ADVFN Logo

We could not find any results for:
Make sure your spelling is correct or try broadening your search.

Trending Now

Toplists

It looks like you aren't logged in.
Click the button below to log in and view your recent history.

Hot Features

Registration Strip Icon for charts Register for streaming realtime charts, analysis tools, and prices.

PPN Platmin

0.00 (0.00%)
Last Updated: 00:00:00
Delayed by 15 minutes
Share Name Share Symbol Market Type Share ISIN Share Description
Platmin LSE:PPN London Ordinary Share CA72765Y1097 COM SHS NPV (CDI)
  Price Change % Change Share Price Bid Price Offer Price High Price Low Price Open Price Shares Traded Last Trade
  0.00 0.00% 17.25 - 0.00 00:00:00
Industry Sector Turnover Profit EPS - Basic PE Ratio Market Cap
0 0 N/A 0

Platmin Share Discussion Threads

Showing 226 to 247 of 250 messages
Chat Pages: 10  9  8  7  6  5  4  3  2  1
DateSubjectAuthorDiscuss
27/4/2021
13:31
Good i got out
halfpenny
03/10/2011
13:01
DJ Platmin Limited Cancellation of AIM Listing

TIDMPPN

RNS Number : 4275P

Platmin Limited

03 October 2011

CANCELLATION OF aim LISTING ON November 1, 2011

October 3, 2011, TORONTO: Platmin Limited ("Platmin" or "the Company"; TSX/AIM: PPN; JSE: PLN) announces the cancellation of the trading of its common shares on the Alternative Investment Market ("AIM") of the London Stock Exchange, to take effect from 7:00 a.m. (GMT) on Tuesday, November 1,2011 (the "Cancellation Date").

Platmin's board of directors has decided that it is not justified for a company of Platmin's size and with such relatively low trading volumes to maintain three stock exchange listings.

Following the cancellation of the AIM listing, Platmin will be listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange ("TSX") and the Johannesburg Stock Exchange ("JSE"); as a result, shareholder consent for the cancellation of the AIM listing is not required under the AIM Rules for Companies.

Prior to November 1, 2011, shareholders may continue to trade their securities on AIM. On or after November 1, 2011, shareholders may continue to hold their securities electronically in CREST. If shareholders wish to trade their securities after November 1, 2011, their CREST nominee would need to do so on the TSX/Canada and/or JSE/South Africa. The securities may be moved from CREST to Canada by the UK nominee instructing CREST to deliver the securities to a CDS nominee (Canadian Depositary for Securities). Once shares are in CDS, they may be moved to South Africa, for trading on the JSE via a Register Removal Request instructing Computershare Canada to remove the shares from the Canadian share register onto the South African share register for re-issuance into STRATE (South African CSD).

About Platmin

Platmin explores for and develops and operates platinum group metals (PGM) deposits in South Africa. The company's principal current focus is the Pilanesberg Platinum Mine, which is building up to full production. In addition, it holds platinum interests on the eastern limb of the Bushveld Complex. Platinum's long term goal is to become a significant producer of PGMs.

For further information:

Charmane Russell Russell & Associates +27 11 880 3924

topinfo
08/8/2011
10:21
Seems logical... america sinking faster than a lead titanic THUS sell platinum miner.

I see car sales have increased again in China, SAfrica and India.

Not as if the world needs platinum... oil... a f clue... more cheese... americans that can do joined-up-thinking, one supposes!!!

I must admit to noticing platmin has a deep and abiding temptation sidling her seductive way toward my seated form in her figure-hugging shiny neglige!

DYOLaundry

davidhp
04/8/2011
11:38
2nd nibble?
greg the grinch
01/4/2011
19:24
No advice intended
pillion
01/4/2011
08:23
taken from recent results,

For the twelve months ended December 31, 2010 the Group incurred a loss of US$65.442 million and as at December 31, 2010 had an accumulated deficit of US$90.419 million. The Group is dependent on the successful completion of the Pilanesberg Platinum Mines ("PPM") to generate cash flows in order to fund its operations and pay debt as it becomes due. Such circumstances may cast signifcant doubt as to the ability of the Group to meet its obligations as they become due and accordingly the appropriateness of the use of the accounting principles applicable to a going concern.

of less concern is the i "left out of significant

macca42
23/3/2011
11:08
Greg

Too many conflicts of interests here and weak management in my view.

