Wharton School, University of Pennsylvania."

I would say that Steve Berry's departure from SPA is fantastic news for TGL (which owns SDS): he knows how good TGL is going to be, so is focussing his efforts there.

hedgehog 100
02/2/2015
17:49
Theses guys have certainly made a name for themselves. They should change their name to downhill.
oilbuy
30/1/2015
20:39
L, I think with the origins of MTR being Brady and there being a reference to them having substantially implemented their investing policy, MTR would appear to have complied and navigated around the relevant AIM reg's,

Fair play to Paul Johnson and Cameron Parry for doing so IMHO, some say "where there's a will, there's a way"......I hope the Mercer BOD demonstrate in time that they have the will,.....GL S.

swizz
30/1/2015
19:42
Don't see how it's different from metal tiger?
L

lazygun
30/1/2015
19:05
Nice touch on the day of suspension for Stanhill (or its arms length associate)
to snaffle Mercer's residual cash in return for a few overpriced Zoltav shares.

bam bam rubble
30/1/2015
17:12
l, you do wonder, based upon a reading of the RNS, that would appear to have not been sufficient enough to comply with AIM reg's.....more waiting ahead....GL S
swizz
30/1/2015
16:50
ridiculous - why didn't they just buy some stock in one of the many undervalued resource stocks instead - can't be that difficult to implement.

l.

lazygun
28/1/2015
20:08
Tick....Tock!....GL S
swizz
Chat Pages: 542  541  540  539  538  537  536  535  534  533  532  531  Older

Your Recent History

Delayed Upgrade Clock