Best outcome would be a take out at around £1. This was a $10 stock once and we are in the middle of one of the greatest booms in metals ever ! Enough said !!

bulldog30
09/2/2011
16:48
I have my 1st tranche
...anyone here...?
Seems like a good recovery play...1st nibble.

greg the grinch
06/10/2010
23:28
Tiger

Just look at the price of platinum and palladium over the past couple of months.I look forward to mid November for an update on progress at the mine. That would be the September Qtr.

bulldog30
06/10/2010
21:35
I know I am talking to myself on this board but 61 looks an incredible entry point. THis will recover and quickly.
tiger60
16/9/2010
04:19
Nutt

All in the public domain but basically Scarborough Minerals (AIM Robert de Crespigny) and Mineral Securities (KL) merged to form company with large number of projects worldwide. MineralSecs had debt with Macquarie Bank. Next move was Copperco (KL and also debt with Macquarie Bank) acquired Minsecs.

Combined debt then rather large and Macquarie bankers got nervous and would not extend loan to Copperco group hence administration and liquidation looming until Cape Lambert bought the Macquarie debt and became the "liquidator" and seems to done incredibly well in the process !!

Whilst all this was going on KL was fiddling around with Platmin and no more needs to be said on that subject except that the shares traded over C$10 per share in July 2008 ? before he handed control over to Pallinghurst (Brian Gilbertson) at an 88% discount a few months later.

Strange but true.

bulldog30
27/8/2010
04:12
Bulldog..........Interested in your views on Keith Liddell,Copper Co etc.
nutt
13/8/2010
09:54
June quarter actually released yesterday pm. The company has outlined reasons why pgm production was below expectations mainly due to items outside its control such as adverse weather conditions in April and problems at the refinery. Hope that they get back on track in the September quarter.

Made positive noises re FY2011 which looks very positive if the price of platinum stays above $1500 per ounce.

bulldog30
11/8/2010
09:08
Just checked that the last quarterly report was issued on 14th May (March Quarter) so would expect the June Quarterly to be issued on Friday or Monday ?

It will be interesting to see what the new CEO has to say.

bulldog30
02/8/2010
16:03
time to enter? Cad 1 - looks like this may be bottom - worth a shot.
tiger60
30/6/2010
12:07
Heard on the grapevine that six directors/senior management turned up for the AGM and apart from Pallinghurst the interest in London was so high that only 2 other shareholders made an appearance. Farcical.
bulldog30
15/4/2010
12:59
Sadly amongst the BOD is one Keith Liddell who screwed up a lot of shareholders in Scarborough Minerals , Mineral Securities and Copperco.

BIG NEGATIVE FACTOR

bulldog30
08/4/2010
09:57
I'm still here - sadly! Plat up to 1700 US$ plus other PGM's sky rocketing in price and on course for 250,000 ozs in 6-9 months, what is holding down the share price? Why do they need to raise further finance? Diluting everyone including Pallinghurst. Should achieve high positive cash flow very soon, cannot understand this stock anymore. Should be getting to 3$ Can. but stuck in a rut. Perplexed I am. IMO etc
orgasmicbeef
07/4/2010
14:39
Anyone left here?

Although slowly going in the right direction other shares are eclipsing the marginal gains here - Is there reason to hope for better things in the short term mindful of the present climate in SA?

tiger60
04/3/2010
13:09
Cant see Pallinghurst giving up any of Platmin soon.
Too much upside yet to be appriciated.
With 3 other projects yet to be started and with PGMs on the rise, theres more money to be made in keeping the project than in selling.

bikersteve
04/2/2010
17:45
I would agree that Platinum demand should underpin the price in these volatile markets. Any undue pullback due to market sentiment would soon be corrected by the bigger picture.
the metal man
03/2/2010
19:18
MetalMan

Yes of course, the dilution was high. You're correct. My thinking is if Pall was offered a good price they would give up control. Thanks the further info. Useful. Platinum will be in short supply I believe the end of this year and onwards. IMO.

orgasmicbeef
Chat Pages: 10  9  8  7  6  5  4  3  2  1

Your Recent History

Delayed Upgrade Clock